[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

age is just a number as long as you love and respect each other. we are all equal in the eye of our Lord so lets enjoy our life and continue supporting our SS couple and ignored the people hated SHK most and im pretty sure Kyo is enjoying her life now we can see that the way she smile so let's be happy chill smile and read the post of our good friend from this thread.......

I can't find a YT link, in case someone has YT please upload it so that more people can see it. I only have a naver link 

송혜교, 동료배우들도 인정한 천사 여배우

Song Hye Kyo, an Angel Actress recognised by other actors.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/847883

Always considerate and always looking after others, SHK. She gets complimented by the two men in the video - the first said she is a kind and charming junior who is also a filial daughter who is always worrying about her mother and the other says that she's really pretty, her heart ...she's like a real life angel. Everything about her is like an angel.

Lastly the reporter says she takes care of everyone around her and  interviews the owner of the restaurant, the owner said the number of people expected was around 7o but 120-130 people turned up and SHK personally went to each table taking care of everyone, pouring drinks for each table. The reporter asks,  "It was reported that SJK paid for the treat on the 1st?". The owner says," Half -half -  SHK paid half and SJK paid for the other half. Their managers made the payment on their behalf. "

6 hours ago, joongkyo said:

Oh that was just some rambling on my part, don't worry you didn't miss anything :) but I'll be deleting most of my posts since there is a certain section of people on this thread who make it a point to throw shade at my posts but at the same time are obsessed with reading my posts.

Being shady is the easiest thing to do.....I'd like to see you contribute something meaningful,  in the mean time I'm also going to lurk just to see how much they contribute in terms on actual content.

Don't worry - if you people can throw shade, I can do it much better. 

OMG PLEASE DON'T DELETE. I STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO BACKREAD.

PLEASE LET ME READ YOUR OLD POSTS TT_________TT

Still backreading on page 292 and before that.

Please. I'm begging you.

Fellow shippers, 

Just have the spare time to write, Since we're supposed to be more careful regarding our smooth sailing ship, and to lie low in speculating, may I share my perspective over the top three dramas so far among international audiences in 2016, namely, Signal, R1988, and DoTS? I really hope it doesn't have to be moved to the drama thread, because I write it in relation to SS. 

- These three dramas are actually very different its like comparing grapes to oranges when people tried to draw a comparison over them. Signal and R1988 to me has a similarities, i.e., the plot and story itself were strong and solid, with the former is slightly better than the latter. They have quite diverse, and interesting facets of stories to unfold, and message to bear. Although the three dramas portrayed different slices of life and conflict, I could say that they excelled in their own respective range. However, the difference with DoTS was that Signal and R1988 were plot-driven dramas. The actors in Signal were without doubt great -some were veterans and well-seasoned actors after all-, however, its the story itself that shone the most for me, i.e., the plot was very tightly and neatly written. R1988 on the other hand, has younger casts as their main characters, some were clearly talented, some still have to prove themselves more, but it was ensemble, and again, its the story itself -the heartwarming ensemble of fond memories of past - that really left the mark in my heart. 

- And here comes the big difference for me in DoTS. As some have acknowledged, it was not the best written plot out there, it has some questionable plot holes/logic flaws which brought the "should-could-would" thought to its viewers. Although it was pretty well in cinematography, some still said its just fluffy and not meaty enough etc etc; however, as the writer, director, and actors themselves said, it was, first, and foremost, a romance drama. The central plot was simple yet realistic, a love story between a doctor and a soldier and the obstacles that they have to get through to find it; and no one can deny that the love story of DoTS was indeed very well written, very memorable, mature, sweet, refreshing, addictive, engaging; one that'll stay with you for a very, very long time. Everything happens for a reason. That is why it deserves the ratings and popularity it gains till today. 

