[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

I would hate it if they show CP dying in the drama. They sold the show as a youthful saguek and so far they are treating it like one. I'm hoping for an end where the makers take a creative license on history and give us a happy ending. But I also want him to take the crown and make Joseon a better country because he does want to do it with all his heart. Aish! It's all so confusing. No no..CP HAS to live with RaOn till they both grow super hold and they die holding hands in their sleep when they are 90.

As for CP knowing RaOn's identity so my bet is that he doesn't. He doesn't know that he is in love with her/him. So far all he has said and shown is that he gets angry around her which is natural because his feelings for her are so unnatural. I mean..who'd expect a CP to miss an Eunuch to this extent? Plus, he felt a wave of jealousy when she chose to go with someone else that too with gisengs! I'm pretty sure he'd be the last to know of her gender..as the preview suggests, next we'd get people openly suspecting that something is going on between the CP and his eunuch. Oh, the horror xD

• Like 7

Find it sooo hilarious seeing YS using those pick up lines on RO when she was like the love guru of the country:grin: along with Lee Young being jealous of gisaengs

I find it intresting that RaOn pretends she didn't see anything in respect of Ki Hyung being the masked one as i saw it as her clearly seeing his face unlike YS...Maybe having her own secret prefers to pretend not to,even if the way she acted inside their little room looked like she didn't know anything

• Like 7

still number one !

2016.09.06 RATING AGB NATIONAL

#Loveinthemoonlight 18,8 % (-0,5)

#Monster 10,3 % (+0,9)

#Moonlovers 6,0 % (+0,3)

source: naver (cant copy the source in naver, not allowed to copy too lol)

Edit: whether its because soccer match or not. *episode 6 was daebak to me hahahaha 

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

2016.09.06 Ratings

#LoveInTheMoonlight 18.8% (-0.5)

#Monster 10.3% (+0.9)

#MoonLovers 6.0% (+0.3)

Oh ok. I really don't understand real-time ratings which went up and AGB ratings going down but I am not going to be greedy about this one considering there was a soccer match last night.

Let's just celebrate and enjoy the drama's great narrative!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

still number one !

2016.09.06 RATING AGB NATIONAL

#Loveinthemoonlight 18,8 % (-0,5)

#Monster 10,3 % (+0,9)

#Moonlovers 6,0 % (+0,3)

source: naver

I swear the ratings will drop if they continue to make it more angsty and giving more screentime to the 2nd female lead. This show got recognition because it was light and fluffy in the beginning. I loved the banter between CP and RO in the first episodes, now she is just so oppressed and not that happy as she used to be. I miss that already, I thought they would bring in the angst from ep 10 onwards, but this is too early.

• Like 7

Gosh the visuals for this drama is unreal. I catch my breath at the chemistry... then the director pans away and the whole scene and lighting is gorgeous. 

Those 2. Gah... are we sure KYJ can't fall for PBG? They should so totally date. I love this drama but I am not foolish enough to alwaya only praise PBG. The production company has done an excellent casting. Everyone can act and the writing flows smoothly. Have to say- the scenery has been so pretty. KYJ is an excellent actress. If she wasn't there to act as the female opposite PBG's Crown Prince- the screen won't fill up with their intensity. It's just that I keep reading so many posts just making it sound as if he is the whole show. The whole eunuch and ministers- the actors- are such senior actorz- that even I think KYJ and PBG will be learnig acting tips from them.

Episode 6 is so good. How CAN episode 6 be so good? I can't even bear her being separated from the CP in episode 6. How will I survive when the real angst hits? And saguek angst always involve death, suffering and torture.  Plus we have added in RO's probable lineage. That is really going to be problematic. To have a couple happy ending LY really can't end up in the palace. Traitors and royalty marriages just do add up in a sageuk. Fantasy romance or not.

In the meantime watching the Crown Prince faĺl in love is just a delightfully painful yet enjoyable process. Especially when the stakes are so much higher. After this I am going to give up on sageuk romance dramas- it ends up with death and suffering. Every. Single. Time. 

Plus a whole stableload of sacrifice. 

• Like 22

Told myself I need to finish ep 5 so that I could come join the discussion but all I did was just browsing throu MDBC pics & gifs :sweatingbullets:

I swear I swear ..... no way RO looks like a boy in this :flushed:

mdbc5.png

Spoiler

mdbc6.png

mdbc7.png

mdbc8.png

mdbc9.png

mdbc10.png

mdbc11.png

Me replying on RO's behalf: Yeahhh I will doooo:heart:

Credit to kdramafeed<3

• Like 23

1 hour ago, andy78 said:

'Love in the Moonlight' tops TV chart in first week

SEOUL, Sept. 6 (Yonhap) -- A new period drama about a prince falling in love with a woman disguised as a eunuch took the top spot on a TV popularity chart in its first week, data showed Tuesday.

