[Drama 2016] Entourage Korea 안투라지 코리아

moonkittey

On 12/11/2016 at 3:24 PM, fanofher said:

Over 60% of Young Bin's screen time is spent either whining in a bed or whining on a sofa : \

55% of this drama is coma inducing and could've been cut (mostly anything involving Young Bin). 

Everyone says Ari stole the show in the U.S version of Entourage, that should've told the writer something right there. I honestly feel that remakes should always strive to be better than the original,and a few tweaks here or there could've easily made this version of Entourage very good. 

1. Make us sympathize for Young Bin. Show us about one minute of his childhood and him declaring his desire to be a top star and we would've been all about him. 

2. Make Young Bin work for his goals. He wants to be an actor but I've only seen him eating and sitting and complaining and wanting some girl. Everyone else wants him to have a career a lot more than he does. His side friends are working harder at their goals than he is. (I don't care what the original Entourage guy did. This is a remake, they should undo all the things that made the original show not that great.)

3. Make Eun Gab the main character. His fall and rise as a businessman is much more interesting than watching Young Bin for most of the show. Heck, watching him with his family is better!

4. Show us Joey Jung doing some actual work as well. She wants to be a manager, but it's like the script mentioned it once then they forgot it. (She's mostly been a chauffeur. There's a whole lot of driving scenes in this freaking drama). 

5. Realize that you're writing for an Asian audience rather than an American one. Characters need to be striving toward something. Slice of Life isn't really gonna cut it for them in a drama like this. It sure as heck isn't working that well for me. And lots of main character sins are forgivable as long as he's had a tragic past, is a hard worker, or has some quality to make you love th

Young Bin is the Villainous second lead who wrecks the first lead's life. Our OTP is Eun Gab and Cup Noodles with Young Bin getting in the way and Joey Jung being the Never-going-to-happen-but-periodically-wise third wheel. 

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, shae said:

Young Bin is the Villainous second lead who wrecks the first lead's life. Our OTP is Eun Gab and Cup Noodles with Young Bin getting in the way and Joey Jung being the Never-going-to-happen-but-periodically-wise third wheel. 

@Shaeyou have got a point, this drama is not about Young Bin .

I must say is neither about Eun Gab,or about the life of a movie star or the actor's manager in a world of wolves;

It is about entourage, meaning connections that are made or breakup in a friendship group,
 the friends with who someone spends his life, it is about common goals, it is about the altruism or selfishness of one or another of the friends, it is about how the life lead them from side to side like a boat on the waves and how each fighting for its goal also helps the others to succeed, ..or not , and this is how they live, and this is how they are! each determine other's personality and  future .

This is a subject so vast that it can not be summarized in 16 episodes, because the risk is to appear unfinished or rather wasted.
Myself, I live with the impression the series only now begins, while it's almost ended.

About  Young Bin , he is not no yhe bad guy here, no good guy either, He is a rookie actor who looks good, and all agencies are struggling to use this looking good to earn money before disappearing ... nobody cares if he is good actor or not.

This until  he managed to offend Madame Jo ...
it was malicious what  Ms Jo said to Young Bin, especially as she never have said it if he had continued to play in her movie,
but perfectly true, he didn't know how to act but not because  he is  an actor without talent but he has no experience,

Acting is a profession and must be learned, nobody is born good actor but no one says that to Young Bin.
I hope to see in future episodes like this motivated  Young Bin to take acting lessons and not to quit acting!! 

Sorry , I really like Young Bin character!

OMG she perfectly put it: I make movies for a living. Movies are important to me. Its my job. Everyone involed is important, too. You do movies just to meet actresses. You go movies so that you can sleep with them, like with An So Hee. But should I tell you the real reason why I dont want to work with you? I never work with actors who cant act. You cant act. You're a bad actor.

I wait for so long for someone put it into words. Young Bin is a spoiler ungrateful brat

I can't believe one of Young Bin's lines was "It's hard for me to just sit still and wait." I was like pshhh! That's all you've been doing since episode 1, letting other people fight for your career instead. Once again, another amazing episode. (Still think that lady who plays Lee El is stiff as a board. What else has she been on, is she always like that :\  ). I feel so bad for Eun Gab, hopefully he'll find some amazing actor to sign on because I think this is pretty much it for Young Bin unless he starts over from the bottom and rebuilds his image. (I don't like Turtle. When he and Kwang Soo's character are together it's like two Kwang Soo's and there's only so much of that I can take : [  Don't particularly like him on his own either, he's just not my cup of tea, then having a female character on that acted similar to him actually made it feel like someone was rubbing sand paper along my nerves). That said, I can't wait for next weeks episodes. 