However, what brings the romance alive the most in DoTS for me were really the actors, mainly SS pair. The actors carried the plot and the story very well, we could relate to their emotions and its many stages and shapes very well instantly. SJK was the perfect choice to portray the humorous, cheeky, but extremely capable and thoughtful Capt.YSJ, and boy, how he made the role its own. No one could portray and embrace all aspects of his personality as well as him. We could feel his instant attraction to KMY, his frustration over her multiple rejections, his desire to protect people, his pride over military world, his fear of losing friend and lover, his anger, his heartbroken over making a very difficult decision, etc. And SHK was outstanding in portraying KMY and her journey to find her true self as a doctor and a woman, and love. She was so quirky, feisty, yet lovable and adorkable sometimes. We have to admit that we were very tempted to smile when she smiled, laughed when she laughed, as well as cringed, embarassed, happy, sad, longed, shocked, missed her lover like crazy -altogether with her-, and our heart ached witnessing her pulling herself through her misery - yet, sometimes, the crack in her armor was exposed -when she was alone or with her closest friend. 

It is insulting to the writers and director capability to say that it merely the actors who pulled the drama and propelled it to its recent height of fame, but we have to admit that the actors played major role in its immense success. While the script itself was refreshing, its their interpretation and acting that translate that refreshing script into a very -very refreshing characters and drama.    Even their ad-libs added more colorful nuances to the drama. I think thats why, SS deserve the proper recognition for their acting ability, romance, and popularity as well, i.e. Daesang/Baeksang/whatever prize in the store for best actor/actress, best couple, best kiss, and so on. 

---------

On the ligher note, just for lighten the mood, below are my take/imaginary dialogue upon the interviews/lines from the actors and drama: 

- "Hye-kyo sshi and I..." -SJK, HK PC 

Me: Awww....constantly referring to her name and mention it with yours, you like to say it them so much, SJK-sshi? 

- "SJK was one of a kind actor, with the long and tiring schedule of filming and difficult scene, some might loose their cool, but not SJK." - SHK, recent interview

Me: How can he loose his cool and become irritated when he had his very own sunshine and starlight by his side the whole filming time? Can't you really see the reason why, SHK-sshi? 

- "How can such woman become mine?" - YSJ, shipwrecked scene ep.16

Awww....is that you speaking, SJK-sshi? 

- "My gf is always right..." - SJK, Seoul FM 

Me: Awww....is that the reason you are surrounded by the persons she knows well, SJK-sshi? And you do look very sharp nowadays its not fair for the mere mortals. 

- "I love you, its a question. " - YSJ, shipwrecked scene ep.16 

Me:  Pleasee..,the giggle just give you away, SJK-sshi! Don't be to transparent! (While smiling and aww-ing like a lunatic) 

- The beautiful face just before kissing YSJ - KMY, on truck ep.9 

KMY: "My love...here I come..can't hold it anymore...." (Meellltiing....) 

- The whole doll-scene 

YSJ: "Can I pinch your cheek, and squeeze you, and kiss you, and hug you...and....and...'losing sanity in front of that 100-watt smile- '"

- "Over SJK's FM songs choice and the song he showed PBG" - articles 

Me: Why do I feel guilty into looking at your innermost feeling this clearly??? While smiling, squeeing, daydreaming incessantly about SS 

- "SJK and I have similar personality.." 

Me: Don't you say you like man who resembles your personality, SHK-sshi? Birds of similar feathers flock together. 

- "We met at the TWTB set in 2013, then we bumped several times at cafes after that..." -SHK, Elle interview 

Me: Yes, really, please give us more honest interviews SHK-sshi! We'd lo ve to know the detail! 

- *YSJ lightly bite his lower lips while looking lovingly at the gorgeous KMY* - ramen scene, ep. 10

YSJ:  "You.are.so....cute...I can't even...." Falling even more deeper into her charms 

- "I'd like to take my time to get to know him better." -SHK about SJK, HK intview

Me: You really are very honest, SHK-sshi, please, take your whole life time and spend it wisely. (In my country/culture, such statement is a dead giveaway for a couple-to-be/new couple. But again, every country has its own, and it might be perceived differently for Koreans). 

- "Everything about you is charming." -SHK to SJK, HK intview 

Me: Awww....(collect myself). Amen." 

