So I may be disturbing an ant nest here but I really just have to tease.

A commenter for this clip asked why is Johnny sweating in this scene and got this reply:

• shishinguyen@clarisafy96 maybe the whole body of him rise flame  In an interview, Jingyu and weizhou said they have real feeling in kiss scene, its not just acting. At that moment, they fall in love each other, that why some bloger in china said "they look at each other with unsual eyes".

I need confirmation. I'm about die! Say its so:wub: pls

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lalatelev said:

So regarding the second season/future of the series, it seems that the author of the series has given a recent interview, and this Addicted Facebook fan page posted screenshots of the interview: 13 new photos - for those who can read Mandarin, feel free to check it out.

I'm not sure if this was recent, but it probably is because they are addressing the ban and asking questions about the future of the series.

A lot of stuff was discussed in this interview - the most important probably is this:

Regarding the ban/future of the series, the author said that the rest of the episodes can be viewed on international sites (i.e. YouTube), and that the DVD will be pushed out after that (whatever that means). Also, the ban is currently not affecting the production of the second series, and preparation work for season 2 is underway. They will probably start working on the second season around March, and carry on filming in May (as mentioned before). 

So it seems that the ban is only affecting the current season in terms of removing the episodes. 

The rest of the interview are questions regarding the actors, the series itself, the production process etc. I thought this would probably give a bit more clarification! It's probably just a waiting game at this point. 

Thanks for the update!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, lalatelev said:

So regarding the second season/future of the series, it seems that the author of the series has given a recent interview, and this Addicted Facebook fan page posted screenshots of the interview: 13 new photos - for those who can read Mandarin, feel free to check it out.

I'm not sure if this was recent, but it probably is because they are addressing the ban and asking questions about the future of the series.

A lot of stuff was discussed in this interview - the most important probably is this:

Regarding the ban/future of the series, the author said that the rest of the episodes can be viewed on international sites (i.e. YouTube), and that the DVD will be pushed out after that (whatever that means). Also, the ban is currently not affecting the production of the second series, and preparation work for season 2 is underway. They will probably start working on the second season around March, and carry on filming in May (as mentioned before). 

So it seems that the ban is only affecting the current season in terms of removing the episodes. 

The rest of the interview are questions regarding the actors, the series itself, the production process etc. I thought this would probably give a bit more clarification! It's probably just a waiting game at this point. 

so in season 2 are we expecting less intimate moments from the two?? to avoid banning the series??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mym999 said:

I really thoghy BLY will be embarassed after initiating kiss..and how they talk after the incident...still there are no eng sub for this....But  every part of trailer is shown in 15 episodes...BLYs exGF is better than Lulu...i want to know how GH deals with SH...He gets jealous even if a stranger talks to BLY...

I don't know.....I don't think SH is better than Lu Lu at all. If I have, I would choose Lu Lu any day ( the actress seems nice in person too). Lu Lu can be aggressive and...not very smart, but at least she is pretty straight forward with her feeling and action. Honestly, her scheme to make Gu Hai jealous is so sloppy and awkward that I feel sorry for her.

SH, on the other hand, might have a nice face but her personality is so annoying to me. SH pesters Lou Yin without shame. Yes, Lu Lu is clingy too but she will stop/storm out if Gu Hai says no. She even said she would leave if Gu Hai admitted he is liking some one else. At least she still has some dignity that way. Her whole shenanigan is the result of Gu Hai never telling her the truth. Remember when SH said she would annoy Pa Pa Yin if Lou Yin didn't answer her call?? How low could you go woman.......And what she will do in the future, man....what a sk.ank.

21 minutes ago, pureblade said:

So I may be disturbing an ant nest here but I really just have to tease.

A commenter for this clip asked why is Johnny sweating in this scene and got this reply:

• shishinguyen@clarisafy96 maybe the whole body of him rise flame  In an interview, Jingyu and weizhou said they have real feeling in kiss scene, its not just acting. At that moment, they fall in love each other, that why some bloger in china said "they look at each other with unsual eyes".

