[Daily Drama 2016] Heaven's Promise/천상의 약속 KBS2 Mon-Fri 19:50 KST

debbiek153

4 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Neither of the twin's know the other exists. DH mom knows, but not much background story has been given as to why the twins were split up, who did it and why?. I think DH is just a reporter and SJ's story just came her way and she released it, I don't believe she has anything against SJ or her family she was just simply following the story. I think the writers reason for not showing us HK's ex wife is because she not a factor in this story, I don't think she will return she has no leg to stand on in wanting HK back.

It's becoming harder to say which twin will die in order for the other to seek revenge. To me it seems it would only make sense for NY to take on her own revenge and make those who hurt her pay, and since we've seen so much of NY's character being more weak/submissive it would interesting to see her portraying her strong rather arrogant twin. I too hope they give us a nice background on DH, I want to see how LYR does playing two seemingly opposite characters.

Based on DH characters  she is unlikeable and arrogant..since she is not in love with tae joon..i think this is more logical for her to seek revenge.. since she was adopted by rich family maybe she feels sorry for her twin and her birth mother..

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cinderello Martinez said:

Maybe yes maybe no..since she was adopted by baek family..maybe the adoptive parents already reveal the secret..who knows..  ex wife not DH..  HK met NY once in airport..so i dont think it was her. 

DH's mom had a hand in how the twins were split, the way she added at the birthday party and leaving so quickly knowing NY and her mother were at the same restaurant says it all. I don't think Baek family will tell her, this will be something she finds out on her own, maybe while still following the sotry of SJ and TJ.

4 hours ago, baduy said:

It''s not clear, to me at any rate, what steps she takes, if any, to talk Se Jin out of it (not that she'd have easily found her anyway, since she's been hospitalized with a "threatened  miscarriage and vaginal bleeding", though she doesn't lose the baby). When we next see Eun Bong, another full day has gone by and  she's extremely drunk, alone in a tent bar. When her loyal, but sensitive-nosed seonbae comes along to get her home, he reveals that in the meantime, he's found out what Eun Bong managed to stop him discovering in the parking lot,  He asks whether Na Yeon knows, and Eun Bong replies "Before she finds out I've got to put an end to it, then adds  "Before Na Yeon can find out, I've given Jang Se Jin a warning that she's got to end it. [장세진 정리하라고 경고했어]"  At least that's what I hear her drunken slurred speech as saying, not a statement of intention, but a plain(-ish) past tense indicating that she actually has somehow delivered, or tried to deliver, such a warning. Maybe I'm not hearing it right, though. Wide-eyed, her seonbae remarks that in that case there's going to be big trouble, because the fearsome Pit Viper Baek has got wind of he story and is rushing to bring out an exclusive, "Stop her!" Eun Bong exclaims, shocked for a moment into lucid speech. Fat chance of anyone stopping the Pit Viper when she's got her prey within pouncing range, her seonbae responds.

@baduy

You probably missed out on the last bit after "나연이 알기 전에 장세진 정리하라고 경고했어."
Eun Bong added -- "태준이한테." -- after a slight pause.

We haven't seen her warning Jang Se Jin at all but she did warn TJ to end things with SJ right at the start of the ep
which is what she's telling her seonbae here in this scene.

16 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

DH's mom had a hand in how the twins were split, the way she added at the birthday party and leaving so quickly knowing NY and her mother were at the same restaurant says it all. I don't think Baek family will tell her, this will be something she finds out on her own, maybe while still following the sotry of SJ and TJ.

Yes that's  what im thinking too..since EB told her there will be one party that will going to be hurt with that gossip..

BEFORE anyone gets overly excited at Lee Yoo-ri 'forgetting' to take off Na Yeon's ring...
consider the fact that it might just simply be an accessory of DH's.

For starters, DH is wearing it on her 3rd finger on her RIGHT hand --

ZvfuIS8.jpg

And for NY, common sense dictates that the 'wedding' ring should be on her 4th finger on her LEFT hand
which is what we see in an earlier scene from the same ep --

JK5QgyA.jpg

This video is from  World of Dave which DF posted some of his videos.

