[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, romanticwriter said:

I prefer the picture '' Du Zi Feng, however others may prefer the sexy

Yeah I think if we keep the Du Zi Feng photo, people who came from the Bromance thread won't feel lost when they see this thread.  :)

17 hours ago, romanticwriter said:

I loved this video. Baron attentive with children and then some pictures with various animals. It made me admire him even more ...

I love it too. It's a rare side of Baron that we get to see. Thank you for posting it @romanticwriter

The picture I posted yesterday was from a Chinese site that named Baron as one of the 100 handsome actors of Taiwan.  Meanwhile, I got this photo from a Japanese blog. She introduced Baron to her readers as one of the handsome Taiwanese actors, along with the F4 members and those from the group Fahrenheit. It's nice to know that they also see him the way we do.  :wub:

photo credit: odai/matome/naver

tRKLlvM.jpg

20 hours ago, pechumori said:

Thanks for the video @romanticwriter  :)

Yes, Fighting!!!! No matter how busy, I must try and post here daily....A Baron a day, keeps the blues away.  :D

Gals, can I ask you something....would it be better to have this photo on the first post of our thread?  ;) (or is it too sexy?) photo credit: sohu

or shall I keep the Du Zifeng picture?

I prefer the Du Zi Feng one. Only because it's more current. :)

Just want to share a link to Baron's ET interview that @MayL shared on the Bromance thread : 

And of course, I just had to take screenies of my fave parts : 

25368664944_7ce4f140a1_z.jpg

25368692674_7d4bf15e06_z.jpg

:wub:

@literatelush and @romanticwriter, thank you so much for the updates.  I got caught up with the press con pictures of the drama thread I'm handling. it's 1 am, so let me catch some sleep and i'll try and make it up to you all later.

I think Baron can help me show my gratitude for you gals (credit: baidu baron chen)  :heart:

bxN4xUM.gif

On 24/03/2016 at 2:18 PM, pechumori said:

I think Baron can help me show my gratitude for you gals (credit: baidu baron chen) 

:) So cute!

:heart:River is so expressive!!!

Credit video: Yuuni Y Youtube / Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOvXaJk2YsF3BpRq_oE-Kxg

On 24/03/2016 at 2:18 PM, pechumori said:

so let me catch some sleep and i'll try and make it up to you all later.

:)Be okay, to post news about Baron. :D

9 hours ago, romanticwriter said:

River is so expressive!!!

Yeah and those eyes. They zoomed in when they were close and I got a chance to see his long eyelashes. No wonder his eyes are so attractive. Thank you for the video @romanticwriter. That will next on my viewing list. He looks so good with long hair.  ;)

@literatelush, thank you for your opinion about the Du Zifeng photo. 

Latest pics from the recent news about Baron....what do you prefer as our nickname for him in this thread..Baron, River, Chu he..just one name, so that it wouldn't be confusing. :)

1961129.jpg&sl=W&fw=750&exp=3600

1961128.jpg&sl=W&fw=750&exp=3600

1961130.jpg&sl=W&fw=750&exp=3600

Spoiler

1961133.jpg&sl=W&fw=750&exp=3600

1961136.jpg&sl=W&fw=750&exp=3600

1961134.jpg&sl=W&fw=750&exp=3600

credit: udn.com

On 3/23/2016 at 10:44 PM, ruiqi0512 said:

http://udn.com/news/story/7260/1583262

About to become crazy!

1. Spent so much time translating this.

2. Look at what River has to say about Megan!

-MY TRANSLATION-

After the DuPi relationship, River says: Megan has a special place in my heart.

Taiwanese drama "Bromance" has finished airing for a month, but the main actors Megan Lai and River Chen's DuPi relationship still make the fans question if they are in love in real life. During the recent fan meet, the fans asked River Chen, "Can you fall in love with Megan Lai?" Do you think the two of them have chemistry? River recently accepted an interview from us and finally reiterated the importance of Megan Lai to him and says that "She has a special place in my heart." We believe that this news has made fans even more interested about them.

River Chen is known as a "young master" (shao ye). Alongside his special family background, he gives out a charming aura that normal artistes do not have. He has starred in "Fated to Love You" which has had one of the best audience ratings, other films such as "Kung Fu Dunk" with Jay Chou, television series such as "Liu Xing Hu Die Jian", "My Daughter" and "The Magic Blade" in China. After 5 years, he has finally returned to Taiwan to film "Bromance", as Du Zi Feng, as a whole different character.

