[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Love O2O 微微一笑很倾城

sugarplum892

Coming to this forum after reading the comments at BOD (the self declared Yang Yang, ops Xiao Nai's fan club site:D).... makes me wanna rewatch the drama, with better English sub, of course :D

Any recommendation?

Didnt realise the drama is 4 years old ... 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:19 PM, realistic2280a said:

Any recommendation?

Most similar to this I think would be Gank Your Heart, gaming (esport in this case)/romance, the otp are less perfect and they go through bit of misunderstanding in the beginning though. If you like mmo and Yang Yang, maybe King's Avatar, there's no romance, only team camaraderie though.

On light hearted romance, modern drama I'd rec Put Your Head on My Shoulders, bit slice of life-ish but the otp is rather quirky and adorable. Historical probably the Romance of Tiger and Rose, the romance is main point of the show, with fair amount of meta/writing jokes and commentary on gender roles here and there.

Far more removed but I want to throw it out there in case it's your cup of tea, you can try realistic down to earth ensemble high school drama My Huckleberry Friends, more focus on friendship and growing up than romance though. Then there's a fun adventure historical drama featuring lots of plot twists with a fantastic cast Young Blood, and areally charming historical drama Joy of Life which focuses on imperalism clashing with modern ideals. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skibbies said:

Most similar to this I think would be Gank Your Heart, gaming (esport in this case)/romance, the otp are less perfect and they go through bit of misunderstanding in the beginning though. If you like mmo and Yang Yang, maybe King's Avatar, there's no romance, only team camaraderie though.

On light hearted romance, modern drama I'd rec Put Your Head on My Shoulders, bit slice of life-ish but the otp is rather quirky and adorable. Historical probably the Romance of Tiger and Rose, the romance is main point of the show, with fair amount of meta/writing jokes and commentary on gender roles here and there.

Far more removed but I want to throw it out there in case it's your cup of tea, you can try realistic down to earth ensemble high school drama My Huckleberry Friends, more focus on friendship and growing up than romance though. Then there's a fun adventure historical drama featuring lots of plot twists with a fantastic cast Young Blood, and areally charming historical drama Joy of Life which focuses on imperalism clashing with modern ideals. 

Thanks for recommendations :wub:

Ive watched romance of tiger and rose and it had hilarious dialogues, i thought. ... so too, Put your head on my shoulder -cute... also the Joy of Life, but i think the latter has 2 seasons? 

I like romance drama i guess - currently watching and chasing You're My Destiny... i know the story, watched the taiwanese and korean versions, so i wanna see how the Chinese version hold. So far (at ep20), i feel female lead is too meek :D

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the drama with whatever sub there is... good thing, i can fwd the parts that i dont like, ie the guy who has a crush on WW... so it was faster for me to finish the episodes, haha... 

After the end of watching the drama again, have been binge looking for the leads news updates (didnt knklow they knew eac other in Divas in the Road, and collobrated 3 months after the end of the show in Love 020)...  Good to know that Yang2 sent birthday message to ZS last year, in his short hair! ZS always does look so fragile. I hope all the best for her...

Will they really act in another drama? Fingers crossed and i hope it will be a modern drama and Yang2 true self will be shown, funny and happy ...  and not so calculative like XN B)

• 1 month later...

Hi! Can anyone tell me the title of the music from the movie (not drama)?

The scene was:

After Yi Xiao Nai He defeated Zhen Shui Wu Xiang, he asked Lu Wei Wei Wei joined him at Sunset Peak (00:39:40). As they conversed, a beautiful pianoforte plays in the background (00:40:22 until 00:41:22). I tried Shazam too but it couldn't show any result. I've been searching desperately but to no avail. Can anyone kindly help me please?

Thank you~

• 6 months later...

In all honesty, for me.. Love 020 has a better storyline than You Are My Glory, at least we understood the games and can relate to it..... and not  just see people playing games (for the whole 15 episodes of it) and not understanding all the actions put on it :crazy: 

YAMG being a Tencent production, wanting people to get hookup on gaming, at least its good that Chinese authorities are stopping teen addiction to such games...