After watching the videos, I began to imagine how Tae Jun and Se Jin lived in the US.

데이브 [브랜드 이름 미국 발음으로 해보기] Brand names according to the American accent //with 유준호/안재억

https://www.dramafever.com/news/watch-hilarious-pronunciation-differences-between-korean-english-japanese-and-chinese/

WATCH: Hilarious pronunciation differences between Korean, English, Japanese, and Chinese

Spoiler

Have you ever wondered just how different English words and names sound across different Asian languages? Now's your chance to find out! The World of Dave YouTube channel posted the following two hilarious videos for us to enjoy. In these videos, an English word is said and then we hear what the word sounds like in Korean, Japanese, and later in Chinese. From Britney Spears to BIGBANG, they do a hilarious job of covering the differences and similarities between the four languages!

The first video below focuses on Korean, English, and Japanese.

This next one also includes Chinese, which happens to add quite a funny element. One of these things is not like the others...

Guest my2centsworth
2 hours ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Neither of the twin's know the other exists. DH mom knows, but not much background story has been given as to why the twins were split up, who did it and why?. I think DH is just a reporter and SJ's story just came her way and she released it, I don't believe she has anything against SJ or her family she was just simply following the story. I think the writers reason for not showing us HK's ex wife is because she not a factor in this story, I don't think she will return she has no leg to stand on in wanting HK back.

It's becoming harder to say which twin will die in order for the other to seek revenge. To me it seems it would only make sense for NY to take on her own revenge and make those who hurt her pay, and since we've seen so much of NY's character being more weak/submissive it would interesting to see her portraying her strong rather arrogant twin. I too hope they give us a nice background on DH, I want to see how LYR does playing two seemingly opposite characters.

I have read the synopsis for this drama and it is different everywhere I seen. It is very confusing. I am the type that looks for a reason for everything. I never rule anything out that a writer could do. I always think there is a reason for it. I look at DH and NY..... at some point they have to meet, maybe they won't find out they are sisters yet, but they do have to spend some time together if nothing else but because they look alike.  If DH dies, then NY has to learn how to become DH and take over her life. And that would leave NY's daughter behind. Will she be able to leave that little girl behind and also her adopted mom and sisters to get revenge on TJ, SJ and her parents. Yes, revenge on SJ's and her own father, after all he knew  that TJ had a girlfriend when he sent TJ abroad with SJ.  He wanted TJ as his son-in-law and with his plan for TJ to look after SJ for the next 4 years would help that come true. If NY  dies then there would be no switching of identities with DH because DH would already be in her own position and would be personally taking revenge for NY against  the Baekdoo Company and family  for what they did to her her dead sister. So it has to be DH to die in order for this drama to work. JUST MY OPINION..........so if this is true, the twins have to meet soon and at least meet several times in order for NY to step in and take over DH's life.

4 minutes ago, my2centsworth said:

I have read the synopsis for this drama and it is different everywhere I seen. It is very confusing. I am the type that looks for a reason for everything. I never rule anything out that a writer could do. I always think there is a reason for it. I look at DH and NY..... at some point they have to meet, maybe they won't find out they are sisters yet, but they do have to spend some time together if nothing else but because they look alike.  If DH dies, then NY has to learn how to become DH and take over her life. And that would leave NY's daughter behind. Will she be able to leave that little girl behind and also her adopted mom and sisters to get revenge on TJ, SJ and her parents. Yes, revenge on SJ's and her own father, after all he knew  that TJ had a girlfriend when he sent TJ abroad with SJ.  He wanted TJ as his son-in-law and with his plan for TJ to look after SJ for the next 4 years would help that come true. If NY  dies then there would be no switching of identities with DH because DH would already be in her own position and would be personally taking revenge for NY against  the Baekdoo Company and family  for what they did to her her dead sister. So it has to be DH to die in order for this drama to work. JUST MY OPINION..........so if this is true, the twins have to meet soon and at least meet several times in order for NY to step in and take over DH's life.