- "We are blessed to meet each other." - Opening of Soompi thread. 

Me: So are we, SS, can we just proceed to the ceremony now? 

- Every SJK and SHK scene together in DoTS BTS. 

Me: Copy all of your reactions in this thread while listening in my head, 

"Anyone who's seen us 

Knows whats going on between us 

It doesn't take a genius 

To read between the lines 

and its not just wishful thinking 

or only me whos dreaming

I know what these are symptoms of

we could be in love " (an old song of Lea Salonga and Brad Kane) 

------

Special thanks to joongkyo for the translation and article about honorifics use for Korean and how much its extent of influence, it was really informative for me, and solidify the sailing of this ship further I don't need any other confirmation until its proven otherwise. Also thank you very much for everyone for your contribution of awesome pics and translations, insights, gifs, and thoughts, can't mention everyone in detail but you know I owe you all. 

------

Can't help to write that, I think we are very lucky to ship two gorgeous individuals who are beautiful inside out. At first I was interested in their chemistry and compatibility as actors and in their heavenly looks, but reading thru this thread about their personalities, I realize that I ship them now because of their beautiful souls. Please be happy together, SS. As for any crazy rumors, I remember one great line from The Producer, I think it was something along these lines: 

"That hatred/gossip is like poisonous arrows (irresponsible) people throw to your feet, 

It is up to you to ignore them or to pierce your heart with it.." 

Means that if SS, and us all, choose not let pierce our hearts with the arrows, it wont. Some said, 

"People might say whatever they want, but just do not let anyone define you, define yourselves. "

------

As for the recent fan-war, I believe SS shippers here are very mature, and know that reciprocate immaturity will drag us down to those other petty individuals level and because they are already expert in being petty, they will win. Lets keep our cool and spread positivity and love to SHK and SJK. I think its ok to reply sometimes to them just to straighten false accusation, just not let ourselves get too immersed with their hatred. Go, go, SS and the shippers! Full steam! 

---

I'm really sorry for the long post. 

33 minutes ago, joongkyo said:

I can't find a YT link, in case someone has YT please upload it so that more people can see it. I only have a naver link 

송혜교, 동료배우들도 인정한 천사 여배우

Song Hye Kyo, an Angel Actress recognised by other actors.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/847883

Always considerate and always looking after others, SHK. She gets complimented by the two men in the video - the first said she is a kind and charming junior who is also a filial daughter who is always worrying about her mother and the other says that she's really pretty, her heart ...she's like a real life angel. Everything about her is like an angel.

Thanks for sharing the article. "...she's like a real life angel." This statement warms my heart. I'm so proud to be her fan. :heart:  

Lol.. she upload photo bts on eps 16 right? When YSJ is back from the dead and hug her.. you can see the director's hand is like direct when thay hugged? Why SHK upload this picture lol! ( and she is on the holiday ) Make me delulu again, is she miss someone hug right now? Its so cute lol!

You know what I love even more than the fact that she posted SJK's picture!?

The fact that those crazies told her to remove those 3 pictures with SJK and now she's gone ahead and added one more picture!!!!! SHK showing antis what she thinks of them trying to bully her...lol ! 

SS couple!!! :wub:

SHK when she sees them haters.

@joongkyo I'm surprised that you have deleted your post, but I still have that on my tablet screen as I was rushing off to work this morning and I didn't really logout from my account.. haha..Just want to thank you for dropping so many interesting posts and I'm really amazed by your great analyzing skills.  Since this is a place where all shippers can voice out their opinion, there is actually no right or wrong answer. You write your views based on your own observation and that is really awesome! Others who know the actors' personality better may not agree to some points you have stated, but that doesn't mean you are wrong 'cos...in fact... none of us know the truth except those people themselves...In the end all of us are just making 'guesses' so you really don't have to delete your post...

Hope you (and other shippers as well) can continue to drop more great interesting posts so that newbies like me can understand this couple better! Looking at everybody's posts, analysis and opinion really made my day!

Archived