4 hours ago, Scandani said:

I know how to do this personally, so I will do that for now. I only have IG atm, but I would also love to send this as an Addicted family. We are quite big international family here, would be wonderful to send the boys our support from all over the world. How do we do this as collective?

4 hours ago, sohocomo said:

YES YES YES!!!!!!  Addicted family!!!  (You know I have to piggy back on yall :phew: )  Please, please please!!!   (I feel like I'm their auntie too :tears:)

Hmm, we could do add Soompiers prior the msg, various lingual msg followed in the same compiled msg, spam on wb and ig.

And/or do a compiled post/picture/image with our multilanguage msg arranged, post on wb, ask for sharing/reblogging so our boys (or at least the managers or agencies) could see it (not sure if IG goes more rival than Wb for this idea so..)

I saw a V-fanacc about the FM (which was shared here also) has been quite well-known on wb. She wrote in English and commentors said it was the first time after so many gap years that they really picked up their broken English and made themselves to read this because it was dedicated to the boys..

So if we're doing compiled post on Wb, there'd be 1 representative(?) that has Wb to post and somehow makes it popular.. 

idk what I've been writing..

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, ximichem said:

Hmm, we could do add Soompiers prior the msg, various lingual msg followed in the same compiled msg, spam on wb and ig.

And/or do a compiled post/picture/image with our multilanguage msg arranged, post on wb, ask for sharing/reblogging so our boys (or at least the managers or agencies) could see it (not sure if IG goes more rival than Wb for this idea so..)

I saw a V-fanacc about the FM (which was shared here also) has been quite well-known on wb. She wrote in English and commenters said it was the first time after so many gap years that they really picked up their broken English and made themselves to read this because it was dedicated to the boys..

So if we're doing compiled post on Wb, there'd be 1 representative(?) that has Wb to post and somehow makes it popular.. 

idk what I've been writing..

2 minutes ago, pureblade said:

:D @Scandani @skeletonworks @gayyoxx Its a very heartwarming thing we can do!

So how do we start? Who are the sweethearts willing to translate for us non-Mandarin speakers ^_^?

The Soompiers starter sounds do-able, now, weibo is another matter, since the non Chinese speaker will find it quite difficult to navigate. But I am willing to try.

The other part as a family, can you tell me the details again to do this, ximichem? so we can just appoint one representative on wb to post with english and then compiled all of our messages with various languages, with name and country to show our support for the boys?

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, pureblade said:

:D @Scandani @skeletonworks @gayyoxx Its a very heartwarming thing we can do!

So how do we start? Who are the sweethearts willing to translate for us non-Mandarin speakers ^_^?

You can follow the pattern on the repost. Or, if we're looking for some effects (?) of poetic and heartfelt words, we can do in English (after our native language) and ask for Chinese-speakers here to help us.. I've noticed there're gradually more Chinese-speakers here.. So..

Oh, or we can do "Story of our life" or something, in English, telling how Addicted impacted on us and its importance. Then followed our multilingual msg. That could make the thread msg more outstanding, and even more meaningful. Perhaps?

• Like 11

You can follow the pattern on the repost. Or, if we're looking for some effects (?) of poetic and heartfelt words, we can do in English (after our native language) and ask for Chinese-speakers here to help us.. I've noticed there're gradually more Chinese-speakers here.. So..

Oh, or we can do "Story of our life" or something, in English, telling how Addicted impacted on us and its importance. Then followed our multilingual msg. That could make the thread msg more outstanding, and even more meaningful. Perhaps?

"Story of our life" + personal individual short messages = win

If somebody could actual DRAW our story into some fan art, it would be even better :wub:

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Scandani said:

The other part as a family, can you tell me the details again to do this, ximichem? so we can just appoint one representative on wb to post with english and then compiled all of our messages with various languages, with name and country to show our support for the boys?

Based on the repost of skeletonworks, I see no difficulty as the project is spamming/commenting on their ig and wb, as my English allows me to understand as so.

But since we're doing in group, I reckon to arrange a pattern so that others could easily join. 

Testing:

-"Story of our life"

-English msg

-Native msg

-Preferred name, country

-(optional) pic of your country's landscape/hometown places/popular places

dunno..

• Like 9

Based on the repost of skeletonworks, I see no difficulty as the project is spamming/commenting on their ig and wb, as my English allows me to understand as so.

But since we're doing in group, I reckon to arrange a pattern so that others could easily join. 