@my2centsworth I completely agree with you, I feel like DH has to be the twin that dies in order for the revenge part of the story to work. Because, although DH might be angry at the fact that her sister died or was betrayed there is no feelings stronger then having been the one to experience said betrayal. So NY has to survive and be the one out to destroy those who've hurt her. I think DH and NY will meet and realize their twins, and somehow DH ends up with SB (NY's daughter) and they die, and whomever killed them will think it was NY and not SB. That would be the easiest way for NY to take on DH's identity. 

Guest my2centsworth

That woman was scared when she saw NY's and her mom in that pizza parlour. She even used the back door to get out of there fast.

7 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

@my2centsworth I completely agree with you, I feel like DH has to be the twin that dies in order for the revenge part of the story to work. Because, although DH might be angry at the fact that her sister died or was betrayed there is no feelings stronger then having been the one to experience said betrayal. So NY has to survive and be the one out to destroy those who've hurt her. I think DH and NY will meet and realize their twins, and somehow DH ends up with SB (NY's daughter) and they die, and whomever killed them will think it was NY and not SB. That would be the easiest way for NY to take on DH's identity. 

You think that NY will die at the hands of an unknown person or accident?

14 minutes ago, my2centsworth said:

That woman was scared when she saw NY's and her mom in that pizza parlour. She even used the back door to get out of there fast.

You think that NY will die at the hands of an unknown person or accident?

No, I think DH will die while "someone" assumes her to be NY.

I also hope that SJ never meets NY but meets DH because of the article she released, that way TJ will be the only one to know who NY is when she comes back pretending to be DH. That way she can drive TJ even further to the pits of hell hahahaha.

Guest my2centsworth

No, I think DH will die while "someone" assumes her to be NY.

I also hope that SJ never meets NY but meets DH because of the article she released, that way TJ will be the only one to know who NY is when she comes back pretending to be DH. That way she can drive TJ even further to the pits of hell hahahaha.

Great ! Never thought of that !

Actually at this point it is still fair game which twin ends up dying. Though it seems that the higher

probability is that Nayeon will be the one to survive and take her own revenge. For instance as someone

pointed out that perhaps someone (such as Sejin) may mistake Do-Hee for Nayeon and kill her and lets say

Nayeon's daughter as well. Thus Nayeon will have a chance to take over her sisters life and do her own

revenge and all. But just as easily it can be the other way that Nayeon may actually die. Eun Bong may

meet up somehow with Do-Hee and realize that she looks just like her dead sister and manages to convince

her to help her out in the revenge scheme and perhaps Do-Hee may actually feel bad about being the one

responsible for Nayeon passing away and thus during her further investigations may actually realize that

the dead person was her twin sister that she never knew about thus her reasonsfor revenge just

became personal. Since I really don't see her doing it otherwise.

As for why Nayeon can still end up dying or in this case Do-Hee depending on the situation and all. I guess it

can be partly be blamed on Eun Bong thus her tryng to convince Do-Hee to join her cause (if she wasn't the

one to die). According to someone they say that she already sent a warning to Sejin to back down from

Taejun. I can only assume that the best way for her to do that was to reveal the truth to Sejin that

Taejun couldn't be  hers because he was already taken and if Sejin still wouldn't back down to further

reveal the fact that Taejun is already a Dad and what is more the kid isn't just some baby but a 12 year

old girl thus any kid that Sejin may already have Taejuns kid is way older than that etc..

Well we all know what kind of personality Sejin has. She simply doesn't like to lose, share and obtain

whatever she wants. Yep Nayeon even beat her out on the playing the piano skills but that isn't the point.

What is important is that Sejin is going to most probably lose it when she discovers this and will try to take

matters into her own hands. For starters she will try to threaten and perhaps even try to bribe Nayeon

to leave perhaps even try the pregnant card that her own mother used to win over Nayeon's dad and

marry him. Granted the situation is different here since at that point Nayeon herself wasn't born but here

her kid as stated is already 12 years old and really wants to meet and be with her dad and all. Sejin in that

case may try to even scare Nayeon of and accidentally (hopefully otherwise I doubt that she can be

redeemed later on) ends up killing her and her daughter thus we get the revenge arc from Do-Hee.

