Quantcast
Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akinahana89

Discussion | SOOMPIERS IN PARADISE: SHIPPERS' CONTEST 2016

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I had a question on the quotes. So, does that mean 1 quote = 1 paragraph?

We have included our quotes to mean to be the titles/first lines of each of our paragraphs right now. is hat okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GrandPoohBear said:

@akinahana89 Hi.  I want to be sure so not to be left unclear about this: "end of day" deadline means submission is done by 11:59pm on the day of, correct?  Thank you.

 

Exactly. Thanks! ^^

 

9 hours ago, androkia91 said:

Hello,

I had a question on the quotes. So, does that mean 1 quote = 1 paragraph?

We have included our quotes to mean to be the titles/first lines of each of our paragraphs right now. is hat okay?

If the quotes are used as titles or first lines of a paragraph, then that will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

regarding quotes:

is it okay to list it? and will it count as one pharagraph? or do we had to incorporate it into pharagraph? and is it limited to 3 quotes?

ex:

QUOTES:

"quote 1"

"quote 2"

"quote 3"

 

and on text format. is it okay to use another font and size? ex: font comic sans size 14.

or is there a standart font that we should use?

 

thx b4

 

edit: regarding the smash poem, is it limited to only 1? cause kind of hard to decide which one we'd use LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, t4ol33 said:

regarding quotes:

is it okay to list it? and will it count as one pharagraph? or do we had to incorporate it into pharagraph? and is it limited to 3 quotes?

ex:

QUOTES:

"quote 1"

"quote 2"

"quote 3"

 

and on text format. is it okay to use another font and size? ex: font comic sans size 14.

or is there a standart font that we should use?

 

thx b4

 

edit: regarding the smash poem, is it limited to only 1? cause kind of hard to decide which one we'd use LOL

 

Yes, there is a three quote maximum and as long as the quotes aren't too long (over two sentences each), then it can be listed without counting towards your paragraph limits. If they are long quotes, it'll be counted as a paragraph. 

Using other fonts and sizes are fine.

And yes, just choose one letter set! You're more than welcome to write for additional sets, but only one will count as an entry - whichever one you and your ship submits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DEAR MODERATOR,

Please advise link for voting of Round 1, and the rules as well. For the 2nd round's entry, if there is any additional requirement, please also advise us so team can have better preparation. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Moderators!

Thank you so much for all the help you have given so far in clearing our doubts! 

I had another question- when does the voting for Round 1 start and more details on that please?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A N N O U N C E M E N T

Hi shippers!! I hope everyone had fun composing their entries for the first round!

I want to, first, apologize about the delay in uploading the voting links. It was my responsibility, but due to an urgent, personal reason (which I won't bore you with!), I got held up and the process became delayed. Rest assured that I will do my best to set up the news article for voting AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. All deadlines, hereafter, will be altered and extended to still give all shippers sufficient time to vote and compose their entries for the next round.

 

I N F O R M A T I O N - O N - R O U N D - T W O

Round 2: Fan Art

Explanation: 2 examples of fan art (2 originals | 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels maximum). 1 gif per fandom is permissible (600 pixels x 450 pixels | 2 MB maximum).

 

Original means fanart created solely for the purpose of the Shippers' Contest. No premades allowed. Other than that, please follow all other requirements and go wild with creativity on this themeless fanart round. Show us what you've got!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Round 1's marvelous entries!

The upcoming rounds leave me with much anticipation. Good luck to the participating couples! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

Round 2: Fan Art

Explanation: 2 examples of fan art (2 originals | 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels maximum). 1 gif per fandom is permissible (600 pixels x 450 pixels | 2 MB maximum).

