[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

53 minutes ago, MaknaeC said:

Agree! Moreover since one of the strongest points in Bogum and Yoojung's acting is their eyes. They're so good to convey their feelings only through their eyes, their eyes speak volumes more than anything. Also their gestures. So, even without dialogue and touch, they're able to draw the viewers into their world.

Yes, so true. It seems like more than just being great at acting, they seem comfortable with each other. They seem to genially like each other when you look at their interviews, especially the one from today.

I just want to ship them so much! (/≧ω\)

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, daynci said:

whats the relationship between the three guys?

If you mean CP, KYS and KBY, than they are childhood friends. Something though happened between CP and KYS, 'cause you get the cold winds when they talk. And KBY seem to be a bit on his toes towards KYS.

And from the way the politicians act you get the feeling that CP and KYS are in opposition to the thrown.

And in ep. 5's preview we get a question mark of the sincerity of CP and KBY's friendship.

KYS is the grandson to the Prime Minister, by the way. KBY we don't know so much about yet.

• Like 7

I agree with @MaknaeC  I think their acting style is similar that's already a plus and both are chemistry fairies, like most I will always remember Yoo Jung with Yeo Jin Goo, Bo Gum with Hyeri. It just happens to be this time they are spending more time with their partners and they must be taking this seriously to meet expectations  so their chemistry is captivating. I had already figured OTP power would grab viewers heart but it exceeded my expectations :wub:  

Tbh I wanted this pair ever since I've seen this crossover FMV  lol I'm luckiest person here :D 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, MaknaeC said:

Agree! Moreover since one of the strongest points in Bogum and Yoojung's acting is their eyes. They're so good to convey their feelings only through their eyes, their eyes speak volumes more than anything. Also their gestures. So, even without dialogue and touch, they're able to draw the viewers into their world.

@MaknaeC Thanks so much for the entertainment weekingly translate! KYJ and PBG so cute and perfect match OTP ever! I really hope that Moonlight Drawn By Clouds rating will hit  30 % for sure if they can keep their standard until the end. :D

I agee with the acting through eye. It is the keypoint here. One important factor for Moonlight Drawn By Clouds is they have KYJ and PBG! They are young but their acting skill is so professional. Their non-skinship....their body language is deep in details. Their stare tell us everything in CP and Raon mind. This is amazing and I'm so thankful that we have them. I know that KYJ have this great acting skill so long. Although, this is the first PBG drama that I watch. But, I fall in love with PBG since the first episode. So much in love with OTP! The intense romantic emotion between CP and Raon is the thing that everyong looking for. No need to touch...since their eye communication doing more than the touch already.:wub:

BTW, I still remember that my favorite Moon the embrace the sun couple is KYJ and YJG. I love how a young couple communicate to each other though their eye and body language. I cry with them a lots. KYJ-YJG couple still being one of my favorite in Kdrama world. I'm fan of KYJ from that drama until now.

• Like 17

Interesting historical tidbit here... Yi Yeong the Crown Prince's direct grandfather was Yi San King Jeongjo who was said by some to have been one of the most visionary and successful rulers of Joseon. King Jeongjo-Yi san was the son of Prince Sado the prince who died in a rice box as ordered by his father King Yeongjo.

Here Yi Yeong the Crown Prince went to consult teacher Dasan -Jung Yak Yong a venerable scholar who was an adviser of his grandfather Yi San the King Jeongo.

It was also mentioned that Dasan may have known Ra On's grandfather. So it seems that teacher Dasan may play a very important role here. 

• Like 19

9 hours ago, Jillia said:

Welcome @chocolatewaffle! :D

First of all MDBC is not a traditional sageuk but a fusion sageuk, meaning it takes historical characters AND fictional characters and creates its own story which can have parts of the history in it as well. It's based on a web novel which was pretty popular and can be found HERE. :)

Real sageuks tend to be longer than 20 episodes or in MDBC's case 18.

Plotwise it's about Hong Ra On who since she was a child was forced by her mother to dress as a boy. Why? We don't know yet. In the beginning she gives men advice on love but also travels around with a group of dancers and musicians who for example make fun of the weak king and the "poop" prince Lee Yeong. Her involvement with the love counselling leads her to meet Lee Yeong and they kinda become friends. She doesn't know he's the crown prince and he doesn't know she is a girl. He only knows her as Hong Sam Nom.

She's forced to enter the exams to become a eunuch at the palace and there the story takes off.

It was described as a romantic comedy but when you start watching it you will see this drama balances nicely between comedy and emotional scenes. The acting is top-notch and so is the production.

Thank you @Jillia for a nice synopsis and @iamia for your spoiler and everyone for the analysis <3

I didn't really know that there are traditional and fusion sageuk, I thought historical is just historical genre :sweatingbullets:, need to do my research soon. Since you were talking about RO's family, I'm now so curious :flushed: our RaOn's.... birth secret :huh:. The drama is getting so interesting to me because at the moment there are so many things I can't tell (if it's just a normal modern drama, you can tell who's the angel who's the evil, who will end up with who, who will go to jail etc... but here it seems erm blurry). I hope her birth secret can bring her closer to Young :tears:

One more day to meet our OTP and my favourite Eunuch Jang :heart::wub:

And I hope they release the new OST (Gummy) sooon!! I really like the BMG of the dance scene so I tried to convert it into mp3. Here's the link for anyone who likes it (or who can't wait before the full version released like me). :w00t:

And now I'm off to bed :sleeping:. Goodnite Moonlighters' family <3

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, Naruto_7th_Hokage said:

Idk why this drama is not in Dramafever?!  :tears:

I decided to rewatch this w/ my friends But we can't find it in Dramafever... :(

Drama fever doesn't have the license to the drama. Viki has it.  If you wanna watch MBDC check out Viki (not sure if you need a Viki pass or not though). Personally I don't use either because there are so many ads or you just can't watch a drama unless you pay money. If you go on YouTube you'll find the episodes uploaded with eng sub. It not the best quality though. You can also check out dramacool or dramanice. It's what I use, as it's free, and no ads.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Naruto_7th_Hokage said:

Idk why this drama is not in Dramafever?!  :tears:

I decided to rewatch this w/ my friends But we can't find it in Dramafever... :(

Dramafever didn't get license for MDBC. 

@onlysb1I've been rewatching that fmv  after knowing Yoo Jung will be his partner for new drama.

Never imagine their chemistry will be  this amazing

• Like 7