[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] A Lifetime of Love 上古情歌

sugarplum892

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why C dramas delayed subtitles 

I m suffering from second lead syndrome 

I really want to watch this drama but without subtitles I don't know what's going on 

I hope this week janice (yi li) is there for encouraging me to watch it without subtitles 

This is what I figured out so far. There are 3 kingdoms in the story.

Xuan Mu - Prince Hao Xu, and Pincess Yun Sang. There's a General Tong Zheng with the fire power.

Xuan Yang - Prince Yu Cheng, Prince Zhi Ruo, and Princess Ruo (Mu Qing Mo), our 1st female lead.

Ling Yun - Prince Sheng Lun, Prince Di Yin. And there's a General Jing Shi who is love with Princess Yun Sang.

Our 1st male lead is Chi Yun, who is the leader of the Ruo Jiang tribe whose border is next to Xuan Mu. Chi Yun is allianced with Xuan Mu, whereas Xuan Yang and Ling Yun entered into an alliance with the marriage of Ruo and Sheng Lun.

CY and Ruo/MQM fell in love with each other and made a promise to each other but because of her duty to her kingdom and to protect her brothers' futures, MQM married SL.

After Xuan Mu King passed away, HX ascended the throne. However, as he is weak and there's internal power struggle within XM, Xuan Yang plans to attack Xuan Mu. 

Hope this summary helps those who are waiting for English subs. 

@fuyukoneko in episode 19 towards the end, when QM & CY see each other for the time since the wedding, could you please explain what QM was saying to CY as she was trying to get him to leave? She purposely says something real harsh to get CY to leave. Thanks!

24yo actor Peter Sheng Yi Lun also nicknamed Nai (Milk) Lun (milk b'cos of his soft-spoken voice) or Tai Zi (Crown Prince, for his previous role in last yr's Go Princess Go, which made him famous). I admit his acting is still abit raw and range of expressions is limited. Compared to cold mature chars he often played, his real char is abit more shy with a low laughter point. But he show his tough side in last yr's racing variety show Race The World 非凡搭檔.

This BTS clip is where he gifted the staff with a small token...some ointment, useful for insect bites and scratches.

Spoiler....another wedding...ep22.

Spoiler

2 interesting things....the actual actor Luo Yun Xi and actress Wu Qian played another memorable couple in 2015's 何以笙箫默, the teen version, not adult version....so fans are happy to see them again. Wu Qian is also Luo Luo in the recent 择天记 Fighter of the Destiny.

The 2nd unique thing is how the bride look serious initially...then she asked the groom if he's willing to have her as the only wife, no other women...only smiled when he almost like shouted out "I Do"...haha.

Can switch off screen comments with the 4th icon from btm right.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av11686762

@TramH

Apologies in advance for the rough translation.  I’m just translating it word for word, so it sounds awkward in English because of the difference in Chinese and English sentence structure. I think the only reason QM says those hurtful words at the end is because she wants him to leave quickly before he’s discovered. Its not until she hears Sheng Lun calling her name that she says those hurtful words. If she had asked CY to leave and come back later to talk, there’s no way he would left.

Argh. And I was so happy they cleared up their previous confusion ><

Starting from 29:57:

QM: CY, is it you? Why did you come?

CY: Me? I came here to see how you’re doing. Seems like you’re living well.

QM: Have you been living well?

CY: I’ve been living very unhappily. I see the truth now. You’ve forgotten me completely. Do you remember your promise to me?

QM: Promise? Every April flower festival, we will meet under the Peach Blossom Tree. I hurt my older brother to escape Xuan Yang palace. I waited under the peach blossom tree for an entire night. But you. Where were you?

CY: You kept your promise.

QM: Don’t think I wronged you. Anything I owed you, I have returned already.

CY: That day. I was going to go there. But that day King Xuan Mu died. I couldn’t leave. I sent a butterfly messenger.

QM: I didn’t get a butterfly messenger. I could only stupidly wait. And you didn’t come.

CY: How could that be? How did you not get my message? You waited for me.

QM: I used to. But, I’ve forgotten you.

CY: Then why are you crying?

QM: None of your business. (She turns her head away from CY)

CY: You married Sheng Lun, but I can’t forget you. I hate you, but I couldn’t help but secretly come to look at you.

QM: It was you. Last time it was you, right? You had already come before?

CY: I thought of you. I long for you. Love you.

Sheng Lun: Ah Mo. Ah Mo.

QM: Someone is coming. Quickly leave.

CY: I just need one word. If you love me even a little bit, I don’t care who you married. I’ll take you away. No one can stop us.

QM: Hurry. Quickly leave. Don’t force me (to choose).

Sheng Lun: Ah Mo.

CY: Does your heart have Shen Lun? Or are you mad that I didn’t keep my promise, so you still hate me?

QM: Yes, I hate you. Please go. Quickly leave. Otherwise I might kill you, to keep you from attacking Xuan Yang.

CY: Are you speaking the truth?

QM: Of course it’s the truth

CY: Fine. I accept it.

After CY leaves, QM thinks to herself. Sorry, I have my own problems. I hope you’ll remember our promise.

On 6/25/2017 at 1:59 PM, Cedric Ong said:

Spoilers.

Cuts of the wedding and scenes after that.....think from ep 13 onwards....no eng sub. Some viewers want to ship this cp instead.

A pity they agreed to be comrades instead of real....

U can switch off the onscreen comments by clicking the 4th icon from bottom right.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av11568738/

@Cedric Ong

Not sure how to put this. I think it’s kind of awesome that the story shows QM and SL deciding to start off their marriage as partners with a common goal instead of an instant romantic relationship. In episode 24 at 8:25,

Spoiler

SL confesses to QM that he wishes he could openly love her the way CY does instead of only looking at her in secret. I think its so much better that he says this after he's known for awhile.

9 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

@TramH

Apologies in advance for the rough translation.  I’m just translating it word for word, so it sounds awkward in English because of the difference in Chinese and English sentence structure. I think the only reason QM says those hurtful words at the end is because she wants him to leave quickly before he’s discovered. Its not until she hears Sheng Lun calling her name that she says those hurtful words. If she had asked CY to leave and come back later to talk, there’s no way he would left.

Argh. And I was so happy they cleared up their previous confusion ><

Starting from 29:57:

QM: CY, is it you? Why did you come?

CY: Me? I came here to see how you’re doing. Seems like you’re living well.

QM: Have you been living well?

CY: I’ve been living very unhappily. I see the truth now. You’ve forgotten me completely. Do you remember your promise to me?

QM: Promise? Every April flower festival, we will meet under the Peach Blossom Tree. I hurt my older brother to escape Xuan Yang palace. I waited under the peach blossom tree for an entire night. But you. Where were you?

CY: You kept your promise.

QM: Don’t think I wronged you. Anything I owed you, I have returned already.

CY: That day. I was going to go there. But that day King Xuan Mu died. I couldn’t leave. I sent a butterfly messenger.

QM: I didn’t get a butterfly messenger. I could only stupidly wait. And you didn’t come.

CY: How could that be? How did you not get my message? You waited for me.

QM: I used to. But, I’ve forgotten you.

CY: Then why are you crying?

QM: None of your business. (She turns her head away from CY)

CY: You married Sheng Lun, but I can’t forget you. I hate you, but I couldn’t help but secretly come to look at you.

QM: It was you. Last time it was you, right? You had already come before?

CY: I thought of you. I long for you. Love you.

Sheng Lun: Ah Mo. Ah Mo.

QM: Someone is coming. Quickly leave.

CY: I just need one word. If you love me even a little bit, I don’t care who you married. I’ll take you away. No one can stop us.

QM: Hurry. Quickly leave. Don’t force me (to choose).

CY: Does your heart have Shen Lun? Or are you mad that I didn’t keep my promise, so you still hate me?

QM: Yes, I hate you. Please go. Quickly leave. Otherwise I might kill you, to keep you from attacking Xuan Yang.

CY: Are you speaking the truth?

QM: Of course it’s the truth

CY: Fine. I accept it.

After CY leaves, QM thinks to herself. Sorry, I have my own problems. I hope you’ll remember our promise.

Your translation doesn't sound awkward at all. Thanks a bunch @fuyukoneko!!!

Here's a really rough translation of episode 24. Please let me know if there's anything I should change so the translation is easier to understand.

QM = Qingmo/Ah Mo, CY = Chi Yun

1:04 – Ah Mo walks back to injured Sheng Lun

QM: Sheng Lun Sheng Lun Sheng Lun

SL: Ah Mo, why did you come back?

QM: We are allies. We will both live or both die.

SL: Thank you Ah Mo

QM: You don’t need to thank me. I was scared that if you die, you’d appear in my dreams to blame me for not saving you. I thought about that and I was scared. So that I’ll be able to sleep well in the future, I have to save you. Let’s go.

QM helps SL get up. They walk a little bit before falling down.

QM: Sheng Lun, are you okay?

SL: Ah Mo, you’re wasting your energy.

QM tries to move her leg.

QM: My leg. Its stuck to the ground. Sheng Lun, are we going to die here?

SL: Mostly likely.

QM: I’m so stupid. I not only failed to save you. I trapped myself here as well. Why didn’t try harder to convince me to leave before?

SL: Because I was scared of dying

QM: I’m scared of dying too.

QM thinks to herself: Chi Yun, you still owe me an explanation. I’m not willing to die yet. I must survive.

SL: What’s truly scary is not dying, but dying alone. At least I’m not by myself.

QM: We can’t die. We have to continue living. Otherwise, it would have been a waste for me to come back.

SL: Ah Mo, in the next life, if I’m not LingYun Sheng Lun and you’re not XuanYang Ruo, no matter who you are, I will be an attentive and caring husband. (Just in case it’s not clear. Ah Mo is her nickname. XuanYang Ruo is her official name.)

QM: One lifetime is enough. Why bring the relationships of this life to the next one. If there is a next life, I hope to live a simple life.

SL: You’re right. To be live a simple life is our greatest unfilled desire.

QM lays down her head on SL’s shoulder.

5:11 - XuanYang Yu Chen (Ah Mo’s oldest brother, crown prince of XuanYang) is searching for Ah Mo

Yu Chen: I won’t be able to last here much longer. Ah Mo, where are you? 

5:35 – Back to Ah Mo and Sheng Lun

They hear Yu Chen’s voice calling out Ah Mo.

QM: I hear my older brother’s voice

Yu Chen continues calling out Ah Mo.

QM: It really is older brother’s voice. Sheng Lun, we have hope. Older brother. Older brother, we’re here. Older brother.

Yu Chen: Ah Mo

QM: Older brother

Yu Chen looks at Sheng Lun’s injured body.

QM: What’s wrong?

Yu Chen: Why is Sheng Lun injured so badly?

SL: Yu Chen, don’t delay. If you can save Ah Mo, I’ll be satisfied.

QM: Why can’t you save us both, older brother?

Yu Chen shakes his head.

SL: Ah Mo, Yu Chen is also injured. The sun will soon set. Yu Yuan’s* power is becoming stronger. Its gravitational effect is increasing. With his condition, it’s impossible to take both of us out of here. Don’t delay. To be able to see you before dying, I’m satisfied. It’s a pity to have fought so much and still end up not being able to determine who is stronger.**

* In an earlier episode, Chi Yun mentions to Yun Sang (oldest Xuan Mu princess) that Yu Yuan is a desolate ground that drains people of their spiritual energy and also has the power to make it difficult for people to move freely, sort of like a gravitational effect. Its effects grow stronger at night.