I need confirmation. I'm about die! Say its so:wub: pls

Might be I have a dirty mind but it seems there is more going on than just kissing.......:rolleyes: The body movement of GH suggests he is doing something else.:phew:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Zaraki Kenpachi said:

so in season 2 are we expecting less intimate moments from the two?? to avoid banning the series??

First, the interviewer asked about the plans for season 2. Apart from stating that its planned to begin filming in May, the author said that it will definitely have way more episodes than 15. 

Next, the interviewer mentioned that the latter half of the story has a lot of scenes that are sexual in nature and asked how do they plan to deal with that. The author replied that while they probably won't be able to film everything and stay completely true to the book, they will retain and film whatever they can. 

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, lalatelev said:

First, the interviewer asked about the plans for season 2. Apart from stating that its planned to begin filming in May, the author said that it will definitely have way more episodes than 15. 

Next, the interviewer mentioned that the latter half of the story has a lot of scenes that are sexual in nature and asked how do they planned to deal with that. The author replied that they probably won't be able to film everything and completely true to the book, but that they will retain and film whatever they can. 

OMG, yes please. We need way more than 15 doses.

CJD won't let go of the *actions* completely. I bet she would even film everything completely true to the book if she can ;)

HOLY....This is an excerpt from the article of –Lilian Lin about china's censors of web series:

"Iqiyi.com said the drama was produced at a cost of 5 million yuan ($760,000) per episode, a record for Chinese Web dramas. The shows had helped to draw in paid subscribers to the video streaming sites, including nearly 30 million yuan ($4.56 million) in revenue from paid subscriptions to Le.com in about a month, according to the company. Paid subscribers are given instant access to all of the show’s episodes rather than of having to wait for each weekly update."

The show mentioned on the paragraph is "The Lost Tomb". I know cost for web series could be huge but $760k per episode????? It  is pretty crazy. ( well, some American shows have budget of over $10 million per episode...Many are over over $4 million.) Never knew there is much money going on in this field.

• Like 1

Still there are no subtitles.......I want to watch in eng sub.....i cant understand what they are saying....There's a long way for season2...

I just messed up my kitchen ... i cant concentrate much on cooking bcz of this...Seriously this series wil effect for a week till i get over with....

• Like 1

A new fanfic based on my take on how the car accident impacted Luoyin and his marriage. Delves into why Guhai constantly fears losing Luoyin, even after marrying him:

link removed: link removed

Excerpt:

Spoiler

fanfiction removed

(@gayyoxx Hey there. I read your analysis of why you think GH is always afraid of losing LY...and then decided to add my own twist and write a story about it, HAHA.)

On February 24, 2016 at 11:09 AM, skeletonworks said:

Me me me!!!! Hahaha. I read the husbands storyline and you are damn good!!! Your level of smuts is almost as detailed as CJD hahahahahhaa My cheeks felt hot reading it!!! Sorry I couldn't review it sooner. Actually I plan to re-read it again when I'm free because they blocked some of the curse or obscene words since I didn't register to the site. So it's like weird with the missing "words" lol but it was still hot nonetheless hahahahaha It's totally like Guhai to take care of Luoyin when he's down. It's like his love & care for Luoyin didn't fade away even after 6 years of marriage and that's really sweet....

It's okay! I'm just really curious as to who's reading my stuff, haha. Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it - even the smuts ;) I actually didn't know AFF blocked curse/obscene words. That must be so strange to read :huh:

On February 24, 2016 at 2:45 PM, fritzgerald said:

Lurkers.... Hahahahaha!!!! Honestly, the first one of your fanfic ive read was the one where they got separated... And it made me very sad especially with whats happening now regarding this web series. However, im still addicted so im lookong for a time to read the rest 

Ah, I'm assuming you're referring to "Extra 2: Flip Side" of How He Became 'Zhouzhou'? That was a sad for me to write as well ): Thanks for reading though.

