14 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

Before I start working, I like to let you know that I've had seen people agreeing with the ban on weibo. They say that being obsessive about stars and show is a complete waste of time. Especially, stars of a show that is so "morally corrupt". It's a way to control the raging hormones of youth and stop them from wasting time. They are better studying.

My response is that they should look at how it has become a source of motivation for people to produce artwork, music, videos, translation, and novels. It has also become the places where people practiced their reasoning, observation, and detective skills and in some cases apply what they learnt in philosophy, history, sociology, etc. These skills belong to the kinds of jobs that are not easily replicated by machines. They could be part of the portfolio or cv that make these people stand out in the future.

What's more, the underlying message of the creative endeavour is love. So, thank you all for sharing. I see a lot of good here :)

Thank you for reporting about the mood on weibo. What they say is not coherent : how come studying only can control "the raging hormones of youth" ?

And for the intellectual improvement of studying at HaiZhou/ZhouHai University, it is an opinion now universally perceived. (Just about me, I came her as a visiting pr. from abroad, making a lot of mistakes in english. Believe it or not, @thoron's lessons helped me a lot).

• Like 5

OMG, if this is real, my blood is richard simmons boiling over big time… Does the whale have to conceal his identity and look furtively at his wifey in public like richard simmons that? Can we sink even lower? 

(Edit to correct timeline of events: as confirmed by our intrepid CSI: Addicted dedectives, it is NOT BKK situation, but an older pic!)

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

@Ariodante where/when's the image from?

Alas, I do not know... It's an IG-repost. I tried to google translate it, but there are no further details. I don't think somebody would play with PS to such extent. However, English business signage would make me think of BKK as a possible location...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ariodante said:

Alas, I do not know... It's an IG-repost. I tried to google translate it, but there are no further details. I don't think somebody would play with PS to such extent. However, English business signage would make me think of BKK as a possible location...

Hmmm....at most, I think it's before the Thai FM, since the tone of the message on Insta is quite....mild? it's not sad or anything compared to the photos released after the Thai FM...but those two didn't even arrive at the same time or manage to be in the same place in BKK right?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Hmmm....at most, I think it's before the Thai FM, since the tone of the message on Insta is quite....mild? it's not sad or anything compared to the photos released after the Thai FM...but those two didn't even arrive at the same time or manage to be in the same place in BKK right?

Saw ZZ's hat in 2 pics from my phone, 1 is in Shanghai FM, 1 is some times in second half of March.. idk JY is quite conscious in what he's doing and that manner of covering his face doesn't appear to me as his usual way of behave... Hmm, anyone can clarify?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Wait a minute....are the two photos similar but with different people standing on ground level? Where's the hat on the second guy and face mask on ZZ? O_O"

2 pics were probably taken by different OPs, possibly coincidentally at the same time since the "supposed JY" maintained the same pose (or had been posing like that for a while since the nearby guy had moved and the windows opended alternatively). If the left one was taken at 6 o'clock, right one should be taken in the between of 3 and 4 o'clock, and with zoom-in and from higher standing position... Too blur to be contemplated..

wait, why am I contemplating about this? XD

• Like 3

5 hours ago, akira1221oor said:

LOL I like that better.

His style for this Japan trip so far is a little shota, don't you think? (God forgive me to say that, I don't imply anything here). Why don't try visual kei, XWZ or shironuri or even better, decora?

I CHOKED but he's more of a ... bishounen, to be more precise he looks like megane-kun type too me, he looks super cute tho (and he needs to stop bcs ny heart can't take it)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sixte said:

For a first post, you did very strong and high ! You perfectly replace things where they are, with a good dose of this relative rationale I cure myself to endure the pain.

You forgot ZZ's particular skill at knitting. And all great actors do not know knitting properly (here, Cary Grant) :

Ah :D Aren't his personal and social skills another topic? Knitting, cooking, self-styling... the skills that are, in Asian societies, largely deemed to be essential for women to know but looked down on when boys try to learn. It's very sexist and still a prevalent view that only girls should know those skills to prepare for their families. And another proof that ZZ is very well educated with modern values. Such a good kid.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, ximichem said:

2 pics were probably taken by different OPs, possibly coincidentally at the same time since the "supposed JY" maintained the same pose (or had been posing like that for a while since the nearby guy had moved and the windows opended alternatively). If the left one was taken at 6 o'clock, right one should be taken in the between of 3 and 4 o'clock, and with zoom-in and from higher standing position... Too blur to be contemplated..

wait, why am I contemplating about this? XD

Positioning is definitely part of it, but I mean in one photo ZZ has a hat and no mask, the other, the guy has no hat and mask...how can that be at the same time? Unless JY was like that for a few hours until ZZ came back? LOL

Well, about ZZ musical ability, it's just my opinion:

I like ZZ's tone, he has "nice to listen" voice. From all of his songs, I like Walk Slowly and Dust most. My personal opinion is he is better with this genre than metal/rock songs. But... (buuuuttttt) he need to improve his skill. I like his voice when it comes to his song on recording. But when he is singing on the stage or in the interview, he lacks of control of his voice.

When it comes to voice control, I think JY is better. But his voice is not as "nice to listen" as ZZ, maybe because he has Bass voice.

NB: Sorry, but it is again my personal opinion, when ZZ sing his new song in Thai FM, it sounds like he is chased by train.. Hahaha... But if Enlight or any company want to have him, it means that they "see" something in ZZ. It's a good sign!

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, IMOmusings said:

Positioning is definitely part of it, but I mean in one photo ZZ has a hat and no mask, the other, the guy has no hat and mask...how can that be at the same time? Unless JY was like that for a few hours until ZZ came back? LOL

Being said, it's zoom-in and from different angle and higher position. That's not ZZ, but another guy who was closer to where the windows were. Notice the distance where ZZ stood, quite far from the windows, and the second guy was way closer. Also the guy who was standing in front of the second guy, he faced different direction, but not toward the 2nd guy, which was weird since fanboy was supposed to face to him to take picture. Another point is with the facial structure, 2nd guy wasn't ZZ, cheekbones appeared odd to me, and hair was too long (back head), and of course, why would ZZ take off his hat? Either he doesn't wear hat or he wears it entire day.. 

Hmm, onw home.. need to go back my library asap.. sth's fishy now..

• Like 4

@jdyz 

Great first post, welcome to the thread.

We all know XWZ has potential, but he needs more practice. You only have one chance to make the first impression (unless everybody goes amnesia, which I think not likely to happen), so I hope XWZ wouldn't be rushed and give out something doesn't live up to his real talent.

Well, if this first album doesn't work out, he'll be in deep trouble. Everyone who doesn't like him will use that to bash him, like seriously. That's why we worry about him. 

@Old_young_Lee 

It seems @htuvecila not here, so I'll tell you something I read that related to your question, and when htuvecila comes back, he (or she?) can correct me and add more info.

I heard that paparazis from China follow them to Thailand as well, and all the photos taken by fans would be uploaded and got shared like crazy and ended up on weibo, etc. since they're already walking on thin ice, can't afford to add anymore risk to the mix. 

And they had already gone that far to minimize public attention of YuZhou, why bothered to take an extra mile?

@Ariodante

They're real but old photos. Still good shipping material though. 

• Like 10