Discussion | SOOMPIERS IN PARADISE: SHIPPERS' CONTEST 2016

akinahana89

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, @akinahana89.

Last minute concern: I've asked earlier if we're allowed description for fanart similar to smash poetry. I would like for you to elaborate whether we need to stay strictly at 2 lines in the description like that round or can we elaborate more? Is there a max. to how much we can say about the art?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, GrandPoohBear said:

Hi, @akinahana89.

Last minute concern: I've asked earlier if we're allowed description for fanart similar to smash poetry. I would like for you to elaborate whether we need to stay strictly at 2 lines in the description like that round or can we elaborate more? Is there a max. to how much we can say about the art?

Thank you.

Let's set the word limit for descriptions in this round to no more than 250 words. ^^ Thanks!

This year's entries just.. blow me away! The amount of creativity, passion, effort, attention to details, technical skills, the aesthetic feeling behind the pieces are all so very impressive and appreciated. I love that there are many who have contributed with a hand-made artwork this year, and we can clearly see that all teams have put in so much time and effort into their entries. I hope the artists had fun making them, and I hope we can see more of their artworks in the Art section on Soompi.

It's heartbreaking that not everyone can move to the next round, but I want to give a big thank you to those who have participated and want the teams to know that their effort and participation are highly appreciated! Again, well done and thank you for the hard work!!

I'm so proud of you all! And good luck with the voting!

Proud+Meme+Face_cf274a_3448808.jpg

Now, over to something more personal. This is pretty much a person opinion and not everyone is interested in reading it. So please, skip it if you want :)

I love looking at artworks and I like to analyze them. All of the entries have something I really like and there are many who stood out from the rest. However, there is one team in particular who has managed to impress me with creativity and execution of an idea. This team has a romantic story to tell and emotions to convey with a clever use of words and lack of words. The two artworks can be viewed as one, or at least a continuation of the other, and I can see that there is a visible coherence that bind these together. YY couple's entries left me speechless, and @blame2pm's artworks really touched me.

The first piece is very inspiring and I can clearly see what the artist wants to tell. I love the simplistic use of colors and composition throughout the artwork, and it has a sentimental value to it that I find touching. It has a simple, but very effective use of minimalism. With more time to polish it, this artwork can turn out even more amazing.

The second piece is SO impressive. The artist has really pushed herself to create something interesting and ambitious with an astounding attention to details. I love how the characters have come across in the stylistic interpretation, and the pop-up book is simply well-composed and well-made.

While the first one has a more serious and romantic tone to it, this artwork is whimsical and fun; both reflect the couple's relationship or the feelings the shippers got when they watched them in WGM. We are moving from a piece that displays lots of words to form a picture, to a piece that tells a story without words. Clever!

I hope you can showcase more of your talent because these are just amazing artworks! ;)

39 minutes ago, anniepanda said:

This year's entries just.. blow me away! The amount of creativity, passion, effort, attention to details, technical skills, the aesthetic feeling behind the pieces are all so very impressive and appreciated. I love that there are many who have contributed with a hand-made artwork this year, and we can clearly see that all teams have put in so much time and effort into their entries. I hope the artists had fun making them, and I hope we can see more of their artworks in the Art section on Soompi.

It's heartbreaking that not everyone can move to the next round, but I want to give a big thank you to those who have participated and want the teams to know that their effort and participation are highly appreciated! Again, well done and thank you for the hard work!!

I'm so proud of you all! And good luck with the voting!

Now, over to something more personal. This is pretty much a person opinion and not everyone is interested in reading it. So please, skip it if you want :)

I love looking at artworks and I like to analyze them. All of the entries have something I really like and there are many who stood out from the rest. However, there is one team in particular who has managed to impress me with creativity and execution of an idea. This team has a romantic story to tell and emotions to convey with a clever use of words and lack of words. The two artworks can be viewed as one, or at least a continuation of the other, and I can see that there is a visible coherence that bind these together. YY couple's entries left me speechless, and @blame2pm's artworks really touched me.

The first piece is very inspiring and I can clearly see what the artist wants to tell. I love the simplistic use of colors and composition throughout the artwork, and it has a sentimental value to it that I find touching. It has a simple, but very effective use of minimalism. With more time to polish it, this artwork can turn out even more amazing.

The second piece is SO impressive. The artist has really pushed herself to create something interesting and ambitious with an astounding attention to details. I love how the characters have come across in the stylistic interpretation, and the pop-up book is simply well-composed and well-made.