Testing:

-English msg

-Native msg

-Name, country

dunno..

oooooo I like this :wub: especially picture of landscape...does not have to be landscape it could be something that depicts some part of the culture of the country. Love this idea!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, rictorcroix said:

Can I ask a question to you guys?

How much of an impact does Shangyin / YZ Fandom made to your life?

Because seriously, I'm trying to assess myself and came to a conclusion that this addiction is becoming unhealthy. It became an integral part of my life nowadays to the point that my mood for the whole day would depend on whatever news I get from this fandom.

It's like, if ever JY and ZZ would be really in a relationship, screw my life even if I don't have one, as long as they're together. I would be the happiest person alive. LMAO This sounds ENTIRELY CRAY CRAY but with the whole delulu feeding that I get from this forums, and my own infatuation to both our boys, it seems like this is getting out of hand.

It's more of a shock really, since this fandom is making me feel things. We all know the disaster that happened the last few events that our boys were involved. And the feelings that I got from that was beyond the feeling of a relationship that failed. Geez okay okay that's it I'm stopping now.

As a gay myself, I haven't read any books depicting any homosexuality relationship prior ShangYin. I dared not to watch gay movies also even though some are well known to the world, such as Brokeback Mountain, Happy Together... My first gay movie is LanYu which I watched more than ten years ago but the ending is depressed and I could not watch any films that share the similar theme.

ShangYin was all over my newsfeed on my facebook several months ago and people said about it. At first, I thought to myself that this series definitely be a skip for me but then my curiosity pushed me to watch the first episode and I got hooked on the drama at that moment.

After the series ended, I looked for a book because some viewers suggested that the movie could not deliberate or portraited clearly the feeling of BLY toward GH which I agreed after I finished reading the books. I read more than 300 chapters during 3 weeks no matter where I am, at my work, at my school, during lunch time, before sleep, after wake up,  or even in the restroom while I was doing my own business... I meant like the title of the books, I am addicted and remember not all but the majority details from the novels.

The event of a fan meeting in Thailand broke my heart when they confirmed there would be no continuity of the series. My mind was like, WTH, and what I should do now. Trust me, I have not watched the music video clip Walk Slowly till now. I love the song but ... My hope is that one day, the government have a tolerance view at LGBT community so they lift the current ban and we all can be here again, discuss, and talk about the upcoming sequels...

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, ximichem said:

Testing:

-"Story of our life"

-English msg

-Native msg

-Preferred name, country

dunno..

+1 for this, @ximichem

Adding this to address @Scandani's post below:

If someone is willing, maybe we can send our messages to him/her, and he/she can put it in a letter-like format? We can share the jpg of our collective messages.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, ximichem said:

Can one post such a long message in wb message? I would love to leave personal message, and how the members in this family had shared some of their most heartfelt moments on how Addicted changes their life, it can be very touching.

The first line maybe can be drafted uniform, like Soompier: ..soompi name...location, then the message to the boys, short one. Then we can go with the story of our life, with english, native language, and then Chinese?

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Scandani said:

Can one post such a long message in wb message? I would love to leave personal message, and how the members in this family had shared some of their most heartfelt moments on how Addicted changes their life, it can be very touching.

The first line maybe can be drafted uniform, like Soompier: ..soompi name...location, then the message to the boys, short one. Then we can go with the story of our life, with english, native language, and then Chinese?

Unsure if wb works alike fb, but if it's the case, the post can be extended quite long..

Re-testing:

-Thread's banner/fanart/brief intro art:

+Soompiers, established date

+Brief records: members, views, posts, pages, etc..

-Thread msg (English + Chinese)

-Brief intro to personal msg section (English + Chinese)

-Personal msg

+Native language msg

+English translation

+Chinese translation

+Preferred/nick/acronym name, country/location

+Picture of native cultural places

More ideas/contributions are highly welcomed~~

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kmmyzz said:

Let me share you guys an interesting fact during Thailand fanmeeting.

After HD pictures of the day were published, fans began to notice that ZZ's shirt actually had sleeves before he cut them out to make the shirt sleeveless. Look at the picture of both of them in one frame:

Cg0X3g6UkAA11-a.jpg

Hide contents

Fans also think that ZZ was hinting that he wore a couple shirt with JY (he seemed like he was pointing out the shirt to JY while walking to him)

He's a rebel in disguise LOL. I am loving him more and more.

