3 minutes ago, purpleedamame said:

Previews for RTF2.

Reveal hidden contents

d9992491jw1f316ewtr5zj20vk0no0v5.jpg

Cr on pic

Our boys apparently got blurred/mosaic-ed out. 

Thought I was immune already but... ahh... still hurts.

How did it come to this extent? That's why the boys were so afraid to be seen together.

This is just ridiculous!!! AAARGH!!!

tumblr_o2ntx7ULKx1rvhqlvo3_500.gif

• Like 19

So... When I first came into this forum this was two pages long, when I left it was around 120. I lost so so so much of the Fandom, and missed you all so much. 

But life is not easy even when you're doing what you love so I'm pretty much lost here, but yesterday I was hyping around Instagram and saw the new. It actually broke my hear guys. 

I felt, and feel, like something really bad happened like something is missing from the bottom of my heart,  I'm not a full being anymore. 

I try to make the connection and is still missing, what happened? When? Why? 

In exactly two weeks I will be living in Beijing with a family, with a really famous Chinese actor and singer, I was hoping to talk to him about our series, you know? But now I can't its just, I can't... 

If someone will help me and do a little recap of this weeks that I missed it would really help me be maybe a little bit at ease. 

Love

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, purpleedamame said:

I'm not clear re timeline anymore as my brain is kinda numb (not sleeping enough). But I think we're talking about 2 bans here: 1) the DRAMA ban which was in place way back then. That one was official. Show was pulled. And 2) the unofficial word-of-mouth ban/restriction of the actors themselves, which no one could prove (to this date, JY has said he never received notice of his restriction) but everyone feared to cross the line. 

Hide contents

Edit to add on: 2nd ban came waaaay after the 1st ban, and likely came about because of/perhaps due to/maybe as a result of: over hyping. There were also rumors that a rival broadcaster errr "reported" (sounds like us heh) Hunan TV for hiring and hyping the boys for HC and RTF2 so that's when the ball started rolling downhill...

So HC and RTF2 and TAR and whatnot -- all those were jobs that occurred after 1) which made the boys supremely popular. 2) came unexpectedly and in a much much scarier way (my opinion) because it was not explicit and full of fear-mongering.

Just my 2 cents today. 

Is this heard of, a personal ban on an artist? Is that normal? Not that there's anything normal at all about this whole mess...

I kind of feel like JY & ZZ are unwittingly part of this great big war in China, where the more conservative parties are desperately trying to contain the masses. Modern times with the internet and social media has really let loose a virtual tsunami of non-conservative Chinese people, I feel. A force that I doubt they'll be able to stop. Not more than momentarily, at least. 

Like you say, the issue with the second 'ban' really must be their skyrocketing popularity. It ressembles something akin to a cult, in the authorities eyes, I imagine. But like we've said, these troubles just deepens those feelings and really make all the fans really become a cult. You feel a little special being a part of this, right? It's so much bigger than us, this. 

Good thing these guys are young and talented. I hope they get really good advice so they can come out on top. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, nouveaux said:

If money was an issue, i think right now it would be no problem since fans can easily contribute financially through crowd-funding. As a film-maker myself, I just find it a waste not to finish shooting that one scene which meant so much not only to us fans, but to CJD as well. For a writer to see her work unfinished, will probably be her biggest regret. I so want to fly over to Beijing right now to see what options we can offer her. With financial support from the fans, and if the actors can spare about 2-3 weeks to film just that one scene, at least Addicted fans and the team behind it will finally feel justified.

That's why I do not buy lack of funding thingy... International fans would def chip in gladly, providing funds for one/two seasons IMHO. I think that was the only way for CJD to bow out with "grace". She must have been under a lot of stress/pressure, that culminated with hospital visit.

• Like 12

Just to add something right now Mainland China is a mess, with Panama Papers, people getting on their final nerves with Xi and all, it's not just oud Series that is going with problems, it's like everything  

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, thoron said:

@liesl @purpleedamame

agree. blurr them out? what's next have them wear masks?

its becoming laughable really.

JY has ONE more variety show (Yue Ba Dang Ming Xing) which he filmed/is still supposed to continue filming. Maybe they WILL make him wear a mask in future episodes. The good news regarding this particular show: supposed to be broadcasted online (via Tencent) only (unsure). The bad news: their promo so far has avoided mentioning or showing pics of JY (fact).

Spoiler

If I was a stronger person, I'd leave this fandom to preserve my sanity. Every day I keep thinking to myself "this HAS to be the rock bottom already" or "there's no way to go but up from now" etc. Except, ah..the abyss is apparently quite quite deep. 