In the drama, his bravery and domineering attitude has made many fans fall in love with him. In addition, he has Kung Fu skills, a 4D personality and his adorable-ness that make his fans go wild. His fans also nickname him "Chu Chu" and "Kung Fu young master".
While acting in Bromance, he has used his Kung Fu skills. He says that in the first three days of filming Bromance, the scene of the luxury cruise, he was the only person who did not need medicine for seasickness. This is because he has previously filmed on a ship for 2 months straight, making him accustomed to the experience.
On the first day, they filmed the scene where he slept on the same bed as Megan Lai. He says "Everyone feels that the scene has many "feels", but in actual fact, he and Megan were actually extremely nervous to the extent that their minds were blank at some moments.

As we start to mention Megan Lai, he thinks that he can never ever communicate properly with a female. He says that "In the past, I didn't know that Megan actually acknowledged me as her friend. After filming, I realised that she has a special place in my heart." After this confession, the fans are probably going to be very excited.
In his previous shows, he usually gives off an unfriendly aura, but it has changed in the recent years. He says "The crew has to have very good communication while filming. In the past, I rarely communicate with the crew because I did not know that it was so important to do so. Now I have learnt that it is essential to lighten the mood especially in the Behind The Scenes, so that it is not so stressful for the crew during filming. Once someone is afraid of you and your personality, they will probably not be able to communicate with you earnestly and it will be your own loss."

In "Xu! News", he filmed a section where he read out Bromance lines in the "Zhu Ge Liang" and Jacky Wu accents, and acted as a pregnant lady in labour. He had absolutely no limits! He is such a funny actor, which is why he is adored by so many of his fans. For more updates about River Chen, be sure to stay tuned to "Xu! News".

-----------------------

*click the link at the top for pictures!

@ruiqi0512, thank you so much for translating the article. I posted it here, because it says a lot about how his personality has changed over the years.

2 hours ago, pechumori said:

what do you prefer as our nickname for him in this thread..Baron, River, Chu he..just one name, so that it wouldn't be confusing. :)

Let's call him River since he prefers it that way, he signs autograph as River, no? :P

If I remember right, the only one time he used the name Baron Chen was on the credit of his first movie Kung Fu Dunk several years ago. Actually, by the time he was doing SE Asia promotional tours with Jay Chou for that movie, the MC already called him River during press conference.

His second movie Treasure Hunter also listed his name as River Chen on its credit, but I guess, because TH wasn't as popular as KFD internationally, those English websites still write his name as Baron. :)

Just now, pechumori said:

." After this confession, the fans are probably going to be very excited.

:heart: It is impossible not to stay, they have a special chemistry. We stayed here sighing so that they are or get together in real life, for the general happiness of the '' nation ''. Thanks for the effort @ruiqi0512 @pechumori

@catrisa :)Welcome, glad you join us!

On 23/03/2016 at 4:44 AM, literatelush said:

And because I can't get enough of Baron today

@literatelush We never get tired of him. As can be so charming that? Thank you for sharing!

Just now, pechumori said:

That will next on my viewing list. He looks so good with long hair.  ;)

Long hair is a charm more.

:thumbsup:Have a great day everyone!

5 hours ago, pechumori said:

Yeah and those eyes. They zoomed in when they were close and I got a chance to see his long eyelashes. No wonder his eyes are so attractive. Thank you for the video @romanticwriter. That will next on my viewing list. He looks so good with long hair.  ;)

@literatelush, thank you for your opinion about the Du Zifeng photo. 

Latest pics from the recent news about Baron....what do you prefer as our nickname for him in this thread..Baron, River, Chu he..just one name, so that it wouldn't be confusing. :)

credit: udn.com

His eyes are definitely his best facial feature. They are round, and very expressive. :wub:

I am used to calling him Baron as that is his international name (I think.) But I think River suits him more. :)

I so, so want to watch Bad Romantic (艾乐乐的罗曼蒂克). Like, soooo bad! 

It's such a tease too because a YT member has uploaded full episodes like this one: 

I don't mind the quality... but I do mind that there is no English sub. :(

I've seen that particular episode, and it's like River's character and the female lead are forced into marriage by their families. It appears they're pretending to be in a relationship. 

*sigh*. I would buy an original DVD of it as long as its got English subs. That's how desperate I am. LOL.

Here are some stills and promo material for Bad Romantic :

25959224751_a6bcc2f6b1_z.jpg

25423104413_7cc8c6c859_z.jpg

25752771710_17531b0058.jpg

He looks great wearing this pink/peach coat. I wish I could find a close up! Other guys would look feminine wearing this color but not River. He is as manly as ever!

One of the reasons why I want to see Bad Romantic : (Warning: Not for minors, or those easily offended by mature scenes)

Spoiler

26025610685_f57cdbf8b1.jpg

Hope I didn't offend anyone! And that I don't get in trouble with the Mods for posting it. :sweatingbullets:

So there. I want to watch Bad Romantic. Because I've seen an episode and think Baron acted extremely well in it.