But the biggest issue here is as I may have stated in an earlier post of mine is that if we wanted Do-Hee

be the twin that survived and takes revenge in her sisters name we should have been introduced to us

much earlier. So far all that we have seen in Nayeon and thus we are far more vested in her and want

her to succeed and have her revenge than a sister we barely know. Granted they may offer bits and

pieces of Do-Hee's back story now and again but it just isn't the same. Perhaps they should have given us

some more cases of mistaken identity along the way or so and that would make me feel a bit more vested

in Do-Hee and her story line. As of now I am going to root for Nayeon.

Frankly I don't want either twin to die after all Nayeon will just realize that she has some more family and

that will be  taken away from her so soon. Makes me feel sad for her. Not that she has had a bad life from

what I can see so far. Loving mother and sister and not to mention a great daughter as well.. Instead of

killing of her twin why doesn't the writer simply make it that due to the accident the twin goes into a

coma and we are all led to believe that she has died but later on (or even at the end) the twin recovers

and both sisters have a time to bond with each other. After all people have come back from the dead. I

recall reading about a drama (never got to finish it sadly) where one of the characters near the end fakes

her miscarrage and all and we all feel sad about that then when she returns after a time jump and all we

discovered that she had just faked it as part of some master plan or so.  People were mad at that since

she could have let her husband into the plan as well and thus he lost out on spending time with his little kid.

So it won't be all that hard for something similar to happen over here. Infact perhaps if the twin were to

somehow survive they may  actually use that against their enemies. But clearly that isn't going to happen

as that isn't part of the plot and all.

Also as I said if it is Nayeon that dies then Do-Hee will need to learn to blend in to fool everyone and all.

Since she clearly doesn't have any idea of Nayeon's life apart from how she was wronged from all those

rich people and all etc.. So to fool all of them she will need to know certain aspects of Nayeon's life such as

to fool them. All of this she can learn from Eun Bong (thus it can be quite possible that as some sites have

claimed that she will be the one to take revenge) Plus since she isn't really Nayeon then her core

personality would show up every now and again surprising people and thus satisfaction for the viewers :)

I know I shouldn't really be trying to defend Taejun and his actions but perhaps him being a lying cheating

(curse word) is all part of his master plan. :) Most probably that is not the case and he is exactly as he is

being portrayed. :) For instance I said in a previous post that he realized a long time ago that he needed to

have power so that people couldn't look down on him and if necessary he could crush said people who may

have done that in the past, present or the future. Now so far we have been shown that he is anything but

dumb especially if he got tell that he was being played and all. But he decides to use that to his advantage.

We know that in the past that company raised his hopes by offering him a scholarship but then dashed it all

down when they took it away just as suddenly leaving him powerless once again. We saw how mad he was

at that but kept it in. Then 15 years later or so he rejoined said company and when Sejin's father asked

that he wasn't here for revenge was he and that he had better job prospects from other companies and

so. He said that wasn't the case and Sejin's dad believed that. I mean unless there is some really dumb

person they won't readily admit to their plans or crime etc.. or they are supremely confident in their

plans (arrogant etc..) So in his defense he may be trying to take over the company that once looked down

upon him and if he gets to marry Sejin to further his plans and ambitions who is to stop him and once he

has gained all that he needs to simply kick out that family (yes this includes Sejin as well) and perhaps he

still hopes that Nayeon would come back to him once he reveals his true plans. Unfortunately by then it will

be to late since Nayeon will be on with her own boat of revenge and to do that perhaps even get married

as well. See this is why there needs to be some good communication involved with all parties otherwise

there are going to be tons of misunderstandings and all. Typical K-Drama rules and all.

