Discussion | SOOMPIERS IN PARADISE: SHIPPERS' CONTEST 2016

akinahana89

R O U N D - 2 - R E S U L T S

The moment you've all been waiting for, shippers! The results of the voting for round two, the fanarts! With over 25,000 votes (more than the first round!), here are the results, ranking from first place to last place.

1. Kim Jung Hwan & Sung Deok Sun (Gaeddeok Couple)
2. Kwak Si Yang & Kim So Yeon (SiSo Couple)
3. Park Bo Gum & Hyeri (SunTaek Couple)
4. Lee Jong Hyun & Gong Seung Yeon (GongLee Couple)
5. Ryu Jun Yeol & Park Bo Gum (YeolGum Couple)
6. Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo (Spartace Couple)
7. Hong Seol & Yoo Jung (Cheesy Couple)
8. Jang Wooyoung & Park Se Young (YY Couple)
9. Ji Chang Wook & Park Min Young (ChangMin Couple)
10. Oh Min Suk & Kang Ye Won (OhYe Couple)

Spoiler

Round2Results.png.8acebdd011fd71682b93b7

R O U N D - 2 - E L I M I N A T I O N

Keeping in mind that Round Two was an elimination round, here is the overall rank of each couple, with tallied votes from both Round One and Round Two, from first place to last place:

1. Kim Jung Hwan & Sung Deok Sun (Gaeddeok Couple) [2,975 + 7,874 = 10,849]
2. Kwak Si Yang & Kim So Yeon (SiSo Couple) [4,799 + 4,821 = 9,620]
3. Park Bo Gum & Lee Hyeri (SunTaek Couple) [4,169 + 4,528 = 8,697]
4. Lee Jong Hyun & Gong Seung Yeon (GongLee Couple) [4,287 + 2,085 = 6,372]
5. Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo (Spartace Couple) [3,317 + 1,319 = 4,636]
6. Hong Seol & Yoo Jung (Cheesy Couple) [1,480 + 1,267 = 2,747]
7. Jang Wooyoung & Park Se Young (YY Couple) [1,096 + 1,084 = 2,180]
8. Ryu Jun Yeol & Park Bo Gum (YeolGum Couple) [409 + 1,470 = 1,879]
9. Ji Chang Wook & Park Min Young (ChangMin Couple) [1,183 + 616 = 1,799]
10. Oh Min Suk & Kang Ye Won (OhYe Couple) [719 + 295 = 1,014]

Thank you so much, OhYe Couple, for participating! You gave us such great entries for both rounds and we're sad to see you go. T_T

In fact, everyone gave us beautiful, creative, and amazing entries! We asked you to deliver and deliver is exactly what you did! The shipper mods have all been thoroughly amazed by the unique fanart presented this year. ^^ Great work, shippers!

Now, couples ranking 1 through 9, see you in Round Three!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..good day admin!! Would it be ok if we ask for Round 4's criteria and details.. because out of all the rounds, we all know that fmv making is the hardest one.. will there be a theme?  Sorry for asking this early..  we just want to avoid that the entries will be done in haste.. thanks for your immediate reply.. :)

Round 4: Fan Video
Entry Period: 4/2-4/8 (11:59PM KST)
Voting Period (News Site Only): 4/10-4/14 (11:59PM KST)

Original fan made video, no longer than 3-5 minutes in length. Themeless, so show us what you've got and remember that it's your last chance to make a deep impression!

Original means a video made for the purpose of this shippers' contest. We do not want premades or videos that were supposed to be for other intentions.

@alou

..please be rest assured that, the fmv that wewill pass is not pre-made (i can vouch for our group) .. That is why we are asking for the details this early so that the fmv creator from our thread can start conceptualizing.. Thank you for your immediate reply admin @akinahana89

9 hours ago, ReemKanabta said:

Good day lovelies

@akinahana89 can we just link another FF under spoiler when we post our chosen one, that will be much appreciated, and how many images can we submit, I guess 2 only!!

regarding the MV our lovely creator is almost done with it, hope it matches any themes or criteria's given

When you say another fanfic, do you mean one that did not make the final cut to be used as the entry in the contest?

We would prefer not diverting our voters' attention to other fanfics that cannot be considered a part of the contest submissions. 

So we'd rather not allow other fanfics to be shared via spoilers within the official contest entry.

As an alternative, you can place the link in your signature with a clear statement that those fanfics were once considered for official submission or you can choose to share those links in the discussion thread for other users to read. 

If, on the other hand, there is a site or page used to collaborate on the fanfic that will be officially submitted, then you may share that link inside a spoiler.

As for images, we will allow one image, no bigger than 1000 x 1000 pixels. If you choose to use a gif, then please make sure it's no bigger than 600 x 450 pixels and 2MB in size.

We look forward to your entries!

