@izziehudson and @kmmyzz am starting to get worried of this new variety show that JY will be in on 3/7

Spoiler

Kimmy told me that the show will be all women show with one male god. Uhm. 2 MC, 6 women panels and 50 women audiences. I just hope he would not be objectified and asked to give fan service like in that see you monday show. 

Like charlie10 I am quite bittersweet with all of these variety shows. It is good to keep him under spotlight, so he wont fade away as sparft wanted. But, starring in one variety shows after another. Sigh. Baby whale, I hope, pray, wish, sending positive thoughts that you can soon get a real acting job. #sobs

• Like 24

45 minutes ago, Scandani said:

I just hope he would not be objectified and asked to give fan service like in that see you monday show. 

Like charlie10 I am quite bittersweet with all of these variety shows. It is good to keep him under spotlight, so he wont fade away as sparft wanted. But, starring in one variety shows after another. Sigh. Baby whale, I hope, pray, wish, sending positive thoughts that you can soon get a real acting job. #sobs

For JY fans it's a catch-22. We want to see our idol and know that he is doing well, but at the same time we don't want him to be constantly seen in demeaning roles. @Scandani, @charlie10 Like you guys, I too hope that very soon we will get to see JY in a real movie role. JY has so much untapped raw talent and limitless potential it would be a shame if he is continued to be devalued.

• Like 17

57 minutes ago, Scandani said:

@izziehudson and @kmmyzz am starting to get worried of this new variety show that JY will be in on 3/7

Reveal hidden contents

Kimmy told me that the show will be all women show with one male god. Uhm. 2 MC, 6 women panels and 50 women audiences. I just hope he would not be objectified and asked to give fan service like in that see you monday show. 

I have the same feeling too! Thats why as much as i like how he is getting invited to a lot of shows but i just hope there wont be any fans interaction kind of show like Youku star, See you Monday anymore. But of course i am curious to find out what secrets will be revealed especially there's ella. @bearology it will be recorded in BJ.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Scandani said:

Hide contents

OMG. 

Spoiler

I didn't know it was gonna be that kind of variety show... *sigh* I was expecting something like talk show kind of thing, where JY can just be himself, talk about himself, answer questions, make people fall in love with him (or love him more, in our case) and stuff. I'm hoping that Selina and Ella won't fail me us -- Just let him talk, I really love his Youku interview (more like he was simply talking about himself lol) and I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to that. 

I couldn't be bothered to watch the See You Monday show, can't stand the kind of fan service he had to do. And no, I'm not even slightly jealous with the fans or whatsoever, I'm just trying to put myself in his shoes - I can imagine how uncomfortable JY would feel. I really hope he will get a proper acting job soon, he clearly deserves more than just being on variety shows and doing things that clearly make him really (if not slightly) uncomfortable. We get it, he's really attractive - but that doesn't mean we should objectify him, asking him to do things he may be uncomfortable with. **I cringe every time I watch the fan service he had to do in the shows - poor little whale!**

It frustrates me a lot because JY was the one who kinda got me into this fandom in the first place, because he was exceptionally good in the series despite that being his first acting project (then I became a total CP fan after I'm convinced by you guys) but it's hard to support him because he doesn't have a proper (solo, acting etc) project that I can really support, only invitations to attend variety shows etc. That's why it may seem like I am more ZZ-biased, it's only because ZZ has released an album etc.

Thanks for the info btw @kmmyzz ! 

• Like 22

This is an honest question, I'm not implying anything so pls don't get mad at me. Can you guys explain to me why being on variety shows "demean" and "devalue" JY? And I'm not talking about variety shows he was on before Shangyin. I'm talking about shows like DWS and Super something (I forgot) where he drew monkey King and kangaroo. And I'm not talking about the supposed Xiao S show either. I know everyone including me want to see him in drama and movie but like one article with Pardon Hu (JY's fan) asking the director of DWS, they're trying to show people the good side of JY. But for movie and drama crew to star him they got to have good reason to go against those "restrictions" and this needs time.

I understand many don't like how they're trying put JY and LL together to draw in viewers, but how is that different from in the future when he stars in dramas and movies and they try to promote him as a cp with other actresses to promote? To me this is really nothing to worry about because it's only work. I think if JY has agreed to be in these shows then he probably know what he's getting into and he agrees to be on them. He is his own boss. I don't think he would deliberately agrees to be on shows he's not comfortable with or against. 