** Yu Chen and Sheng Lun are best friends. In previous episodes, every time they see each other, the first thing they do is fight to see who is stronger.

QM: Older brother, save Sheng Lun instead. I had my family to love and care for me, but Sheng Lun only had himself. He is this world’s loneliest person. Save him instead.

Yu Chen: I can’t do it.

Yu Chen: If we don’t hurry, we’ll all die here.

QM: He (Sheng Lun) says he’s scared of dying. His smile is just faking. We can’t leave him here to die. Older brother, you’re his best friend. Please save him.

SL: Ah Mo, to see you and Yu Chen before dying, I can die without regrets. In the next life, I hope I can be like Chi Yun, who openly/fearlessly loves you, instead of loving you in secret and covertly looking at you.

QM: There has to be a way. Older brother, there has to be a way to save all three of us.

8:53 - Ah Bi appears!

QM: Ah Bi, how did you come here? I thought I would never see you again.

Ah Bi squeaks

QM: What? Lie Yang (the heavenly bird that was raised by a phoenix) is at the entrance waiting for us?

Ah Bi squeaks and nods

QM: Great. Older brother, we can all leave together

9:21 – Zi Zhu nervously paces back and forth. Lie Yang and Ah Bi carry them out of Yu Yuan.

Zi Zhu: So good that you’re all out.

Yu Chen: What were you thinking before? The sun had almost gone down. Do you want to die?

Zi Zhu: The sun is almost down. You still haven’t come out. Isn’t that also seeking death? If you die, then of course Zhi Zhu also die with you. Princess (Ah Mo), sorry. You asked me to look after Ah Bi and Lie Yang, but they went inside Yu Yuan and I couldn’t stop them.

QM: Thank goodness you weren’t able to stop them. Otherwise, we would have all died in there.

Yu Chen to Zi Zhu: What are you looking at? If you continue to be so brainless, don’t keep following me. 

(If anyone is wondering why Zi Zhu is always so brainless, she was originally only a puppet doll created by Yu Chen.)

11:02 – QM, SL, YC, and ZZ are in a forest area.

QM: What are you doing older brother?

Yu Chen: Sheng Lun and I had previously done an array spell. Chi Yun is trapped inside. Before Sheng Lun recovers, I need to get He Tu Luo Shu (literally river map book)

QM: You both left for Yu Yuan separately and didn’t meet. How did you perform the array spell together?

Yu Chen: Often, we depended on mutual tacit understanding. (I might be mistranslating this)

QM: If you prevent him from healing, will he understanding?

Yu Chen: I’m not preventing him from healing. I’m just temporarily keeping him here.

SL’s body changes into puppet doll.

Yu Chen: We’ve all been tricked by Sheng Lun’s puppet doll. I’m going to go after him

QM picks up puppet doll. 

QM: Heart’s blood. Did he swap his body with this puppet doll as soon as we left Yu Yuan? Then the person speaking to us along the way was only a puppet doll.

Zi Zhu: Princess, what’s wrong?

QM: I’m fine. Let’s go look at the battle created by spell array.

13:01 - Tong Zheng (great general of Xuan Mu and Chi Yun’s enemy) and Kun Bu (another general of Xuan Mu that was helped by Ah Mo when they were kids) are walking around the forest.

Tong Zhen: What is this place?

Kun Bu: The sound is coming from there.

Tong Zhen: Let’s go.

13:40 Chi Yun vs Di Yin (Ling Yin’s 2nd prince and Sheng Lun’s half brother and rival) and Han Yan (another Ling Yin’s prince. He shares the same mother as Di Yin.)

14:40 – Everyone is watching the fight.

Tong Zhen: Who is that woman?

Kun Bu: Elder sister Ruo (Ah Mo’s official name is XuanYang Ruo). She is Chi Yun’s friend

Tong Zhen: Friend? Doesn’t that mean she’s Chi Yun’s woman. Last time’s fire was caused by that lang bird. No wonder the previous King Xuan Mu forbid me from killing it. It’s because of Chi Yun

Kun Bu: There are thousands of lang birds. You’re overthinking.

Tong Zhen: Better to kill the wrong person, then to let go of the wrong person.

Kun Bu: Wait. It’s a bad idea to hurt Chi Yun’s person. Chi Yun is the current King Xuan Mu’s sworn brother. He Tu Luo Shu (river map book) is already in the hands of Xuan Mu. Let’s not waste effort.

Tong Zhen: You’re right. Since He Tu Lou Shu is in the hands of King Xuan Mu’s sworn brother Chi Yun, I don’t need to worry. Let’s go back.

15:45: Back to Chi Yun vs Di Yin and Han Yan fighting

18:07: Di Yin clutching his bleeding shoulder

Di Yin: Chi Yun, I will pay back this injury/harm.

CY: Good, I will wait for you.

Han Yan: 2nd older brother. Let’s go.

18:53: Spell array ends

QM watches Zi Zhu leave and thinks: Zi Zhu you must protect older brother

CY appears and says: Are you Xuan Yang’s princess or Ling Yun’s crown prince’s wife (Sheng Lun’s wife) right now?

QM: Does it make a difference if I’m a princess or the crown prince’s wife?

CY: I have He Tu Luo Shu. If you’re Xuan Yang’s princess, I still have some feelings/affection for her. I can give you a few days to steal the Tu Long Shu. If you’re Ling Yun’s crown prince’s wife, sorry, I don’t know her. So, I’ll immediately go back to give He Tu Long Shu to King Xuan Mu (Hao Shu).

QM: I’m Xuan Yang’s princess, Xuan Yang Ruo

CY: Even though you saved me once, I will only give you three days. In three days, I will give it Hao Shu.

QM: Three days. What are you planning on doing during these three days?

CY: Go to the peach blossom tree with me. If you want He Tu Luo Shu, come with me.

20:16 – Sheng Lun is running. Yu Chen is chasing after him.

SL: Do you think you can keep stopping me?

Yu Chen: I don’t want you to drag your injured body to danger.

SL: I know what you’re thinking. You’re delaying me so that Ah Mo has a chance to steal He Tu Luo Shu.

Yu Chen: That’s one reason. Another reason is that you’re injured. You shouldn’t be fighting. You should be focused on healing. Besides, Zi Zhu has already said He Tu Luo Shu is in Chi Yun’s hands.

SL: You don’t need to explain. If I were you, I would do the same thing.

Yu Chen: You’re doing better (seem more lively).

SL: Stopping me won’t be so easy.

SL starts running away again.

22:22 – Chi Yun and Ah Mo on Chi Yun’s blue bird/dinosaur

CY: We’re going home.

CY takes out green stone.

CY: This is the He Tu Luo Shu you wanted

QM: What do you want to do during these three days?

23:02 – Xuan Mu palace/mountain. Hao Xu (current king of Xuan Mu) paces while Yun Sang (eldest princess/his sister) stands next to him.

Yun Sang: Who knows when Chi Yun will come back? Who obtained He Tu Luo Shu?

Hao Xu: They sent a message. They’re bringing back He Tu Luo Shu. With Chi Yun there, you don’t need to worry, older sister.

Tong Zhen and Kun Bu greets king.

Hao Xu: Did you bring He Tu Luo Shu?

Tong Zhen: What? He Tu Luo Shu hasn’t been brought back yet? Chi Yun had put so much effort into getting it.

Hao Xu: Chi Yun hasn’t come back yet.

Kun Bu: When we left, Chi Yun had already gotten He Tu Luo Shu. His mount is faster than ours. Did something happen on the way?

Tong Zhen: Is it because of that girl? I can only hope Chi Yun doesn’t have intentions to betray us.

Hao Xu: Chi Yun will definitely bring back He Tu Luo Shu. You guys have worked hard. Go rest.

Yun Sang thinks to herself: That girl must have been Ah Mo. He Tu Luo Shu will determine the world’s king. Chi Yun please don’t be swayed by romantic feelings.

24:36 - Han Yan helps Di Yin walk to a chair.

Han Yan: I’m going to our father to ask for the best doctors. Wait for me.

Di Yin: Stop. For now, I’ll use spiritual energy to create a fake arm so that no one will know. You can’t tell anyone I’m injured.

Han Yan: But your arm needs to be looked at.

Di Yin: I have my own plans

25:35 – Yun Sang walks down a hallway with Hao Xu following her.

Hao Xu: Older sister, where are you going in a hurry?

Yun Sang:  I’m leaving Xuan Mu for a bit. From Tong Zhen’s description, that girl must be Ah Mo. If it were anyone else, it would be okay. Chi Yun and Ah Mo have a relationship. I have to go find Chi Yun to get He Tu Luo Shu.

Hao Xu: If it’s for that reason, you don’t need to do that.

Yun Sang:  How can I not? Do you not know how important He Tu Luo Shu is to Xuan Mu. Even if we don’t get it, we can’t let Xuan Yang else obtain it.

Hao Xu: All the more reason to not rush. With Chi Yun’s personality, if he wants to give He Tu Luo Shu to Ah Mo, no one can stop him. Older sister, think about it. If Chi Yun gives He Tu Luo Shu to Ah Mo, with your skills/ability, do you think you defeat him?

Yun Sang: At this critical moment, I can only hope that he won’t let romantic feelings sway his actions.

26:43 - Chi Yun and Ah Mo under the peach blossom tree.

QM: Chi Yun, why aren’t you talking? Are you planning on not talking for the entire three days?

CY: Shh

QM: Chi Yun. Chi Yun. Did you really fall asleep? I’m also sleepy. I shouldn’t fall sleep.

28:35 - XuanYang Zhi Ruo (4th prince of Xuan Yang. Ah Mo and Yu Chen’s full brother) sitting at his desk. Yi Li (his recently wedded wife and leader of river tribe) comes in with wine.

Yi Li: I think your family is wonderful. I was worried about becoming a prince’s wife, but your mother and sister are easy to get along with. Zhi Ruo.

Zhi Ruo: Yi Li, sorry I was distracted.

Yi Li: What’s wrong?

Zhi Rhu: I went outside to find out that during our wedding ceremony, He Tu Luo Shu appeared. I think Sheng Lun and older brother left the mountain/palace to look for it. But why did Ah Mo also disappear? Did she go with them? With her level of spiritual skills, why would she go? I worry that something will happen.

Yi Li: Now that you mention it, after the wedding, there were a lot less people. Is there anything we can do?

Zhi Rhu: Yi Li, I understand your feelings. But my father doesn’t want me to go Yu Yuan and he doesn’t want us to know about this. Otherwise, why did we only find this out now? I have to think of a way.

Yi Li. Don’t worry. Our family members will be okay.

30:33 – Back to Ah Mo and Chi Yun at peach blossom tree.

QM: Chi Yun. How could I fall asleep? I wasted all that time.

CY: I worry for you. You lost one day. You only got to briefly see He Tu Luo Shu when we were in the sky.

QM: Don’t say such words. Where did you hide it?

Chi Yun stands up.

CY: If you want to know, then come search me.

32:13 – Yun Sang and Kun Bu

General: Princess, why did you ask me to come?

Yun Sang: I’m worried about Chi Yun. Go look for Chi Yun. If he gives He Tu Luo Shu to Ah Mo, you must take it back.

Kun Bu: Will do

32:35 – Ending song begins

So happy that Ah Mo and Chi Yun finally have time to talk without interruptions (Hopefully it will take time for Kun Bu to find them.)

