[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

when i connect my ipod to the computer, it charges but it wont show up on my computer or itunes. i tried using like 3 different connectors yet nothing is working

what do i do? i need to add more songs but nothing comes up and when my sister connects her ipod it works fine and i tried using 3 different computers but still nothing will work! help!

OMG.. that happen to me too!

It just wouldn't show up on itune so i can't sync new songs to it!

I can add and delete song on itune, but it doesn't update on my ipod!

My mom borrow my ipod, then after she return it...

its like that!! <_<

Someone please help! :tears:

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LitoYammy

My mom borrow my ipod, then after she return it...

its like that!! <_<

Someone please help! :tears:

The first time this happened to me, I plugged in the USB in a different part of my computer. If you usually plug it into the front, try plugging it into the back. The second time this happened to me, I had to take out all the other USB connections (printer, mouse, keyboard) one at a time to see which one wasn't cooperating. I found out that it was my printer so I just unplug my printer when I need to sync my iPod now. Kind of annoying but I don't know any other way to fix it. ):

Guest SophiaSan

omg I've been researching how to do this! And I downloaded some programs, but they didn't work!

so here is the question!!

I have a iTOUCh so basically how do I transfer my songs from my iTOUCH to my computer?

Thanks!

I've got that problem too. But lucky, when I plug my ipod in, the computer recognise it as a USB harddrive instead of itune.

What I do is, open the itune and wiggle the ipod (while still connected to the USB drive) and wait for itune to recognise it as a ipod.

And it works every time.

Alternatively, reset your ipod and re-load all your songs again.

umm. i recently got a new laptop +

i want to save my songs from my ipod touch and transfer them onto my laptop.

i don`t buy songs from itunes and

if i attach my touch to my new laptop, all the songs on my touch will erase.

but i want to still have the songs on my touch AND add more songs from my new laptop.

.. is this possible?!

Guest kookoo

I recently water damaged my ipod, and it wouldnt turn on.

Before i got the chance to look anything up on the web, i tried turning it on more than a few times,

so i dont know if it shorted out or whatever.

so i've tried the rice method and just about all other methods that i was able to find,

and it's still not turning on,

but when i connect the ipod to the computer, itunes automatically turns on. (the device itself doesnt, though)

but itunes doesnt recognize the device.

does this mean the ipod is still......save-able?

thank you :(

omg I've been researching how to do this! And I downloaded some programs, but they didn't work!

so here is the question!!

I have a iTOUCh so basically how do I transfer my songs from my iTOUCH to my computer?

Thanks!

umm. i recently got a new laptop +

i want to save my songs from my ipod touch and transfer them onto my laptop.

i don`t buy songs from itunes and

if i attach my touch to my new laptop, all the songs on my touch will erase.

but i want to still have the songs on my touch AND add more songs from my new laptop.

.. is this possible?!

You guys can try a program called iDump.

it works wonders. (:

Guest libby96

I'm trying to play a song on my 80 GB classic, but it doesn't play. It plays on itunes though. Any ideas?

this is late, but to help anybody who has the same problem,

just right click on the song, and go to 'create AAC version'.

delete the bad song, and it should work.

well, it worked for me... ^^

Guest KiBUm_Love

ALL OF THE SONGS, as well as videos and photos were ALL deleted off of my iPod.

all i did was plug my ipod into thecomputer :x

this has never happened before, and i have my iPod on manuall update..

i'm really like.. about to die right now because my iPod had alllooooott of songs that i've collected over the years x_x

does anyone know how to get them back?

heres a more accurate descriptionof what happened.

so i pluged in my ipod. everything was fine, then i ejected it because it finished chargingin but asi was about to pull it out of the usb, it connected to the computer again by itself and then the bar (the one that tells you how much space is filled up with music, videos, etc) which initially took up about 30 gigs of songs and 30 gigs for vids all turned to 60 gigs of "other" and then i started to freak out and then the 60 gigs of "other" started to diminish and holy crap i'm hyperventillating right now. someone please helppppp!!

Guest jalx3

so im planning to buy an ipod touch.

and im gonna buy one at costco for $214?

around there. and im wondering how much the

tax is for you guys. is it a lot?

Guest underneathHERskin

After my ipod goes into sleep mode (not shut off mode), when I try to turn the screen back on using the top power button, it doesn't work. It only works if I press the home button. I restarted it once cause it froze, and I couldn't even turn it back on using the top button. The only way it would turn back on was if I plugged it in to charge. It's so annoying.