It's like he's saying Try and stop me. :)

• Like 11

1 minute ago, ximichem said:

Re-testing:

-Thread's banner/fanart/brief intro art:

+Soompiers, established date

+Brief records: members, views, posts, pages, etc..

-Thread msg (English + Chinese)

-Brief intro to personal msg section (English + Chinese)

-Personal msg

+Native language msg

+English translation

+Chinese translation

+Preferred/nick/acronym name, country/location

+Picture of native cultural places

More ideas/contributions are highly welcomed~~

the personal message can be kept short so it won't read as an essay, short but meaningful, so it can convey all messages from all members.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, skeletonworks said:

As for me, I've been reading yaoi manga since high school, which was like ages ago and I rarely read BL novel/fanfics as I find it hard to imagine (I enjoy it better when I can imagine real people like Shangyin & Love Sick) and my point is, to me, Shangyin is a real gem. I've read tonnes of yaoi manga, but this novel can't compare to any that I have read so far... The way Guhai dotes so much on Bai Luoyin... it's too much feels... Guhai is the typical seme in all the yaoi manga that I've read but what sets them apart is his care for Bai Luoyin is like another step ahead from the other seme... 

Me basically. Gu hai just the seme of all the semes.

He is the seme king. I have everything I need for seme material in his character. That's why As yoai stories lover. This novel by CJD really is amazing in my opinion.

Everytime I  get the glimpse of the novel through the generousity of our translators, it never fail to amuse me, each chapter is so special. 

I love everything in it. Even the unrealistic one. 

6 hours ago, sixte said:

What do you mean ? It is only after my 4th posting that I had an answer. What are you insunuating here ? I definitely want a clarification about your attitude toward me, it is insulting !

sir. Please calm down.

4 hours ago, htuvecila said:

Ok so here is my short consolidation of ZZ and his friends for those who are curious.

Warning: Being a fan of ZZ,  I view his friends as positively as I could. This post might have subjective pov and even inaccurate info although I try not to. So pls bear with me and correct me if I'm wrong :)

Hide contents

BB (Real name Ryan Zhu Yuan Bing) is ZZ's high school friend. He debuted before ZZ as an actor and a singer, you can google more of his info if interested. ZZ and BB (and few other friends) shared same flat for a while when they took university entrance exam, ZZ used to cook for his friends during this period. BB reposted ZZ's post "I'm single ×3" and commented "I'm single too" to support ZZ in dating scandal. He was praising ZZ's music talent (together with another mutual friend Lele from PROME, the one who wrote Dust for ZZ) in one of his radio recordings and will be the one who colabs with ZZ in his upcoming album. 

PP: (Real name Peng Yu Chang). He has a supporting role in popular web series Go Princess Go. He also declared BB and ZZ are his two best buddies on SNS. There was one rumor ZZ visited PP at his filming set in Tianjin some time ago which caused ZZ's fans rushed to his filming location to see ZZ. It turned out to be a false rumor but PP was very nice to welcome all the fans and entertain them during his break. IIRC PP promoted ZZ's songs in his live stream when they were released. He was also "jealous" when BB visited ZZ and uploaded a photo on his weibo recently, he left a comment "when will you come to my place" lol.

3. LOL games squad and the guest of honour Shi ge

Hide contents

1. LOL squad consists of some members from PROME (Wu Shuang, etc.) and some from ZZ's friend circle. Shi ge is a part of it as well. On the day ZZ drove back to Shanghai from Beijing with Shige, he was playing and partying with them (most likely whole night to celebrate Shuang Er's birthday). ZZ is also rumored to play with them whenever he has free time or he is stress. They do tease ZZ in their SNS from time to time. 

2. Shi ge is the one that can cosplay as ZZ's manager as he accompanies ZZ to his schedules lately. However, there is no official confirmation from any party that Shige is hired as a staff to manage ZZ's activities. Shige is few years older than ZZ (IIRC they are 4 years apart), they knew each other since high school time or may even before that. The first day after ZZ's plagiarism scandal exploded and he went MIA, Shige booked the ticket to fly to Beijing. There was a fan account seeing ZZ was with another guy on the street and by the description, a lot of fans suspect it must be Shige. Since then Shige has been following ZZ to Shenzhen (yes he was the one who hold ZZ's hand in the lift when he was stuck there for 10 minutes bcoz of fans), iqiyi's live, back to Shanghai with ZZ, Thailand, etc. You can see him in most of ZZ's airport fancams where he carried all the luggage for ZZ and acted as his body guard. 