On February 24, 2016 at 3:15 PM, lancei said:

OMG, yes please. We need way more than 15 doses.

CJD won't let go of the *actions* completely. I bet she would even film everything completely true to the book if she can ;)

HOLY....This is an excerpt from the article of –Lilian Lin about china's censors of web series:

"Iqiyi.com said the drama was produced at a cost of 5 million yuan ($760,000) per episode, a record for Chinese Web dramas. The shows had helped to draw in paid subscribers to the video streaming sites, including nearly 30 million yuan ($4.56 million) in revenue from paid subscriptions to Le.com in about a month, according to the company. Paid subscribers are given instant access to all of the show’s episodes rather than of having to wait for each weekly update."

The show mentioned on the paragraph is "The Lost Tomb". I know cost for web series could be huge but $760k per episode????? It  is pretty crazy. ( well, some American shows have budget of over $10 million per episode...Many are over over $4 million.) Never knew there is much money going on in this field.

I think we can safely say, after seeing the same two or three outfits over the course of 15 episodes, that Addicted's budget is probably 1,000x less than that :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

@skeletonworks and @alvinboi thank you for your replies!

Fellow addicts, your posts are life. Dont let the Chinese Govt take our happiness away. Scour the internet for tidbits, gifs, trivia about our "drug" especially the interesting ones from weibo since not everyone can understand Chinese, and share them here. 

Im sure I'm not only one.. 

But raise your hand  if at this point, when rewatching an episode,  during the obb or opening sequence..

You can now positively recognize each of the pictures in the montage before the lyrics in the song starts.. 

1. Wooden Fence - where is that? 

2. GrandFather Clock. That funny thing that hit GH feet at the right moment. Remember that? 

3. Their Bags sweetly snuggled together. BLYs brown/moss green one and GHs Chicago Bulls black one.

4. Kettle from BLYs house. its still steaming. (Hinting at future steamy scenes. Lol im over analyzing. )

5. Succulents!  I mean succulents are plants but "succulent" also means tender, juicy, and tasty. So is this a reference for GuHais bumbums? Haha (over analyzing again.)

6. The trackfield where magic happens. 

..and then ZhouZhou's heavenly voice starts singing with the image of them biking together.. 

and i no longer want to enumerate the accompanying scenes,  we all know where each are from. haha

also because I'm in HEAVEN. "I Only Care About You" is my favorite song. I first posted here when i thought it was taken down and i panicked lol. (imagine the effect on me, the thought of it gone forced me out of the dark! Hehe)

..but then Johnny's voice starts and I'm thrown back to HELL. 

because its the sexiest and god knows im not thinking pure thoughts whenever i hear his part. Lol

----

Also, Jin Lulu is never included.. Reminding all of us that Life is Beautiful after all. Haha

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lalatelev said:

Ooh thanks for finding that!

Wow this is interesting if this is real that means Addiction Season 2 is really happening *squeals*! I'm so excited for that, it's really shocking that they aren't stopping after the ban, and can't wait to get my hands on the DVD aha.

As for the rest of the interview I'll add some cute tidbits I found, apparently they were trying to fix Johnny's accent (as you can see in one of the BTS videos) but after practicing nothing really changed, CJD basically said screw it! I think she also says that it's unique, maybe that's why she didn't mind it? The interviewer also asked if she ever thought about dubbing him over (very common in Chinese dramas since there's so many dialects dramas get dubbed over and over again), CJD answered no because she thinks his accent is adorbs, and so does a lot of people. It's also expensive to find a dubber! Another question is that since GH has a lot of dirty lines were there a lot of bloopers, CJD answered that Johnny had no problems with his "dirty" lines. ;) 

The interviewer also asks CDJ what they're doing when they're not filming, basically her response was sleep. They would be up at 6am until 9 or 10, and any chance there was a break they would sleep. (yikes!) I have to applaud CDJ and the staff, must've been hard filming this and then to get banned! The interviewer also asked about WZ's involvement with the OST, apparently he participated a lot in the drama's OST, maybe even composing it? (sorry my Chinese isn't that great)

They also talked about Johnny's acting, CJD says that all of the acting, mainly focusing on the romantic parts, came from within himself, they're basically trying to say Johnny did it all by himself ahahaha... *sweats* The interviewer also asked if these "rough" scenes made WZ get hurt, she replied by saying that injuries usually did not happen but if they did they were minor, like cuts, sprains, bruises. Haha I've watched the BTS enough to see that all the rough housing they do usually results in someone saying "it hurts!". 

