[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@joongkyo Thank you for providing the third translation! It's something amusing to read while on my lunch break :) It's pretty fun trying to guess the people based on your descriptions. LOL.

And to some here who are curious about the specific actors/actresses being discussed, please just PM someone---anyone---on here. I understand your interest, but there's no need to create a post asking someone to PM them to tell them who's who. For others, it's unnecessary to be scrolling down through pages of these requests. Just take the initiative and contact someone. Thanks! :)

PART IV

Beauty 2  - Member of Korea's original girl group.

Beauty 3 - Actress who is now married to a soccer player. 

Female MC says SHK is so gorgeous, she's sure she must have also been beautiful as a child.  The last Reporter says that SHK's school was famous for it's *3 beauties* - SHK , Beauty 2 and Beauty 3.  Reporter 2 reveals that she went to the same school and everyone gasps in surprise. She calls SHK her sunbae (meaning she is younger) and Actor P exclaims - "you're younger!?" and she gets hurt, says she is younger to SHK. So there were two groups in the school (I think it's an activity group) and people in the school were recruited based on the popularity of the Beauties. Reporter 1 asks her who was prettier in school. 

Reporter 2 says " I'm not lying..I'm not fibbing". Everyone laughs at the choice of her words

"When you saw in totality...Beauty 3 was prettier than SHK". Nobody believes her and Reporter 3 says " SHK was so beautiful in school that boys from other schools used to come to see SHK, she was beautiful to that extent ". She adds that  "SHK won the DAESANG prize for modelling in school uniforms back in 1996, one can only imagine for a 16 year old to be that beautiful that she won a Daesang on her debut..so yeah, the best in beauty" .

(BEST PART!) Then Mr. Bald says "You said Beauty 3 was considered more beautiful? ..so that was in High School?." Reporter 2 "that's right". Mr. Bald says "Excuse me, but I know girls in High School...we all know how b***chy you all are (rofl!) " (Reporter 2 is soon embarrassed) "Beauty 3 is the kinds that you all wouldn't mind complimenting but SHK is the kinds who is pretty, beautiful , cute and adorable so out of envy and jealousy other girls will never admit that she's the better one" (HIS EXPRESSIONS ARE AMAZING!)

Mr. P (lol, he's ever bit the fan...he always know what to say) "And the men would...?" ... Mr. Bald "Without a question, men would choose SHK..there is no doubt!". Mr. P says SHK was super pretty even in her first drama Soompoong Clinic and even then she had perfect skin (meaning no treatments or enhancements were needed). Reporter 1 says that SHK never got any treatment for her skin during her 20s and only went to the dermatologist's office after she turned 30.

At this point everyone turns to Reporter 6 and says, you said you had an exclusive scoop about cosmetic treatment received by SHK!. Tell us!.

Reporter 6 says when SHK was cast for Soompoong ..*everyone waits!* she received dental treatment (LOL!).

Next Issue  - SHK earned money for her mother? 

Male MC says he's confused, why does she need to earn money for her mother?. Reporter6 says " I've heard that SHK's parents got a divorce when she was very young. Since then SHK's mother raised SHK with a lot of love, because of that love and care - SHK always felt a sense of duty(?) " (Aww...Mr. Bald looks like he's about to cry).

He continues to say that in the past many actresses's mothers would travel with their daughters acting like managers but he's only met SHK's mom once or twice (I swear, SHK'm mom's description sounds just like KMY's mom!)

Reporter 2 says "SHK earned/cared mother for her mother because ever since she was young,it's only been the two of them (who have each other) ..wouldn't all of us here be able to understand/identify with that? " . Reporter in checks says " SHK...ive heard used to live in Daegu in the past?". Reporter 6 says that's right, they moved to Seoul later... reporter in checks says "where did they move to?"  and Reporter 6 says "Gangnam (super rich place) " ..so Reporter in checks looks surprised considering how he thought they would be undergoing financial hardships . Reporter 2 says " While the parents got divorces, their ties to the grandfather didn't break and he paid for SHK's education etc, " . The grandfather during an interview even said " I have a lot of reasons to be sorry towards SHK and her mom" (aww....grand daddy sound like as sweet heart!).

Reporter in checks is still being an assssssss and says how is it possible to be close to him and not have ties with the father? Reporter 2 says "in the past SHK would call her father but not so often..these days we hear that things have become better and they keep in touch more often than in the past"

Male MC , the last movie that SHK did - I've heard that SHK's role is very close to her mother's story in real life?! Which was the reason that SHK did the movie. is it true?

Reporter 2 , yes - SHK's mom met the dad when she was 17, and had SHK when she was 18. Which is why the two of them are more like friends . Reporter 1 says that when SH K won the Daesang prize when she was 16 (which would make Mom about 34) people there said that SHK's mom was even more beautiful than her daughter (yay!!!!. SHK's mommy!!) . Male MC "in that case , she must have been extremely beautiful ". Reporter 6, "It's true, if my memory serves me correct her mother was extremely beautiful" 

Male Mc shares that Staff around stars are good source of gossip about actors and actresses real personality . What he;s heard about SHK has been amazingly good things . Last reporter says usually when a star and manager part ways you get to hear all the ugly truths and he spoke to SHK's old manager but to his surprise - even the old manager only spoke good things about SHK.