Btw Shige has his own job in Shanghai so I'm not sure if he became ZZ's temp manager for that sensitive period or just paid everything by his own money to help ZZ out as a friend. Shi ge shares quite a lot of similar hobbies like ZZ, such as cat, driving (they both like Audi galaxy), tattoo, manga, etc.

ZZ's cfans reaction to ZZ and his friends (aka ZZ and his harem lol)

Hide contents

1. Majority love, respect & trust all ZZ's friends, simply coz they take care of ZZ and his fans very well. His friends always console fans when they are sad, worried and emotional. I encountered fans who are at ease seeing ZZ accompanied by his friends. Cfans somehow know the possible chaos of Thai FM before hand (it could be bcoz Johnny's guest appearance in A-Mei concert was leaked), so they were glad to see Shi ge at the airport to go to Thailand with ZZ. 
2. There are a lot of ships among ZZ and his friends, and among ZZ's friends themselves. 3 most popular ships might be ZhouShi, ZhouShuang and ShuangYu. But these ships actually change on a daily basis due to fickle minded fans lol.
3. Fans love to side with ZZ's friends and make fun of ZZ, from his selfie skill to his spoiled behavior when he's with his friends. They support Shige to teach ZZ a lesson coz ZZ is always a "meanie" to him.

Something I find interesting 

Hide contents

As strange as it could be, our "spoiled baby" ZZ who seems to need protection all the time is the actual leader in most of the groups he hangs out with. He was the president of his class in high school, one of the founders and leader of his band PROME (and another band called Eggache), the MVP of his LOL squad who is in charged of attacking, member in the organiser committee to host a rock concert in Shanghai, etc. AFAIK, ZZ also never addresses Shi ge as "ge" (Chinese word to call someone who is older than you), he calls him "Xiao Shi" - "Little Shi" instead. From their SNS interaction I personally fell they respect and are proud of ZZ, or like they joke, they do listen to ZZ's order lol. 

Thank you thank you thank you for this informations about Zhou. Now I can be more at ease knowing he has so many good people around him who got his back.

4 hours ago, seungrihyung said:

I've only known the existence of this series for about 2 weeks now and it has made me question my life choices. I'm not even kidding. From disbelief on how ZZ and I look-alike to questioning what am I doing with my life, this series has affected me quite a lot. It's just that I became envious of how he does what he likes (acting, singing, etc) while I'm stuck in college taking a course that I don't even want and will probably not even be beneficial for me.

I demand a follow up to this post, your picture and Zhou's picture side by side. (Note : I also know some online friend who looks like Zhou. Lol. But ofc Zhou is prettier!!)

please give me a glimpse of your beauty . :P 

1 hour ago, thoron said:

Hi sir.

I hope you are in the best of moods.

I personally do not see anything wrong with @alvinboi 's request.

In fact, though we are all anonymous here, I can stand for alvinboi's character and i'm definitely sure he means no personal disrespect towards you.

I think the only thing he is implying is that in case you have future questions,
it would always be easier to attach a picture for easier reference.

It is a general request free of any ill will against your person.

Longer continuation ahead, to sir @sixte please find time to read.

For others feel free to read or skip.

Hide contents

*I put it here because you don't seem to read your inbox. Also, whoknows, this might serve a purpose for newbies.*

Thank you for the nice words, sir. I am anything but humbled.

Full disclosure, and i say this with all due respect: Sometimes i have to re-read your posts to fully understand it. After consulting "google", and wading through all the jargon and allusions, I always find that there is wisdom in your posts. And this i appreciate, every time.

It is always good to learn something new.

The thing is, not everyone will find time to do that.

As you may have read, it has been raised by our fellow members, that there are times that your posts came across as demanding, even rude to a point.

We come from different backgrounds and from different parts of the world so it is always healthy to remind ourselves that in our thread, not everyone is well-versed in ENGLISH, not that i consider it as a requirement to contribute to the thread nor is it essential in having a good conversation.

I simply mean that in order to maintain the peace, everyone must give each other an allotment for
misused words, misplaced meanings, errors in translations and ultimately, miscommunication.

That is why i always extend the same courtesy to you.

Despite everything, I know and i hope you bear no disdain for anyone here. I also hope it doesn't discourage you from sharing your thoughts because they are as important as everyone else's.

Allow me to share a couple of friendly tips:

TIP # 1

Calling out someone directly is highly discouraged.

When you called out the moderators, no matter the reason, you risked the integrity of thread.

But its in the past. We need not dwell on it any more.