4 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Here's a really rough translation of episode 24. Please let me know if there's anything I should change so the translation is easier to understand.

QM = Qingmo/Ah Mo, CY = Chi Yun

1:04 – Ah Mo walks back to injured Sheng Lun

QM: Sheng Lun Sheng Lun Sheng Lun

SL: Ah Mo, why did you come back?

QM: We are allies. We will both live or both die.

SL: Thank you Ah Mo

QM: You don’t need to thank me. I was scared that if you die, you’d appear in my dreams to blame me for not saving you. I thought about that and I was scared. So that I’ll be able to sleep well in the future, I have to save you. Let’s go.

QM helps SL get up. They walk a little bit before falling down.

QM: Sheng Lun, are you okay?

SL: Ah Mo, you’re wasting your energy.

QM tries to move her leg.

QM: My leg. Its stuck to the ground. Sheng Lun, are we going to die here?

SL: Mostly likely.

QM: I’m so stupid. I not only failed to save you. I trapped myself here as well. Why didn’t try harder to convince me to leave before?

SL: Because I was scared of dying

QM: I’m scared of dying too.

QM thinks to herself: Chi Yun, you still owe me an explanation. I’m not willing to die yet. I must survive.

SL: What’s truly scary is not dying, but dying alone. At least I’m not by myself.

QM: We can’t die. We have to continue living. Otherwise, it would have been a waste for me to come back.

SL: Ah Mo, in the next life, if I’m not LingYun Sheng Lun and you’re not XuanYang Ruo, no matter who you are, I will be an attentive and caring husband. (Just in case it’s not clear. Ah Mo is her nickname. XuanYang Ruo is her official name.)

QM: One lifetime is enough. Why bring the relationships of this life to the next one. If there is a next life, I hope to live a simple life.

SL: You’re right. To be live a simple life is our greatest unfilled desire.

QM lays down her head on SL’s shoulder.

5:11 - XuanYang Yu Chen (Ah Mo’s oldest brother, crown prince of XuanYang) is searching for Ah Mo

Yu Chen: I won’t be able to last here much longer. Ah Mo, where are you? 

5:35 – Back to Ah Mo and Sheng Lun

They hear Yu Chen’s voice calling out Ah Mo.

QM: I hear my older brother’s voice

Yu Chen continues calling out Ah Mo.

QM: It really is older brother’s voice. Sheng Lun, we have hope. Older brother. Older brother, we’re here. Older brother.

Yu Chen: Ah Mo

Yu Chen looks at Sheng Lun’s injured body.

QM: What’s wrong?

Yu Chen: Why is Sheng Lun injured so badly?

SL: Yu Chen, don’t delay. If you can save Ah Mo, I’ll be satisfied.

QM: Why can’t you save us both, older brother?

Yu Chen shakes his head.

SL: Ah Mo, Yu Chen is also injured. The sun will soon set. Yu Yuan’s* power is becoming stronger. Its gravitational effect is increasing. With his condition, it’s impossible to take both of us out of here. Don’t delay. To be able to see you before dying, I’m satisfied. It’s a pity to have fought so much and still end up not being able to determine who is stronger.**

* In an earlier episode, Chi Yun mentions to Yun Sang (oldest Xuan Mu princess) that Yu Yuan is a desolate ground that drains people of their spiritual energy and also has the power to make it difficult for people to move freely, sort of like a gravitational effect. Its effects grow stronger at night.

** Yu Chen and Sheng Lun are best friends. In previous episodes, every time they see each other, the first thing they do is fight to see who is stronger.

QM: Older brother, save Sheng Lun instead. I had my family to love and care for me, but Sheng Lun only had himself. He is this world’s loneliest person. Save him instead.

Yu Chen: I can’t do it.

Yu Chen: If we don’t hurry, we’ll all die here.

QM: He (Sheng Lun) says he’s scared of dying. His smile is just faking. We can’t leave him here to die. Older brother, you’re his best friend. Please save him.

SL: Ah Mo, to see you and Yu Chen before dying, I can die without regrets. In the next life, I hope I can be like Chi Yun, who openly/fearlessly loves you, instead of loving you in secret and covertly looking at you.

QM: There has to be a way. Older brother, there has to be a way to save all three of us.

8:53 - Ah Bi appears!

QM: Ah Bi, how did you come here? I thought I would never see you again.

Ah Bi squeaks

QM: What? Lie Yang (the heavenly bird that was raised by a phoenix) is at the entrance waiting for us?

Ah Bi squeaks and nods

QM: Great. Older brother, we can all leave together

9:21 – Zi Zhu nervously paces back and forth. Lie Yang and Ah Bi carry them out of Yu Yuan.

Zi Zhu: So good that you’re all out.

Yu Chen: What were you thinking before? The sun had almost gone down. Do you want to die?

Zi Zhu: The sun is almost down. You still haven’t come out. Isn’t that also seeking death? If you die, then of course Zhi Zhu also die with you. Princess (Ah Mo), sorry. You asked me to look after Ah Bi and Lie Yang, but they went inside Yu Yuan and I couldn’t stop them.

QM: Thank goodness you weren’t able to stop them. Otherwise, we would have all died in there.

Yu Chen to Zi Zhu: What are you looking at? If you continue to be so brainless, don’t keep following me. 

(If anyone is wondering why Zi Zhu is always so brainless, she was originally only a puppet doll created by Yu Chen.)

11:02 – QM, SL, YC, and ZZ are in a forest area.

QM: What are you doing older brother?

Yu Chen: Sheng Lun and I had previously done an array spell. Chi Yun is trapped inside. Before Sheng Lun recovers, I need to get He Tu Luo Shu (literally river map book)

QM: You both left for Yu Yuan separately and didn’t meet. How did you perform the array spell together?

Yu Chen: Often, we depended on mutual tacit understanding. (I might be mistranslating this)

QM: If you prevent him from healing, will he understanding?

Yu Chen: I’m not preventing him from healing. I’m just temporarily keeping him here.

SL’s body changes into puppet doll.

Yu Chen: We’ve all been tricked by Sheng Lun’s puppet doll. I’m going to go after him

QM picks up puppet doll. 

QM: Heart’s blood. Did he swap his body with this puppet doll as soon as we left Yu Yuan? Then the person speaking to us along the way was only a puppet doll.

Zi Zhu: Princess, what’s wrong?

QM: I’m fine. Let’s go look at the battle created by spell array.

13:01 - Tong Zheng (great general of Xuan Mu and Chi Yun’s enemy) and Kun Bu (another general of Xuan Mu that was helped by Ah Mo when they were kids) are walking around the forest.

Tong Zhen: What is this place?

Kun Bu: The sound is coming from there.

Tong Zhen: Let’s go.

13:40 Chi Yun vs Di Yin (Ling Yin’s 2nd prince and Sheng Lun’s half brother and rival) and Han Yan (another Ling Yin’s prince. He shares the same mother as Di Yin.)

14:40 – Everyone is watching the fight.

Tong Zhen: Who is that woman?

Kun Bu: Elder sister Ruo (Ah Mo’s official name is XuanYang Ruo). She is Chi Yun’s friend

Tong Zhen: Friend? Doesn’t that mean she’s Chi Yun’s woman. Last time’s fire was caused by that lang bird. No wonder the previous King Xuan Mu forbid me from killing it. It’s because of Chi Yun

Kun Bu: There are thousands of lang birds. You’re overthinking.

Tong Zhen: Better to kill the wrong person, then to let go of the wrong person.

Kun Bu: Wait. It’s a bad idea to hurt Chi Yun’s person. Chi Yun is the current King Xuan Mu’s sworn brother. He Tu Luo Shu (river map book) is already in the hands of Xuan Mu. Let’s not waste effort.

Tong Zhen: You’re right. Since He Tu Lou Shu is in the hands of King Xuan Mu’s sworn brother Chi Yun, I don’t need to worry. Let’s go back.

15:45: Back to Chi Yun vs Di Yin and Han Yan fighting

18:07: Di Yin clutching his bleeding shoulder

Di Yin: Chi Yun, I will pay back this injury/harm.

CY: Good, I will wait for you.

Han Yan: 2nd older brother. Let’s go.

18:53: Spell array ends

QM watches Zi Zhu leave and thinks: Zi Zhu you must protect older brother

CY appears and says: Are you Xuan Yang’s princess or Ling Yun’s crown prince’s wife (Sheng Lun’s wife) right now?

QM: Does it make a difference if I’m a princess or the crown prince’s wife?

CY: I have He Tu Luo Shu. If you’re Xuan Yang’s princess, I still have some feelings/affection for her. I can give you a few days to steal the Tu Long Shu. If you’re Ling Yun’s crown prince’s wife, sorry, I don’t know her. So, I’ll immediately go back to give He Tu Long Shu to King Xuan Mu (Hao Shu).

QM: I’m Xuan Yang’s princess, Xuan Yang Ruo

CY: Even though you saved me once, I will only give you three days. In three days, I will give it Hao Shu.

QM: Three days. What are you planning on doing during these three days?

CY: Go to the peach blossom tree with me. If you want He Tu Luo Shu, come with me.

20:16 – Sheng Lun is running. Yu Chen is chasing after him.

SL: Do you think you can keep stopping me?

Yu Chen: I don’t want you to drag your injured body to danger.

SL: I know what you’re thinking. You’re delaying me so that Ah Mo has a chance to steal He Tu Luo Shu.

Yu Chen: That’s one reason. Another reason is that you’re injured. You shouldn’t be fighting. You should be focused on healing. Besides, Zi Zhu has already said He Tu Luo Shu is in Chi Yun’s hands.

SL: You don’t need to explain. If I were you, I would do the same thing.

Yu Chen: You’re doing better (seem more lively).

SL: Stopping me won’t be so easy.

SL starts running away again.

22:22 – Chi Yun and Ah Mo on Chi Yun’s blue bird/dinosaur

CY: We’re going home.

CY takes out green stone.

CY: This is the He Tu Luo Shu you wanted

QM: What do you want to do during these three days?

23:02 – Xuan Mu palace/mountain. Hao Xu (current king of Xuan Mu) paces while Yun Sang (eldest princess/his sister) stands next to him.

Yun Sang: Who knows when Chi Yun will come back? Who obtained He Tu Luo Shu?

Hao Xu: They sent a message. They’re bringing back He Tu Luo Shu. With Chi Yun there, you don’t need to worry, older sister.

Tong Zhen and Kun Bu greets king.

Hao Xu: Did you bring He Tu Luo Shu?

Tong Zhen: What? He Tu Luo Shu hasn’t been brought back yet? Chi Yun had put so much effort into getting it.

Hao Xu: Chi Yun hasn’t come back yet.

Kun Bu: When we left, Chi Yun had already gotten He Tu Luo Shu. His mount is faster than ours. Did something happen on the way?

Tong Zhen: Is it because of that girl? I can only hope Chi Yun doesn’t have intentions to betray us.

Hao Xu: Chi Yun will definitely bring back He Tu Luo Shu. You guys have worked hard. Go rest.

Yun Sang thinks to herself: That girl must have been Ah Mo. He Tu Luo Shu will determine the world’s king. Chi Yun please don’t be swayed by romantic feelings.

24:36 - Han Yan helps Di Yin walk to a chair.

Han Yan: I’m going to our father to ask for the best doctors. Wait for me.

