[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this year's popularity award is voted the same way as last year's, then it will be through an Android app and fans would have to purchase points to vote (maximum of 20 votes per day).  Here are more info regarding how to vote (please note this is for 2015)

https://jyj3.net/2015/04/24/tutorial-how-to-vote-jaejoong-or-yuchun-for-male-popularity-award-in-tv-or-movie-category-in-2015-baeksang-arts-awards/

More info about the popularity vote:

Baeksang Awards is the annual major award ceremony for Korean movies and Korean dramas, established and presented by IS Plus Corp. Dramas aired between 1 April 2014 – 31 March 2015 across multiple channels (big three channels and cable channels) are eligible to be nominated. Last year’s nominations in drama category were quite questionable but surprisingly this year’s nominations are decent. I look forward to Baeksang this year, hoping the most deserving winners will take home the award.

Like what happened in the past, the most popular actors & actresses categories are very competitive with most leading actors & actresses are nominated. I was on holiday when the nominations were released few days ago so I didn’t know if the organizer added more names into the mix like last year. The organizer is known for milking fans’ money, many fans have boycotted voting in this category in the past, opting to donate the money to charity instead. As far as I know, fans can only vote a maximum of 20 votes per day (per account) – 20 votes = 4000 points = 4000 ₩ + 10%. Voting can be done through Baeksang Awards voting app on Android.

http://beatuscorner.com/51st-baeksang-awards-nominations-tv/

Last year they also added the "iQiyi Star Award".  If they keep this category for this year, SJK and SHK will have a good chance of winning this award because DotS was exclusively aired on iQiyi.

Actress Song Hye Kyo‘s problem with the jewelry brand J. Estina is causing quite a stir. The actress sued J. Estina on the 27th last month for violation of portrait rights. Apparently, the brand had used scenes from the drama “Descendants of the Sun” for marketing purposes without permission. J. Estina claims all actions were within the lines of contract. Now they are headed for court.

While this matter is in heated argument, Production Company NEW which is responsible for “Descendants of the Sun” is now picking on J. Estina’s violation of copyright because J. Estina used scenes from the drama without permission. NEW claims it will make sure their rights aren’t damaged in any way. The conflict between Song Hye Kyo and J. Estina is now even more complicated with NEW’s new issue.    

Song Hye Kyo could’ve actually avoided the dispute over her image rights. “Descendants of the Sun” was 100% pre-produced. The props used in the drama were pre-prepared and so were the sponsored items. The contract between Song Hye Kyo and J. Estina ended in January this year after the drama was completed. The drama went on air in February. There was plenty of time to discuss this matter and it was the production’s fault for not having noticed this issue earlier.

As for the peacemaker, NEW failed. NEW signed a booking contract with Song Hye Kyo and a sponsorship contract with J. Estina. Currently, Song Hye Kyo and J. Estina aren’t on contract terms. NEW should’ve signed an agreement with both sides when the matter began to rise. NEW should’ve been the one to hold the ground between the other two but instead it jumped in the fight too.

NEW should focus on mending terms with both sides. It’s never too late to bring up the copyright issue later.

Song_Hye_Kyo_03_00.jpg?resize=1000%2C523

25 minutes ago, hclover96 said:

If this year's popularity award is voted the same way as last year's, then it will be through an Android app and fans would have to purchase points to vote (maximum of 20 votes per day).  Here are more info regarding how to vote (please note this is for 2015)

https://jyj3.net/2015/04/24/tutorial-how-to-vote-jaejoong-or-yuchun-for-male-popularity-award-in-tv-or-movie-category-in-2015-baeksang-arts-awards/

More info about the popularity vote:

Baeksang Awards is the annual major award ceremony for Korean movies and Korean dramas, established and presented by IS Plus Corp. Dramas aired between 1 April 2014 – 31 March 2015 across multiple channels (big three channels and cable channels) are eligible to be nominated. Last year’s nominations in drama category were quite questionable but surprisingly this year’s nominations are decent. I look forward to Baeksang this year, hoping the most deserving winners will take home the award.

Like what happened in the past, the most popular actors & actresses categories are very competitive with most leading actors & actresses are nominated. I was on holiday when the nominations were released few days ago so I didn’t know if the organizer added more names into the mix like last year. The organizer is known for milking fans’ money, many fans have boycotted voting in this category in the past, opting to donate the money to charity instead. As far as I know, fans can only vote a maximum of 20 votes per day (per account) – 20 votes = 4000 points = 4000 ₩ + 10%. Voting can be done through Baeksang Awards voting app on Android.

http://beatuscorner.com/51st-baeksang-awards-nominations-tv/

Last year they also added the "iQiyi Star Award".  If they keep this category for this year, SJK and SHK will have a good chance of winning this award because DotS was exclusively aired on iQiyi.

Thanks for the info @hclover96, quick question when does the voting end?

Will be voting everyday ^_^ i might just have to concentrate my votes on SHK (sorry SJK, i'm a poor grad student and would probably be eating ramen for the rest of the month, you know i'd vote for you as well if I was rollin in cash right? :sweatingbullets:)

edited: the new app must not be out yet :mellow:...