• 2 weeks later...

@alou

Sorry about the delay in my response! The article has been in the hands of an editor for the past few days, but I haven't been able to contact her for an update on the date of publication yet. I'm still trying! I'm sorry this is taking so long and I'll be sure to extend the dates accordingly once I get this all worked out.

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

@alou

Sorry about the delay in my response! The article has been in the hands of an editor for the past few days, but I haven't been able to contact her for an update on the date of publication yet. I'm still trying! I'm sorry this is taking so long and I'll be sure to extend the dates accordingly once I get this all worked out.

..thanks for the reply admin.. no worries at all.. we just want to be sure that we haven't missed the poll.. :)

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Hi shippers!

The voting is FINALLY UP on the Soompi news site! Check it out here and make sure to vote, vote, vote! I've extended the voting deadline to April 7th at 11:59PM KST, so there will also be new dates for the final round. At the moment, it's tentative at 4/8 - 4/14 for submissions and 4/16-4/20 for voting. Contest winners will be announced no later than 4/23 to give the entire forum staff enough time to cast their votes for the staff pick winners. ^^

7 hours ago, yyluv said:

hi admin, china fans have problem to vote, this is the image they had, no name list for them to choose.

msget?source=209678993&fid=3960963353300

Hi @yyluv, if you can give me the image again, since I think you accidentally deleted a portion of the link, I can direct the issue to an admin for a solution. Have you tried clearing your cache, by the way? Thanks!

21 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Hi @yyluv, if you can give me the image again, since I think you accidentally deleted a portion of the link, I can direct the issue to an admin for a solution. Have you tried clearing your cache, by the way? Thanks!

I copy and paste the image from what they show,on 5/4 and 6/4, they are YY couple china fansite who support us to promote the contest vote. anyway the vote close soon and the admin there is sleeping now. thanks for reply. below is our conversation between 5/4 and 6/4.  

P7lE6LU.jpg

JW2IZqw.png

R O U N D - 3 - R E S U L T S

The moment you've all been waiting for, shippers! The results of the voting for round three, the fanfiction! With over 51,000 votes (more than double the amount of votes from round two!!), here are the results, ranking from first place to last place.

1. Park Bo Gum & Hyeri (SunTaek Couple)
2. Kim Jung Hwan & Sung Deok Sun (Gaeddeok Couple)
3. Kwak Si Yang & Kim So Yeon (SiSo Couple)
4. Ryu Jun Yeol & Park Bo Gum (YeolGum Couple)
5. Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo (Spartace Couple)
6. Lee Jong Hyun & Gong Seung Yeon (GongLee Couple)
7. Hong Seol & Yoo Jung (Cheesy Couple)
8. Jang Wooyoung & Park Se Young (YY Couple)
9. Ji Chang Wook & Park Min Young (ChangMin Couple)

Spoiler

Round3Results.png

R O U N D - 3 - E L I M I N A T I O N

Keeping in mind that Round Three was an elimination round, here is the overall rank of each couple, with tallied votes from Round One, Round Two, and Round Three, from first place to last place:

1. Park Bo Gum & Lee Hyeri (SunTaek Couple) [4,169 + 4,528 + 20,451 = 29,148]
2. Kim Jung Hwan & Sung Deok Sun (Gaeddeok Couple) [2,975 + 7,874 + 12,542 = 23,391]
3. Kwak Si Yang & Kim So Yeon (SiSo Couple) [4,799 + 4,821 + 7,151 = 16,771]
4. Lee Jong Hyun & Gong Seung Yeon (GongLee Couple) [4,287 + 2,085 + 1,921 = 8,293]
5. Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo (Spartace Couple) [3,317 + 1,319 + 2,040 = 6,676]
6. Ryu Jun Yeol & Park Bo Gum (YeolGum Couple) [409 + 1,470 + 2,669 = 4,548]
7. Hong Seol & Yoo Jung (Cheesy Couple) [1,480 + 1,267 + 1,797 = 4,544]
8. Jang Wooyoung & Park Se Young (YY Couple) [1,096 + 1,084 + 1,552 = 3,732]
9. Ji Chang Wook & Park Min Young (ChangMin Couple) [1,183 + 616 + 1,540 = 3,339]

We're so sad to see you go, but thank you so much for participating, ChangMin Couple! You gave us really wonderful entries, especially in the fan fiction round! We really enjoyed that and we hope you found exactly what you were looking for by returning this year: a whole lot of fun!

I have to admit though, every couple gave us amazing fanfiction! Some couples we, the shipper mods, are individually more familiar with than others, but all of them struck a chord with us. We're amazed with how in-character the story was and how, even when using same prompts, the stories told can be so vastly different yet enjoyable. Fabulous writing, shippers!

Couples ranking 1 through 8, see you in the final round!

Archived