The reporters share stories about some actresses being such nightmares that they send their staff out at midnight to buy them pizza but SHK is someone who tries to lessen the load on her staff at all times and is extremely considerate, 

Finally they come to the topic of houses  - SHK has bought properties for her mom and herself that are so close (basically like living together) that the male Mc is surprised and wonders if SHK doesn't mind the fact that she would have no privacy from her (mom).

Last reporter shares that SHK's mom is very important to SHK , and there was a time in the past when SHK's ex boyfriend (Mr. Airplane) wanted her to marry him but SHK didn't want to and was too burdened by his attention, another reason was also because she didn't want to leave her mother behind (AWWWWW!)

Reporter 1 talks about SHK's apartment in NYC Manhattan and continues to say that was a big issue regarding the apartment in NYC because a son of an extremely rich (Chaebol) also bought an apartment at the same time in the same building, rumours circulated that they were planning to get married to one another (so turns out it wasn't true).  Suddenly Mr. Bald adds that once when he was in NYC he saw this gorgeous and cute girl walking with her friends and he did a double take and it was SHK, she came to him and greeted him (Oppa, you're here in NYC?) and he can still remember that loveable image of SHK, it's a memory that he still remembers to this day. [ROFL....HE TOTALLY DIVERTED THE TOPIC! I LOVE HIM!]

SHOW ENDS~

@joongkyo... once again, many thanks for sharing the translation.

The relationships between shk and her mother is lovely to read...

Notable mention : 
Mr Bald totally trumps Reporter 1, he is awesome. 

2 hours ago, nino_chan38 said:

Thanks again @joongkyo for the translation!

Here the link of Entertainment Weekly eng sub talked about SHK's 20 years career  and some part about Songsong couple (min 20-32)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXiZtZKSItc

Thanks for this! I looove how they paid homage to SHK and her solid 20 year career! There's no doubt she's still up there, a top star. No doubt that she is a Hallyu star! She totally earned it and because she is just amazing with her craft and it shows! I love this episode! Almost 60% are about SHK, SJK and DOTS! KBS seems to love our SHK and I am happy that she is rewarded with great but short tribute!! Btw, I especially love the segment when they put videos of SJK and SHK side by side and showed how similar their life story was, one way or the other! HA! Thanks for sharing. 

Again, thank you @joongkyo for your hardwork and translations! Love Mr. Bald-Head before because he is just plain hilarious, but I love him even more because of this discussion. He is so bias and I can't blame him! Hahaha! However, I know his intention is genuine because he knows SHK in person and in real life as he mentioned. I am glad to know that there are more than a few people whether it be a fellow people from the industry or what not that admires her and still protects her, even clear her name from those evil detractors! 

Hi everybody....it's my first time to be in soompi forum...and first time ever shipping an actress and actor together...many thanks @ joongkyo who translate about shk life...it's a beautiful story about her whole life...i remember about dots bts kiss truck when sjk told shk that he wants to tell his mother first...after reading shk life story i begin to think that actually sjk tease shk cause she's so close with her mother...well thank you again joongkyo... i return as a silent reader again

@stargazer187 oh dear sorry the only thing I am not good at is putting anything on YouTube 

anyone else facing the same problem? Can someone help to load on YouTube? It's so nice to watch! 

Edited: I don't think there is a way to put meipai video to YouTube at all 

(joongkyo) again thak you so much god bless you, now i can  say im proud to be a SS Couple and solid Kyonatics because my baby girl is so wonderful person great heart and with a beautiful personality that i didnt see this in the other actress and i want to thank also her mom for raising her well with a good moral and a beautiful  attitude and giving us a beautiful girl thank you Kyos mom. Who will she end up is a very lucky i know she will be a good mother and a wonderful wife . i hope soon she will get married  and  i hope this guy is SJK because they are match for each other  , God pls hear our prayer and make our wish may cometrue pls God! Thank you Joongkyo for giving us a wonderful news and stories about our SS Couple salute you i make it sure im waiting tha next part....

When I open it on my iPhone, I get the audio, but the screen is black :huh:. Sorry, @Chewy Hoe. I just got home, so, let me try it on my mac. It might just depend on my connection, too

Edit

Okay, I see the player, and I see Song Song, but the player also says error. :huh: Google Chrome only leads me to the weibo forum. :( The same with Firefox. Sorry, @Chewy Hoe. It's not working for me.

Edit 2

I finally got it to work on my phone. :) 

1 hour ago, Chewy Hoe said:

Thank you Drama Can't Stop for putting both balcony kiss together and the insert of the last part is 짱! You made me laugh out loud at the last part!! 

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:0acc296301185158f054c70eaa972e6a

Cr: DCS 

Thanks! It's working fine on my iPhone ...the last part made me laugh too. 

Great morning, everyone. It's always good to start the day with a smile on your face. Thanks for sharing the video, @Chewy Hoe! :smile: 

April-month, you have been so good to us SS shippers! Thank you. Despite the jewelry issue, you made sure to settle it before your month ends. Today is your last day, I wish you'd give us a sweet surprise, after all you started with them co-hosting a dinner party. Please end your month with a sweet SongSong, please! :heart:  Again, thank you April-month for the many, many awesome SongSong moments and blessings! We love you, April-month! 

Archived