[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

5 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Welcome to W thread!! glad you're joyning us!! let's have a great time all of us here sharing our love for the dram!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhhh this is our shy Sukie!! :lol:

I believe she (and he) will never forget this moment!! :lol:

thank u thank u.... actually i'm not into HHJ... i only say her project one. but watching the teaser she seem so bubbly for this drama. 

• Like 6

my last post before going to sleep (at 3+ am :lol:) !!

Lee Jong Seok's W #4!! :D 

cr: viki instegram

he's really Wonderful!! :wub:

Spoiler

in case you missed the other 3 W's presents from Viki!! here we are!!

cr: viki instegram

what would be Lee Jong Seok's  W #5?!!! :wub:

good night or good mornining wherever you are!! :D 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

thank u thank u.... actually i'm not into HHJ... i only say her project one. but watching the teaser she seem so bubbly for this drama. 

I loved her in Always with So Ji Sub-ssi not much in Iljimae but here her character looks interesting and fun and I love how she's playing it!! but I came here for Lee Jong Seok and the drama's concept then everything turned out as great as we saw till now!! :D

28 minutes ago, siena407 said:

hi.. first time writing in this forum.. 

i'll definitely watch this drama for sure since i love lee jong suk start from i can hear your voice..

and he said lotta kissing scene? wow.. will be glad to see it since he's a good kisser hahaha.. 

see you tomorrow.. :heart:

welcome to W thread and hope we'll have great time all of u here sharing our love for this great drama!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

see you tomorrow!! :)

now I'm off to sleep for real!! :lol: 

• Like 5

@dhia205  @siena407 hi & welcomee here hope we ll enjoy this drama ^_^

Lee Jong Suk talks competition with Kim Woo Bin

lee-jong-suk-kim-woo-bin_1468869232_af_o

Lee Jong Suk talked about his close friend and now competitor Kim Woo Bin during a recent event as they are both in separate dramas right now that will become rivals in the same time slot.

During the press conference for Lee Jong Suk's drama, 'W', on July 18, he was asked about Kim Woo Bin and his current drama 'Uncontrollably Fond.'

Lee Jong Suk said, "Kim Woo Bin asked me to make a cameo in 'Uncontrollably Fond' before I confirmed my appearance in 'W', so I almost did appear.  However, I was unable to make a cameo in 'Uncontrollably Fond' in the end because it airs the same time as 'W'. We have a symbiotic relationship to the point that we consider ourselves spiritual companions. We told each other, 'Whoever does well should buy a meal,' and support each other.

"Because of my busy schedule, I've been unable to watch 'Uncontrollably Fond' so far, but seeing the still cuts or previews, it seems that Kim Woo Bin worked out a lot.  I wondered about taking it off in my drama this time, too, but [after seeing his body] I decided not to." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/lee-jong-suk-talks-competition-with-kim-woo-bin

• Like 7

6 hours ago, MarieJose said:

2/ i don't remember who said it but someone said that 30 min in the real world are worth 2 month in the webtoon ?? I don't understand ? And wouldn't that just complicate things further ?? Beside how did you guys know what she said is there some translationa out already ? Please if there is i hope you can share it  as soon as possible i'm dying to understand what they said 

yes, 30min in real world = 2 months in webtoon. In the long preview, the scene of OYJ & her dad's students was talking abt the W series has been published continuously for 7 years while KC has created in 15 years ... this is wat i want to know more. Couldnt remember much but someone here has mentioned before the time difference in different worlds rite ... this writer also has applied that theory in W kkk 

Btw, my friend sent me the very draft translation of the long preview, based on the Chi sub, some parts are still very unclear to me. If you guys need it, i ll try to share it here during my lunch time :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

I wont expect W to get a double digit ratings for ep. 1 'cause LR left with 6.4 ratings in their last episode... I'm okay with 8 or 9 percent rating for the first ep... but I hope it gets higher and higher as episodes goes by... 