Among other things. :P

3 hours ago, catrisa said:

Let's call him River since he prefers it that way, he signs autograph as River, no?

34 minutes ago, literatelush said:

I am used to calling him Baron as that is his international name (I think.) But I think River suits him more

Thank you for the reply gals. It's settled then, from henceforth, we shall call him River in this thread. Baron, being his screen name was used in "Bromance", I think it's enough that we used it in the first few pages. Now it's time we start calling him by the name he prefers to be called.  :)

Hello  @catrisa thank you for joining us. :D

His eyes are definitely his best facial feature. They are round, and very expressive. 

Yeah, big eyelids, long eyelashes..he has it all. Quite rare to have those kind of eyes for an Asian. I wonder if he has foreign blood. And yes they are very expressive. He can convey his feelings with just his eyes alone.  :wub:

So that's "Bad Romantic". I read your comment about it at the "Bromance" thread. Thank you for posting the pictures. I will try and search for that as well.

@romanticwriter @pechumori Thanks for your warm welcome! :D

4 hours ago, pechumori said:

Thank you for the reply gals. It's settled then, from henceforth, we shall call him River in this thread. Baron, being his screen name was used in "Bromance", I think it's enough that we used it in the first few pages. Now it's time we start calling him by the name he prefers to be called.  :)

Ah I think River is his official English name now, I just check back on Bromance thread and JenL said she bought the Sanlih Awards issue of SPOP (Jan issue) and they put his English name down as River. His official agency page (http://www.hbstars.com/stars/chenchuhe.html) also puts his name as River.

@literatelush @pechumori Agree with you about those eyes! :wub: But surprisingly, I remember when he was asked long time ago which part of his body he likes the most, he said it was his hands! (ok, I do love his hand gestures too :P)

4 hours ago, literatelush said:

I don't mind the quality... but I do mind that there is no English sub. :(

*sigh*. I would buy an original DVD of it as long as its got English subs. That's how desperate I am. LOL.

I can feel you! I wish all River's Chinese dramas could get English subbed. :sweatingbullets: So far, only his Taiwanese dramas got subbed. There's a "River-cut" edition of Bad Romantic that his Chinese fan share online, so I plan to download that edited version to watch only his scenes as I don't understand most of the story without sub anyway (and yeah, looking forward to that bed scene! lol) :P

4 hours ago, literatelush said:

He looks great wearing this pink/peach coat. I wish I could find a close up! Other guys would look feminine wearing this color but not River. He is as manly as ever!

Yes! he looks great in pink and he wears it quite often that his fans asked him on chat room and he replied in English that actually he doesn't like pink, he prefers blue, red is his favorite color, but he can't wear red. Well, I saw him wear red sometimes too and he looked just fine, not sure why he said he couldn't wear red. ^_^

6 hours ago, catrisa said:

I can feel you! I wish all River's Chinese dramas could get English subbed. :sweatingbullets: So far, only his Taiwanese dramas got subbed. There's a "River-cut" edition of Bad Romantic that his Chinese fan share online, so I plan to download that edited version to watch only his scenes as I don't understand most of the story without sub anyway (and yeah, looking forward to that bed scene! lol) :P

Can you pls share the link for the "river cut" edition of bad romantic? Thanks

7 hours ago, catrisa said:

Agree with you about those eyes! :wub: But surprisingly, I remember when he was asked long time ago which part of his body he likes the most, he said it was his hands! (ok, I do love his hand gestures too :P)

7 hours ago, catrisa said:

Yes! he looks great in pink and he wears it quite often that his fans asked him on chat room and he replied in English that actually he doesn't like pink, he prefers blue, red is his favorite color, but he can't wear red. Well, I saw him wear red sometimes too and he looked just fine, not sure why he said he couldn't wear red. 

@catrisa, thank you for sharing this information. As a new fan, aside from seeing his pictures and watching his past dramas and movies, it is also interesting to know some trivia about him, since you learn more about River as a person and not as an actor. Please post more of what you have read about him from other sites.  :D

The latest update about River's upcoming show, "Extraordinary Partner" (aka "Race Around the World")

The show will be aired on April 8, 2016 at 10 pm at Jiangsu Satellite TV. River's partner is Pan Xiaoting who according to Wikipedia is "the first-ever female professional pool player from China to play full-time on the Women's Professional Billiard Association (WPBA) tour"

33_160304162315_1.jpg

source: http://www.yyfensi.com/201603/20544.html

Photo update

12376620_1727574640851764_45238583368752

12439464_1727676977508197_86976284931009

photos: credit as tagged via 陳楚河。楚楚動人。國際後援會

3 hours ago, sunnygirl said:

Can you pls share the link for the "river cut" edition of bad romantic? Thanks

Here's the link to the first episode, then you can click on the far right button above the video, you will see all 35 episode links.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3308817/

Spoiler

I'm not sure if I can post the direct download links on forum, let me know if you want to download the videos, I'll pm you :) 

@pechumori Thank you too for creating this thread and sharing his lovely pics and videos! :D I guess he's in Japan now, eh? Looking forward to this reality show, I'll watch it for River and Leon :wub: Also, feel excited for the next Bromance fan meeting, I hope they announce soon where will be the next stop!