Lastly the interviewer states that the reason why CJD cut so much from the drama is because she could sell the DVD later with all the uncut episodes, thus making money. She refutes the statement saying that the regulations were so strict that's why they had to cut so much out. 

That's all I could translate, the pictures were so blurry on Facebook and then on Weibo the full picture wasn't showing for me. :'( Hope this feeds some of your addiction guys. 

• Like 13

13 hours ago, Zaraki Kenpachi said:

Filipino movies/series with this kind of theme is always tragic, they ended up nothing or the other one died in an accident or in disease.

They actuallygot together in the end in that series... Which is what will happen to our boys, GH and BLY in the very end. However, its not the destination that we want and will cherish all the time right? Its the "journey" of our boys towards that destination that we want to see and "be with them" in a sense. :)

• Like 3

BLY and GH really fall in love??? thats why they can act so naturally....

Mostly people in this field fall in love while working together....Some professionally  fall in love for better filming..But after filming they remain friendz......Most celebrities breakup reason is common...Busy schedule...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fritzgerald said:

They actuallygot together in the end in that series... Which is what will happen to our boys, GH and BLY in the very end. However, its not the destination that we want and will cherish all the time right? Its the "journey" of our boys towards that destination that we want to see and "be with them" in a sense. :)

I'm glad to hear that they ended up together. actually for me it is a SIN if you do not watch these, technically i can't recommend these as i am one the these "PEOPLE" who hides in the dark because of "RELIGION".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancei said:

I don't know.....I don't think SH is better than Lu Lu at all. If I have, I would choose Lu Lu any day ( the actress seems nice in person too). Lu Lu can be aggressive and...not very smart, but at least she is pretty straight forward with her feeling and action. Honestly, her scheme to make Gu Hai jealous is so sloppy and awkward that I feel sorry for her.

SH, on the other hand, might have a nice face but her personality is so annoying to me. SH pesters Lou Yin without shame. Yes, Lu Lu is clingy too but she will stop/storm out if Gu Hai says no. She even said she would leave if Gu Hai admitted he is liking some one else. At least she still has some dignity that way. Her whole shenanigan is the result of Gu Hai never telling her the truth. Remember when SH said she would annoy Pa Pa Yin if Lou Yin didn't answer her call?? How low could you go woman.......And what she will do in the future, man....what a sk.ank.

Might be I have a dirty mind but it seems there is more going on than just kissing.......:rolleyes: The body movement of GH suggests he is doing something else.:phew:

So its like SH is a wolf in sheep's clothing while LuLu is just a sheep?! Meh! Hihihi... So beware of those kinds like SH... A scheming... Richard simmons! :P

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, leemicho said:

Ooh thanks for finding that!

Wow this is interesting if this is real that means Addiction Season 2 is really happening *squeals*! I'm so excited for that, it's really shocking that they aren't stopping after the ban, and can't wait to get my hands on the DVD aha.