Di Yin: Stop. For now, I’ll use spiritual energy to create a fake arm so that no one will know. You can’t tell anyone I’m injured.

Han Yan: But your arm needs to be looked at.

Di Yin: I have my own plans

25:35 – Yun Sang walks down a hallway with Hao Xu following her.

Hao Xu: Older sister, where are you going in a hurry?

Yun Sang:  I’m leaving Xuan Mu for a bit. From Tong Zhen’s description, that girl must be Ah Mo. If it were anyone else, it would be okay. Chi Yun and Ah Mo have a relationship. I have to go find Chi Yun to get He Tu Luo Shu.

Hao Xu: If it’s for that reason, you don’t need to do that.

Yun Sang:  How can I not? Do you not know how important He Tu Luo Shu is to Xuan Mu. Even if we don’t get it, we can’t let Xuan Yang else obtain it.

Hao Xu: All the more reason to not rush. With Chi Yun’s personality, if he wants to give He Tu Luo Shu to Ah Mo, no one can stop him. Older sister, think about it. If Chi Yun gives He Tu Luo Shu to Ah Mo, with your skills/ability, do you think you defeat him?

Yun Sang: At this critical moment, I can only hope that he won’t let romantic feelings sway his actions.

26:43 - Chi Yun and Ah Mo under the peach blossom tree.

QM: Chi Yun, why aren’t you talking? Are you planning on not talking for the entire three days?

CY: Shh

QM: Chi Yun. Chi Yun. Did you really fall asleep? I’m also sleepy. I shouldn’t fall sleep.

28:35 - XuanYang Zhi Ruo (4th prince of Xuan Yang. Ah Mo and Yu Chen’s full brother) sitting at his desk. Yi Li (his recently wedded wife and leader of river tribe) comes in with wine.

Yi Li: I think your family is wonderful. I was worried about becoming a prince’s wife, but your mother and sister are easy to get along with. Zhi Ruo.

Zhi Ruo: Yi Li, sorry I was distracted.

Yi Li: What’s wrong?

Zhi Rhu: I went outside to find out that during our wedding ceremony, He Tu Luo Shu appeared. I think Sheng Lun and older brother left the mountain/palace to look for it. But why did Ah Mo also disappear? Did she go with them? With her level of spiritual skills, why would she go? I worry that something will happen.

Yi Li: Now that you mention it, after the wedding, there were a lot less people. Is there anything we can do?

Zhi Rhu: Yi Li, I understand your feelings. But my father doesn’t want me to go Yu Yuan and he doesn’t want us to know about this. Otherwise, why did we only find this out now? I have to think of a way.

Yi Li. Don’t worry. Our family members will be okay.

30:33 – Back to Ah Mo and Chi Yun at peach blossom tree.

QM: Chi Yun. How could I fall asleep? I wasted all that time.

CY: I worry for you. You lost one day. You only got to briefly see He Tu Luo Shu when we were in the sky.

QM: Don’t say such words. Where did you hide it?

Chi Yun stands up.

CY: If you want to know, then come search me.

32:13 – Yun Sang and Kun Bu

General: Princess, why did you ask me to come?

Yun Sang: I’m worried about Chi Yun. Go look for Chi Yun. If he gives He Tu Luo Shu to Ah Mo, you must take it back.

Kun Bu: Will do

32:35 – Ending song begins

So happy that Ah Mo and Chi Yun finally have time to talk without interruptions (Hopefully it will take time for Kun Bu to find them.)

Thank you @fuyukoneko for translating this episode! I'm thrilled that QM and CY are getting some quality alone time together too! Poor Prince SL (Peter is so cute :wub: and his character is such a thoughtful genuine person). Do you think QM's feelings towards Prince SL is just a brotherly time type of love? There was no sympathy from me, when the little bratty prince, Di Yin, lost his arm. That's karma for trying to kill your own brother! :angry:

20 minutes ago, TramH said:

Thank you @fuyukoneko for translating this episode! I'm thrilled that QM and CY are getting some quality alone time together too! Poor Prince SL (Peter is so cute :wub: and his character is such a thoughtful genuine person). Do you think QM's feelings towards Prince SL is just a brotherly time type of love? There was no sympathy from me, when the little bratty prince, Di Yin, lost his arm. That's karma for trying to kill your own brother! :angry:

@TramH No problem. I'm happy that there's someone else who likes this drama as much as me =). I think so. I think her heart only has Chi Yun. I felt bad for Sheng Lun this episode. He's said all those sweet words to her, but she didn't say anything in return.

I like the side relationships in this drama. I think Yu Chen and Zi Zhu are so cute together this episode when he scold her and she scolds him.

I liked Peter so much in Go Princess Go, but I though his acting wasn't very good this episode. I watched the first part of episode 24 twice just be sure that I wasn't misunderstanding his dialogue. His facial expression didn't show him as a dying person confessing his love.

Here’s a rough translation of episode 23. I’m assuming that you’re watching the episode, so I’m only briefly describing some of the actions and there will be stuff missing. Originally, I only wanted to translate the dialogue, but I was worried that not including any background information would make it difficult to follow.

QM = Ah Mo/Qing Mo, CY = Chi Yun

1:03 – Yu Chen (Ah Mo’s oldest brother, Xuan Yang’s crown prince) leaves a cave. Fight scene between Yu Chen vs Han Yan (prince of Ling Yin, Sheng Lun’s half brother).

1:45 - Chi Yun climbing over Di Yin (2nd prince of Ling Yin, Sheng Lun’s half brother). Di Yin falls, but eventually grabs onto a ledge. Chi Yun enters a cave.

2:15 - Back to Yu Chen fighting Han Yan. Yu Chen falls. Han Yan enters cave. Yu Chen struggles to fight off Yu Yuan’s black smoke/ miasma and climbs back onto cliff ledge.

3:11 - Fight scene Sheng Lun and Kun Bu (one of Xuan Mu’s great generals).

SL: Strange. Why is my spiritual water energy so weak here, but Kun Bu’s earth/stone spiritual energy so strong? (In previous episode, it was mentioned that one of the side effects of Yu Yuan’s is dampening everyone’s spiritual energy)

4:03 – Sheng Lun escapes runs past a rock wall. Kun Bu comes out of hiding from rock wall.

Kun Bu: Unexpectedly, even using Yu Yuan’s spiritual earth/stone energy could not trap Sheng Lun.

4:10: Golden bird (that holds He Tu Luo Shu) flies past Chi Yun. The ground abruptly swallows Chi Yun, Di Yin, and Han Yan like quicksand. They separately slide down tunnels. They’re tossed out into this giant cavern and land on stalagmites.

5:01 – Ah Mo wanders underground. Water drips from above.

5:36 – Back to fight scene between Chi Yun vs Di Yin and Han Yan

CY: Both of you are not strong enough to be my opponent. You should quickly retreat.

Han Yan: Until the last moment, you can’t determine who will be the winner.

CY: Today, I can’t let you stay.

6:11 – Yu Chen sits down to heal his internal injuries. Ah Mo appears around the corner.

QM: Older brother. What happened to you?

Yu Chen: Why are you here? Who let you come to a place like this?

QM: How did you get hurt?

Yu Chen: I was fighting with Sheng Lun yesterday. Both of us were injured. I won’t let Di Yin take advantage of this. (In previous episodes, it is mentioned that Yu Chen and Sheng Lun friendly compete to see who is stronger whenever they see each other.)

QM: Older brother, eat this medicine first. It will help with your internal injuries.

QM gives Yu Chen medicine.

QM: What happened with He Tu Luo Shu?

Yu Chen: To capture the golden bird (holder of He Tu Luo Shu) isn't difficult, it’s dealing with the other strongly skilled people that are after it that’s difficult.

QM: Where are they?

Yu Chen: In front of that entrance

QM: What should we do next?

Yu Chen creates a window bubble that shows Chi Yun, Di Yin, and Han Yan fighting.

Yu Chen: While they’re distracted, I will go after the golden bird. You stay here. 

QM: Older brother, you’re already injured. Let me go instead. 

Yu Chen: You?

QM: It’s too late for us to chase after it. Instead, let’s guard the entrance. I’ll go outside and older brother will stay inside. As long as you guard the entrance, we’ll still have a chance

Yu Chen: Okay, let’s do that.

QM leaves.

8:09 – Back to Chi Yun, Di Yin, and Han Yan fighting. Di Yin and Han Yan eventually fall from Chi Yun’s fire blasts and cling onto stalagmites. Chi Yun goes deeper into cavern.

9:23 – Ah Mo walks outside. Kun Bu comes out of rock wall from above, sees only a girl, and uses his spiritual earth energy to cause the surrounding rocks to fall down on Ah Mo. Ah Mo starts jumping around to evade rocks. A giant boulder falls down on top of Ah Mo. Ah Mo uses her spiritual wood energy to keep the boulder from crushing her. Kun Bu finally sees Ah Mo’s face and stops his attacks. He flies to the ground.

Kun Bu: Older sister Ruo (Ah Mo’s official name is XuanYang Ruo). It’s really you.

QM: Thank you for being merciful general.

Kun Bun: No thanks needed. If anything, I should thank older sister. Do you not remember me? When you were a child, you and your father visited Xuan Mu palace/mountain. You rescued me once.

QM: I saved you?

Kun Bu: Yes, and you also told me that people should not treat nobility and commoner differently. If someone bullies you, you should fight back.

Kun Bu makes a puppy dog face.

11:13 – Flashback to when they were children. Child Ah Mo helps child Kun Bu stand up.

11:26 – Back to present.

QM: Oh, you were that crybaby

Kun Bu: That was I. However, I haven’t cried for many years. I follow the words that you once said. Better that a man bleeds than cry.

QM: You’ve grown up well.

Kun Bu: Older sister, you should leave here quickly. Your spiritual energy is wood type. Yu Yuan has sparse vegetation. When the sun goes down, your spiritual energy will be decreased even more. At the time, you won’t even have the energy to leave Yu Yuan.

QM: I’ll go now. Have you seen Sheng Lun?

Kun Bu: Yes, we fought. Sheng Lun is Sheng Lun. This place only has earth/stone and he was injured, but we still tied. He was able to escape my stone formation. He was injured further from it. If older sister is looking for him, quickly go look. He probably went that direction.

QM: Thank you.

Kun Bu: Older sister, no thanks needed. It’s because of the words that you previously said to the child me that there is the today’s Kun Bu.

QM: Then in the future, I will treat you as a younger brother. Now is not the time to talk. I’m going. If there is fate, we will meet again.

Kun Bu: Older sister, wait.

Kun Bu creates a glowing yellow sphere.

Kun Bu: There’s only earth/stone here. This holds my spiritual energy. With it you, you’ll be able to control the nearby earth/stone for a little bit. But, remember you should quickly leave Yu Yuan. Don’t stay too long.

QM: Thank you.

QM walks away.

13:42 – Chi Yun walks through the tunnel alone.

13:57 – Sheng Lun lands down nearby. Sheng Lun sees that Chi Yun has He Tu Luo Shu (looks like a piece of jade).

SL: Leave and give me the jade stone.

SL: If you want it, come get it.

CY: He Tu Luo Shu will go to the strongest.

14:58 to 17:51 – Fight scene between Sheng Lun and Chi Yun. Fight ends with Sheng Lun falling backwards and Chi Yun’s striking his sword a few inches away from Sheng Lun. Chi Yun starts walking away.