Thou im hving high hope, but i would say 8-9% for the 1st ep is good (maybe 8.9% if u know its meaning ahah). My wish is, up to the 4th ep, W cant get 14.9% and getting higher rating onwards

Last but not least, thank you guys for keeping up this thread. I have no time to spazz here during press conf but still hv a good time watching the whole more than 1 hour + v app. LOL. I dun even dare to back track this thread but you guys hv done very good job. Esp Ferrira girl Rania! Love yaaaaa :wub:

• Like 5

Lee Jong Suk And Han Hyo Joo’s First “Bloody” Meeting Raises Anticipation For “W”

Lee Jong Suk And Han Hyo Joo’s First “Bloody” Meeting Raises Anticipation For “W”

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “W” has released preview stills of Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo’s “bloody” first encounter!

In the photos, Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk) is bleeding severely looking as though he has been attacked, and Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) is trying to save him since she is a doctor.

Han Hyo Joo Lee Jong Suk W2

This is how the two characters meet for the first time, and it’s suspenseful right from the start. In the drama, Oh Yeon Joo picks Kang Chul as her ideal type, so fans are curious how she will react when seeing him in real life after getting sucked into the webtoon “W.”

With Han Hyo Joo’s father being a famous manhwa artist Oh Sung Moo (Kim Ui Sung), anticipation rises as Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk will be in the middle of many thrilling events to come.

Han Hyo Joo Lee Jong Suk W3

The drama starts as Oh Sung Moo goes missing with the last chapter of his manhwa unwritten, and Han Hyo Joo goes to his office to find him. Then something takes over her and she gets sucked into the webtoon.

The production company of “W” stated, “Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo’s dramatic first encounter will leave the viewers breathless. The relationship between Kang Chul, Han Hyo Joo, and Oh Sung Moo will get more and more interesting as the episodes continue so please look forward to it. The staff and the actors are working hard and sweating under the hot weather so please give lots of love.”

“W” will air on July 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

soompi

• Like 6

Lee Jong-suk plays murderer for ‘W’

Angela Jung, July 18, 2016, 9:39 a.m.

Model turned actor Lee Jong-suk returns to the small screen as a murderer for the upcoming MBC drama “W.” The first stills for the drama, released on Monday, show Lee being apprehended by the police and taken to jail and court.

w_071816_01.jpeg

Lee can also be seen sporting an orange prison jumpsuit and holding a piercing gaze as he is restrained by a group of officers.

Lee will be playing the role of Kang-chul an imaginary character in the webtoon “W.” He has been described as an 18-year-old gold medalist and national star who also owns abroadcasting company and has a vast refinery of wealth at his disposal. 

Lee will be acting alongside actress Han Hyo-joo, who will be playing the role of a rookie doctor who gets sucked into the webtoon “W” and builds a romantic relationship with Lee.

w_071816_02.jpeg

In anticipation for the drama, Chorok Baem Media released the first stills and revealed that Lee‘s character has a haunting past that catches up to him and leads to murder charges. After he is convicted of murder, Kang-chul explodes with rage but is restrained by thecorrectional officers. 

The drama “W” is scheduled to air at 10 p.m on Wednesday.

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/lee-jong-suk-play-murderer-for-w/

• Like 4

Will Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo's "W" overtake "Uncontrollably Fond" Suzy and Kim Woo-bin?

photo747767.jpg

Youth stars Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo ae eyeing Wednesday and Thursday peak.

While "Lucky Romance" starring Hwang Jeong-eum and Ryu Jun-yeol ended in third place recently, many people are awaiting the highly hyped "W". The leading drama at the moment is "Uncontrollably Fond" starring Kim Woo-bin and Suzy. It is very possible for "W" to rebound.

"W" is written by Song Jae-jeong and directed by Jeong Dae-yoon.

Song is famous for his unique selection of genre and he is doing the same again. "W" is a romantic suspense melodrama that goes back and forth reality and fantasy.

Yeon-joo lives in the reality world and Kang Cheol lives in the fantasy. The story starts with imaginations such as, "What if a woman falls into the web-toon world and falls in love with the male character?", "What if she realizes that she's meant to be the leading character of a famous comic?" and "What if a character from a comic comes alive and leaves the hands of the artist?"