9 hours ago, Chi Le said:

OMG she perfectly put it: I make movies for a living. Movies are important to me. Its my job. Everyone involed is important, too. You do movies just to meet actresses. You go movies so that you can sleep with them, like with An So Hee. But should I tell you the real reason why I dont want to work with you? I never work with actors who cant act. You cant act. You're a bad actor.

I wait for so long for someone put it into words. Young Bin is a spoiler ungrateful brat

Well, I fully understand her since it must be hard to work with actors who acts like divas BUT here she's only taking her frustration all out on Young Bin and I can't agree with that. What Young Bin did with War terminator was, of course, really unprofessionnal but Eun Gap went as far as to find her a new actor, he did it to clean the mess Young Bin has done, it's not like they couldn't do the movie because of Young Bin.

So I understand that she's still upset and don't trust him anymore but he tried to gain her trust again and she's just so obsessed to stand in his way:

-He tried to meet her to apologize BUT all she did was to avoid him.

-He did cameo in her other movie though it seems he's a popular actor and do only leading role in movies. BUT it was for nothing since she asked for the scenes to be cut.

And when she said the real reason is because she doesn't work with actors who can't act, that he's a bad actor THEN why was she so willing to give him the lead role in War terminator??? Plus, his acting for this minor role was great (I'd love to see Kang Joon taking a role like this in real).

Even though I find Young Bin annoying acting like a spoiled brat, I can't agree with Ms Jo either.

And it's true that it seems like during all the drama all Young Bin did was to wait for Eun Gap and Ho Jin to clean his mess but we can't blame him since everytime there is a problem Eun Gap and Ho Jin didn't let him know. Though I like that things are slowly starting to change now. And the fact he acts like a diva is because he didn't know about all the trouble Eun Gap and Ho Jin went through to make things work for him. (Of course, we, the viewers, who know everything wants to slap him)

Yes, I was frustrated at the end of ep 14, it felt like he only tried half way, but it's because he doesn't know that Eun Gap went as far as to beg Ms Kang to get this meeting with Ms Jo. Young Bin may be annoying but he isn't stupid and is, above all, loyal, if he knew about what Eun Gap did, I'm sure he will have tried harder.

I still can't relate to Young Bin and I don't like his character but he's defenitely not the vilain of the drama. At least when you try to analyse the situations you can understand that you can't blame him for everything.

Like Carmen said, it feels more like an introduction than an actual drama, I'm really wondering how they will wrap all this with only 2 episodes left. Will Young Bin finally be able to act in a movie at the end of the drama? But that's right, the drama isn't about him to succeed but about their relations and I really like that all the characters are slowly changing.

I didn't see that coming...Ho Jin quitting... for me the character that really had the most development throughout this drama was HJ. I felt that he has really grown in confidence as a manager especially in the last 2 episodes and I have been rooting for him all along.

There are no villains or heroes in this drama for me. Everyone has their flaws ( and good points). But I really do love Mr Kim and HJ in particular. They are constantly juggling everyone's feelings and emotions, I feel their stress and I get so excited every time something goes their way. 

Just watched the latest episodes, and this show is definitely a slow burn that is worth the wait. Youngbin finally get a reality check because of his bratty attitude and Ms. Jo blacklisting him in his face, but I have to commend his persistence on getting what he wanted in the last episode though. Also, I think Hojin finally had enough with him because all this time he watched his and Eun Gab's effort go to waste when Youngbin was wishy washy, although, the timing of Hojin "snapping" wasn't good, since this time Youngbin do receive some harsh feedback from Ms. Jo, not petty reasons from his side like the previous projects.

I understand him, I understand Youngbin and strangely I understand how Ms. Jo felt too. Past experience can influence someone's decision, and if what she said about working with actors were true, then she must have put up with some poop a lot. I think she has given many chances to Youngbin, she just didn't want to be disappointed again, but I have to agree though, I didn't find the reason "Youngbin can't act!" believable. It must be because she resented how unprofessional Youngbin was, she said those harsh words completely to cut him off her movies as an actor, so Youngbin wouldn't beg anything to her again.