Edit: also, how is fan service on Monday show differ from fan service on photoshoot like men's uno? To me that photoshoot was to fan service also.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, fuyuko said:

I have a question for some of you guys on this thread. This is an honest question, I'm not implying anything so pls don't get mad at me. Can you guys explain to me why being on variety shows "demean" and "devalue" JY? And I'm not talking about variety shows he was on before Shangyin. I'm talking about shows like DWS and Super something (I forgot) where he drew monkey King and kangaroo. And I'm not talking about the supposed Xiao S show either. I know everyone including me want to see him in drama and movie but like one article with Pardon Hu (JY's fan) asking the director of DWS, they're trying to show people the good side of JY. But for movie and drama crew to star him they got to have good reason to go against those "restrictions" and this needs time.

I understand many (CP fans) don't like how they're trying put JY and LL together to draw in viewers, but how is that different from in the future when he stars in dramas and movies and they try to promote him as a cp with other actresses to promote? To me this is really nothing to worry about because it's only work. If JY has agreed to be in these shows then he must know what he's getting into and he agrees to be on them. He is his own boss. I don't think he would deliberately agrees to be on shows he's not comfortable with or against. 

Edit: also, how is fan service on Monday show differ from fan service on photoshoot like men's uno? To me that photoshoot was totally fanservice to fan girls. Is it ok because it was with ZZ?

Okay calm down. People have their own opinions, that's all. Can't speak on behalf of everyone but for me it's just my personal preference, I've never liked variety shows to start with, and I've mentioned that a couple of times. If you are really trying to ask a question, perhaps you should use a nicer tone :D 

and my take on this:

Spoiler

1) about the last part, I'm not sure whether you would understand this.... but ZZ and JY have worked with each other before and even if they aren't a pair, they clearly have had a close working relationship before so it won't be as uncomfortable as doing such things with a complete stranger. It's not because "it was with ZZ" :) I'm just putting myself in his shoes, I would feel more uncomfortable being touched/having to touch someone who I don't even know compared to doing the same thing to someone I've talked to before, someone I've already known.

2) I am (clearly) a CP fan, and I understand that pairing people up to increase the ratings is a normal thing, but to say that the ones who dislike the pairing are just CP fans will be a little... idk. I understand your point, though. It's bound to happen sooner or later, anyway. This is probably just a start - there will always be a next one, and another -- you are correct, that's nothing to worry about. Some fans may dislike it, some (like me) may just find it funny, some would understand it's just to draw in more viewers... "fake relationship" isn't exactly anything new to the industry!

3) As much as I believe he is his own boss and he has this "star power", he is still relatively a newbie. And in some cases he may not have a say on certain things - like he may agree to attend the show, not knowing he had to do certain other things during the show.

4) About "demean" and "devalue", I am not the best person to talk about this - I only dislike the shows that require people to do things they may be uncomfortable about, such as those involving unnecessary physical contact etc. I was merely saying that I prefer the ones where you can see their personalities shine through, know more about themselves. DWS is one good show that does that. 

(edited the things above, @fuyuko)

I'm not calling you out or anything, we can always discuss things here, it's a forum after all :) have a lovely day.

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, izziehudson said:

Okay calm down. People have their own opinions, that's all. For me it's just my personal preference, I've never liked variety shows to start with, and I've mentioned that a couple of times. If you are really trying to ask a question, perhaps you should use a nicer tone :D 

Im sorry I got a bit over excited. Let me edit it. 

Personally I'm not a variety show watcher myself. I'm mainly a drama watcher. That's why I don't understand. 

I'm not talking about preference either since I don't watch variety show and haven't watched DWS myself. I don't understand the "demean" and "devalue" part.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrsaturn said:

I have the same feeling too! Thats why as much as i like how he is getting invited to a lot of shows but i just hope there wont be any fans interaction kind of show like Youku star, See you Monday anymore. But of course i am curious to find out what secrets will be revealed especially there's ella. @bearology it will be recorded in BJ.

well, maybe somebody can start a gofundme or indigogo crowdfunding drive to finance YuZhou first real movie. it has been done before in the US and other countries so it's not impossible to do it with YZ with the number of fans they have.

Edit: something like a "goodwill hunting" movie will fit them well

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, fuyuko said:

I have a question for some of you guys on this thread. This is an honest question, I'm not implying anything so pls don't get mad at me. Can you guys explain to me why being on variety shows "demean" and "devalue" JY? And I'm not talking about variety shows he was on before Shangyin. I'm talking about shows like DWS and Super something (I forgot) where he drew monkey King and kangaroo. And I'm not talking about the supposed Xiao S show either. I know everyone including me want to see him in drama and movie but like one article with Pardon Hu (JY's fan) asking the director of DWS, they're trying to show people the good side of JY. But for movie and drama crew to star him they got to have good reason to go against those "restrictions" and this needs time.

