Discussion | SOOMPIERS IN PARADISE: SHIPPERS' CONTEST 2016

akinahana89

45 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

You are more than welcome to decorate your entry with images (let's say no more than three to prevent slow loading pages for members), but your entries will be judged only on the prompts we give out. ^^

I see. Fair enough. Thank you!! ^_^ 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello to the moderators of the contest. 

I would like to pass queries from our thread's member :

1. Time frame for preparation.

Please consider to release the requirements for entry on Round 2: Fans-Art. That way, each thread can work simultaneous in preparing the materials, hence a better result from a better preparation time. I think many threads have been doing more than halfway in proceeding with round 1's entry.

2. Introduction and poem for round 1:

Should it be purely words? Can it be words written on top of the artwork design? 

3. Smash keyboard poem:

Can we make the title for the poem? If so, should the title be part of the generated letters provided, too? Or can we create the title freely, then start the content of the poem from the 1st letter of the series of a generated smash up letters? 

Please advise. Thank you and have a nice day! 

@KalyanaV These are the tentative requirements for Rounds 2-4.

Round 2: Fan Art
Entry Period: 3/1-3/6 (End of Day KST)
Voting Period: 3/7-3/9 (End of Day KST)

Explanation: 2 examples of fan art (2 originals | 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels maximum). 1 gif per fandom is permissible (600 pixels x 450 pixels | 2 MB maximum).

Round 3: Fan Fiction
Entry Period: 3/10-3/15 (End of Day KST)
Voting Period: 3/16-3/18 (End of Day KST)

Explanation: 1,500 words maximum to describe a day in the life of your couple!

Round 4: Fan Video
Entry Period: 3/19-3/24 (End of Day KST)
Voting Period: 3/25-3/27 (End of Day KST)

Explanation: Original video of 3-5 minutes in length.

Yes. Feel free to include images (no more than 3) about your couple in the introduction.

Yes. The title does not have to be part of the generated letters.

34 minutes ago, misshoggy said:

Hi ebullient,

Just wondering what do you mean by originals.  Does that include Photoshop or do they have to hand drawn/made?

Thanks.

Original means any kind of fanart that was made with the intention of submitting it for the contest. We're not looking for pre-mades or old work, but new and original entries that was put together with our prompts in mind.

58 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Original means any kind of fanart that was made with the intention of submitting it for the contest. We're not looking for pre-mades or old work, but new and original entries that was put together with our prompts in mind.

Thanks!!

23 minutes ago, androkia91 said:

Quetion: For the poem, since most of the names are korean, can we consider the alphabet 'J' as 'Ji-hyo' or J would stand for just 'Ji' and then H for Hyo?

For names, it will be acceptable to hyphenate it into one word, so the letter "J" for "Ji-Hyo" is fine. ^^

hi, i read above that its permissible to include up to 3 photos in the introduction. i just wanted to ask if its okay to put quotes on the photos that are different from the ones used in the intro? or would those be included in the count? thanks!

50 minutes ago, b8l8 said:

hi, i read above that its permissible to include up to 3 photos in the introduction. i just wanted to ask if its okay to put quotes on the photos that are different from the ones used in the intro? or would those be included in the count? thanks!

That is fine, but make sure to choose carefully which quotes to put in the intro and which to put on the image itself, as we will only judge the entries on the text portion. The images will merely serve as a visual aid and the importance of the entry is in how you answer the prompt. 

6 hours ago, merada said:

hi 

is the final winner should be win in all category ?

or just that depend in admin or something related to votes ?

There are four rounds in this contest. Some may have no eliminations and some will. In the final round, there will be four winners: two that are determined by votes and two that are determined by staff picks (a voting process amongst all the staff members).

Archived