SL: Why didn’t you kill me 

CY: No reason. I just don’t want to see her sad.

Chi Yun leaves area. Sheng Lun starts spitting out blood.

18:20: Ah Mo is walking around holding the glowing yellow sphere.

QM thinks to herself: Yu Yuan is restraining my spiritual wood energy more. I need to find Sheng Lun soon.

18:32 - Sheng Lun sits down alone to heal his internal injuries. He creates an ice block around himself.

18:49 – Ah Mo continues looking fro Sheng Lun.

19:07 – Di Yin finds Sheng Lun and starts attacking the ice block around Sheng Lun. Di Yin walks around Sheng Lun while start his evil monologue.

Di Yin: Crown prince Sheng Lung, why aren’t you attacking me back? I want to see how long you can last.

SL: Even if you want to kill me, now is not the time. Do you want He Tu Luo Shu to stay in Chi Yun’s hands?

Di Yin: Don’t worry. After I kill you, I’ll go after Chi Yun. It’s hard to get He Tu Luo Shu, but it’s even harder to have opportunity to kill you. I waited so many years for this chance. Kun Bu and Xing Mang (another Xuan Mu general) thought they could stop me. I was only testing their abilities. I left the strongest person, Chi Yun, to attack you. You’re useless. You say you’re the strongest in Ling Yun, but Chi Yun was able to wound you this badly.

21:06 – Di Yin starts attacking Sheng Lun’s ice block barrier, then stops to talk more. (Clearly, he’s never read the evil overlord list.)

Di Yin: To see my highly regarded older brother so weak, my heart is so happy. From the day I was born, you were my enemy. No matter what I did, everyone always compared me to you. No matter how hard I tried, my efforts were futile. I considered myself heaven chosen, intelligent, good at everything. But when meeting you, I lose. Why were we both born? Was I only born to make you look better? But now, I have hope. Once you’re dead, I will be crown prince.

SL: Don’t need to waste your energy on me. I don’t have the energy to leave Yu Yuan. Go get He Tu Luo Shu.

Di Yin: Don’t act like you’re the only who cares about Ling Yun’s wellbeing. Do you think I don’t care? From today, I will be Ling Yun’s crown prince. Of course, I will worry about Ling Yun’s matters.

22:45 – Di Yun starts attacking Sheng Lun’s ice block barrier again. Ice block barrier is broken. Sheng Lun spits out more blood. Di Yun slowly walks toward Sheng Lun. Rocks start falling on top of Di Yun. Di Yun flies around and rocks continue to only fall where he is.

Di Yin: Stop this Kun Bu. Chi Yun has He Tu Luo Shu. Kun Bu Kun Bu.

Rocks stop falling.

Di Yin thinks to himself: Oh no. How much did Kun Bu see? Even though imperial father favors me, if he finds out that I tried to kill Sheng Lun, he will punish me. I need to kill him. But, Yu Yuan’s effects is becoming stronger. With Sheng Lun’s injuries, he won’t be able to leave Yu Yuan. If Sheng Lun dies from Yu Yuan’s energy, then even if Kun Bu says anything, he won’t be able to prove it. This can count as heaven’s will.

24:37 – Di Yin leaves. Sheng Lun and Ah Mo come out of hiding.

QM: Good, I don’t think I could deceive him any longer.

Sheng Lun: Ah Mo, why are you here?

QM: You told me before that Di Yun wants to kill you. To think that during this critical moment, he only wants your death.

QM: You don’t need to thank me. Not only are we legally married, we are also allies. We shouldn’t stay here longer. Let’s go.

QM thinks to herself: Yu Yuan’s effect is growing stronger. It hard to even take a single step. My feet feel like its glued to the ground. To help Sheng Lun walk, it’s taking all of my spiritual energy.

SL: Ah Mo, let go of me. Leave before the sun goes down. Instead of us both dying, let me die alone.

QM: I can’t bear to see you die.

SL: Ah Mo, listen to me. We can’t both die here.

QM: In this situation, I can’t delay any further. Sheng Lun is Ling Yun’s crown prince. He can’t die. If I die here, what will happen to oldest brother and fourth older brother? Can’t die.

SL: Ah Mo, I’m happy that you tried to save me. You should go.

Sheng Lun pushes Ah Mo’s hands away from holding his arm.

SL: Ah Mo, go to your father and mother.

QM: Sorry.

SL: You don’t need to say sorry. Di Yun would have killed me if you hadn’t saved me.

QM slowly takes stumbling steps away from Sheng Lun.

27:22: At Xuan Yang’s palace, Xuan Yang Zhi Ruo (4th prince of Xuan Yang. Ah Mo and Yu Chen’s full brother) and Yi Li (his recently wedded wife and leader of river tribe) walks towards Mu Qing Liao Ruo (queen of Xuan Yang and mother of crown prince, 4th prince, and Ah Mo.)

Zhi Rhu and Yi Li kneel.

Zhi Ruo: Son greets mother.

Yi Li: Daughter-in-law greets mother.

Liao Ruo: Quickly, stand up. Yu Li come next to mother.

Yu Li stand up and sits next to Liao Ruo.

Liao Ruo: These are just some small things I sewed.

Liao Ruo gives an embroidered, scented bag to Yu Li.

Yu Li: This bag is so nice. 

Liao Ruo: This isn’t anything valuable. Do you like it?

Yu Li: Mother, the most important thing about gifts is sentiment. This present that’s handmade by mother is more valuable than gold and jewelry.

Liao Ruo: Good child. Zhi Ruo’s father and older brother say that Zhi Ruo is useless, but he picked you, so he must be smarter than anyone else. From now on, we’re one family.

Yu Li: In my heart, he is wonderful also. 

Zhi Ruo: Mother, where is Ah Mo? She’s usually the most talkative. Without her here, it feels weird.

Yu Li: Where is younger sister? Zhi Ruo talks about her often, but I haven’t had a chance to talk to her yet.

Liao Ruo: Sheng Lun and Ah Mo have left the mountain. (All of the palaces are on top of mountains.) Yu Chen also left with them.

Zhi Ruo: Really older brother and Ah Mo. How could they leave right after my wedding?

29:29 – Ah Mo slowly walks. She stumbles and holds onto a rock wall for support. She thinks about her past memories of Sheng.

QM thinks to herself: No matter what happens, whether he’s happy or sad, Sheng Lun always maintains a smile. Just now, he kept smiling.

31:00 – Back to Sheng Lun siting down.

SL thinks to himself: You have to continue to live well, Ah Mo. Live for the freedom that you wanted.

SL thinks about the time his father punished him.

32:10 – Ending song begins.

I thought that it was interesting that SL's final thoughts was about his dad and not Ah Mo. He wished her well, but it didn't seem any different from the way you would treat a close friend or family member.

Here’s a rough translation of episode 22. I’m assuming that you’re watching the episode, so I’m only briefly describing some of the actions and there will be stuff missing, especially the facial expression. Originally, I only wanted to translate the dialogue, but I was worried that not including any background information would make it difficult to follow.

QM = Ah Mo/Qing Mo, CY = Chi Yun, SL = Sheng Lun

1:06 – Xuan Yang people (Yu Chen, Ah Mo, Zi Zhu) and Sheng Lun walking down stairs to meet Shen Mu people (Chi Yun, Yun Sang, and Kun Bu). Chi Yun is wearing the red cape made by Ah Mo.

Yu Chen: Thank you Chi Yun Da Ren, Shen Mu, and other Shen Mu friends for coming to celebrate Zhi Ruo’s wedding.

Ah Mo keeps her gaze to the ground. Chi Yun looks at Ah Mo.

SL: Chi Yun Da Ren, I haven’t seen you in a while.

Chi Yun ignores Sheng Lun and continues to stare at Ah Mo. Yun Sang glances over at Chi Yun.

QM: Older sister Yun Sang. Chi Yun Da Ren.

Ah Mo still avoiding looking at Chi Yun.

Yun Sang: I haven’t seen you in a long time. Is the crown prince’s wife doing well?

QM: Thank you for your concern. I’m well.

Kun Bu: Kun Bu greets crown prince’s wife.

QM: Greetings General Kun Bu.

CY: Is the princess doing well?

Yun Sang: Once a woman marries, her ranking/title is based on her husband. You should say crown prince’s wife.

Ah Mo finally looks at Chi Yun.

QM: I’m well.

CY:  I see that the crown prince and crown prince’s wife are happily in love. Do you think about your past lover?

Awkward silence.

Yu Chen: The bride is here. Let’s go receive her.

Yun Sang looks at Chi Yun, but doesn’t say anything.

2:43 – Yi Li comes out of her carriage. A servant hands her one end of a red ribbon and the other end to Zhi Ruo

Servant: Bride, hold onto the red wedding ribbon and follow the groom to the ceremony hall to marry into Xuan Yang.

Yi Li looks around. Zhi Ruo looks bashful. He turns around to walk to ceremony hall. Yi Li stand still, but holds onto red wedding ribbon.

Yi Li: I am River tribe’s Yi Li. Today, I’m going to marry Xuan Yang’s Zhi Ruo. Thank you everyone for coming so far to attend our wedding. Please also be witnesses. A woman can only marry once. I truly want to be with you forever. Are you willing to have me as your only wife? 

Zhi Ruo: I’m willing. I’m willing!

Yi Li walks closer to Zhi Ruo.

Yi Li: In the future, I will be the leader of the River tribe. To protect me, the River tribe will fight to last person. I will also fight to protect the River tribe until my last drop of blood. If you marry me, you must protect the River tribe with me. Will you?

Zhi Ruo: I only know from now on I will be Yi Li’s husband. I will use my life to protect you.

Yi Li: From today on, Yi Li and Zhi Ruo will be inseparable in life and death, through fortune and misfortune.

Guests clap hands.

Zhi Ruo: Yi Li, let me introduce these people. This is my oldest brother, Xuan Yang Yu Chen. This is my younger sister, Xuan Yang Ruo. This is my brother-in-law Ling Yun Sheng Lun. In the future, we will all be one family.

Yi Li greets Yu Chen, Ah Mo, and Sheng Lun.

QM: Fourth sister-in-law, this is a dagger created by Sheng Lun and me. I hope you like it.

Yi Li: Every solider wants a weapon created by Chi Yun, but every hero wants a weapon created by Sheng Lun. This gift is too precious. Thank you.

SL: I hope you like the flower design that Ah Mo created. (There’s a flower design on the handle of the dagger.)

Yi Li: I like it. This is my favorite gift so far.

Yi Li takes out a bracelet to give Ah Mo.

Yi Li: This is only a simple wooden bracelet, but it holds the promise of the River tribe. If you are ever in trouble, they will stand on your side.

QM: Thank you fourth sister-in-law.

Yu Chen: Zhi Ruo, this is your big day. Older brother knows you’ve grown up. Royal father and mother are waiting for you inside. Don’t keep them waiting.

Yi Li and Zhi Ruo hold hands and walk up stairs to ceremonial hall.

QM: I’ll go greet the guests. You go inside.

SL: Okay, come inside soon.

Ah Mo tells servants to bring guests inside and walks away from crowd by herself.

QM: I’m surprised he was wearing the red cape I made.

Yun Sang walks by.

Yun Sang: Ah Mo.

QM: Older sister Yun Sang.

Yun Sang: What’s wrong? You don’t look happy.

QM: Today is fourth brother’s wedding. How can I not be happy?

