[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城

sugarplum892

@IMOmusings  I so agree with you Gu Man is an amazing writer I just loved her creation of Shan Shan and I haven't seen Silent Separation yet but now that you mentioned it I will!  I love the tenderness in which she not only chooses each word but it's her timing that I find so perfect.  Those characters she creates that are so well defined and so easy to love & relate too...

1 hour ago, IMOmusings said:

@wishing I shouldn't think it'll be too much of a big thing since no previews have ever shown it. The others at least have shown how spoilt brats and nerd boy fits in, this new deviation is a bit random. Although, as long as the spoilt brats have a falling out, it shouldn't be too bad. =/ thinking about it, I think pixie girl only truly realises on her birthday...which is really sad (also might explain the sad WW&XN hug in the previews?)

I agree with u pointing out this new deviation, but I guess it's needed if the story has to be adapted in a drama and it's still Gu Man who made the script so hopefully it'll still be faithful to its core. Yes, fallout for the silver spooned kids, puhleeeeaase~~ Haha.. If it happens on her birthday, hopefully it can still be salvaged to not be so bad. That'd really suck for her.

I'm cool with the OTP going through challenges together as long as they don't separate. Man, their sadness during the Couples PK fail was truly heartbreaking to see. I'd rather they be each other's pillar of strength (and cheese, heh) from spoiled rich kids than separate because of noble idiocy. Bring it on! :heart:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, raasyndrome said:

waa it's been ages since i last log on soompi

this thread makes me want to write something here XD

XN and WW's fluffiness literally killing me.. hope the raw would came up very soon. i can't wait..

the butterflies still hanging around my stomach :rolleyes:

Welcome, @raasyndrome!! :D Just go ahead and write~~ Feel free to express your words of adoration for such fluffy stuff. :lol: 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

But what I loved was his glance while watching her read across the room for some reason it's those looks he gives her most of all when hiding that to me are the most moving.  

WW's nature is pure with kindness & caring for not only her friends but even those she doesn't know.  It's how she plays the game and it's how she lives her life.  Which I believe perked XN's interest even before he knew who she in fact was.  

Pretty much SPOT ON, these. :D A very good summary of the leads' personalities and it doesn't hurt at all that they're perfect for each other. :wub:

• Like 2

@USAFarmgirl Silent Separation...isn't everyone's cup of tea xD I know I had HUGE issues trying to watch it the first time @_@ definitely have a go. I would love to see what you think about how the three compare xD 

One way of seeing it is Wei Wei having the childishness of Shan Shan but the patience of Zhao Mosheng and the unique wit/brains of Wei Wei (as someone earlier pointed out).

Xiao Nai on the other hand...I would say is just a milder version of Feng Teng rather than having any similarities to He Yichen. Lichen was an idiot IMO LOL. Albeit...a devoted idiot...

@wishing Well I'm only thinking it's her birthday because WW goes to her with a cake before she throws it to the floor....at least we know things get resolved before graduation so it shouldn't be that long, since they've just had the send-off basketball game.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

No truer words my friend ^.^

If we were to compare the three Gu Man novels that have been adapted:

- Shan Shan is a naive love that needs a firm guiding hand
- Silent Separation is an emotional love that endures the ages and
- Wei Wei's Alluring Smile is a love that stems from the purest of emotions and intentions with no suspicions or mistrust ^.^

Each is representative of the characters written and stereotypical of a modern love. 

@IMOmusings Goodness, I have yet to meet Feng Teng. Rawr~ Hahahah.. Wonder what stereotype relationship is in Blazing Sunlight. Heard it's still unfinished.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wishing said:

@IMOmusings Goodness, I have yet to meet Feng Teng. Rawr~ Hahahah.. Wonder what stereotype relationship is in Blazing Sunlight. Heard it's still unfinished.

Honestly, Blazing Sunlight might be my least favorite Gu Man novel. At least, from where I currently am. I dislike novels with even a hint of love triangle. Not that I'm saying it's not pretty clear who the end game is going to be. I just dislike that feeling of wondering if the heroine's going to get over her college crush.

It's pretty funny but the heroine's kind of like Mosheng and the college crush is this version's He Yichen (not character-wise but plot-wise) and if it were Silent Separation, I'd be praying she'd never get over him . This time around though, knowing which way the bacon falls makes me dislike the appearance of the college crush. Can anyone who's caught up let me know how it's going? Is Book 2 out yet?

• Like 2

On 2016/8/26 at 7:40 AM, purpose said:

why the drama is so cheesy. i remember when i read the novel i didn't think it is cheesy. only i found XN is smooth af :lol:

just curious, anyone know about the rating of this drama? is it has good rating or popular in china?

This Drama  has more than 2 billion views on the Chinese video siteYouku !just now

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, wishing said:

@evie2016 Yes. Weekends only have 3. Two in a day then the other day is just one ep. 

Oh, I see. Thanks. I guess I'm just greedy and want to see more of our OTP. :lol:

Found another preview clip that has both episode 13 and 14.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qme5b_微微一笑很倾城第13-14集-预告-信息有微微一笑很傾城1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-集完整版_fun

• Like 4

I'm currently watching ep 11 in YT. CG plans to buy something for WW from Michael Kors?! Well, gotta say his taste is not too shabby.. But he's already the loser before he even began. Poor dude~ NOT! :P Not really worried, WW is not guilty of anything but being with XN.. Ayeeee~~ cheeeezy :wub:

• Like 5

I just finished today's eps as I wasn't able to live stream earlier on~

Okay, I love how XN and WW are like "officially" a campus couple now and GOD I WAS SCREAMING THE ENTIRE TWO EPS CAUSE OF HOW CUTE THEY ARE??!?!! I bet I'm not the only one. :heart:

Seriously though, XN is the ideal boyfriend, like omg. He has eyes for only WW and you can see how in love he is omg. Though I feel a bit of awkwardness between them still (I think it's just me idk,,), but I'm sure in future eps they will become much closer and closer!!

But I'm a bit worried though, like will something disrupt their relationship..? Since in most dramas this usually happens to the leading couple.. I didn't read the novel so I'm not too sure about this story. 

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow's ep! :blush:

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Just watched Episode 11 and 12 raws. Subs when? :bawling:

ZS's doing a great job as WW so far. As for YY, well let's just say NH was made for him.

where you watch it? YT channel just have 11 episodes :dissapointed_relieved:

as for ZS she improved a lot from her last drama :heart::heart:

• Like 4