As for the rest of the interview I'll add some cute tidbits I found, apparently they were trying to fix Johnny's accent (as you can see in one of the BTS videos) but after practicing nothing really changed, CJD basically said screw it! I think she also says that it's unique, maybe that's why she didn't mind it? The interviewer also asked if she ever thought about dubbing him over (very common in Chinese dramas since there's so many dialects dramas get dubbed over and over again), CJD answered no because she thinks his accent is adorbs, and so does a lot of people. It's also expensive to find a dubber! Another question is that since GH has a lot of dirty lines were there a lot of bloopers, CJD answered that Johnny had no problems with his "dirty" lines. ;) 

The interviewer also asks CDJ what they're doing when they're not filming, basically her response was sleep. They would be up at 6am until 9 or 10, and any chance there was a break they would sleep. (yikes!) I have to applaud CDJ and the staff, must've been hard filming this and then to get banned! The interviewer also asked about WZ's involvement with the OST, apparently he participated a lot in the drama's OST, maybe even composing it? (sorry my Chinese isn't that great)

They also talked about Johnny's acting, CJD says that all of the acting, mainly focusing on the romantic parts, came from within himself, they're basically trying to say Johnny did it all by himself ahahaha... *sweats* The interviewer also asked if these "rough" scenes made WZ get hurt, she replied by saying that injuries usually did not happen but if they did they were minor, like cuts, sprains, bruises. Haha I've watched the BTS enough to see that all the rough housing they do usually results in someone saying "it hurts!". 

Lastly the interviewer states that the reason why CJD cut so much from the drama is because she could sell the DVD later with all the uncut episodes, thus making money. She refutes the statement saying that the regulations were so strict that's why they had to cut so much out. 

That's all I could translate, the pictures were so blurry on Facebook and then on Weibo the full picture wasn't showing for me. :'( Hope this feeds some of your addiction guys. 

Thanks for translating the other interesting parts! I was a little lazy haha. And yes! Wei Zhou is credited as the composer and lyricist for the opening and ending songs, along with the author as well. 

• Like 3

Hi all, this is slightly off topic but I have a few questions. I'm asking because as an author of original BL (I don't just write fanfics), I have a dream to one day produce my own series in China (of course with a translated English-to-Mandarin version of my novel/script). A few months ago, I obtained two internships with film companies in Beijing but had to decline them due to separate plans. The recent ban on controversial material like BL-related content is sad but hasn't completely discouraged me from wanting to produce a BL series in Beijing. The decision to produce and air in Beijing is due to their bigger, more accepting fanbase in comparison to other Asian countries (I don't plan on producing in America as my stories have Asian characters and Asian content isn't as widely accepted there). That being said, as I'm an American currently living in Japan and have yet to travel to China (likely this year), I'm rather clueless about the process one has to go through to get their original BL novel/work produced into an aired series.

1. Does anyone know the basic steps CJD had to go through to first get Counterattack produced, as it was her first novel-to-series? As in, who did she first have to contact (companies, specific people, etc)? Does it have to go through some form of approval process? How was it that she found funding? At what point in the process did she audition actors? How did she advertise the auditions/find actors? Any answers to any of these would be greatly appreciated.

2. I'm assuming CJD didn't just go and find her own director/film crew so how did that happen?

3. Is anyone here a film student that would be able to help me better understand the film industry/production process via a private conversation? I'm studying Entertainment Business so my knowledge of film is rather limited. I do, however, have a background in videography (short videos, video editing, etc.) that got me the internships at the Beijing film companies.

On another note

1. Is anyone here familiar with the acting process in China? I'm referring to how the actors are notified of these series that are looking for certain roles to be filled. Is it easy to find (i.e. on Weibo)? For Counterattack, I know Dachi said he "found the series" and asked Dayu to audition with him. How did he "find the series"? How did Jingyu? Weizhou? I'm assuming the actress for Lulu got dragged along by Jingyu, but that's different. I do acting as well and would appreciate some clarification on this for future reference.

Thank you so much if someone decides to take the time to help me out ^_^

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lancei said:

Okay that made my skip a beat XD How I wish they are really together .Most BL casts usually lie about that stuff to make us even more addicted.

54 minutes ago, fritzgerald said:
14 hours ago, Zaraki Kenpachi said:

Filipino movies/series with this kind of theme is always tragic, they ended up nothing or the other one died in an accident or in disease.

True and this is why I never watch them like the hell !

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Zaraki Kenpachi said:

At least it's another happy ending like the Like Love series and Counterattack Webseries .Love it XD 

• Like 2