As for whether Nayeon is the twin that come back for revenge as Do-Hee I don't want anyone to know

who she really is and that includes Taejun. Someone said that he will be nervous when he realizes who she

is. Well that is certainly true but it can be just as good when an absolute stranger who looks like his dead

girlfriend comes into their life and then starts doing things to make them look bad for no reason

whatsoever. Yes that would certainly mean that whoever it is isn't Nayeon or vice versa and that may be

slightly possible by using the people who already knew said replaced person. Granted at some point he will

need to discover who has been sending said documents or interfering in their plans and all and then go into

further shock to realize that it is exactly who they may have suspected and all.

Also I certainly don't want either sister falling for Taejun again. So some have said that Do-Hee can be

there for revenge and ends up falling for Taejun. I feel that is wrong on so many ways that I can't even

mention or that if it is Nayeon she ends up falling for him once again especially if he tries and says that he

was doing all this for her and that he was on his own quest for revenge and to trust him. Such as that he

is so close to getting everything that he wants and that once he has he will leave Sejin and marry her

later on. No way will I accept that. He has caused her far to much pain and made her suffer directly or

indirectly that he needs to suffer just as much. She may well chose to forgive him in the end due to K-

Drama laws and all but in no way let him go easy or restart to have feelings for him. That would be unfair

to a lot of people.

Someone also mentioned of how Hwi-Kyung should be on the plan for whichever twin is replaced and be on

board with the revenge plan of theirs and help them along with it. As of now I can't see that happening. I

suspect that he will be initially collateral damage but as time goes on the twin will actually start to develop

feelings for him and their revenge will include protecting him as well from getting hurt as well. Something

similar to what happened in Angel's Revenge though I hope that both of them will end up together and not

go their separate ways like that drama. The reason that I say that I can't see him being part of the

revenge plan is that so far he has shown no kind of indication that he would go down that path. He loves his

family even if they don't. He wants no part in any of their absurd power struggles and all infact he is trying

his level best to avoid it perhaps in the hopes that his sister finally accepts him for who and what he is.

Sejin and his BiL already treat him well so the only issue is his sister. He doesn't want to run the company

because he knows that his sister currently sees that as a threat so he backs down from that department

hoping that  his sincerity wins out in the end etc.. The only way that I can possibly see him on board with

the revenge plan is if something to this extent happens. Sejin gets her hands on the company and since we

know that she isn't all that loyal and also very ambitions and all she decided to kick her family out (even if this doesn't include her parents) it may include her Aunt (Hwi-Kyung's mother) Thus in order to get his mother back since Sejin may also kick her out of her house and all then I may see him go on the revenge plot and when he discovers that his wife had initially deceived him he may certainly feel hurt but for the time being they will get to join hands and during this time they actually fall in love with each other.

Well that is all from my end for the time being. Take care all of  you and hope to read your posts soon. :) Sorry once again for such a lengthy mail and all. :(

10 hours ago, ggry said:

You probably missed out on the last bit after "나연이 알기 전에 장세진 정리하라고 경고했어."
Eun Bong added -- "태준이한테." -- after a slight pause.

Ah yes, thanks! I hadn't caught that rather important little add-on. So now it's indeed plain that the warning she's referring to is what we heard her telling Tae Jun outside the house. No more need to go hunting for the phantom "Eun Bong warns Se Jin off" scene, though I'm tempted to write it so as to bring in the TOH Phantom Landlady somehow and give that poor wandering ghost a final dwelling.

However, that now creates a further puzzle in my mind. What is Eun Bong intending to get across in her last lines in that opening scene before she walks off?

정세진 정리하고 돌아와

That's plain enough, so far. I already translated it as "Break up (literally "clean  up") with JSJ and come back to Na Yeon" (I think we need to add the Na Yeon in English)

But then she continues, as I hear it

네가 정리 안 하면 내가 정리해

I took that to mean "If you don't sort things out, I will"

Which makes me wonder that exactly she means by that, if it is indeed what she says. Since her whole thrust in the latter part of this scene is that Tae Jun has this precious short-lived opportunity to go back to Na Yeon and forget about his ambitions before Na Yeon finds out what they were, I don't get what Eun Bong "sorting things out" along the lines she envisages could entail other than her going to see Se Jin and somehow talking her out of dumping Tae Jun so that he'd have no choice but to return to Na Yeon.