We are bound to have discussions and of course disagreements with different issues. If possible, try to be nice. Sometimes being kind is better than being right.

TIP #2

Utilize the Spoiler Tab.

When i watched the official Music Video and read about GuHai and BaiLouYin running away to TIBET. Trust me when i say I wanted to discuss its strained relationship with China vis-a-vis Chai Jidan's choice of it as our troubled pair's SANCTUARY, all the while juxtaposing a territory's SEARCH for SOVEREIGNITY with that of the starcrossed lovers QUEST for ACCEPTANCE.

But when you see your thread family lamenting the Music Video as the last major gift from our beloved show, add to that the still fresh news of the Season 2 Cancellation. I just doesn't seem right.

So if one wants go the political route, maybe this is not the right venue. But if you deem it to be really important, then the spoilers tab is your reliable friend.

As guiding thought, whenever you feel that your post would veer away from the usual sweetness that is SHANGYIN, i recommend putting it in under the spoilers tab. It doesn't mean we are less proud of our stances and assertions. It is just a polite way of extending consideration to the majority who came here for sweets.

Know that these are mere recommendations and not rules. I hold no power over you or anyone in this thread. In the spirit of fairness, i, myself am open to scrutiny and judgement.

I sincerely hope that you can get past this and take in everything positively.

Rest assured, everyone's inputs are still deeply appreciated. Yours included, sir.

May everyone be able to untangle the knots of discord and misunderstanding, and instead strengthen the bonds of our communitarian deluluisms.

(*Yes i just created deluluisms. Wutt? :P)

Here's to hoping we all be contemplative of our misgivings and work hard to overcome them.

Good day, sir.

Thankfully @thoron Already clearing everything up thoroughly. I was a bit worried reading that sir post.

Lets stay in harmony guys. 

I am done with lurking today And I hope I didn't offend anyone. (also secretly praying once again it did't post itself several time. Still no luck with a new phone guys. Bear with me )

Oh before I forget @sohocomo thanks for your hard work on their works relate. Still waiting in destiny aspect ofc. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Scandani said:

the personal message can be kept short so it won't read as an essay, short but meaningful, so it can convey all messages from all members.

I might have missed this but is this project to be sent to both actors (or all 4) or each separate actor, and is it going to be shared to their personal wb, IG, but with everyone's messages all together? Or messages to each actor will be shared on their separate wb, IG? Cuz here we have only and CP fans. And should CP fans send 2 messages to each actor, cuz you know how we are technically discouraged to put them 2 together especially at this sensitive time?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eman1 said:

I need some spoilers , what happened after GH & BYL met for the first time after separation ! how did they express their emotions to each other ?

You will find tons of goodies, the answer to your questions and more! Some mind blowing revelations if you can just go back 796 page less. Yup!

All the answer to your questions is on the first page!

Happy reading!

• Like 8

Ok so here is my short consolidation of ZZ and his friends for those who are curious.

About ZZ's support to his friends, I don't think I ever come up with another list like this again, it's quite painful lol. In short, it's 2-way affection. We just need to know ZZ deserves all the love coz he does the same for his friends. 

Thank you for taking the time to write this.:)

I am so glad ZZ has such supportive friends although it is interesting he's the leader of their different groups. But from the way he handles himself I can believe it. He also seems to have an amazing strength of character.

ZZ seems like such a interesting individual His friends are all different but share this bond and he's able to garner all this support says something about him as well. They are so loyal to one another.

True friends if you manage to find them becomes your second family and friendship like that can last a lifetime.

And I agree with the last sentiment -  it is a 2 way street you have to put yourself out there to receive all the love and support back.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, fuyuko said:

I might have missed this but is this project to be sent to both actors (or all 4) or each separate actor, and is it going to be shared to their personal wb, IG, but with everyone's messages all together? Or messages to each actor will be shared on their separate wb, IG? Cuz here we have only and CP fans. And should CP fans send 2 messages to each actor, cuz you know how we are technically discouraged to put them 2 together especially at this sensitive time?

This is just the beginning of the project fuyuko, so you are not late at all! I suggested two separate supports, personal and as a family. As a family we are still formulating with everyone, so far we have @ximichem with her more thorough post here on how it can be done. Your input will be appreciated. Personal message is up to you. I just had a suggestion to use 3 languages at the message: Chinese (skeletonworks have shared some Chinese words that you can use), then your native language (to show the boys that their fans come from all different place of the world!), and then English.

• Like 6