 

 

Hi, just to double check, when you say 1 gif per fandom is permissible...is it additional to the 2 fanarts (2 fanarts +1 gif) or inclusive in the 2 fanarts (meaning 2 fanarts and 1 of them can be gif)? Thank you for patiently answering questions. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, blame2pm said:

 

Hi, just to double check, when you say 1 gif per fandom is permissible...is it additional to the 2 fanarts (2 fanarts +1 gif) or inclusive in the 2 fanarts (meaning 2 fanarts and 1 of them can be gif)? Thank you for patiently answering questions. :)

 

It is inclusive in the two fanarts. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GrandPoohBear said:

@akinahana89 Can fanart have a header with description, the way it was allowed for smash poems?  Thank you.

 

Yes, that will be acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DEAR MODERATOR,

Since there is no info for the news site and voting link as of today, Feb 29, we are quite worried if we actually miss to notice the news somehow. Please confirm for us, has the voting link not yet been available?

Another question: For Round 2's entry date, Mar 1-6, to accommodate the delay in voting of Round 1, please advise if the entry date will be moved to a further date. Therefore, we don't need to submit the Round 2's entries until after the annoucement of the new revised schedule. 

Await for your reply, thank you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, KalyanaV said:

DEAR MODERATOR,

Since there is no info for the news site and voting link as of today, Feb 29, we are quite worried if we actually miss to notice the news somehow. Please confirm for us, has the voting link not yet been available?

Another question: For Round 2's entry date, Mar 1-6, to accommodate the delay in voting of Round 1, please advise if the entry date will be moved to a further date. Therefore, we don't need to submit the Round 2's entries until after the annoucement of the new revised schedule. 

Await for your reply, thank you :) 

 

The article with the contest entries and voting poll is currently in the hands of an editor in the news section. We spent a couple of days passing the article back and forth in an effort to polish and edit the contents to meet their requirements, which is why there was an additional delay. I expect the article to be published soon. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience during this time! I'll be sure to post the link here once it has been published!

And yes, all deadlines from this point forward will be altered and extended to reflect the delay of round one's voting article. We will definitely allow everyone a sufficient amount of time in composing their entries for the next round. Please don't worry about that! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..thanks for conceptualizing the shippers contest.. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear moderators, can you explain where and how to vote?

I mean what does it mean that we can vote once every 6 hours and no spamming allowed?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello akinahana89,

I was curious if there was a way of tracking the tally of the Shippers Paradise Contest votes?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A N N O U N C E M E N T

For those who may have missed it, the voting has BEGUN! You can find the article here. Feel free to share on social media and to spread the word! You can vote once every six hours until the deadline, March 6th at 11:59PM KST. (This has been extended from the original March 4th deadline due to the delay in publication.)

You guys all did a FANTASTIC job with your entries! I can't wait to see what Round 2 will have in store for us!

Now get out there and vote, vote, vote! ^^

I N F O R M A T I O N - O N - R O U N D - T W O

Round 2: Fan Art
Entry Period: 3/7-3/12 (End of Day KST)

Explanation: 2 examples of fan art (2 originals | 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels maximum). 1 gif per fandom is permissible (600 pixels x 450 pixels | 2 MB maximum).

Original means fanart created solely for the purpose of the Shippers' Contest. No premades allowed. Other than that, please follow all other requirements and go wild with creativity on this themeless fanart round. Show us what you've got!

 

6 hours ago, androkia91 said:

Dear moderators, can you explain where and how to vote?

I mean what does it mean that we can vote once every 6 hours and no spamming allowed?

Thank you!

 

Once you browse through the pages in the article, the last page contains a poll. (There are arrows on the right-hand side for you to move to the next page.) Use that poll to vote, once every six hours. No spam votes means do not create additional Soompi accounts or use any other means to cast more than one vote within the six hour time frame.

2 hours ago, hushhh said:

Hello akinahana89,

I was curious if there was a way of tracking the tally of the Shippers Paradise Contest votes?

 

 

The Shipper mods are keeping track of the tallies. The numbers will be revealed after the closing of the poll. This gives a more fun and mysterious aura for the contest and does not allow any fandom to feel discouraged for the duration of the voting process if they find that their numbers are not as high as they were hoping it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...