I understand many (CP fans) don't like how they're trying put JY and LL together to draw in viewers, but how is that different from in the future when he stars in dramas and movies and they try to promote him as a cp with other actresses to promote? To me this is really nothing to worry about because it's only work. If JY has agreed to be in these shows then he must know what he's getting into and he agrees to be on them. He is his own boss. I don't think he would deliberately agrees to be on shows he's not comfortable with or against. 

Edit: also, how is fan service on Monday show differ from fan service on photoshoot like men's uno? To me that photoshoot was totally fanservice to fan girls. Is it ok because it was with ZZ?

I can't speak for anyone else but myself, so here goes. For me I wasn't stating that the variety shows, etc. were demeaning. What I find demeaning is the type of "fan service" that is forced upon JY. His untapped raw talent and limitless potential is being ignored and that is how he is being devalued. The man seriously needs a solo project that can showcase his talent. (*screaming internally because of the ban and all the restrictions*):angry: Btw I don't care about promotion of CP. My answer has nothing to do with CP but with a young rising star who's talent is being ignored.

JY knows the business, so just because he does the shows doesn't mean he is comfortable. He knows that he has to continue to work to "stay relevant" He once answered a fan upon stating he was his fan with "but for how long will you be my fan"  proving that he knows the fickleness of fans and realizes that although he is hot today that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be that way tomorrow. 

As to your edit about Mens Uno. At that time JY and ZZ were a CP and it was alright to sell that as a CP and in that sense that type of fan service was okay. But the fan service that we have seen targeted at JY is a bit demeaning and in so many way objectify him. This beautiful and honest man; because of a stupid ban; has been left with few options. I say this because fan service for the sake of fan service is not okay, Just as objectifying someone is not okay. Just my take.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, KKmegan said:

Thanks Fuyuko. Personally,  I don't think he is devalued at all./…/

There is no biz like a showbiz… Pretty nasty line of work to be in, most probably, if you ask me … One has to be pretty thick-skinned to survive ups and downs. The competition is pretty fierce and relentless, backstabbing is as common passtime as dining out, one has to be on their toes 24/7 in order to avoid becoming flavour of the month. Pressure is felt in Hollywood, Bollywood, K-pop circles, you name it. Look even at the current programming on major American networks. The regular drama/sitcom season is over. Other than short summer series, there are many game shows: silly, funny, dreadful, everything in between, where you can see the same actors participating. Well, it's another way to make money. Nobody knows how long good luck will last job-wise. 

I am pretty happy to see JY and ZZ milking any good opportunity they consider worthy to stay in the loop, make money and, hopefully, live their dreams. Being still NKOTB(*), subject to major ban (that would depress a lesser humain being), they are doing quite alright imho. These series were the first that made me learn the concept of fanservice, as understood in China, Thailand, Korea… Look, it's akin to schmoozing with the public here. Prob unavoidable, part of the package. Wanna see willing fanservice to the extreme? We had to endure Paris Hilton and the Kardashian clan on this side of the pond *shrivers*

*New Kids on the Block (not associated with the boyband)

• Like 18

I'm not so at home at those shows and the type of shows so i can't realy answer on that part.

What i have seen so far that what was it dws or so with Johnny and that dog he did that very good and the old show from that happy camp was hilarious to watch so funny.

But back to the point he has to work to stay in the picture and becouse of that stupid ban his options are limited.

With those shows he learns a lot of things and i remember that he once say that he loves to learn new things.

With those shows more and more people get to know about him that hes actualy a very smart, inteligent and talented man.

How more things i get to see from him such as that video from @Scandani i think wow he can do that to and hes good at it to.

Ok ok i know im delulu but if i see something like that i wanne hug that big handsome teddybear and say to him i'm so proud of you.:wub:

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Ariodante said:

There is no biz like a showbiz… Pretty nasty line of work to be in, most probably, if you ask me … One has to be pretty thick-skinned to survive ups and downs.  

These series were the first that made me learn the concept of fanservice, as understood in China, Thailand, Korea… Look, its akin to schmoozing with the public here. Prob unavoidable, part of the package. 

I think it doesn't matter if it's drama, movie, variety shows, etc. as long as one is in and wants to stay in showbiz one can't get away from doing fan service...

• Like 1

@sohocomo auntie, remember when we were all upset because there was no live stream for ZZ concert and you raised a question "How about JY?". This might be the answer :lol: so maybe the first interview question to be YZ's manager "are you a CP's fan?" :D

Spoiler

• Like 19