Yun Sang: I admire Yi Li, to love indulgently and without consideration. She doesn’t want to share her husband with other women and resolutely made your older brother promise. Your older brother is the same. He knows your royal father will be angry, but he still resolutely agreed.

QM: Why admire other people? King Xuan Mu is your younger brother. He won’t force you to do anything. If you want to marry, Jing Shi will agree to only marry you.

Yun Sang: You dare tease me?

QM: I see than Jing Shi’s visit to Xuan Mu palace/mountain was worth it. You resolved your misunderstanding.

Yun Sang nods and smiles.

QM: Then when will you both?

Yun Sang: When what?

QM: When will you get married? You’re Xuan Mu’s princess. You’ll be marrying below your rank, but love is something that where you should disregard other people’s opinions. As long as General Jing Shi persists, I’m sure that Sheng Lun will also help him.

Yun Sang: In Jing Shi’s heart, he does not see me as a princess. He said that once I agree, he will ask Hao Xu for my hand in marriage.

QM: Then why don’t you agree?

Yun Sang: Hao Xu is a good younger brother. He will always worry about me. Because he is so good, how can I not consider his future? You know Hao Xu’s personality. It’s not easy to be Xuan Mu king. Tong Zheng doesn’t respect him. It’s my presence that keeps Tong Zheng a little respectful. If I were to marry an outside kingdom’s general now, it won’t be good for Hao Xu. So I asked Jing Shi to wait. I believe that it won’t take long for Hao Xu to gain control of Xuan Mu’s military. At that time, I can leave Xuan Mu without worries. I can be a person who only thinks with her heart. To spend my days playing music and cooking soup for my husband.

QM: I wish you good fortunes, older sister. For your royal father, younger brother, younger sister, you scarified. You should think about your own happiness now.

Yun Sang: What about you? You were the most rebellious. Are you going to keep listening to your royal father?

QM: I have my own plans. Look, today older brother is so happy. Growing up, he always helped me to do what I wanted. It’s my turn to help him, so that he can marry the girl he loves without worry. As long as he and royal mother can be happy, that will be my greatest happiness.

Yun Sang: Ah Mo, you’ve grown up.

QM: People have to grow up. Actually, growing up isn’t that bad.

Golden light appears near Yun Sang’s hand. Only Yun Sang notices.

QM: Seeing fourth brother so happy today, I realize that other people’s happiness is the best. It’s better than personal happiness.

While Ah Mo was talking, Yun Sang creates this mini bubble/screen that shows a golden bird flying.

Yun Sang: Older sister hopes you will all be happy. Ah Mo, I have some problems I have to go handle. You should go inside quickly. You don’t want to miss your fourth brother’s wedding.

QM: Okay.

Yun Sang: Have fun.

12:00 – Everyone is in wedding hall, priest says wedding stuff.

12:38 – Blue light appears near Chi Yun’s hand. He creates mini bubble/screen that shows a golden bird flying. Chi Yun leaves. Light appears near Yu Chen and Sheng Lun’s hands. They create the same mini bubble/screen. Yu Chen looks at his father.

13:24 – Kun Bu meets Yun Sang in a forest.

Yun Sang: Did you also get He Tu Luo Shu’s (literally rive map book) notification?

Kun Bu: Yes, Tong Zheng told me. He Tu Luo Shu has appeared in Yu Yuan (desolate ground). He told me to go there immediately.

Yun Sang: Xuan Yang and Ling Yun probably also received this news. We should go there quickly.

Chi Yun walks by.

CY: Wait. Yun Sang is a high-profile person. She should stay. People will notice if she is gone. Even though the appearance of He Tu Luo Shu isn’t a secret, we should still pretend.

Yun Sang: I disagree. The fight for He Tu Luo Shu will be merciless. It’ll be better to have more people on your side.

Kun Bu: Yun Sang should stay. General Chi Yun’s reason is logical. Don’t worry. With General Chi Yun, Xuan Mu’s chances are higher.

Yun Sang: Okay. Be careful you two. 

Yun Sang: Chi Yun

Chi Yun: Don’t worry. Ruo Jiang tribe only wants peace. I don’t want to conquer the world. I’m only going to help Hao Xu.

Yun Sang: Okay. Be careful.

Chi Yun and Kun Bu leave.

14:36 – King Xuan Yang and Yu Chen enter a room.

King Xuan Yang: Why were you in a hurry to leave?

Yu Chen: He Tu Luo Shu’s has appeared. This isn’t a secret. The other kingdoms have each sent skilled people after it. I ask that you let me to go after it.

King Xuan Yang: He Tu Luo Shu is a world matter. Go immediately to obtain He Tu Luo Shu for Xuan Yang.

Yu Chen: Your son obeys.

King Xuan Yang: Yu Chen, be careful.

Yu Chen leaves.

15:18 – Mu Qing Liao Ruo (queen of Xuan Yang and mother of crown prince, 4th prince, and Ah Mo.) and Ah Mo are walking.

Ye Bin: Princess! Princess, please stop.

QM: Uncle Ye Bin, why are you in a hurry?

Ye Bin: The king wants you to go meet him.

QM: Do you know why, uncle?

Ye Bin: Sorry, your servant doesn’t know.

Liao Ruo: Your royal father must miss you. Go visit him.

QM: Okay. I’ll come back quickly to keep you company.

Liao Ruo: You only think to spend your time with me. You should spend time with Sheng Lun.

QM: I’ll go visit royal father first.

16:09 – King Xuan Yang at his desk. Ah Mo enters the room.

QM: Royal father.

King Xuan Yang: Ah Mo, you came. Let’s go over there to sit. How is Ling Yun Sheng Lun treating you?

QM: He treats me well.

King Xuan Yang: That’s good. I knew that you marriage to Sheng Lun was a good choice. He will love you like your mother and me.

QM: Royal father’s words are right.

King Xuan Yang: Then can I speak more straightforwardly. When will I be able to hold my grandson?

QM: Royal father, your daughter knows that this is important. This can’t be rushed.

King Xuan Yang: You and Sheng Lun are both royalty. Sheng Lun has high spiritual energy and you’re both happily in love. Before you go, I’ll ask the royal doctor to check your health.

QM thinks to herself: Does he know about our agreement, or has he heard about Chi Yun and me?

King Xuan Yang: You’ve been married for so long. You are the crown prince’s wife and to be not pregnant still.

QM: Royal father, things like this is determined by heaven. Fate will decide when I become pregnant.

King Xuan Yang: Then I was overthinking. I received an alert that He Tu Luo Shu has appeared in Yu Yuan. While your mother did not obtain the throne, she was on the same level as Xuan Mu and Ling Yun. (Then something about Pangu. I couldn’t understand that sentence. Best guess is he said those three tribe served Pangu when he was still alive. In some Chinese mythology, Pangu is the creator of all living things.) The Mu family has an oral legend that He Tu Luo Shu is not just a map. It hides Pangu’s secret that can break apart the world. I believe that is the reason Xuan Mu and Ling Yun want He Tu Luo Shu. While I don’t believe in this, no one can have He Tu Luo Shu. If it is real, we can’t predict the outcome.

QM: This legend has been said countless times in the past thousands of years. Who knows if this is real or fake?

King Xuan Yang: It doesn’t matter if this is real or fake. It’s better for Xuan Yang to destroy it then for another kingdom to get it. If Xuan Mu gets it, Xuan Yang will be destroyed. I had already sent your oldest brother and servants to Yu Yuan, but other kingdom have also sent their people. I’m worried about Yu Chen. I’m thinking about sending Zhi Ruo to help him, but I also think that might not be the best idea. Although you are a female, you are clever. I want to hear your ideas.

QM thinks to herself: Today is fourth brother’s wedding. How can he go to Yu Yuan?

QM: Royal father, I request to go to Yu Yuan. Today is fourth brother’s wedding. I don’t want fourth brother and sister-in-law to feel the sadness of parting so soon. Although my spiritual energy is not as strong as fourth brother, Sheng Lun is my husband. I will be able to influence him. This could end up a battle of wits instead of strength.

King Xuan Yang: Although I have many children, there are few that understand my thoughts.

QM: Royal father, although I have married, I will always be your daughter. Let me go there.

King Xuan Yang: Ah Mo, it will be tough on you. Remember, Yu Chen and your safety is more important then He Tu Luo Shu.

QM: Your child understands.

King Xuan Yang: Be aware of your safety. If you meet danger, don’t continue.

QM: Yes, royal father.

Ah Mo leaves the room.

21:31 Ah Mo walks down hallway. She sees Chan Leishi (King Xuan Yang’s concubine and mother of 3rd and 9th prince.)

Ah Mo greets Chan Leishi.

Chan Leishi stares at Ah Mo and doesn’t say anything.

QM: Ah Mo has things to do. I won’t bother your further. I hope you will feel better about 3rd brother’s death.

Ah Mo starts walking away.

Chan Leishi: Am I your second mother? Don’t be too happy. Your snake-hearted mother will feel the same pain as me.

QM: What do you mean by this?

Chan Leishi: Your oldest brother caused my son’s death. I won’t you let off.

QM: What nonsense are you speaking? Third brother died on the battlefield. What does this have to do with oldest brother?

Chan Leishi: It was he. He wanted to kill my son. It was revenge for your second brother. My son burned your second brother to death.

QM: What are you saying? Second brother was killed by third brother?

Jie Yi runs toward his mother.

Jie Yi: Ah Mo. My mother is in shock over second brother’s death. Don’t listen to her.

QM: Ninth brother.

Chang Leishi: How can you speak in her favor? Don’t forget who killed your only older brother.

Jie Yi: Ah Mo. My mother is mentally unwell. I’ll take care of her. I won’t send you off.

QM: Okay, I’ll leave then.

QM walks away.

QM thinks: I’m the closest in age to ninth brother. We spent our childhood together. Our relationship was good. But now, its grown more and more distant.

23:55 – Yu Chen and Zi Zhu at the top of Yu Yuan.

Yu Chen: The golden bird appeared down there. Other people have already gone down. Stay here to wait for me.

Zi Zhu: I want to go with you.

Yu Chen: No, your spiritual energy is too weak. You’ll be swallowed by Yu Yuan.

Zi Zhu: But.

Yu Chen: There’s no but. Stay here to wait for me.

Yu Chen jumps down.

24:22 - Liao Ruo is sitting doing embroidery. Ah Mo walks to where her mother is sitting

Servants greet Ah Mo.

Liao Ruo: What did you royal father ask you?

Ah Mo: Nothing much. He asked if Sheng Lun treats me well.

Liao Ruo: How did you reply?

Ah Mo: He treats me well.

Liao Ruo: Ah Mo, do you think you’re happy right now?

Ah Mo: I’m better than I thought I would be.

Liao Ruo: That’s good. You have to live your days. Although Sheng Lun is not the person you love, but he is the person who can provide you the best life.

Ah Mo: Ah Mo understands.

Liao Ruo pricks her hand.

Ah Mo: Mom.

Liao Ruo: I’m okay.

Ah Mo thinks about what Chan Leishi had said.

Ah Mo: Mom, in the future, you should stop doing embroidery work. It’s bad for your eyes. You should rest more often.

Liao Ruo: Okay. I’ll listen to you. Today, I’ll stop embroidering.

Ah Mo: Mom, I’m going to descend the mountain.

Liao Ruo: Are you going with Sheng Lun?

Ah Mo: You can consider it that way.