But I see that my conclusion that was her meaning led me to mishear the next line. Now I replay it I can tell she actually says

똑똑한 니까 [I misheard that 너 as 년] 잘 알아들었겠지

so she's telling him he's a smart guy so he should be able to figure out what he has to do.

But because I thought she'd said "She's a smart girl..." I assumed she meant that if she, Eun Bong, sought out Se Jin she could make her see that the smart thing to do would be to drop Tae Jun PDQ before the scandal rag machine fired up against her yet again. Hence my Quest for the Phantom Encounter.

I've edited my earlier posting to correct that error, and the follow-on errors it produced.

BUT I'm still now left wondering what on earth she had in mind when she said 네가 정리 안 하면 내가 정리해  

It surely can't mean "I'll go ahead and tell Na Yeon" because that would entail her delivering the "death blow" she's desperately trying to ward off before Tae Jun has even had chance to do the right thing. But if intervening with Se Bin isn't what she has in mind, then what is?

On a more general matter, a lot of the hate Tae Jun is attracting seems to me to overlook the basic construction of this episode. There are plenty of signs that he is indeed teetering on the brink of going back to Na Yeon (as Eun Bong intuits). But what pushes him definitively on to the Jerk Side is Se Bin's threatened miscarriage and the  vulnerability and dependence on him she reveals in the hospital (shades of her non-mother's need to live and die in Gyeong Wan's deluded but kindly arms, and a plain instance of  daughters repeating their mothers' experiences as per the synopsis.)  He has to let one of the women in his life down hard (and condemn one of his children to be fatherless). In the ER, comforting the distraught SJ, he makes his choice. It's not a heroic choice, nor a particularly noble one. But its not purely despicable either. I don't think we are meant to see him, at that moment of decision, choosing out of material advantage or ambition, despite the way those things infuence his overall conduct.

But I find it infuriating that a writer who can create such satisfyingly complex situations can also perpetrate the ghastly time-wasting and maddening nonsense of the younger adoptive sibling and the shady conman half-sibling of TJ. That whole "This is the mansion I live in" farrago is lifted straight from the predecessor drama in this slot (though it wasn't particularly new there either.) Who honestly gives a damn what those two buffoons con each other into or out of? But the worrying thing is that the writer, by making that guy "family" with TJ is going to force us to watch all his scenes because  he'll probably let something slip that will have a major bearing on the main characters. Just as I'm seriously frustrated by the way I can't just hit the FF button (or check my emails during the live stream) when Mad Mother comes on screen yet again because I fear if I do I'll miss a remark mixed in with her ranting that is actually important in the broader pattern of the plot.

I can see me deciding to put this drama aside and selectively marathon it later (because I'm sure the good bits will indeed be good) if the writer doesn't put a sock, smelly or not, in this silliness.

One further point. What was the writer up to with the framing of Hwi Gyeong's "catch the wife in flagrante" scene? We see him first in his room, turning up the photo, which we assume is one from which he has  torn off his ex-wife. (I pass over for the moment that his is the first appearance of the Eiffel Tower on the set, but I expect I will come back to that particular obsession of mine sooner or later] The he flashes back to the disillusioning incident. THEN HE WAKES UP IN BED.  So, was the finding the torn photo bit also part of the dream? But if so, why??

1 hour ago, yamiyugi said:

What is important is that Sejin is going to most probably lose it when she discovers this and will try to take matters into her own hands. For starters she will try to threaten and perhaps even try to bribe Nayeon to leave perhaps even try the pregnant card that her own mother used to win over Nayeon's dad and marry him. 