"Love in the Moonlight," starring rising actors Park Bo-gum and Kim You-jung, scored 278.7 points on the Content Power Index (CPI) for the week of Aug. 22-28, during which its first two episodes went on air.

The SBS series is loosely based on the life of the Crown Prince Hyomyeong, who ruled the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) from 1827-1830 due to his father King Sunjo's poor health. In the drama, he falls in love with the fictional character Hong Ra-on (Kim), who serves in the royal courts after disguising herself as a eunuch.

s compilation of photos shows stills from the drama "Love in the Moonlight." (Yonhap)

The index, developed by entertainment company CJ E&M and media ratings company Nielsen Korea, measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, keyword searches and mentions in social media.

In terms of viewership, the drama reached 20 percent in the capital area during its fifth episode Monday, according to Nielsen, a figure considered high in South Korea.

"Doctors," another SBS series, came in second with 254 points. The medical drama, starring Park Shin-hye and Kim Rae-won, ended the same week after recording consistently high viewership.

In third place was another newcomer, "Jealousy Incarnate," which revolves around the love triangle among a weathercaster (played by Gong Hyo-jin), an anchor (Jo Jung-suk) and a scion of a fashion conglomerate (Go Kyung-pyo).

The series scored 248.1 points, beating its rivals in the same time slot: "W" and "Uncontrollably Fond."

The MBC sci-fi romance "W" fell two places to fifth place with a score of 230.9 points, while the all-time favorite variety show "Infinite Challenge" took fourth place with 244.9 points.

hague@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/09/06/0701000000AEN20160906003500315.html

congratulations...they deserve...

Hmmm.... ? SBS? I do not want to be this reporter...;) However, pictures means a thousand words.. so it is clearly stated there.

• Like 6

Thank for all recap and sharing MDBC stuff! I need to catch several pages.... you guys are amazing. :D

I love all analysis it help me think in details more and more.

For the rating drop! This is the chance to see % of male fan fof MDBC in AGB system. I'm a positive person:D

Still, we are number one. I'm so happy. Moonlight Drawn by Clouds team fighting!

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, marie67 said:

I swear the ratings will drop if they continue to make it more angsty and giving more screentime to the 2nd female lead. This show got recognition because it was light and fluffy in the beginning. I loved the banter between CP and RO in the first episodes, now she is just so oppressed and not that happy as she used to be. I miss that already, I thought they would bring in the angst from ep 10 onwards, but this is too early.

I think that we are going back to the fluffy based on episode 7 preview :) 

I get your meaning even if I do not agree with the rating things :) because watching episode 6 i had a very deep "princess' man" feel xD  

But I truly think that this drama is more aiming to a "moon that embraces the sun"-angst level than the my-heart-crushed-2000-times-princess'man angst level xD

Haha xD I was just scrolling down pic of PBG to add to my post as an eye-candy-bonus when I found this :

%B1%B8%B8%A3%B9%CC3.jpg?type=w800

;) so clearly I am not the only one getting the moon that embraces the sun feels watching this drama xD ㅋㅋㅋㅋ even though, this one is, in my opinion, 10 times better <3

• Like 13

I dont understand much about korea ratings, anyone care to explain? when bo gum say over 20%, which one he refer to?

Episode # Title Original broadcast date Average audience share
TNmS Ratings[13] AGB Nielsen[14]
Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area
1 Moonlight Destiny (달빛 인연) August 22, 2016 8.7% (17th) 10.0% (9th) 8.3% (17th) 9.0% (14th)
2 The Path to You (너에게로 통(通)하는 길) August 23, 2016 9.3% (15th) 10.4% (8th) 8.5% (15th) 8.8% (13th)
3 I'm Behind You (후아유 (後我有) - 너의 뒤에 내가 있다) August 29, 2016 15.5% (5th) 17.9%(3rd) 16.0% (4th) 17.4%(4th)
4 After the Play Ends (연극이 끝나고 난 뒤) August 30, 2016 17.1% (5th) 18.8% (2nd) 16.4% (4th) 16.5% (4th)
5 Tell Me Your Wish (소원을 말해봐) September 5, 2016 16.9% (5th) 19.3% (2nd) 19.3% (3rd) 20.0% (2nd)
6 When I Want to Tell Untold Secrets (말할 수 없는 비밀이 말하고 싶어질 때) September 6, 2016 17.9% (3rd) 21.0% (1st) 18.8% (2nd)

18.9% (2nd)

• Like 11