Discussion | SOOMPIERS IN PARADISE: SHIPPERS' CONTEST 2016

akinahana89

regarding quotes:

is it okay to list it? and will it count as one pharagraph? or do we had to incorporate it into pharagraph? and is it limited to 3 quotes?

ex:

QUOTES:

"quote 1"

"quote 2"

"quote 3"

and on text format. is it okay to use another font and size? ex: font comic sans size 14.

or is there a standart font that we should use?

thx b4

edit: regarding the smash poem, is it limited to only 1? cause kind of hard to decide which one we'd use LOL

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, t4ol33 said:

regarding quotes:

is it okay to list it? and will it count as one pharagraph? or do we had to incorporate it into pharagraph? and is it limited to 3 quotes?

ex:

QUOTES:

"quote 1"

"quote 2"

"quote 3"

and on text format. is it okay to use another font and size? ex: font comic sans size 14.

or is there a standart font that we should use?

thx b4

edit: regarding the smash poem, is it limited to only 1? cause kind of hard to decide which one we'd use LOL

Yes, there is a three quote maximum and as long as the quotes aren't too long (over two sentences each), then it can be listed without counting towards your paragraph limits. If they are long quotes, it'll be counted as a paragraph. 

Using other fonts and sizes are fine.

And yes, just choose one letter set! You're more than welcome to write for additional sets, but only one will count as an entry - whichever one you and your ship submits.

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Hi shippers!! I hope everyone had fun composing their entries for the first round!

I want to, first, apologize about the delay in uploading the voting links. It was my responsibility, but due to an urgent, personal reason (which I won't bore you with!), I got held up and the process became delayed. Rest assured that I will do my best to set up the news article for voting AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. All deadlines, hereafter, will be altered and extended to still give all shippers sufficient time to vote and compose their entries for the next round.

I N F O R M A T I O N - O N - R O U N D - T W O

Round 2: Fan Art

Explanation: 2 examples of fan art (2 originals | 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels maximum). 1 gif per fandom is permissible (600 pixels x 450 pixels | 2 MB maximum).

Original means fanart created solely for the purpose of the Shippers' Contest. No premades allowed. Other than that, please follow all other requirements and go wild with creativity on this themeless fanart round. Show us what you've got!

3 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Explanation: 2 examples of fan art (2 originals | 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels maximum). 1 gif per fandom is permissible (600 pixels x 450 pixels | 2 MB maximum).

Hi, just to double check, when you say 1 gif per fandom is permissible...is it additional to the 2 fanarts (2 fanarts +1 gif) or inclusive in the 2 fanarts (meaning 2 fanarts and 1 of them can be gif)? Thank you for patiently answering questions. :)

39 minutes ago, blame2pm said:

Hi, just to double check, when you say 1 gif per fandom is permissible...is it additional to the 2 fanarts (2 fanarts +1 gif) or inclusive in the 2 fanarts (meaning 2 fanarts and 1 of them can be gif)? Thank you for patiently answering questions. :)

It is inclusive in the two fanarts. ^^

DEAR MODERATOR,

Since there is no info for the news site and voting link as of today, Feb 29, we are quite worried if we actually miss to notice the news somehow. Please confirm for us, has the voting link not yet been available?

Another question: For Round 2's entry date, Mar 1-6, to accommodate the delay in voting of Round 1, please advise if the entry date will be moved to a further date. Therefore, we don't need to submit the Round 2's entries until after the annoucement of the new revised schedule. 

Await for your reply, thank you :) 

43 minutes ago, KalyanaV said:

DEAR MODERATOR,

Since there is no info for the news site and voting link as of today, Feb 29, we are quite worried if we actually miss to notice the news somehow. Please confirm for us, has the voting link not yet been available?

Another question: For Round 2's entry date, Mar 1-6, to accommodate the delay in voting of Round 1, please advise if the entry date will be moved to a further date. Therefore, we don't need to submit the Round 2's entries until after the annoucement of the new revised schedule. 

Await for your reply, thank you :) 

The article with the contest entries and voting poll is currently in the hands of an editor in the news section. We spent a couple of days passing the article back and forth in an effort to polish and edit the contents to meet their requirements, which is why there was an additional delay. I expect the article to be published soon. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience during this time! I'll be sure to post the link here once it has been published!

And yes, all deadlines from this point forward will be altered and extended to reflect the delay of round one's voting article. We will definitely allow everyone a sufficient amount of time in composing their entries for the next round. Please don't worry about that! ^^

A N N O U N C E M E N T

For those who may have missed it, the voting has BEGUN! You can find the article here. Feel free to share on social media and to spread the word! You can vote once every six hours until the deadline, March 6th at 11:59PM KST. (This has been extended from the original March 4th deadline due to the delay in publication.)

You guys all did a FANTASTIC job with your entries! I can't wait to see what Round 2 will have in store for us!

Now get out there and vote, vote, vote! ^^

I N F O R M A T I O N - O N - R O U N D - T W O

Entry Period: 3/7-3/12 (End of Day KST)

Original means fanart created solely for the purpose of the Shippers' Contest. No premades allowed. Other than that, please follow all other requirements and go wild with creativity on this themeless fanart round. Show us what you've got!

6 hours ago, androkia91 said:

Dear moderators, can you explain where and how to vote?

I mean what does it mean that we can vote once every 6 hours and no spamming allowed?

Thank you!

Once you browse through the pages in the article, the last page contains a poll. (There are arrows on the right-hand side for you to move to the next page.) Use that poll to vote, once every six hours. No spam votes means do not create additional Soompi accounts or use any other means to cast more than one vote within the six hour time frame.

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Hello akinahana89,

I was curious if there was a way of tracking the tally of the Shippers Paradise Contest votes?

The Shipper mods are keeping track of the tallies. The numbers will be revealed after the closing of the poll. This gives a more fun and mysterious aura for the contest and does not allow any fandom to feel discouraged for the duration of the voting process if they find that their numbers are not as high as they were hoping it would be.

26 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

The Shipper mods are keeping track of the tallies. The numbers will be revealed after the closing of the poll. This gives a more fun and mysterious aura for the contest and does not allow any fandom to feel discouraged for the duration of the voting process if they find that their numbers are not as high as they were hoping it would be.

Thank you for responding.

I guess we will have to have faith--hard for the non-religious among us.

Critical Thinking in overdrive: Have you made preparation to resolve problems if the numbers are questioned since the tracking is being done out of sight?  We are in election  seasons here so these thought come to mind.

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Thank you for responding.

I guess we will have to have faith--hard for the non-religious among us.

Critical Thinking in overdrive: Have you made preparation to resolve problems if the numbers are questioned since the tracking is being done out of sight?  We are in election  seasons here so these thought come to mind.

LOL I know what you mean about election season. My candidate lost in my state yesterday.

But to answer your question, I will screencap the results directly from the page the poll was set up in. It is difficult to make up numbers and charts with that. Plus, it's also far more work than necessary for something meant for pure fun, like the Shippers' Contest. We're all honest mods here. There's no need to falsify the results. ^^

Archived