Btw, I found this on his official Facebook fan page (I think it's official since it's the only fan page he follows on FB :P )

10373805_1060830573960012_18667238295251

@pechumori Thank you too for creating this thread and sharing his lovely pics and videos! :D I guess he's in Japan now, eh? Looking forward to this reality show, I'll watch it for River and Leon :wub: Also, feel excited for the next Bromance fan meeting, I hope they announce soon where will be the next stop!

You're welcome @catrisa. I'm so happy that no matter how small our group is, the thread is very much alive through your interactions. Thank you so much gals. :D

Btw, I found this on his official Facebook fan page (I think it's official since it's the only fan page he follows on FB

Thank you for posting the announcement.  Please join the Birthday project if you can.

Posting the translation of River's recent video

1 hour ago, ruiqi0512 said:

As requested by a friend, translations for recent River video.

-Baron Chen's quick Q&A session translation-

Q: Everyday when you look in the mirror, what do you first say to yourself?
Baron (B): What do I say?
Reporter (R): Yup.
B: I have to shave again...

Q: Which part of your body do you think is the most attractive?
B: My hands.

Caption: Really looks smooth and soft (referring to his hands)

Q: Which scene in Bromance do you think you look the most suave in?
B: Because there's alot of scars (still talking about his hands)
B: Huh?
R: *repeats question because Baron was too busy showing of his beautiful hands*
B: Every scene.

Q: When you woke up today, what was the first thing you did?
B: The first thing I did when I woke up today was to... put on my clothes.

Q: Who was your most recent LINE message addressed to?
B: Mm... I haven't used that in a while.
R: You haven't used it in a while?
B: To the gym, I think. To take a day off.
R: You don't say things like "What are you doing?" or tell the person what you're doing? Nothing at all? 
B: Nah.
R: Then how do you be in a relationship?
B: Because I use WeChat...
*-.-*

Q: What do you think is the best feature of Megan Lai?
B: "Mei You" Nothing.
(notice his hands while he receives and answers this question, and compare it to the other questions)
*scene cuts to EP11 (I think) of Bromance...
Pi Ya Nuo: If you're like this, I'll be very very disappointed...
Caption: I'll make you pay for what you said!!

Q: Bii, Sean, Johnny and Edison. If you have to choose someone to act in a BL drama with you, who would you choose?
Caption: *Choose me! Choose me!*
R: You have to kiss him, and there's a bed scene.
B: Uhh, I'll quit the drama.
R: What about Bii?
B: Huh?
R: Bii.
B: That's what you want for yourself!

Q: What type of girls do you like?
B: Dumb. But smart.
(Megan Lai, Megan Lai, MEGAN LAI! I gotta say it thrice because it's important)

Q: In what situation would you be really angry?
B: In what situation... umm... if I don't score at least 80 points.

Q: Have you been in a fight before?
B: Yeah.
R: Why?
B: No particular reason, just because when you need to fight, you need to fight.
Caption: Don't learn from him, kids!

Q: What do you think is the most awkward thing that you've done?
B: Singing.
R: So can you sing a song for us?
B: Aaaaaaaahhh~~~~~
R: We want it to be serious! XD
Caption: Be serious!! (in Taiwanese)
B: *sings a kid song about tigers*
B: Gah, forget it.
Caption: awkward...........
B: I feel so........ NEXT QUESTION!

Q: Do you think you're a sweet guy?
B: Uhh... *coughs*
B: Sort of. (direct translation he says "Sauna sweet guy" which I have no idea what that means, could be nice if anyone can clarify."

Q: What's the sweetest thing that you've done?
B: ......... Sleeping topless with my girlfriend.

Q: What do the fans do that make you touched?
B: Fans? I'm touched by everything the fans do.
Caption: So earnest.

This is as requested by Marie Love Marie Yuan Cheng

@ruiqi0512 Thank you once again for taking the time to translate this interview for us.  :D

I know I'm not supposed to quote images but this is a different thread from Bromance where it was originally posted, and it is the accompanying video, so I hope the mods won't reprimand me. :sweatingbullets:

Archived