I know I shouldn't really be trying to defend Taejun and his actions but perhaps him being a lying cheating(curse word) is all part of his master plan. :) Most probably that is not the case and he is exactly as he is being portrayed. :) For instance I said in a previous post that he realized a long time ago that he needed to have power so that people couldn't look down on him and if necessary he could crush said people who may have done that in the past, present or the future. Now so far we have been shown that he is anything but dumb especially if he got tell that he was being played and all. But he decides to use that to his advantage....

As I mentioned in my previous post, TJ loves NY.  Period ( at least that's how I see it.) His real feelings is reserve for NY but he's using SH.  And if SJ tries to harm or do something even to NY you'll see him defend NY. But the question is  will NY forgive him in the end? From  how the drama is going NY  feelings is same with TH can easily fall in love... well or she still loves TJ. 

TJ is the sly cunning one. He knows what he needs to do and why he's doing it to but at the expense of  other and eventually  hurting NY as well. When  he achieves whatever power , wealth he he can wag his fingers at those who looked down upon him,  be the boss, assert power.  He'll leave SJ will NY taken him back. In some (or many) ways, they are like each others past.  There that revenge part NY probably thinking or doing so.. in the long run,  while TJ,  is  also doing the same thing and in the when it's done he'll go  back to NY.

This is long drama and conflict will happen though I can somehow picture the cliche ones, in kdramaland love wins. I still want TJ  to realize NY and his daughter is should be the most important (of course).

Whoever messed up the translation of that earliest synopsis sure has a lot to answer for...

However, I'll say no more about that and just make a couple of remarks about the as yet partially unrevealed backstories. 

A while back someone said that Yun Ae may not have known she'd given birth to twins. Well unless she delivered in a coma (which of course has happened in Kdramas, Thorn Flower, for example) I don't think that even in the wildest reaches of Kdrama makjang a woman could carry twins to term, let alone actually give birth to them without knowing it.  However, what has indeed happened several times in Kdrama is that a woman has given birth to twins, but then been persuaded that she cannot provide both with an acceptable upbringing and so relinquished one of them for what she saw as the overall good of both children. That may turn out to be the case here.

But there's another possibility, also not wholly without Kdrama precedent, though I think in other dramas just a single birth was involved, namely that a mother gives birth to a healthy baby but is told it died.  That deception is made somewhat more plausible by the attitudes that still prevail towards perinatal mortality in Korean culture, including orthodox medical opinion about what is best for mothers who lose an infant at or shortly after birth: those attitudes are the key to the whole plot of Alone in Love for example, (though there the baby is indeed stillborn) which stems from events that could never have happened in a late 20C Western maternity unit).

When Do Hui's adoptive mother comes into the diner, it seems to me that the face she focusses on is not Yun Ae's but Na Yeon's. And when Yun Ae, hearing from Na Yeon about how she was mistaken for someone who looked just like her immediately leaves Na Yeon in the street and rushes back to the diner, her motive may not be to find a daughter that she'd given up for adoption and then lost track of but to investigate the sudden realization that her other baby may not have died after all.

Suppose Yun Ae gave birth to twins but was then told that one of them had died. And suppose further that the allegedly dead twin had been adopted semi-illegally by a woman who knew the baby was one of a pair of twins, without necessarily knowing who the mother is.  She would live in fear that one day "her" daughter might encounter her twin and ask dangerous questions. Hence if she spotted a child who was obviously that twin (the fact that Na Yeon was also there to celebrate her birthday would have remove any doubt)  she would want to get "her" daughter out of there PDQ, as we know she did.  Now supposing Yun Ae had always believed that her other girl had died at birth. Then Na Yeon tells her that there was apparently another girl looking just like her who was also having a birthday celebration at the same place. She would then certainly be frantic to get back to that spot and see that other child with her own eyes. That I suspect is what happened. But only the episodes to come can settle that.

On the idea that Baek Do Hui's family name might point to a connection to the Baek Do group. The writer may indeed be up to something here, but it may be worth pointing out that the family name of the Group owners, Park 박, 樸 or 朴 in Hanja, is not the same as the family name commonly romanized as Baek, 백 or 白 in Hanja, and that the latter (with the same Hanja) is also the word for "white" which not uncommonly figures in company and product names as a straightforward color adjective.