Also, I love how the show gave some light to Cha Joon~ his career is starting to take off, even though he has to start at variety show. And his banter with Jooyeon is cute, hehehe...the way they kiss is also strangely cute to me. I'm just hoping Joon and Jooyeon's relationship weren't just another way to make fun of Joon, it would be so cruel if it does.

And I love how the show included the llama joke for Joy, hahahaa...f(x) Amber is known to resemble a llama and this makes it funnier XD XD XD I also felt sorry for her for giving into the drinking senior pressure...but Eun Gab is definitely cool for defending his employee!

Now that I'm satisfied that Youngbin got his punishment, I can't wait to see how this will turn out next week.

I just don't get what's inside  Young Bin head! 

He must have expected that he would get treated this way since he is the one who cancelled his role in War Terminator.

He should admitted that it is true that he wanted to act in it cause of So Hee.  That's so childish and obnoxious of him expecting that everyone wanted to work with him.

He said earlier that he will beg and plead to Ms Jo to get the role. But once he getting a bit of flak, he get upset and didn't fight over his career.

Also I was a bit surprised that Ho Jin and Eun Gab treated Lee El like that. That's downright unprofessional and very contradicting the image that they have so far in these 14 episode.

All in all there's a lot of flaw regarding plot wise and character building in this show. There's no surprise really that this show got bad rating. But the BTS of Korean entertainment industry got me very much hooked that i can ignore all the shortcoming that's in this show lol.

Also Ji An and Joy Jung is very cute :)

wow, amazing drama!!
I'm so glad I chose to watch it , I enjoyed it to the very end, also I'm so excited it was a happy ending.

And all was happened like this :
I looked at the five struggling about something ( sometimes in vain) trying to figure out
about who is this story about Young Bin, about Ho Jin, about Eun Gab, about two inseparable Joon and Turtle? I waited all the time for something special to happen,  something imporatnt and when I realised the show is about to ended,  I had the impression that it is unfinished and the  story is just to beginning, as Young Bin has done nothing the whole movie as Joon and  Turtle had too much space into the movie but they're not main characters but in the end I realized that this was an amazing story and show about the life itself as it is ...
and  I realized it was about me and how I manage to live, that I feel this show that way, as nothing happened till The end :
 I always waited for something special  to happen in life for consider it a really worthwhile life, and somehow, later, one realize he has lived the whole life waiting for something that did not happen and life goes on beside him and he missed other important things because of this .. so it was with this drama, too, I watched and seemed like nothing was happening until the end but at the end it turned on a great one !

I started watching this drama for Seo Kang-Joon mainly, I thought at first that he is  in there the main character,

Even if it was not like this I liked the character of Cha Young Bin the most , I heard rumors that Kang-joon  was not very happy with the show and that he regrets being accepted this character.

I'd really sorry to be true, I hope it is just a rumor and Seo Kang Joon be convinced of the great job he did until the end !!!
like  all of them actually!!
Bravoo !!   applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991    applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991    applause-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948991  for the entire crew!!  party-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949005

Just watched the last two episodes, and I think everything wrapped up too easy...but it's quite understandable since they packed like what, five to six seasons of the original show into 16 episodes? Still though...I feel sorry for the cast. This drama can be really good if only Youngbin weren't written as an insufferable character. I mean, it's okay for like two or three episodes, but Youngbin technically is still a brat until the end, and he got the role in "Lim Hwa Su" based on sheer luck. And Cha Joon too, it's like everything in the world is turning their back on him once he becomes a little bit happier, what an unlucky character. :( The ones who truly steals the show are Eun Gab, Hojin and Jung Joy for me. I'd like to count Ji Ahn too, but sadly, after Hojin and she got together, her role has been minimized to just "Hojin's girlfriend", when I believe she can be more than that if her character is developed more. 

But still, Entourage isn't the worst of the worst dramas in my list. I enjoy the bromance and Hojin's growth as a manager, also Eun Gab x Joy, hehehee...I live for their interaction!! The way it was shot is also beautiful, although I kinda felt some one long-shot are unnecessary, but eh, if it looks good, that's the least of my complain.

Thank you for the team that had worked hard to make this drama happened, and thank you for the members here for giving their opinion and updates about the drama, hehehee...you guys rock!!

Archived