1 hour ago, draco25 said:

Hi everyone. Long time lurker here. Like many others I feel the need to share my thoughts after all the recent developments. I sent Johnny a message on IG. I have no idea if he'll be able to understand it but I wanted to share it with you guys because it explains exactly how I feel about this series:

Hi Johnny,

Just a message of support from an international fan. You're the only one from the cast and crew I can reach so I hope you can let everyone know how much we love and support your show. As a happily married gay man (married to a guy) I love how this show supports acceptance of gay people as real human beings who love and suffer just like everyone else. I have had my share of doing crazy things for love so I totally understand Gu Hai's obsession. At the same time I can see a deep and real love between the characters that is very heartwarming. Gu Hai reminds me very much of my husband and I am a lot like Bai Lu Yin. I want to let you guys know that your international fans will support you 100% in continuing filming of the novel. We will buy the DVDs, we will even help support you financially through donations if that is possible. We all want to see the happy ending at the end of the novel! We do hope the cast and crew stays the same. Chai Jidan is amazing and her vision really helps the show stay true to the novel. You and Wei Zhou are perfect together too. One more thing - I am a Filipino fan and we ourselves have to deal with homophobia. We have an internationally renowned boxer  (Manny Pacquiao) who just said gay people are "worse than animals." He is running for senator and will probably win. At first I thought this was mainly a religious issue but I guess it is more about those in power wanting control over their citizens.  My husband and I got married in South Africa and we're hoping to build a life together in the states where we will be accepted and legally recognized. But we still hope that eventually the whole world will be more accepting of us as human beings. This really starts with changing the hearts and minds of regular people, which is why your show is so important.
Lastly, I had the chance to visit Beijing once in the winter and it was very beautiful. But I have never wanted to learn Mandarin Chinese until now because of your show. I want to understand everything firsthand and I want to finally be able to read Chai Jidan's novel! All the best :)

If you don't mind me asking, is your husband Filipino, too? :) OMG CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!! <3

• Like 3

1 minute ago, skeletonworks said:

Me too mate! Me too! It was played during the earlier episode as well. Episode 1 or 2 if I'm not mistaken. Since then I was hooked!

It is the song for the movie Boy Hood (a movie that literally filmed over a decade). I've been in love with the song since I watched the movie.

The song says a story about not wanting to grow up and stay as kids.

Sry for being off topic xD

• Like 3

Ok i'm finished watching the series i need to wait now the english sub to understand what happened. Lol

There is two new character, a man with a STIFFED attitude, and a girl i believe is BLY gf. (i need to be corrected to this one) lol

BTW, is it ok that i died laughing when GH is buying, can someone enlighten me about that scene, BLY laugh is so adorable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zaraki Kenpachi said:

I'm happy for the path you choose. well i'm here in the dark afraid of coming out, even though it was cold here i'm happy that i watched this series it gives me a reason that i need to live on.

You look familiar with the place have you been in china before??

I was in Beijing last year when I had a 13 hour layover. They gave me a free visitor's pass and I took the train to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. Amazing! Lots of Chinese tourists too and I was a bit scared because I only know 2 words in Chinese (ni hao and xiexie ;p) but it was a great experience. Lots of walking. I spent some time exploring the area around the walls and that's how I found it familiar. I tried some of the street food (it looked like a pancake, really cheap and yummy) but I regret not trying the red balls on a stick that GH gave to BLY - they look good! Hopefully next time I can come back with my husband to visit the Great Wall and maybe I'll know enough Chinese by then to chat with the locals. That's always the best part of traveling :)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Just finished watching episode 13,14 & 15!!!! :w00t: I'm smiling, laughing, giggling like I understand what they were saying but I don't. LOL. On top of my head aka memorable scene:

• Guhai pulling the chair for his wifey to sit :wub:
  • Luoyin waiting for Guhai in the cold. He saw Guhai's sweat and probably thinking Guhai must have ran all the way to get back to Luoyin because he knows Luoyin is waiting for him. At that thought, it seems like Luoyin is melting... Awwww.... Wait a minute. I thought his apartment is on the 13th floor?!
  • Guhai buying all the couple stuffs because he saw Luoyin's couple watch with his ex-gf.. I'm just like over the moon!!! And he even got couple nail clipper with the engraved "A husband who doesn't satisfy his wife is not a good husband" and "YOU!!!!" as described by @alvinboi
  • Their photo together in the room at two instances I remember. One when Luoyin woke up and found Guhai was not besides him (their couple photo is on the bedside table). Two when Luoyin was on the phone with Shihui, their couple photo was on the headboard shelf.
  • Luoyin crying while being comforted by Guhai and Guhai also got teary. That was such an amazing scene by both Johnny and Zhouzhou!!!!!
  • Guhai cuddling Luoyin so close in episode 13 :w00t: Guhai's head touched Luoyin's neck!
  • Guhai and Luoyin all hot and sweaty in the car.. I wonder why... :phew: Can they perspire so much just from kissing?
  • Guhai and Luoyin showering together???? (when Luoyin's mum violated their love nest!!)
  • Luoyin's hand on Guhai's arm on the bed the next day after Luoyin's dad got married
  • Yangmeng's shocked face when he saw Guhai and Luoyin in Luoyin's room LOL
  • Luoyin LICKING HIS LIPS before proceeding to violate Guhai!!! Guhai LICKING HIS LIPS before proceeding to violate Luoyin in the car!!!!!

I'm a bit gutted they cut the kissing scene because I hate waiting for the DVD and I don't even know if they're gonna sell it or not... But I guess they have to take precautions in case it got flagged by some homophobic person on the Youtube >_>

Ugh I'm so tired right now even though I want to spend more time here and fangirl with you lots!! *cries*

Actually the other nail clipper doesn't say "you", it's the scolding that they always use - i.e. When GH tries to do anything to LY and LY will shout back at him to F off haha. The hanyu pinyin is "gun" and sounds like "goon" which literally means roll, but when said in that context it means F off. 

• Like 5

Guest skeletonworks
1 minute ago, lalatelev said:

Actually the other nail clipper doesn't say "you", it's the scolding that they always use - i.e. When GH tries to do anything to LY and LY will shout back at him to F off haha. The hanyu pinyin is "gun" and sounds like "goon" which literally means roll, but when said in that context it means F off. 

Thank you for correcting me!! The only thing I remember is what Guhai said hahahaha.

Episode 15 was uploaded to their official channel. Not sure if this was mentioned, but under the description there's a message which states that season 2 is currently being "prepared" (whatever that means). Of course, it could just be one of those generic official statements, but at least there's some hope!

if anyone hears anything more official from their weibo etc feel free to share it here! I could translate some stuff 

• Like 8

Guest skeletonworks

Also love the song playing when Luoyin was about to violate Guhai hahaha.. So matching the theme... "You're you are... The trouble I'm in..."

6 minutes ago, lalatelev said:

Lou Yin is so verbally abusive....He deserves all the teasing Gu Hai is giving him LOL

2 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Also love the song playing when Luoyin was about to violate Guhai hahaha.. So matching the theme... "You're you are... The trouble I'm in..."

"So I'm giving in...to the trouble I'm in" *giggle*

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thoron said:

Everyones so hyper. The pages gets refreshed with new comments in seconds. Thats the effect of 3 episodes at once.

your right .. because 3 eps at once is really hard to take all in .. im already done watching the remaining eps but im watching it again ..

i so LOVE GH face when he gets jealous .. its like he wanted to kill YM by the way he stares ;) .. ahaha JOHNNY's smirk can literally let anyone fall for him .. xoxo

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Thank you for correcting me!! The only thing I remember is what Guhai said hahahaha.

Haha sure! I thought of just mentioning it, cause it's probably cuter given the context of GH always talking about pleasuring his wife and LY always trying to chase him away (although we know he's just acting tough)

• Like 3