Basically, the top button only works to shut off the screen, it doesn't work to turn it back on. So I have to use the home button. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest Baybe3

help please my ipod touch wont charge at all i think the battery died kuz it wont turn on and it just shows on the screen the little red light with the lightening bolt i cant seem to charge it all?

does anyone know how to fix this?

Guest TOPforever

i sleep with my ipod and when i wake up im like on top of it lol. do you think this is bad for my ipod? XD

Guest hushed_secrets

haha; im a newbie with ipods so help me with my lame question pleasee. x.x

can you download music from 4shared to your ipod, just like you can download ringtones from 4shared to your cell phone?

because ive heard some of my friends talking about how they did that, but when i searched it up online, you apparently cant do that...

& i don't really want to pay $98459899084393490843 just so i can listen to songs on a palm size music player ><

please pm me; looking for some answers~

Guest HighSkies

haha; im a newbie with ipods so help me with my lame question pleasee. x.x

can you download music from 4shared to your ipod, just like you can download ringtones from 4shared to your cell phone?

because ive heard some of my friends talking about how they did that, but when i searched it up online, you apparently cant do that...

& i don't really want to pay $98459899084393490843 just so i can listen to songs on a palm size music player ><

please pm me; looking for some answers~

Um, do you just mean mp3s downloaded of the internet in general? Because of course you can do that, including from 4shared. As long as its a playable file fomat (mp3, AAC,wav? etc) then it will work.

Have I really just misunderstood something here?

On the itunes website it says that you can buy an iphone 3G with 8gb memory only. However on ebay I see tons of 3G (not 3G S but specifically 3G) which have 16gb memory like this one. Can anyone clarify how that can be right please? I'm so confused. :sweatingbullets: I want to upgrade to an iphone with 16gb from my ipod touch with 8gb because I'm seriously beginning to run out of space but the 3G S is a bit pricey for me right now. :3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xlemonpie

hi :)

umm i have a problem.

so, i downloaded the FT Island "I Hope" album and it plays on my iTunes fine.

BUT, when i sync it to my iPod, the song shows up but doesn't play. The songs in that album get skipped around.

Like, it suddenly goes playing 1/12 to 2/12 to 3/12, etc every second or even less. It doesn't even play the song either. Like I don't think the iPod recognizes it o____o?? It's really annoying, and I've gone and downloaded 3 more of the album from different sites, but the same problem occurs.......T__T and "I Hope" is my favorite song and I can't even listen to it now, unless I watch the MV -_- PLEASE, any help would be appreciated!!!!

btw, I have an iPod Classic 80gig if it's of any relevance. T____T

P.S. I even restored the iPod to factory settings and reuploaded all of the songs, but I still have the same problem. Is the file/album corrupted? If so, why does it play fine on my iTunes, but not on my iPod???? >______<

Guest teukiie

^ Oh man! That happened to me before when I tried to put "Diva" by After School, didnt play on my iPod. Haha I have a 80GB Black classic too! Try converting that song to AAC version in iTunes & delete the one that doesnt work (:

Anyway, my question is...

Is there something I can download which shows which songs aren't in a playlist?

My total number of songs dont tally with the total number of songs in my playlists... (& I think I suffer from OCD :o)

How do ya'll organize your songs? :\

Guest xlemonpie

^ Oh man! That happened to me before when I tried to put "Diva" by After School, didnt play on my iPod. Haha I have a 80GB Black classic too! Try converting that song to AAC version in iTunes & delete the one that doesnt work (:

Anyway, my question is...

Is there something I can download which shows which songs aren't in a playlist?

My total number of songs dont tally with the total number of songs in my playlists... (& I think I suffer from OCD :o)

How do ya'll organize your songs? :\

ahh thanks for the advice! i'll try that xD

haha i had to restore my "corrupted" ipod 2x today -_-

hmm, i'm not sure if u can tell which songs aren't in a playlist =/

but, maybe u have a song under multiple playlists? i'm ocd about my music too >.<

i personally organize my playlists according to music language.. english, korean, japanese, chinese, etc. i also have a playlist for classical music. and then i just have a "to go" playlist for my favorite songs

and then sometimes i have a playlist just for an OST. like, i have a boys over flowers playlist

EDIT// THANK U SO MUCH!!!! making an AAC version fixed the problem ^_^

Archived