[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest Supremacy

To the people asking why the camera on nano and not touch, i think it's because they want to raise sales for the nano. Around where i live, everyone was like getting an itouch and barely anyone got the nano and i think the nano sales were going down so they put speakers and camera on nano to give buyers more incentive to buy the nano. They know that even without the camera, the touch will still have buyers. So putting the camera on the nano will insure that the nano line doesnt get discontinued. Besides, if you really want a camera on the touch, might as well as go and get an iphone.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest !annaaA.

my ipod ran out of memory a while ago,

so i'm needing a new one.

i was wondering, if i get a new ipod, will i be able to transfer all my songs on itunes onto the new ipod ?

sorry if this is a dumb question hahh...

Guest ohmylamb.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

My iPod Nano is stuck.

I attached it to the laptop and then the iTunes programme wasn't responding so does it too!

Now it says 'Synchronizing - Do not disconnect'.

It has been from just now.

& it's brand new (bought it in June)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

My iPod Nano is stuck.

I attached it to the laptop and then the iTunes programme wasn't responding so does it too!

Now it says 'Synchronizing - Do not disconnect'.

It has been from just now.

& it's brand new (bought it in June)

have you already tried holding the center button along with the menu button?

it should reset the nano

Guest l♥velyLily

I can't put artwork onto my iPod Nano unless I have an iTunes account. :/

And when I do try and make an iTunes account, they want me to put a credit card number. How do I get around that?

Guest rightkindofblues

You can also get an iTunes giftcard and enter that so you don't have to use a credit card!

But that's weird you can't put on album artwork :/

I can't put artwork onto my iPod Nano unless I have an iTunes account. :/

And when I do try and make an iTunes account, they want me to put a credit card number. How do I get around that?

How to create an iTunes account without a Credit Card (or a Gift Card) - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

I think it's a bit sad Apple has to create a workaround this little issue. You have to buy a free app? What a fluke.

Guest yuri9do0

id if this question has been asked before.. but okay. lol

SO i have and ipod video 30gb (5th genration i believe).. its the ipod that came right before the ipod classic

my ipod plays 320 kbps music files fine...

however, my friend, who has the 3rd generation(?) ipod nano (the ones that look like little ipod classics), her ipod cat play some of the 320 kbps... some of them will play, but some of them wont.. all of the music plays fine on her itunes tho..

but whats weird is that all the songs that dont work on her ipod works fine on my ipod.. my ipod never has had a problem with playing 320 kbps music.

another friend of mine with the same ipod nano is also experiencing the same problem with some of her music that are 320 kbps..

can anyone explain why the old ipod can play these files and the new ipod cant?

or is it a problem just that generation of nanos have?

if its a problem that all new ipod have then... i may ahve to stick to my old ipod forever..

and i see that people are saying to convert the music files to acc files... but i dont want to do that cuz i have a nice folder of organzied songs and i dont wanna go through it and ugh.. idk lol

id if this question has been asked before.. but okay. lol

SO i have and ipod video 30gb (5th genration i believe).. its the ipod that came right before the ipod classic

my ipod plays 320 kbps music files fine...

however, my friend, who has the 3rd generation(?) ipod nano (the ones that look like little ipod classics), her ipod cat play some of the 320 kbps... some of them will play, but some of them wont.. all of the music plays fine on her itunes tho..

but whats weird is that all the songs that dont work on her ipod works fine on my ipod.. my ipod never has had a problem with playing 320 kbps music.

another friend of mine with the same ipod nano is also experiencing the same problem with some of her music that are 320 kbps..

can anyone explain why the old ipod can play these files and the new ipod cant?

or is it a problem just that generation of nanos have?

if its a problem that all new ipod have then... i may ahve to stick to my old ipod forever..

and i see that people are saying to convert the music files to acc files... but i dont want to do that cuz i have a nice folder of organzied songs and i dont wanna go through it and ugh.. idk lol

Pretty weird. I would restore her Nano then. Essentially wipe everything out and reload all the songs.

Just to be sure, they're all MP3 320kbps with NO DRM? If so, try restoring it.

Guest yuri9do0

Pretty weird. I would restore her Nano then. Essentially wipe everything out and reload all the songs.

Just to be sure, they're all MP3 320kbps with NO DRM? If so, try restoring it.

ya theyre mp3 files with no drm

i think other people are having similar problem as this.. and they said they restored their ipod but it was still doing the same thing, so im figuring that my friends ipod would be the same way...

im just confused why my ipod doesnt have these problems that other people are having...

ya theyre mp3 files with no drm

i think other people are having similar problem as this.. and they said they restored their ipod but it was still doing the same thing, so im figuring that my friends ipod would be the same way...

im just confused why my ipod doesnt have these problems that other people are having...

I mean I've seen this countless of times with the iPod Classic or any iPod with a HDD. Usually the HDD starts to go bad and they won't play back certain songs because they sit in a certain bad sector of the HDD.But with Nano's, since they use flash, I haven't seen this issue pop up before.

I would still have her try to restore it, doesn't hurt to try unless she has music on there she can't get back.

Guest yuri9do0

I mean I've seen this countless of times with the iPod Classic or any iPod with a HDD. Usually the HDD starts to go bad and they won't play back certain songs because they sit in a certain bad sector of the HDD.But with Nano's, since they use flash, I haven't seen this issue pop up before.

I would still have her try to restore it, doesn't hurt to try unless she has music on there she can't get back.

what's hdd?

what's hdd?

HDD = Hard Drive.

Nanos use Flash memory so they don't have any moving parts inside. HDD's tend to go bad if you move them a lot. Like a drop, or constantly jogging with an iPod Classic in an armband.

Guest yuri9do0

HDD = Hard Drive.

Nanos use Flash memory so they don't have any moving parts inside. HDD's tend to go bad if you move them a lot. Like a drop, or constantly jogging with an iPod Classic in an armband.

oh i see.. and im guessing then that the older ipods dont use a hard drive?

Guest STEPHOO--

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but here goes...

I've got a 1st gen ipod touch. There are some songs that play fine on itunes, but when I put it onto my touch .. it just doesn't play.

Like, it would have the album artwork and stuff, but no sound and the idontknowwhatthebarthingiscalled doesn't move.

It only happens with certain songs.

...and if it matters, i dl-ed these particular songs off 4shared. And it seems to only happen to songs on this particular album. (4minute's latest one)

Yeah, has anyone had this happen? Any tips on how to fix it? o_o

Guest yuri9do0

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but here goes...

I've got a 1st gen ipod touch. There are some songs that play fine on itunes, but when I put it onto my touch .. it just doesn't play.

Like, it would have the album artwork and stuff, but no sound and the idontknowwhatthebarthingiscalled doesn't move.

It only happens with certain songs.

...and if it matters, i dl-ed these particular songs off 4shared. And it seems to only happen to songs on this particular album. (4minute's latest one)

Yeah, has anyone had this happen? Any tips on how to fix it? o_o

were your songs 320 kb?

cuz i know most of the time, these kind of problems occur with 320 kbps files...

Archived