Liao Ruo: You’re married. If its yes, just say it. Why say it that way? Go play wherever you want. With Sheng Lun there, mom won’t worry.

26:50 – Chi Yun, Tong Zheng, Kun Bu, and Xing Mang (another general) are walking in Yu Yuan.

Xing Mang: Chi Yun and Tong Zheng please wait.

Tong Zheng: What?

Xing Mang: The place is too vast. If we stay together, it will take too long. Only one of us needs to find the golden bird for Xuan Mu.

Tong Zheng: Both of you (Kun Bu and Xing Mang) are Xuan Mu’s people, but there is someone who is not from Xuan Mu. Who knows if he has other loyalties?

Tong Zheng looks at Chi Yun.

Tong Zheng: Yu Yuan is a dangerous place. Both of you should stay together and head to the other side. If you can’t find the golden bird there, you can trap other people.

Xing Mang: Good idea.

Kun Bu: What does General Chi Yun think?

CY: You guys do whatever you want.

Kun Bu: Okay, let’s meet at the East side.

28:18 – Ah Mo goes to Yu Yuan.

Ah Mo thinks about what Chan Leishi had said. Did oldest brother really cause third brother’s death?

28:45 – Ah Mo lands at the entrance of Yu Yuan.

Ah Mo: Where is oldest brother?

Zi Zhu: He went down.

Ah Mo: Lie Yang come back. This is Yu Yuan. Don’t run around.

Ah Mo: What’s going on? Is He Tu Luo Shu in Yu Yuan?

Zi Zhu: Most likely. The golden bird has appeared in a cave in Yu Yuan. Everyone has rushed after it. Yu Chen and Sheng Lun have been down there for almost 2 hours. Yu Yuan’s effects get stronger at night. I’m worried that something will happen to them.

Ah Mo: Watch over them for me. Keep them from entering Yu Yuan. I’ll go look for oldest brother.

Zi Zhu: Be careful princess. Make sure to come out before the sun goes down.

Ah Mo jumps down to Yu Yuan.

30:04 – Sheng Lun is walking. He is greeted by Kun Bu and Xing Mang.

SL: In Yu Yuan, title/ranking doesn’t matter, only ability.

Xun Bu: I’ve heard that Ling Yun’s oldest prince is highly skilled. Kun Bu would like a match to compare our skills.

Xun Bu and Sheng Lun fight.

SL: What is your goal in trapping me here?

Xun Bu: I don’t want to kill you. I just want to trap you here, so that Ling Yun and Xuan Yang has one less person and Xuan Mu’s chance of catching the golden bird will increase.

Xun Bu and Sheng Lun continue fighting.

33:37 – Golden bird comes out of cave. Chi Yun follows it. Di Yin comes out of same cave. Chi Yun grabs onto Di Yin’s foot.

34:32 – Ending song begins.

I couldn’t translate this well. Yu Chen and Ah Mo’s conversation to their father is very formal. It’s very different from the way they talk to their mother. I think that highlights the difference in their relationships. Plus, the annoyed look on Ah Mo’s face when the official said she had to go visit her father.

If King Xuan Yang views Xuan Mu as the main threat to his kingdom, I wonder why he didn’t try to marry Ah Mo to Hao Xu instead of Sheng Lun?

Does anyone else find it odd that Ah Mo and Yun Sang are still best friends even though the battle with Xuan Mu ended with Ah Mo’s 3rd brother’s death? Even though Ah Mo wasn’t close to that brother, I find it surprising that they don’t even discuss it and that Xuan Mu’s royalty was invited to Zhi Ruo’s wedding. And they discuss very personal topics with each other.

On 6/21/2017 at 1:43 AM, sushiroll17 said:

There is a 45min ver of this drama and DragonTV basically cuts out 10mins of every ep which is why some of first few eps seemed confusing. Apparently the uncut ver is alot better. Damn you DragonTV :angry:

I finally found the 45 minute version =). If you google the 上古情歌 DVD, one of the search results will be for a free 45 minute version. Most search results will be for the paid version. I think this won't count as violating rule of not posting links? It doesn't look like they just cut out 10 minutes. Scenes were also moved to following episodes. The ending scenes in episode 4 (35 minute version) was moved to beginning of episode 5 (45 minute version). 

@Rachele Sabatino I'm glad its helpful =). I think @Cedric Ong said episode 1 to 13 has english subtitles?

Here’s a rough translation of episode 21 (35 minute version). I was watching a version that didn't have the opening song, so timing will be off from the version on Croton's Youtube channel. Also, sorry, I’ve been mistranslating. As of episode 24, Sheng Lun is not crown prince yet.

Jing Shi: Really? My wedding with Yuan Han was canceled?

SL: Yes

Jing Shi: Is Yuan Han okay? For me to cancel the wedding, it is unfair to her.

SL: If there is unfairness, I should be the one compensate her. You just need to know that you’re no longer under the pressure of forced marriage.

Jing Shi kneels on one knee.

Jing Shi: Thank you prince.

SL: Quickly stand up.

Jing Shi: Wedding problem is finally resolved. I didn’t wrong Yun Sang.

SL: Then I will wait to attend your wedding.

00:47 – Di Yin and Han Yan

Han Yan: Older brother, don’t be angry.

Di Yin: How can I not be angry? I had finally broken the relationship between Sheng Lung and White Tiger Department. But, Sheng Lun easily fixed the problem with a calm face in the court.

Han Yan: Older brother, why be in a rush? The future is long and can’t be determined yet.

Di Yin: To hear you speak, you have a countering move?

Han Yan: I thought of one already. You didn’t think of it because you were anxious.

1:27 – Ah Mo teaching villagers how to raise silkworms.

Ah Mo: These are called mulberry worms because they grow up eating mulberry leaves. (In Chinese, the word for silkworms is literally mulberry worms.) The leaves can’t be wet.

Villager: Why can’t there be water on the leaves?

Ah Mo: Leaves with water aren’t clean. If baby silkworms eat it, they’ll die. So you must dry off the leaves before feeding it to silkworms.

Villager: There are so many rules to caring for silkworms.

Ah Mo:  That’s all the rules. Remember to review them.

Ah Mo walks away from villagers.

Ah Mo: Huan Xu, I’m a bit tired. I’m going to my room to rest. Don’t let anyone come bother me. Go help them.

Huan Xu: Yes, prince’s wife.

2:21 - Ah Mo goes back to her room and closes the doors. She takes out the red cape hidden under blankets. She goes out the backdoor and calls for Lie Yang.

Ah Mo: Lie Yang, bring this red cape to Xuan Mu. If Chi Yun see this, he’ll know I’m waiting for him at Bu Gui Valley.

Lie Yang nods. Ah Mo throw red. Lie Yang catches it and leaves.

Ah Mo thinks to herself: Chi Yun, this is our last chance.

Ah Mo goes back to her room.

Huan Xu: Prince’s wife, do you feel better?

Ah Mo: I’m okay. I feel a bit hungry. Also, didn’t I say don’t come to my room?

Huan Xu: I worried because you looked unwell before. I’ll go get you something to eat.

Ah Mo: Sounds good.

4:19 – Chi Yun is sitting in his room, examining a bunch of swords. Lie Yang appears to drop off red cape.

Chi Yun thinks to himself: Ah Mo, what do you mean by this? Why are you using that cape to torment me?

5:13 - Flashback to wedding scene. He goes back to room without picking up cape.

5:55 – Ah Mo finishes eating

Huan Xu: Prince’s wife, you ate so little.

Ah Mo: I still feel a bit unwell. I’m going to rest early. You can leave.

Huan Xu starts picking up plates.

Ah Mo: Don’t clean up. You can clean up tomorrow.

Huan Xu leaves. Ah Mo picks up a puppet doll. She animates the puppet doll and covers its sleeping form with a blanket. She leaves her room.

7:32 – Chi Yun comes outside to pick up red cape.

8:10 – Villagers dancing around fire. (I think this is to show the audience that tonight is the April flower festival. The night when they promised they would meet under the peach blossom tree each year.)

8:43 – Ah Mo and Ah Bi under peach blossom tree.

Ah Mo thinks to herself: Chi Yun, like last time, I’m here waiting for you. This is our last chance. If you don’t come, then we should forget each other.

9:09 – Chi Yun wearing the red cape while on his flying dinosaur.

9:33 – Back to Ah Mo and Ah Bi under peach blossom tree.

Ah Mo: Ah Bi, do you think Lie Yang has dropped off the item?

Ah Bi nods and squeaks.

Ah Mo: Then he’ll definitely come?

Ah Bi nods and squeaks.

Ah Mo: But, why do I think he won’t come?

Ah Bi disagrees with Ah Mo and shakes its head.

Ah Mo: He must know not that Ling Yun rules are very strict. To be able to see him, I’ve started preparing half a year ago to gain Ling Yun King’s trust. I used the excuse of teaching the village women how to raise silkworms to get permission to leave the palace.  I prepared for half a year in exchange for one night’s freedom. I have so many words I want to say. I want to tell him my helplessness and my anger. Why doesn’t he believe me? He already broke his promise once. Will he break his promise a second time?

Lie Yang appears.

Ah Mo: Lie Yang. Lie Yang, did you give him the item?

Lie Yang nods.

Ah Mo: Then he’ll definitely come? Ah Bi, he’ll be here soon. How do I look?

Lie Yang flies away. Chi Yun’s blue dinosaur bird drops off the red cap, and then abruptly leaves.

Ah Mo: What does this mean? Why was it returned? Does it mean he’s unwilling to wear it? If you don’t care, I don’t care. If you don’t believe me, then from now on, we will never meet.

13:33 – Chi Yun on a cliff somewhere.

Chi Yun: Is she really waiting for me? Since she’s so happy with Sheng Lun, how could she be at the Peach Blossom Tree?

14:07 – Ah Mo looks at Peach Blossom Tree.

Ah Mo: Year after year, you blossom. But have you ever experienced a fickle heart? You said you would wear it, but you abandoned it. I never thought you wouldn’t even be willing to come here. If you weren’t going to keep a promise, why did you make that promise to begin with?

15:39 – Back to Chi Yun

Chi Yun: Xiao Yao (name of blue dinosaur bird)

Chi Yun goes to Peach Blossom Tree.

Chi Yun: Seeing the peach blossom petals on the cape, she never came. Xiao Yao, I can’t let go of my feelings for her. Maybe right now, she’s with Ling Yun Sheng Lun living happily in love as the oldest prince’s wife.

17:27 – Ah Mo returns to her room.

18:28 – Chi Yun is still under the Peach Blossom Tree.

Chi Yun: I’m so laughable. I still have a fantasy of you. Xiao Yao, let’s go.

19:05 – Ah Mo and her servants walk up entrance of Ling Yun palace.

Sheng Lun: You’re back.

Ah Mo: I’m back.

Sheng Lun: Traveling was tiring. You look like you lost weight. I prepared tasty food. See if you like it.

Ah Mo: I only left for a few days. How could I be travel-worn and weary? If someone hears, they’ll think I’m fragile.

Sheng Lun: As a woman, it’s normal to be a bit fragile. Let’s go.

They go inside.

19:41 – Chi Yun walks up the stairs to his room. Chang Xi is waiting for him.

Chang Xi: You’re back. I’ve been waiting for you.

Chi Yun: Why are you here?

Chang Xi: I just wanted to see if you were missing anything so that I can get them for you.

Chi Yun: I’m not missing anything. You can go.

