[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

For Ipod Touches, Phones

Remember to keep your original files in the original places and not move them or your Itune will not be able to locate them and when you press sync, the files will not appear on your Ipod.

EG.

Itunes finds file in S:Music, if you move songs out to a different place, your itune will not sync it and it will be deleted from your ipod touch/phone

In macs it doesn't matter, and if it the setting is on manual, the files shouldn't delete itself. :]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question.

i have a 4gb 3rd generation nano...

and i had up to720 songs on there... and ihavent moved my music files or anything and suddenly it deleted close to a hundred songs from my ipod saying i dont have anymore room for them. can anyone explain this?

Guest hell0jenn

Whenever I plug in my iPod, this window pops up:

2m6q4uu.png

I don't remember when it started, but I haven't found anything really helpful within the first 20 pages of the thread.

& I've also tried reinstalling iTunes a few times last month, but I still get the same problem.

Also tried removing all the Apple program sI had and reinstalling them again too.

Help, anyone? :\

Does anyone know how I can move my Itunes library into a USB drive? I tend to use many different computers and I want to be able to access my Itunes library & upload songs on different computers....if that make any sense to you guys. Can someone do a step by step tutorial of how I can do this? Thanks in advance!!

Guest missie_ko_ko

OMG HELP!!!!

I TRIED RESETTING MY IPOD TOUCH AND NOW IT WON'T TURN ON...

THE ONLY THING THAT POPS UP IS THAT PAGE WITH THE APPLE.

EITHER THEN THAT IT DOESN'T GO TO ITS ORIGINAL PAGE..

I'M SO SCARED I MIGHT HAVE MESSED IT UP.

PLEASE HELP

Guest wereturtle

Can anyone recommend earbud headphones that are similar to the ones that come with ipods?

I've tried looking on Amazon but the reviews are so contradicting

also alot of reviews refer to the ipod earbuds as horrible,

I thought they were fine so I don't think I should buy an expensive pair but at the same time I'm suspicious of the cheap earbuds.

Does anyone know how I can move my Itunes library into a USB drive? I tend to use many different computers and I want to be able to access my Itunes library & upload songs on different computers....if that make any sense to you guys. Can someone do a step by step tutorial of how I can do this? Thanks in advance!!

1. Connect your Ipod to your PC.

2. Open the Ipod (via my computer).

3. Click the organize tab> Properties> uncheck hidden

4. Open the Ipod Control folder > Open music folder

5. Copy the contents of the folder (F00, F01, etc.) onto a folder on your desktop > USB

make such you go to properties and make the copied folders unhidden.

you can then transfer them to you library through the import folder option.

Guest Dorkiilove

Just curious, but what do you guys use to keep your screen safe and the back scratch-free?

I just my new iTouch today, and I'd like it to keep it shinyyy :]

I was playing around with my iPod Touch and all the icons started to shake plus all of them had that "x" in the right corner.

How did I do that?

I have been trying to delete this page that I accidentally saved to the home screen and finally deleted it because the icons shook.

And how can we save images from the internet onto the iPod touch so it goes into "Photos"?

I was playing around with my iPod Touch and all the icons started to shake plus all of them had that "x" in the right corner.

How did I do that?

I have been trying to delete this page that I accidentally saved to the home screen and finally deleted it because the icons shook.

Hold your finger on an icon and it'll shake and give you the option to delete apps.

Guest krnangel2012

How did I do that?

And how can we save images from the internet onto the iPod touch so it goes into "Photos"?

When you hold down on an icon, all of them start to shake. This allows you to move and delete your apps.

To move them around, just drag.. to move them to another page, drag it across the page. You'll get the hang of it really soon (:

To delete, simply just tap the X.

To save images from the internet, just tap and hold down on the picture.. then it should pop out and say Save Picture or something like that. it's super easy (:

Hold your finger on an icon and it'll shake and give you the option to delete apps.

When you hold down on an icon, all of them start to shake. This allows you to move and delete your apps.

To move them around, just drag.. to move them to another page, drag it across the page. You'll get the hang of it really soon (:

To delete, simply just tap the X.

To save images from the internet, just tap and hold down on the picture.. then it should pop out and say Save Picture or something like that. it's super easy (:

Thanks a lot you guys. I've always had to connect the ipod to my computer to delete apps..what a hassle XD

Guest albasian

=___= I am having a dilemma.

Lately I haven't been adding photos to my iTouch (3G, 32gb) but I recently decided to put some on. I have a bunch of apps, and I didn't think that adding photos would really affect anything. When i added the folder of folders though, itunes automatically began deleting all my apps >:000. I checked in the Apps tab, and all my apps were checked off, so they shouldn't be be deleting..

And today I decided to add another batch of photos, and my apps began to delete again. So right now, I'm reinstally my apps =___= (All my apps stayed in iTunes, just not in my iPod O_O)

Help is appreciated.

Guest Kwak Jini

So..

1. I own an iPod Nano [4th Gen.]

2. I downloaded // bought two TV Shows yesterday from the iTunes store. They worked + synced fine.

3. Today, I downloaded // bought two more shows. Again, from iTunes.

4. However, this time, when I tried to sync them into my iPod, I got a message that they couldn't be copied because they couldn't be played on my iPod.

I can't seem to figure out this problem... ^^"

Also, if you know an answer to this, that's be great! I'm just curious about this one.

1. Like I said, two shows were bought // downloaded yesterday.

2. When I tried to sync it, it just carried on as if those two files didn't exist.

3. It wasn't in my iPod, so I tried again and again and again. Still, nothing.

4. I browsed around the internet for an answer, and I found it: Switch the files from Movie // TV Show to "Music Video".

5. Of course, I tried it and it worked.

Why does it work like on "Music Video" and not the setting it really is supposed to be on?

Guest Every~Verse

Heh... ipod newbie here.

I got a 5th Gen ipod Nano...aaaaaaaand I was wondering HOW do I upload the videos from the ipod??

..Umm.. I got Windows, no mac here.

Guest Saki>^.^<

I just received an ipod touch for Christmas and have been looking around for a good set of headphones with a mic (preferably earbuds). Does anyone know of a good, durable pair with decent sound quality?

Also, I was thinking of getting one of these tumbtack mics to plug into my ipod touch and using bluetooth headphones at the same time so I can use programs like skype. Has anyone tried if this is possible or not?

Archived