Its a shame about what happened to ZS, but Love 020 will definately be a beloved China drama series for many years to come..:D

I still listen to two engaging songs from the drama .. haha

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 9:42 PM, realistic2280a said:

In all honesty, for me.. Love 020 has a better storyline than You Are My Glory, at least we understood the games and can relate to it..... and not  just see people playing games (for the whole 15 episodes of it) and not understanding all the actions put on it :crazy: 

YAMG being a Tencent production, wanting people to get hookup on gaming, at least its good that Chinese authorities are stopping teen addiction to such games...

Its a shame about what happened to ZS, but Love 020 will definately be a beloved China drama series for many years to come..:D

I still listen to two engaging songs from the drama .. haha

Well, I have to agree to that. Love O2O has a better storyline than YAMG.

I have always complained about some epis where you don't see any actual interaction between the leads at all. Or the interaction is very minimal. I did love the novel though and that is why I love YAMG. The novel sort of filled up the blanks for me.

As for Love O2O, while the story was basically smooth sailing, I was not happy with the acting of the female lead. That's all I will say about it. 

21 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

Well, I have to agree to that. Love O2O has a better storyline than YAMG.

I have always complained about some epis where you don't see any actual interaction between the leads at all. Or the interaction is very minimal. I did love the novel though and that is why I love YAMG. The novel sort of filled up the blanks for me.

As for Love O2O, while the story was basically smooth sailing, I was not happy with the acting of the female lead. That's all I will say about it. 

Haha... yes i read about it... and im not sure why she was so skinny back then too.....

Im just annoyed that the game playing took more hours than necessary... yes the bonus is, we see Yang Yang more often, but it comes to a point that it was literally draining and useless... i dont come and watch a drama to see them play games... (why im not a football fan, haha)... i need a proper plot, clever dialogues, and smart leads... sigh... 

10 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Haha... yes i read about it... and im not sure why she was so skinny back then too.....

Im just annoyed that the game playing took more hours than necessary... yes the bonus is, we see Yang Yang more often, but it comes to a point that it was literally draining and useless... i dont come and watch a drama to see them play games... (why im not a football fan, haha)... i need a proper plot, clever dialogues, and smart leads... sigh... 

I actually did not mind the game playing in YAMG...it was Yang Yang's space unit that I found terribly dragging.

Forgive me Yang Yang and fans!!!

Hehehe! I have been a fan of Yang Yang since Love O2O though I view him objectively not obsessively. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:43 AM, ElleSor said:

I actually did not mind the game playing in YAMG...it was Yang Yang's space unit that I found terribly dragging.

Forgive me Yang Yang and fans!!!

Hehehe! I have been a fan of Yang Yang since Love O2O though I view him objectively not obsessively. 

Haha...probably by that time i was already forwarding much of the drama i didnt feel/noticed the drag... haha....

i wouldnt call myself a fan; just doesnt mind watching his drama as i did find that he was stiff in Love 020 but his face made up for it i guess:lol:

• LOL 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know right? He's really quite attractive.

He was a bit stiff in this drama but I'm thinking it had to do with the role.

I found his acting fine in King's Avatar.

I loved his chemistry with DD in YAMG.

Love O2O is the first drama I saw him in and I was hooked.

• 11 months later...

is the series worth finishing? i've watched 15 eps + read recaps of future eps and it seems it starts going downhill, becoming kinda old school suddenly when the talk of marriage/kids apparently comes into play. as someone who doesn't share that old timey view, will i even like the rest?

18 hours ago, itsmeash said:

is the series worth finishing? i've watched 15 eps + read recaps of future eps and it seems it starts going downhill, becoming kinda old school suddenly when the talk of marriage/kids apparently comes into play. as someone who doesn't share that old timey view, will i even like the rest?

I think it's worth finishing just so you'll know how it ends.

I understand that the drama is a bit "too good to be true" in the sense that there is no real conflict between the leads. 

I still liked it in spite of this. 

• 1 month later...