[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] A Lifetime of Love 上古情歌

sugarplum892

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

Who else has already started watching the first episodes? LOL :D

I plan to but I can only pick up some basic Mandarin that I learned on my own but will have to suffer until down the road there is English sub. Do you understand Mandarin @shinaabby so you can help translate the episodes? :)

@TramH Aiya... to be honest I don't understand Mandarin at all. I'm just watching it raw for the moment. My knowledge is limited to understand what is happening. I plan to rewatch it with English subtitles once they come out. Sorry to disappoint you :cry:

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] A Lifetime of Love 上古情歌
7 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

@TramH Aiya... to be honest I don't understand Mandarin at all. I'm just watching it raw for the moment. My knowledge is limited to understand what is happening. I plan to rewatch it with English subtitles once they come out. Sorry to disappoint you :cry:

LOL! No worries at all @shinaabby. We are in the same boat! Thank goodness there are sites that recap the episodes.:D

44 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

I've watched all 3 eps already lol

Like most Chinese dramas Ep1 was abit messy for me esp with the lack of introduction to the characters and the fast pacing. It would of been better if they showed more of Chi Yun's Tarzan days to understand his wild nature. I've never seen a Chinese Xianxia drama with this kind of pacing before as most viewers of Chinese dramas would often complain how draggy it is so this drama is kinda refreshing in some ways. The green screen and CGI bothers me sometimes but the amount of content that is cramped into these episodes makes up for it. I have to say the fights scenes on Ep 3 were really well done and I'm liking the banter between Mu Qingmo and Chi Yun. Also Sheng Lun is so cool and I already feel bad for him. So far I love all the characters and enjoying this drama.

btw I just realized Peter Sheng Yi Lun's character is Sheng Lun. They didn't even try to change his real name for this drama lol

my initial thoughts based on the first three episodes: 

- wayyyy too much cgi. literally everywhere, and not all well done

- the first episode was so confusing. there was no character introduction or back stories, just all these names thrown at you. wish they gave more back story to how the main couple met and why she saved him. i'm assuming we'll find out later. 

i'll watch a few more episodes before i decide if i'll follow it. 

OMG my eyes, the whole episode 1 is shot in front of a blue screen. I'm beginning to really hate the Xianxia genre, way to much cg/special effects. I'll give it a few more episodes before I make my mind up. Otherwise, I'll wait for Tribes and Empires to come out, also advisors alliance next week. 

Ok @shinaabbyI watched all 3 episodes. Chi Yun is totally and beyond head over heels with Qingmo . It's silly that he adores her so much at times but real sweet :wub: I know fans get tired of how the drama can be dragged out but I wish I could see how Chi Yun and Qingmo relationship developed. It happen so quickly and he instantly is in love with her! LOL

@sushiroll17 I totally agree with you on the background of Chi Yun. The flashbacks do help but since I can only understand 1% Mandarin, I'm still lost! LOL 

If I understood the conversation with Qingmo and her BFF, Yun Sang, correctly, Qingmo doesn't know she is about to be engaged to Prince Sheng Lun.

Team Peter Sheng Yi Lun! :heart:

006nbEJygy1fgjbrl4t1pj31be0qowjf.jpg

8 hours ago, allblue123 said:

OMG my eyes, the whole episode 1 is shot in front of a blue screen. I'm beginning to really hate the Xianxia genre, way to much cg/special effects. I'll give it a few more episodes before I make my mind up. Otherwise, I'll wait for Tribes and Empires to come out, also advisors alliance next week. 

I always come to watch Xianxia/Historical dramas with extremely low expectations so I was prepared for seeing fake effects, CGI and backgrounds. lol.

Hopefully Hunantv won't butcher Tribes and Empires like what did to Princess Agents as I've learned that awesome trailers doesn't mean anything. Eternal Love and Nirvana in Fire being the rare exception.

View on Youtube and turn on CC for the English Subtitle, Enjoy :)

[MV] G.E.M. - Peach Blossom Promise - A Life Time Love OST [English Subs] - HD 1080p

A Life Time Love - Teaser #1 [English Subs] - HD 1080P

A Life Time Love - Teaser #2 [English Subs] - HD 1080P

A Life Time Love - Teaser #3 - HD 1080P

A Life Time Love - MV Teaser [English Subs] - HD 1080P

•  

On 6/13/2017 at 5:40 AM, shinaabby said:

I would love to watch it but then I have no idea on what is going on since it doesn't have eng subs... Any chance you know where I can watch them with eng subs?

or tell me, what happened in the last few aired episodes?:confounded:

Archived