• Like 20

Argh... this fandom is tiredsome really.. it is love hate relationship. But with you all around and supporting both of them i feel relief and it is like a safe heaven for me whenever i am here. 

Everytime i go weibo... sorry... need to release a bit here.

Spoiler

i hate to read weibo comments from anti-fans.. but due to accidental read it and my mind just can't stop me from continue reading it. (my chinese reading is slow but still if i put focus i can read it that's why is tired) So many anti-fans saying very very bad things about ZZ due to crazy pyscho fans of JY.  Not only say it bad.. but they do hashtag and make a lot more people discuss it and like it.

The fans tag ZZ and also tag JY when they have the verbal war... i wish ZZ and JY don't bother with it.. don't even read it. So hurtful.

I like JY too but why the fans are so damn crazy???  I wish no ZZ fans doing that to JY.

Wish both of them will have their own awesome career without both steps on each other path. ( I mean avoid fans keep comparing and wants to win over one another, but i guess is hard.)

Sorry... just releasing out some anger after the weibo comments.

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, purpleedamame said:

Previews for RTF2.

Hide contents

Cr on pic

Our boys apparently got blurred/mosaic-ed out. 

Thought I was immune already but... ahh... still hurts.

They are really serious about this aren't they... it's almost ridiculous how they are really going all out with the ban. 

Anyway. Don't ever let these boys lose their smiles. I like this part too much I made it my display pic.

006qkZSkjw1f3172z0i06g30ch0chx6p.gif

(my own GIF btw)

Remember the good times and please keep them in their prayers, for they have given us (well, at least me) such good memories. 

And there are more to come! I know they will be fine :D

(sorry for grammatical/spelling errors I have forgotten how to English this whole day heh)

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, purpleedamame said:

JY has ONE more variety show (Yue Ba Dang Ming Xing) which he filmed/is still supposed to continue filming. Maybe they WILL make him wear a mask in future episodes. The good news regarding this particular show: supposed to be broadcasted online (via Tencent) only (unsure). The bad news: their promo so far has avoided mentioning or showing pics of JY (fact).

Hide contents

If I was a stronger person, I'd leave this fandom to preserve my sanity. Every day I keep thinking to myself "this HAS to be the rock bottom already" or "there's no way to go but up from now" etc. Except, ah..the abyss is apparently quite quite deep. 

Nooo, don't leave!!!!

Spoiler

I was losing all hope yesterday too, and thought to myself, I need to save myself from this fandom. This is already not on a healthy level. But, I came back, and releasing the frustration, sadness, emotion with you guys actually help me going through the separation period from Addicted. Before the withdrawal didn't kicked in yet because the season 2 still lurking in as a hope for continuation. But, now, it's been cut and now I am facing a withdrawal symptom. Don't leave, let's do this together!!!

But, if the bad news is true, what will happen to JY's career? If he can't even get a promo for his show? 

• Like 15

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ???? are they going to put mask in every show ??? i don't understand please someone help me 

wtf !!!!!!! if i were them i swear i will move to taiwan or anywhere :tears:

this is toooooooooooooooooooo much

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

Is this heard of, a personal ban on an artist? 

Spoiler

Hmm, yes. They banned some actor (no idea who) for visiting prostitutes (got pulled up officially by the police). They also banned Jaycee Fong and that young Taiwanese actor (Kai Ko, was pretty famous then too) when they were caught with marijuana in Beijing. Banning for these = no appearance on TV, movies and adverts. It was a real, direct ban. That movie hit (Monster Hunt) was actually first filmed with Kai Ko but was totally refilmed with Jing Boran subsequently.

Here's the wikipedia excerpt on Monster Hunt and the Kai Ko's ban (which was not officially conveyed as well).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunt

Principal photography and production ended in December 2013 and by summer of 2014 the team was working on the special effects which was about 70% done. However, in August of the same year lead actor Kai Ko was arrested in Beijing for drug charges. Hui's initial reaction was that the incident and subsequent arrest of Ko would give him more time to work on the special effects even better.[4][14] Despite no officials directly ordering the film to be reshot, in fall of the same year, producers Doris Tse and Kong informed Hui of the decision to reshoot 70% of the film with a new actor in place since Chinese authorities were unwilling to show the film with a drug-using headliner anytime soon. Kong admitted that it was a normal business decision and that there wasn't much heroism involved.[4][12] However, such a massive undertaking would have to cost millions of dollars; they would have to refilm 70% and redo 25% of the special-effects work, call back the cast and crew, find a new leading man and rebuild sets. Hui admitted that he cried after hearing this due to the turmoil he endured.[4][12] The second filming took almost five weeks (32 days),[16] finishing in late March 2015.[4] Jing Boran, who had starred in one of Kong's other recent films, was so eager to help Kong and Hui that he volunteered to take over Kai Ko's role without collecting a salary. More than 90% of the original crew returned for the reshoots, with many also working for free or at a reduced rate.[12] Every day, as he completed his shots, Hui would edit and send the footage to Base FX so that effects work could start immediately.[4] In addition to redoing all the scenes that had previously contained Ko, Hui and Kong added several new sequences and new roles and cameos for some additional well-known actors, such as Yao Chen to boost the movie's star quotient,[4][12]

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, may said:

Hide contents

i hate to read weibo comments from anti-fans.. but due to accidental read it and my mind just can't stop me from continue reading it. (my chinese reading is slow but still if i put focus i can read it that's why is tired) So many anti-fans saying very very bad things about ZZ due to crazy pyscho fans of JY.  Not only say it bad.. but they do hashtag and make a lot more people discuss it and like it.

The fans tag ZZ and also tag JY when they have the verbal war... i wish ZZ and JY don't bother with it.. don't even read it. So hurtful.

I like JY too but why the fans are so damn crazy???  I wish no ZZ fans doing that to JY.

Wish both of them will have their own awesome career without both steps on each other path. ( I mean avoid fans keep comparing and wants to win over one another, but i guess is hard.)

Sorry... just releasing out some anger after the weibo comments.

Spoiler

I feel you. Its the main reason I need to step out and just support JY remotely coz I can't stand the fandom. They are toxic. They bash everyone everything just to "protect" JY. They even curse CJD to death in Weibo after FM ystd and I just cant ._. However I'd want to say ZZ is a very strong man (so is JY) so he'll overcome all the anti anyway. ZZ never cries in public, don't forget that :D

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Ariodante said:

That's why I do not buy lack of funding thingy... International fans would def chip in gladly, providing funds for one/two seasons IMHO. I think that was the only way for CJD to bow out with "grace". She must have been under a lot of stress/pressure, that culminated with hospital visit.

There are two things I can think of that has resulted in the ban:

1) As someone mentioned, the two boys sudden rise in popularity has been nothing short of alarming. Usually rising stars are commonplace, but to have stars rising out from a controversial theme such as BL is not what the government would encourage.... which is actually quite weird since homosexuality is actually quite commonplace in ancient China. There was the famous story of the gay emperor who cut off his sleeves so that he won't wake his sleeping lover... there's even famous classics featuring lesbianism... so frankly, homosexuality is not foreign to Chinese culture... so I don't understand why they view this as a Western liberal kind of thing. In any case, homosexuality remains taboo nonetheless.

2) The boys offended some mafia in the entertainment industry. Mafia has long been known to have dealings within the industry. We've heard about how stars have to literally "sell" themselves to these people... perhaps, the boys unknowingly offended some people which has resulted in this blanket ban. It's not like China has never produced any gay themed shows before... of course, nothing was as successful as Addicted... but still, think about even older shows like Ang Lee's Wedding Banquet or Lan Yu (then again, Lan Yu was and is still is banned... though I wonder what happened to the actors...). So what I'm trying to say is that such movies have been produced and shown in Mainland China but nobody has actually really banned the actors for it!!! So could there be something more than meets the eye? Maybe. Maybe not.

Anyway, if the actors are already banned in China, they should just finish filming the show. It makes no difference anyway... not that I'm not worried about ZZ and JY but seriously, as much as I want their careers to progress, but if damage is already done, then finishing with season 1 will not do any worse damage. Just saying.

• Like 14

48 minutes ago, htuvecila said:

So there are some suggestions to Fengsong's teary speech about JY and ZZ. After repeating few times I think I heard Chen Wen too. The whole sentence was "I wish JY big brother, Chen Wen and ZZ brother to be better". Summon all the Chinese speakers in our forum to confirm it.

If what I heard is true, what FS said was normal and there is no drama behind it.

I was about to post the same thing, good thing I checked beforehand. I listened to that part multiple times as well and I definitely heard Chen Wen's name between JY's and ZZ's. It was easy to miss because he was crying so much...

(waking up to pictures of ZZ with kittens is such a wonderful feeling)

• Like 10