While the first one has a more serious and romantic tone to it, this artwork is whimsical and fun; both reflect the couple's relationship or the feelings the shippers got when they watched them in WGM. We are moving from a piece that displays lots of words to form a picture, to a piece that tells a story without words. Clever!

I hope you can showcase more of your talent because these are just amazing artworks! ;)

@anniepanda You're the sweetest! Ah, your words made my day, really. I know you made that mindblowing shadowbox last year! As a far from artistic person who had to get out of her comfort zone and learned something new for this contest, it's very rewarding to read positive feedbacks and supportive comments like yours. On behalf of our team (and I bet, also all the other teams here), we also want to thank YOU ALL for letting us join in on this fun event! @akinahana89 you've worked hard too! 

And I have to agree... @blame2pm i honestly have never watched any episodes of YY couple on WGM, but that book. That book. Jaw dropped. Mind blown. Brain panicked for a while too, gotta admit :) I saw the team's entry for round 1 in which you used an Alice in Wonderland metaphor for your poem and so this storybook just ties into that poem very neatly. Please tell the entire YY ship that you guys are AMAZING. 

And for all the people who have shed blood sweat and tears (hopefully not literally) for this round.... Seriously I can't begin to tell how much I appreciate fans who draw fanarts or make crafts on a regular basis now that i've had experienced it myself. So everyone: *GROUP HUG!* We from SunTaek ship were sooo taeken by the works too :wub:

@anniepanda Omg. Words can't describe how touched I am by your analysis of the artwork. You did it so eloquently, in fact better than I could. I'm beyond grateful and humbled that you noticed all the details and thoughts that went into it too. Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet message. It certainly inspired me and the rest of YY Nation. :tears::)

@hafunohane  What you said meant a lot to me and the fandom! Your team's artwork is impressive too that I kinda want to play the games you guys created. :D I haven't watched Reply 1988 myself (I was team Chilbong you see and still bitter lol) but looking at all the write-up describing the different couples from the show that are participating here, the images and artworks, really made me want to start watching it now. I think this is the interesting thing about this contest. Other than serving as a creative outlet for shippers, it can also introduce you to new ships and shows to follow which I think is great. So thank you to the organizers and moderators! :)

Pat on the back to all the other teams who worked hard too. Loved all the creative entries! 

Details on Round 3

Round 3: Fan Fiction
Entry Period: 3/20-3/26 (11:59PM KST)
Voting Period (News Site Only): 3/28-4/1 (11:59PM KST)

In 1,500 words or less (excluding the title), write a short story featuring your couple, using one of the following prompts:

1. An ideal day in their life

2. Love conquers all

3. The struggles of first time parents

4. Mysteriously getting thrown into a movie of your own chosen genre [but imaginary bonus points for an action film! lol]

5. A surprise event

6. Include all of the following words: twinkle, lemon(s), midnight, red, skip [Highlight the prompt words in a different color within your story]

The fanfic can be of any genre and element, but we want to be able to see and/or feel the love between your couple. Remember to keep it appropriate for Soompi audience. If you would like to incorporate more than one prompt, you are more than welcome to do so as long as the maximum word count is not exceeded.

We will allow the first names of your couple to count as one word (i.e., Jo Jung Suk will be considered two words. Jo, the last name, as one word, and Jung Suk, the first name, as another word.)

Round 2 Voting

The article will be up as soon as possible.

Thanks for such fabulous and wonderful submissions! I can't wait to see what you guys will come up with in round three! Good luck, have fun, and get creative! Fighting! ^^

6 hours ago, nuckertuck said:

@akinahana89

Thanks for the speedy reply on the rules for the Round 3 Submissions. I was just wondering if the prompt with the words included all forms of the word. For example, would reddish still be counted as red, or twinkling an appropriate substitution for twinkle?

Yes, all forms of the word will be acceptable.

4 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

The poll is in the hands of an editor on the news site. I have not heard back yet on when it will be published. :sweatingbullets:

..thanks for the reply admin.. We will just wait then.. :)

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Shippers, if you haven't checked the news section of Soompi yet, the voting article has been published! You can find it here. Happy voting!

Edit://

Also, remember that this IS an elimination round. Only 9 couples will make it to round 3, so make sure to spread the word and make the votes count! Shippers, fighting!

@Howlongwillthisfandomlast I'll edit it. Thanks for noticing! ^^

• Guest unpinned this topic

Archived