Chang Xi: Then, what fruit do you want to eat? I can go find it for you.

Chi Yun: I’m not interested.

Chang Xi: Then you

Chi Yun: You what. You’re so bothersome. If you have time, help Hao Xu with state affairs. Don’t keep coming here.

Chang Xi: I just want to come. I want to see you. You’re not so precious that I can’t even see you for a bit.

Chang Xi: Get out.

Chi Yun goes inside. Chang Xi leaves. Yun Sang comes up the stairs.

Yun Sang: Younger sister Chang Xi, Chi Yun is in a bad mood. Don’t let it bother you.

Chang Xi leaves.

Yun Sang: Why did you say such words to Chang Xi.

Chi Yun: Why cant I say those words?

Yun Sang: No matter what, she’s your sister. She’s liked you for many years. We spent time with each other for years. There’s affection. Please don’t hurt her feelings. (They’re not related. Yun Sang says Chang Xi is Chi Yun’s sister because he and Hao Xu are sworn brothers and Chang Xi is Hao Xu’s younger sister.)

21:32 – Sheng Lun and Ah Mo eating a meal.

Sheng Lun: Royal father asked if you were doing well there. I said everything was going well.

Ah Mo: Was royal father unhappy because I was gone for so long?

Sheng Lun: How could that be? Royal father was worried because he likes you. Di Yin and Han Yan are jealous.

Ah Mo: I’m too sensitive. I worried that I’m not doing well enough.

Sheng Lun hands Ah Mo a dagger that has a flower design.

Ah Mo: Is this the dagger that I drew? You already finished

Sheng Lun: Unfortunately, there was a tight deadline. At least it looks good.

Ah Mo: You’re too modest. The flowers look very realistic. The dagger is smooth. (She says the dagger is guāng kě jiàn rén which is an expression that means that surface is smooth enough to reflect the image of a person, so she might be meaning that the dagger is shiny instead of smooth.) You are the only person who can create this in such a short time.

Sheng Lun: If you keep praising me, I might float to heaven. I have my reasons for being modest. This dagger is made of iron ice, water from Tang valley, and heat of the sun. With such great materials, its easy to make a good dagger.

Ah Mo: This will be for fourth sister-in-law. This is the best for a woman to use as protection. When will we be leaving?

Sheng Lun: I’ve already prepared everything. I was only waiting for your to come back to leave.

Ah Mo looks down.

Sheng Lun: What’s wrong?

Ah Mo: It’s nothing. You treat me too well. It reminded me of my fourth older brother. I want to go home soon.

Sheng Lun: You can go home whenever.

Ah Mo: Then can we leave tomorrow?

Sheng Lun: Of course.

24:07 – Back to Chi Yun and Yun Sang

Yun Sang: Did you see Ah Mo?

Chi Yun: Don’t mention her again. From now on, she is her and I am me. Our relationship has ended.

Yun Sang: I don’t know what happened between you two, but I think she has her reasons/difficulties. We are all born as royals. There are many things that we can’t help oneself. You hate her.

Chi Yun:  There aren’t that many things that can’t be helped. In this world, if someone tries to come between us, I’ll kill them. Its because she’s in love with Sheng Lun.

Yun Sang: If her family stops you, are you going to kill them too?

Chi Yun: It’s too late now. I give up on her. Why did you come looking for me? You must have a reason.

Yun Sang: Its about me and Jing Shi.

Chi Yun: The Ling Yun general?

Yun Sang: I want to marry him.

Chi Yun: Did you think it through? That’s your choice. What do you need me to do?

Yun Sang: You still speak so straightforwardly. I hope you will help Hao Xu stabilize his position. This is the only way I can be with Jing Shi without worries.

Chi Yun: Rest assured. Because of the friendship between you, Hao Xu, and me I will do my best.

Yun Sang: I will remember this in my heart.

26:40 – Sheng Lun, Ah Mo, Yu Chen, and Zi Zhu at Xuan Yang palace.

Ah Mo: Oldest brother.

Yu Chen: You’re back.

Ah Mo: You’re no fun. You’re already here waiting. You must have known from our spiritual energy.

Sheng Lun: I haven’t seen you in awhile. How are you?

Yu Chen: This is Xuan Yan mountain. You’re a visiting son-in-law. In accordance to customs, shouldn’t you change your address to oldest brother?

Sheng Lun: I’ll wait until you defeat me.

Yu Chen: No time like the present. Let’s go.

Sheng Lun and Yu Chen leave.

Zi Zhu: They’re fighting again. Princes, you’ve been fighting for so many years. Do you need to fight every time you see each other? Princess, persuade them.

Ah Mo: If they want to fight, let them fight. Who can stop them? I’m going to visit mom and fourth older brother.

Zi Zhu: Princess, wait for me.

27:41 – Ah Mo with her family.

Zhi Ruo: Ah Mo

Ah Mo: Fourth older brother

Zhi Ruo: I missed you.

Liao Ruo: You’ve been married for so long. Why are you still like before, like a child?

Zhi Ruo: Exactly.

Ah Mo: In front of you guys, I’ll always be a child.

Ah Mo turns her brother around.

Ah Mo: Fourth older brother, you look like a groom. Congratulations.

Zhi Ruo: You just came back and you’re already bullying your fourth older brother. Mom you should scold her. She just came back and she’s already bullying me.

Liao Ruo: Ah Mo, tomorrow is Zhi Ruo’s wedding. Don’t bully your fourth older brother.

Ah Mo: Mom, fourth older brother has a wife to care for him now. You should side with me.

Zhi Ruo: Does Sheng Lun not dote on you? We’ve heard a lot about you two.

Ah Mo: Mom, look fourth older brother is bullying me. You have to help me.

Zhi Ruo: How am I bullying you?

Liao Ruo: You two. Each is more childish than the other.

Zhi Ruo: You you. Only know how to bully your fourth older brother.

29:01 – Xuan Mu court

Hao Xu: Our military has grown stronger and stronger. Isn’t it because of our conscription strategy? If a commoner has skill, we should use them.

Kun Bu: There are imperial kinsmen who are unhappy. Should we stop this?

Hao Xu: Stop this? This increases Xuan Mu’s power, why stop this?

General with silver helmet: Your majesty, I worry that if this continues, it will cause turmoil.

Chi Yun: No matter what you do, someone will be unhappy with you, so don’t consider their thoughts. While they’re only talking about their displeasure, we should use this time to recruit. Xuan Mu’s future will be in the hands of these lofty ideals.

Kun Bu: There are some problems with this. Let’s let the king decide.

Yun Sang: I am in agreement with Chi Yun’s ideas. Before, we looked down on Xuan Yang. They didn’t follow tradition and were unbearably barbaric. But because of this conscription strategy that’s not based on class, our military power is growing stronger.

Hao Xu: I agree with older sister and Chi Yun’s views. Tomorrow is Xuan Yang’s fourth prince Zhi Ruo’s wedding to the future leader of River tribe. Isn’t the reason they’re getting married because of River tribe’s military power?

Kun Bu: Since his majesty has decided, I will obey and follow.

General with silver helmet: I will obey and follow.

30:42 Sheng Lun looking at the garden. Yu Chen walks by.

Yu Chen: Why are you here alone?

Sheng Lun: Ah Mo is with Zhi Ruo.

Yu Chen: They’re gotten along well since they were children. They spend all their time together.

Sheng Lun : I admire them. I grew up without a mother and I didn’t have full siblings (Di Yin and Han Yun are only half siblings.) I always had to be wary of my siblings’ schemes because I though that’s what a royal family should be like. But seeing you guys interact, I see that siblings can also laugh and talk together.

Yu Chen: Now, you can understand what I spend my life to protect. What seems like the simplest thing is really the heart’s greatest treasure.

31:44 – Wedding guess arrive. Ah Mo, Yu Chen, Sheng Lun, and Zi Zhu are greeting guests.

Ah Mo: So many people came today.

Chi Yun (wearing his red cape), Yun Sang, Kun Bu, and other Xuan Mu people walk up the stairs.

Ah Mo thinks to herself: Why is the red cape with him? Did he keep his promise?

Yu Chen: Thank you Chi Yun Da Ren, Shen Mu, and other Shen Mu friends for coming to celebrate Zhi Ruo’s wedding.

Ah Mo keeps her gaze to the ground. Chi Yun looks at Ah Mo.

SL: Chi Yun Da Ren, I haven’t seen you in a while.

Chi Yun ignores Sheng Lun and continues to stare at Ah Mo. Yun Sang glances over at Chi Yun.

QM: Older sister Yun Sang. Chi Yun Da Ren.

Ah Mo still avoiding looking at Chi Yun.

Yun Sang: I haven’t seen you in a long time. Is the prince’s wife doing well?

QM: Thank you for your concern. I’m well.

Kun Bu: Kun Bu greets prince’s wife.

QM: Greetings General Kun Bu.

CY: Is the princess doing well?

Yun Sang: Once a woman marries, her ranking/title is based on her husband. You should say prince’s wife.

Ah Mo finally looks at Chi Yun.

QM: I’m well.

CY: Prince and prince’s wife are happily in love. Do you think about your past lover?

For episode 21, I didn’t understand why Ah Mo doesn’t ask Lie Yang to pass along a message when he drops off the cape. I understood why she wouldn’t write a letter just in case Lie Yang is captured, but why wouldn’t she tell Lie Yang that she didn’t mean the words she said the last time she say Chi Yun and explain that it was only to make him leave before Sheng Lun finds him. It feels ridiculous that’s sad that he didn’t come; when two episodes ago, she told him she hates him. Maybe, something was cut in the 35-minute version and something had happened between his visit to Ling Yun and the April flower festival? 

Why doesn’t Xiao Yao tell Chi Yun that Ah Mo was there he dropped off the cape? Usually, the flying mounts have enough intelligence to communicate.

At first I didn’t understand what Ah Mo meant when she said Chi Yun doesn’t trust her. But, I think she means the part where he keeps insisting that’s she in love with Sheng Lun and that he’s doubting her feelings for him. During his conversation with Yun Sang, I see that he thinks as long as they’re in love, no one else matter.

8 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

For episode 21, I didn’t understand why Ah Mo doesn’t ask Lie Yang to pass along a message when he drops off the cape. I understood why she wouldn’t write a letter just in case Lie Yang is captured, but why wouldn’t she tell Lie Yang that she didn’t mean the words she said the last time she say Chi Yun and explain that it was only to make him leave before Sheng Lun finds him. It feels ridiculous that’s sad that he didn’t come; when two episodes ago, she told him she hates him. Maybe, something was cut in the 35-minute version and something had happened between his visit to Ling Yun and the April flower festival? 

Why doesn’t Xiao Yao tell Chi Yun that Ah Mo was there he dropped off the cape? Usually, the flying mounts have enough intelligence to communicate.

At first I didn’t understand what Ah Mo meant when she said Chi Yun doesn’t trust her. But, I think she means the part where he keeps insisting that’s she in love with Sheng Lun and that he’s doubting her feelings for him. During his conversation with Yun Sang, I see that he thinks as long as they’re in love, no one else matter.

Actually, this episode follows closely the novel, If you are interested here there is an english translation of the chapter https://dramasbooksandtea.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/once-promised-曾许诺-introduction/ (the characters'names are slightly different)  I think that Ah Mo is just naive as she thinks that Chi Yun should always trust her and she does not expect Chi Yun would actually believe that she is in love with her husband. 

Archived