43 minutes ago, Ur_Imja said:

thanks for quoting me ^_*

btw, I do not say that SHK won't win. please edit ur comment. it's not about my logic here. I write it's about "what I feel." and it's not opinion. can u differentiate it? I do not like if people explain what I say when I don't say it. so please.. :)

and if u love KMY's characther, me too :) let's just say I am doubting about the characther it self as an ward material not about how lovely it's characther. and it's not about SHK's acting. well, we'll see. I want her win of course and I love the way SHK's potraying it. if u get my point. I am just get a bit nervous. arasso. because we are here all not the judge. she was so incredible in TWTWB potraying the blind OY. but she doesn't get baeksang. I am getting nervous because I don't know about judging system in baeksang. thaks

Your feeling is your opinion, is it not? Or are you saying that your sixth sense is telling you that KMY's character is some sort of an impediment for Kyo to win the award?.I also don't get why you're asking me to edit my comment because I responded to your original comment. You said "your feeling" which anyone would construe to be your opinion. If you want me to edit my post then I suggest you edit your original post first since that is the cause for confusion. 

And again, this award will be given based on SHK's acting and not based on KMY's character. What does her loss for TWTWB have to do with her chances for winning for DOTS?. If we hear news that SHK will attend then I am sure that she will win an award, otherwise Baeksang will be salty and not give her the award for not attending. It's as simple as that.

@Chewy Hoe SHK will be extremely elated if she were to win Baeksang, it's an extremely prestigious award in S.Korea. If some SHK fans refuse to back SHK then that's our (Kyonatics) loss and not SHK's loss. But, like you - I am very disappointed in some fans.

@Chewy Hoe I think if kyo wins .  She will definitely be very happy and  cry.. it means a lot to her. . Its been 20 years. . She's been sidestepped over and over for a baeksang... Shes always gone for different genres and different roles.. even small  parts in hkg / china movies.. which she spends months to years filming just for 10 min airtime.. if that doesnt show passion and love for acting.. i dont know what does... so i really doubt real acting awards like baeksang  doesn't matter to her ;)

we know Kyo may be  ' ending ' her career soon..20 years is a long time .   she said at TWTWB she thought that would be her last and then for DOTS. . She thought that as well.  If she settles down. .she will.prob concentrate on building a family first 

KI however is just climbing up in his career and he will go much much further. . Besides he is younger and is male .. so in a way.. he will have many chances along the way as a male actor ..their  lifespan in acting is longer .. of course I still hope he wins .. :)

Ki won't hate you even if you're more worried Abt kyo.. he will love you even  more.  Cos I'm sure he prob wants as much.  If not even more. . That kyo finally gets recognition ..  I may be delulu but  thats what I suspect ;)

So shippers who love them both.. please let us help by voting with whatever means we have for BOTH in the popularity awards .. it will mean a lot to BOTH of them if they or their other half wins.. such is true love. . Yes ??

Let's sit tight and wait to see how we can help.  Hopefully it's as clover says.. through an android app 

Lol ... if SHK & SJK walk down the red carpet together, they already own the award night. Photographers will trample over themselves to get their pic. They will rock the award show and caused an earth shattering bang in SK and across the globe.

It will also be a night of stars being awe star struck with each other. So I don't think they will show up together unless their agencies wants them to.

48 minutes ago, Chewy Hoe said:

unless SHK don't care for such awards then I rest my case. Anyone who knows her better can advise so I don't have to fret for her anymore

for SJK I am not expecting him to get best actor like I said earlier even though he is my bias because of who he is up against and and am not sure if he can even get the popularity too because anyone can vote for anyone to win
i have been very very fair in all my statements even though I am SJK bias because as you can see I want SHK to win in all!!! Because she stand a better chance !!! I am begining to think I am becoming more of a SHK bias already!! 

@Chewy Hoe, sorry to cut your post, but I would like to offer my thoughts on SHK attending this year's Baeksang.  Given Kyo's past track record of attending awards ceremonies in the past few years, if she only wins the popularity award and not an 'acting' award, then I think the chances of her showing up at the awards ceremony will be very slim.  She has won a Baeksang popularity award already before in 2001 for Autumn in My Heart.  This is just my opinion though.  She may surprise us all and show up at the ceremony arm in arm with SJK (my delusional thinking), lol.

Here are some beautiful pics of SJK to cheer you up :)

69dbddb1gw1f3gtrmx8vbj21hc0u0wil.jpg69dbddb1gw1f3gtric9iaj21hc0u0n3c.jpg69dbddb1gw1f3gtrgcja3j21hc0u0jxp.jpg

Spoiler

69dbddb1gw1f3gtrgl6qrj21hc0u0dmh.jpg69dbddb1gw1f3gtrzjew9j21hc0u0n58.jpg69dbddb1gw1f3gtrtppqnj21hc0u0af6.jpg69dbddb1gw1f3gts4qvq9j21hc0u0n3c.jpg69dbddb1gw1f3gs13mln2j21hc0u0tep.jpg

cr to weibo

4 minutes ago, Ur_Imja said:

whatever. hey.. I appreciate all ur contributions to this thread and I love some posts. but I don't like the way u talking in these harsh-down-way to me or perhaps it's just me getting a bit sensitive. am I hurting u or something? I don't want to get into debate in anyone if they don't even understand what I say. thank you.