At the premiere of the drama on the 18th, director Jeong said, "I planned on making this drama mostly pre-produced and we have completed 8 episodes. There is imagination that no other drama has presented before. It was hard but it was worth a try".

photo747768.jpg

He continued, "There's a lot to prepare and many parts of the drama required after-touches so not all of it could be made ahead of time. We referred to various resources like dramas and movies".

There are some parts which might be tough for the viewers to understand. Jeong said, "The imagination itself is unique and nothing like this has been seen before in Korea. I am worried how the public might accept this".

Jeong added, "Genre dramas are becoming popular and I standardized the colors in reality and the web-toon to let the viewers understand better. The parts of Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo are important as well and they have done a good job so far".

The drama is expected to be an MBC savior. Director Jeong hopes the first episode brings it up to 24.2%.

Lee Jong-suk is back with "W" since "Pinocchio" as a former gold medalist and current venture entrepreneur named Kang Cheol.

Lee Jong-suk said, "Anyone would have wanted to be in this drama. It's not like any drama you'll meet again". About his character he said, "I don't think he's different in reality nor fantasy. Visual is important so I am taking care to wear the right clothes.

About his best friend Kim Woo-bin's "Uncontrollably Fond", Lee Jong-suk said, "Kim asked me to be in his drama for a special appearance but that fell through because "W" is broadcasting at the same time".

The chemistry between Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo who is two years older than him, is interesting. He said, "When I first saw Han Hyo-joo, she was fair, long and pretty. She's a couple years older than me but we are the same age in the drama".

photo747769.jpg

Han Hyo-joo takes on the role of a second-year resident doctor named Oh Yeon-joo. She is back for the first time in 6 years since "Dong Yi" in 2010.

Han Hyo-joo said, "It's been a while since I've been in a drama and I think it's a great one. I can't wait to see the next script".

"I wanted to try something dramatic and "W" is a dream come true for me. I feel pressure because it's been a while since I've been in a drama. I haven't been able to sleep for a few days now".

About her first impression of Lee Jong-suk, she said, "He was fair, long and had a good voice. He is perfect in the drama. He's good looking, sexy, rich and well-mannered".

"There are so many kiss scenes with him. I cut my hair to make myself look younger and I am very charming to Lee Jong-suk".

About Suzy, Han says she never thought of her as a rival.

"I think society instigates rivalry. It's more important what kind of drama we are making. I am more concerned about what they say about me and not about others. It's also important to enjoy this drama as an actress".

Yeon-joo's father and web-toon artist Oh Seong-moo is played by Kim Ee-seong and Park Won-sang is Han Cheol-ho, a PA. Other casts are Lee Tae-hwan, Eugene Jung, Lee Si-eon and others.

The drama can be seen on the 20th at 10PM.

http://www.hancinema.net/will-lee-jong-suk-and-han-hyo-joo-s-w-overtake-uncontrollably-fond-suzy-and-kim-woo-bin--96813.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 7

Han Hyo Joo is asked what she thinks about Suzy's acting

image_zpsz8cm3f5t.jpeg

During the press conference of 'W', Han Hyo Joo was asked to share her opinion on Suzy's acting. She answered, "I've never thought about it." She then added, "I think society encourages competition but making a good drama matters more than competing. And I think it's best to judge myself than to be judging others." 

Source

wow ain't she witty. 

• Like 8

Omg.. Im already imagining LJS and HHJ hanging out with KIM WOO BIN and SHIN MINAH...  ahaahhh:sweatingbullets:

and i respect HHJ's response to the Suzy question.. She avoided any negativity with herself being compared to Suzy...and she also proved how important it is to support W for W, not as a rivalry towards UCF.

• Like 4

Two worlds collide in MBC mini-series ‘W’

From romance to comedy to suspense, it is difficult to box MBC’s upcoming 16-episode mini-series “W” in one genre. 

Featuring model-turned-actor Lee Jong-suk and actress Han Hyo-joo, “W” follows the romance that develops between a man and a woman living in two different dimensions, unknowingly “helping each other discover life’s purpose,” according to director Jung Dae-yoon at the press conference held at MBC headquarters in Sangam-dong, Seoul on Monday.