However I'm intrigued by this character's nickname in the journalistic profession. To be labelled "Salmosa" you'd need to be a particularly fierce and spiteful sort of person. It's one of the most feared snakes in Korea and Japan, partly because it is found in so many habitats, is well camouflaged, and can be encountered anywhere outside urban environments. Like many other relatively small sized venemous snakes, it isn't deliberately aggressive towards humans , but it does take objection to walkers who accidentally tread in its vicinity just when it's got its eye on smaller but tastier prey, and, as I already indicated, its bite can easily be fatal unless appropriately and urgently treated. Now we know that this "viper" and our darling doormat are genetically identical. And since Koreans have such a firm belief in the relationship between "blood" and character, especially moral character, and on the whole incline, partly thanks to Buddhist influence, to the belief that no-one is intrinsically evil, the way the two women have turned out so differently must be down to some decisively different life-experiences. Sounds like a juicy bit of backstory is going to be offered to account for that truly startling difference between the way they've turned out.

9 hours ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

If HK marry DH Which is na yeon.. i don't think TJ will bothered since she is not NY..he will assumes she is DH..Unless HK marry NY which is Dok Hee.. (mean version of NY)..TJ might get affected..

@baduy Always enjoy your observations. I agree with the you and also think TJ made his final choice due to SJ possibly losing the baby. I think it's also important to point out that maybe TJ feels NY is stronger then SJ and would possibly handle the break up better. In a way its like how they say "men need to be needed" and SJ's need of TJ is what attracts him, she acts like his her entire life and can't live without him, whereas NY is the opposite. 

@jongski I too at first thought that he was maybe trying to go deep undercover to destroy the BD family knowing how much NY hated them. But, that quickly went out the window when I found out SJ was pregnant and seeing him agonizing on what to do in episode 15 further proves he had no intention of that. What TJ did unforgivable, by the time NY embarks on her revenge she will be completely through with him. I think NY will marry HK for revenge but just like how he was the first person to be nice to her after her mothers death, she will grow to love him more then she ever did TJ. And, I hope if there is a happy ending is that HK and NY live happily ever after.

3 hours ago, Cinderello Martinez said:

If HK marry DH Which is na yeon.. i don't think TJ will bothered since she is not NY..he will assumes she is DH..Unless HK marry NY which is Dok Hee.. (mean version of NY)..TJ might get affected..

I think even if DH is the one pretending to be NY, TJ will always think its her and will be very effected by it. But, this is the main reasons why I think DH will die and the twin to live will be NY. Because, since NY is the one who knows the most about TJ and SJ's family she would be the only one exact revenge, she's also the one that knows YK had something to do with her mothers wedding. 

I think the twin to live will be Na Yeon. 

Which twin do you guys think will die???

Guest my2centsworth
13 hours ago, jongski said:

As I mentioned in my previous post, TJ loves NY.  Period ( at least that's how I see it.) His real feelings is reserve for NY but he's using SH.  And if SJ tries to harm or do something even to NY you'll see him defend NY. But the question is  will NY forgive him in the end? From  how the drama is going NY  feelings is same with TH can easily fall in love... well or she still loves TJ. 

TJ is the sly cunning one. He knows what he needs to do and why he's doing it to but at the expense of  other and eventually  hurting NY as well. When  he achieves whatever power , wealth he he can wag his fingers at those who looked down upon him,  be the boss, assert power.  He'll leave SJ will NY taken him back. In some (or many) ways, they are like each others past.  There that revenge part NY probably thinking or doing so.. in the long run,  while TJ,  is  also doing the same thing and in the when it's done he'll go  back to NY.

This is long drama and conflict will happen though I can somehow picture the cliche ones, in kdramaland love wins. I still want TJ  to realize NY and his daughter is should be the most important (of course).

I see where you are coming from when it comes to TJ loving NY, but his actions tells me the he loves money and status more. He is a scum bag of a man to me.

Archived