Huh?. How am I being harsh?. You posted something and I merely commented to your post. And I don't think I am talking down to you, I only asked that if you think I should edit my post then please also edit your first post because that's what caused the confusion in the first place.

Of course you're not hurting me. 

just a suggestion..please don't take it against me. 

if you really want  SJK/SHG  to win popularity award i suggest to focus on one of them (bcoz there is only one winner,right?). but SS shippers should talk about it first like discuss whatever tactics you have on your mind then decide.:phew:

@hclover96 that's why I said I really want her to win in everything even in popularity. Even if she is getting JUST popularity awards and does not even show up, It's going to be just SURREAL for me to see or even hear the name Song Hye Kyo!! 

This is just how much I am suspecting myself to become a Kyo bias already and I am getting all hot and bothered for Kyo because for 20 years of her life dedicated to acting and she doesn't get any bakseang in her lifetime. It would be a DISS to her!!! 

this is how I am feeling now and I would not bring up this topic ever again

1 minute ago, SandSLiMssshipper said:

if you really want  SJK/SHG  to win popularity award i suggest to focus on one of them (bcoz there is only one winner,right?). but SS shippers should talk about it first like discuss whatever tactics you have on your mind then decide.:phew:

There is a male winner and a female winner, so we don't have to choose one. I think anyone voting should vote for both of them or not vote at all.

16 minutes ago, Ur_Imja said:

whatever. hey.. I appreciate all ur contributions to this thread and I love some posts. but I don't like the way u talking in these harsh-down-way to me or perhaps it's just me getting a bit sensitive. am I hurting u or something? I don't want to get into debate in anyone if they don't even understand what I say. thank you.

Well, I understand what you said, but I don't agree with you.  You are suggesting Mo Yeon is a detriment to SHK winning an award, when it's actually the complete opposite seeing as she was the character with the most growth and development throughout DoTS.  SHK had to portray the most range in emotions throughout the drama when comparing her character to anyone else.  From being cute, to being materialistic, to being a team leader in charge of a disaster and playing a believable doctor, to being kidnapped and afraid,  to being brave and fearless in the face to danger, to being a sometimes jealous, but most of the time loving girlfriend, to being someone who mourned the loss of the love of her life and made the audience mourn with her.... I'm sure you get my point. Nobody else had to show so many sides throughout 16 episodes than SHK did. To say her character is not worthy of an award is simply wrong.  In the end, DoTS ended up being more her story than anything. 

Keep your negativity to yourself.  

Omg! SJK is drop dead gorgeous in this Forenco's BTS/teaser clip. After you watch it, your jaw must've dropped already, kindly put it back in place! Hahaha. 

I would have to agree with @joongkyo and @melissala. Best actress awards will be based solely on the acting capability of the actress portraying the character of the story/drama. The actress' acting will be responsible for the persona of the character for which the director or the scriptwriter are hoping & trying to convey to the story. In my opinion, KMY's character has wide array of personality and just as such, the character itself is a complex one. I know some would agree, moreover, SHK did a stellar acting  performance in delivering, not the dialogues/lines because it is already given, but conceptualizing a non-existent person and giving life to it, she really did an excellent job. She grasped and understood what was needed to build the character well that any individual can relate and identify themselves in to her on-screen persona. Even all genres, she was able to act well be it on a comedic skit, cry me a river drama, suspense antics and so on. She was nominated first, in that aspect alone, people behind the nomination knew that there were more than a potential acting performance of SHK in this category. Being nominated is already the best recognition - SHK being recognized of her acting prowess! 

guys win or lose we are still on the ship of SS Couple because being nominated in such an prestigious award it's already an honor for both of them so let's us congratulate them for being nominated and let us wait for the big night,this is the event that the people all over the world is waiting for, im pretty sure all the eyes of the people in awards night are focus on both of them. i hope they will attend and both of them are walking on the red carpet ,The SS Couple on the red carpet wow dream cometrue. i believe all of them deserve to win.i hope SHK and SJK will win because they are great in that drama and the drama is Daebak and there acting are superb so guys let's wait for the night that are we waiting for chil and l stay cool guys 

3 minutes ago, Ur_Imja said:

it's just as u don't understand what I say  as I am saying u ar talking down to me and u feel it is not. who will explain it between us?

Well, if you use words like "harsh-talking down to me" then you make it seem like I am personally attacking you (which I didn't!) when all I did was ask you to edit your former post and then I too shall edit my post. I don't think there is any further explanation needed?

I would rather we discuss more important things like the Baeksang than squabble with each other. :)

Archived