Riddled with doubts about her competence, the female protagonist Oh Yeon-joo, a doctor in her 30s played by Han, finds herself teleporting between reality and an alternate dimension, where she gets involved with the Olympic gold medalist and media mogul Kang Chul, portrayed by Lee. Created by Oh’s renowned cartoonist father, played by actor Kim Eui-sung, the fantasy world began innocently as the artist’s new project titled “W.” 

“I feel very lucky and grateful to have received (the drama’s) script,” said Han, who is returning to primetime television after a six-year hiatus. “I’ve been very drawn to this role, and often found myself treating this fantasy situation as if it were real.”

20160719000257_0.jpg

Actors Lee Jong-suk (left) and Han Hyo-joo pose for a photo at the press conference for upcoming mini-series “W” at MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18. (Yonhap)

According to Jung, “W” is unprecedented and such mixed genre has never been attempted in a Korean drama. Although this may attract viewers out of curiosity, it also comes with its own set of challenges.

“We are planning on including a recap before the start of every episode,” said Jung when asked about the possibility of viewers potentially losing interest due to the constant back-and-forth between the two dimensions. “Also the actors have been great at personifying real-life emotions that people can easily empathize with. I don’t think the audience will have a big issue following the plot.”

Additionally, given the drama’s unique narrative, there is just as much focus on the show’s visual effects as the actors’ performances, both of which lead each other to produce a cohesive product, said Jung. 

However, when “W” and KBS’ globally-beloved romance drama “Uncontrollably Fond” are set to air simultaneously, the new melodrama series may have to jump over additional hurdles to attract and retain viewers. 

“Rather than thinking of (“Uncontrollably Fond”) as our competitor, it is our priority to focus on self-development and produce the best show we can,” said Han. 

Replacing the recently-concluded series “Lucky Romance,” “W” will air on MBC every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m., starting Wednesday.

By Kim Yu-young (ivykim@heraldcorp.com)

source: http://khnews.kheraldm.com/view.php?ud=20160719000234&md=20160719135557_BL

• Like 9

tumblr_oajokab3Tz1sh32sgo1_1280.jpg

Lee Jong Suk Instagram Update 19 July 2016 with Hanhyojoo 

와.. 진짜 너무 덥다.. 와.. 진짜.. 와.. 와… 이건.. 와… 아아아아아아악 

WAH.. Really very hot.. Wah.. Really.. Wah.. Wah.. This.. Wah.., AhAhAhAhAhAhArk

• Like 11

Good morning :D 

i just finished watching the teaser .. again .. and this is what i think (until we get translations ) 

see when YJ was held caprive by the police and KC came to tlak to her when she was wearing the prison jumpsuit, he actually asked her what was her secret and she told him that he's only a webtoon /manhwa character that's why he was talking to the phone that way after he got out and questionning whether it's true or not .. then later we see a scene when he collapsed (the same black suit) and i think that's when he realised that she was speaking the truth so he decided to end his life by throwing himself off the bridge .. i think he had no idea that by doing that he'll get to cross to the real world but he did and that's when we saw him at her hospital when she was wearing the surgeon outfit surprised because he was in front of her in the real world (notice her colleague from the hospital behind him ) and i think that's when it all starts ..

what i don't understand is why the police was after her ? I thought maybe because of her dad's disappearance but then they were running after her in the webtoon not in the reality and she was asking him to help her escape in the hospital when she saved him again from that nurse poisoning him, he agreed to help her and took her in his car to the mall to dress .. where things probably happened and she fainted that's when he took her to his penthouse and then other things happened :P and probably they agreed to have dinner together ?? Because of that scene wearing that black and white dress daydreaming i'm sure it was a restaurant.. then the police gonna come again and that's why we saw her running in a kitchen in the first teaser and talking to the phone probably with his secretary because we saw her in the prison when they spoke together ?? 

Why do you guys  think ??? 

• Like 7

Cartoon hero meets doctor in new sci-fi drama

SEOUL, July 18 (Yonhap) — A 30-year-old doctor who never thought she was cut out for the job is one day drawn into one of her father’s webtoons and meets its hero — the handsome, rich, and altogether perfect Kang Chul.

