[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest Kei1512

Heh... ipod newbie here.

I got a 5th Gen ipod Nano...aaaaaaaand I was wondering HOW do I upload the videos from the ipod??

..Umm.. I got Windows, no mac here.

Use iTunes - you can easily download the programme off the Apple website. After installing it, plug in your iPod to your PC, and open iTunes (it'd either open automatically or you have to open it manually). It will detect your iPod. Click it, and it will open tabs (MUSIC, VIDEO, etc etc).

Just drag the video of your choice under the tab.

.avi doesn't work on iPods though, so you will have to convert before you drag it.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest B L o T T - ii

i just recently got an ipod touch (3rd generation). the problem is, when i put chinese songs into my ipod through itunes, the chinese characters do not display. instead, it comes up with these weird computer symbols. Even when i change the language on my ipod to chinese, the song names don't display chinese characters. why is this and how do i fix it? Thankyou in advance to whoever can answer this!

oh - the chinese song name displays as those symbols on itunes too

Can anyone tell me why my iPod nano is clearing all of it's music? o_o"

I always choose to manually sync the songs on myself so that nothing happens when I plug my iPod into other computers.

However, as of late (after downloading the latest iTunes) my iPod suddenly clears all of its music when connected onto my own computer, with a message saying that the songs cannot be synced, it happened 3 times this week and I didn't even touch my iPod or iTunes when it happened... it just happened.

P.S My iPod also disconnects itself from the computer when this happens.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me :)

Guest Kei1512

i just recently got an ipod touch (3rd generation). the problem is, when i put chinese songs into my ipod through itunes, the chinese characters do not display. instead, it comes up with these weird computer symbols. Even when i change the language on my ipod to chinese, the song names don't display chinese characters. why is this and how do i fix it? Thankyou in advance to whoever can answer this!

Go to iTunes and edit the song information - retype the Chinese characters into the song information, it should work. Some of the songs that I've downloaded have funny symbols eg %#43~ etc but I've realised it's because of the different Unicode used to write the characters. If you edit it by yourself onto the iTunes it should be fine.

was your computer always able to view and type chinese characters?

mine never comes up as symbols.. only questions marks until i edit the files and type it myself or copy and paste.

Guest krnangel2012

^ yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the file that is the problem.

I had a Korean song with the lyrics that came with the file.

It appeared like weird symbols on both my iTouch and computer.. but the title was in Korean.

I'm guessing you downloaded from a certain website, try a different place?

Guest teukiie

Taeho!: Sorry for the late reply. How about you try not manually managing your iPod, like, uncheck that. Then sync again. Because I just tick the first & last boxes on my iTunes & I dont have any problems with it :\

Guest iHoodie

Hi, i've had my ipod touch (2g but i updated ithe firmware) for around 7 months now, it's been fine till now and nothing's really wrong but my Youtube app is kinda stuffed up like, for every video i choose, it keeps saying no comments when i know there are actually comments posted on the video? It just sorta happened today, not sure what's wrong...

How do i fix this problem?

Taeho!: Sorry for the late reply. How about you try not manually managing your iPod, like, uncheck that. Then sync again. Because I just tick the first & last boxes on my iTunes & I dont have any problems with it :\

I'll be sure to do that again once my iPod deletes it's music again, as of now I don't wanna stuff anything up on purpose .. just in case P:

Man I've left it like that for 3 years and this has never happened before -_-" really annoying.

Guest amyoii

I have 2 of questions

1. I want to delete some music from my computer but eventually it will be deleted from my iPod as well. Can someone show me how to do this and keep the music in my iPod at the same time? :D

2. I want to transfer music on iTunes from another computer but it won't let me unless I delete the music from my old iTune library. How can I transfer music from different iTunes without having to delete music from my old iTune library?

I hope this make sense to you guys. Please show me a simple way to do this without having to download/install a third party solfware or something like that :D Thanks in advance.

^

To my understanding, the reason your iPod deletes the music that you have deleted from your iTunes library is because you "sync" your iTunes to your iPod.

If you look above to my previous post, maybe uncheck the "Sync only checked songs" box to keep songs on your iPod whilst still being able to delete from your library. This should also allow you to put your iPod into another computer without deleting music in the iPod.

Your second question confuses me a little bit.

Do you want to transfer music from another computers iTunes library into your iPod? Or do you want to transfer music from iTunes library into another iTunes library? If the former, please read my first advice :).

Guest teukiie

^ Hey! So did my advice help? Does your iPod still delete your music?

amyoli: Regarding your first question, if you delete music off your computer which is already in your iTunes, it's okay because it's already in your iPod (if you've already synced it). Bad news is that you cant play it on your computer. Plus, if you ever change computers & want that song/s, you have to re-download it again. To your second question, why dont you just copy the mp3 into your computer? :S

Guest deverish

@Kei1512: I think Every~Verse is talking about transferring the recorded video from the 5th gen nano onto the PC.

@B L o T T - ii: I'm guessing you've been able to see chinese characters on your computer normally. Maybe itunes just doesn't recognize the character font used? If you've never been able to see chinese characters on your comp then I think you'll have to set it up to be able to see it, not too sure.

@amyoii: Do what Taeho! said. Check the "Manually manage music and videos" option in itunes when your ipod is plugged in. This means you have to manually drag and drop media files from your itunes library into your ipod library, no more automatic library updates from itunes to your ipod. This should answer both your first and second question.

^ Hey! So did my advice help? Does your iPod still delete your music?

Well, so far my iPod hasn't deleted itself and I haven't tried your advice yet.

I was yet to mention that I sometimes plug my iPod in before I even turn my comp on, because I tend to do things whilst my computer is starting up. Doing so now I believe causes my iPod to delete itself as well.

I think it's just a sign I need the new nano ahha

Guest teukiie

hey everyone. now i have a question.

My songs rated themselves 5 stars when I havent, & when I click "Rating -> None", it doesnt go off my Top Rated playlist & it remains 5 stars. Plus, the stars are empty, not full.

57303991-1efbf68c8be47eebfc6344b3ea695836.4b4fbe81-scaled.jpg

Please help! Im downloading the latest iTunes now though. Hope it'll help! :X

Edit:

Does anyone know any places where I can download HQ/HD mp4 (for iPod/iPhone) videos? :>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lalapotpot14

is anyone here from the Philippines?

i think i'll be replacing my Touch with a new one since there i have some problems with it (lock button unresponsive). how long will i get the new Touch after returning to to Apple store? will they replace it right away on that day?

Archived