That’s the romance side of “W,” the new MBC TV series scheduled to air this week. But it’s only one of many genres the drama aims to cover, according to its director Jung Dae-yoon, who claimed it’s the first of its kind for Korean TV.

“It’s the story of a man and a woman who discover their reason for existence while living in different dimensions in Seoul in 2016,” he said in a press conference where he was joined by some of the main actors, including Han Hyo-joo and Lee Jong-suk. “There’s suspense, horror, comedy and romance.”

As the story goes back and forth between reality and the virtual world inside the webtoon of the same name, “W,” Dr. Oh Yeon-joo (Han) struggles to keep Kang alive as the Olympic gold medalist and media mogul falls into one dangerous situation after another.

The two are soon inseparable, much to the dismay of Oh’s father and Kang’s creator, the cartoonist Oh Sung-moo (Kim Eui-sung).

Lee Jong-suk (L) and Han Hyo-joo pose for a photo during a press conference on their upcoming TV drama "W" at the MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18, 2016.

Lee Jong-suk (L) and Han Hyo-joo pose for a photo during a press conference on their upcoming TV drama “W” at the MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18, 2016.

“Even though the setting is a fantasy, there were moments as I acted when it felt very real,” said Han, who is appearing in her first TV series in six years. “It’s my hope and wish that our viewers will also be drawn into the setting. I’ve already fallen deep into it and it’s a lot of fun and very original.”

Both Han and Lee confessed to choosing the drama for its script.

“Any actor who had a chance to read the script would have wanted to do it,” Lee said. “I thought it was the kind of script I wouldn’t be able to come across twice, so it’s been an honor for me to shoot it.”

Han was especially careful in her selection as it was her first after a long break.

“I thought that if I were to do a drama again, I would do a dramatic one,” she said. “As soon as I received the script, it felt like my dream had come true.”

That doesn’t mean she isn’t nervous, though.

“I feel a lot of pressure. I haven’t been able to sleep for days,” the actress admitted, saying there are certain expectations that come with being an established thespian. Her most recent work was the 2016 film “Love, Lies” in which she plays a “gisaeng,” or a professional female entertainer who served famous Confucians and dignitaries during Korea’s Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910).

For Lee, who is two years Han’s junior in real life, playing a character the same age as her didn’t pose any difficulties. In fact, he credited Han with helping his acting.

“We’re filming in a comfortable and adorable way,” he said, adding that there are a lot of romantic scenes between the two. “It’s great,” he said with a sheepish grin.

Lee Jong-suk (L) and Han Hyo-joo pose for a photo during a press conference on their upcoming TV drama "W" at the MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18, 2016.

Lee Jong-suk (L) and Han Hyo-joo pose for a photo during a press conference on their upcoming TV drama “W” at the MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18, 2016.

Exchanging glances, Han added, “There are a lot of kissing scenes. It probably has the most kissing scenes out of all the dramas I’ve been in and I’m expecting it to produce the greatest kissing scene of all time.”

Kissing aside, the two actors’ acting will probably be the single largest factor that will determine the success of the show, according to Jung, the director.

“It should be easy for viewers to follow the plot if (Han and Lee) display emotions people can identify with as they go back and forth between the two worlds,” he said. “They’re both doing really well, so it shouldn’t be difficult.”

“W” premieres on Wednesday at 10 p.m. on MBC TV.

Director Jung Dae-yoon (C), Han Hyo-joo (3rd from R), Lee Jong-suk (3rd from L) and other members of the cast pose for a photo during a press conference for their upcoming TV drama "W" at the MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18, 2016.

Director Jung Dae-yoon (C), Han Hyo-joo (3rd from R), Lee Jong-suk (3rd from L) and other members of the cast pose for a photo during a press conference for their upcoming TV drama “W” at the MBC headquarters in Seoul on July 18, 2016.

source: 

http://www.koreatimesus.com/cartoon-hero-meets-doctor-in-new-sci-fi-drama/

• Like 6