9 minutes ago, aeislaeigh said:

FAN ARTS

Credit:  沫色惜年

Hide contents

a0e36660gw1f33aw99rhtj21dq27fn6j.jpg

a0e36660gw1f33awawxl1j21dq27f7e5.jpg

Hide contents

CglGE1bUgAEOO8L.jpg

It's been shared before but I still can't get over looking at the last pic. I love that fan art of GH and BLY sooo much!! *sigh* :wub: I can't stop staring at it. I wish the OP draw more GH and BLY arts.

It's my new phone wallpaper, by the way. xD

• Like 13

About the cute YuZhou fanart with umbrella, the author posted it with a Weibo post, I want to share the translation because it's meaningful; date 17th April.

''It's you Gu Hai? Yea, it's me; Yin Zi, let's go back home.''

Good night everyone. +choke back tears+

• Like 20

5 hours ago, fingersandpaws said:

I've also translated chapter 3 of volume 2. BLY and GH met for the first time after eight years.

Read the full chapter translation here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1098227/24

Policeman YM part 2: poor YM gets bullied by GH (again), BLY and his previous colleague. 

Hide contents

The two stared at each other’s eyes; anyone could tell from their eyes that their real emotions weren’t as friendly as the expressions shown on their face.

YM couldn’t stand seeing them like this and said cynically at the side, “You two should go to the Civil Affairs Bureau to collect a wedding certificate; a couple just went there to file a divorce, you two are just in time to go there to 沾沾喜气 (“dip in the lucky atmosphere” meaning increase one’s luck).”

GH maintained his composure and glared at YM, “A high altitude warfare is going on currently, it’s no use for you to join in.”

At first YM didn’t understand, but after looking up at GH and seeing him looking down at him, he realised instantly. F***…… high altitude…… high altitude……

“What about you? Are you still a bachelor now?” GH asked again.

BLY admitted openly, “Yes.”

“Nobody wants you?”

BLY didn’t say anything but YM did, “How is it possible for nobody to not want our Yinzi? Now that he’s a  首(Maj)…… ah……”

BLY clutched YM’s arm forcefully, making the rest of YM’s words disappear.

“Mengzi, why are you here?”

YM’s previous colleague was transferred to this branch to work; he was happy upon seeing YM now, he hadn’t trampled on him for a while. Hence he pulled YM away without any explanation, joking and laughing at the side.

where did my previous long post go to? too lazy to type again so y'all just go to the link to read the full chapter.

Really appreciate your hard work. Thank you so much for translating this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pureblade said:

Interesting points and I agree with you both!

Hide contents

Zhou is very multitalented. I wonder if the guitar is the only instrument he knows how to play? He has a lot of potential which can be fine tuned with training. His ability to write and compose songs are pretty good too but his vocals are not memorable - this is not a big deal I've been around enough musicians to know that some that can play an instrument don't necessarily sing well.  Johnny's voice with training will sound absolutely beautiful :rolleyes:! Possible collab' later on maybe?

Even though his voice is not breathtaking it does not mean that he cannot be successful in a music career. Ive seen many musicians that do well just because of their ability to write beautiful lyrics and music. If he trains his voice it will make his music career all the better. The song I remember your eyes I actually thought he could have rewritten the song to sound more fluid before releasing it since I think this was one of his early compositions? What caught me about the song though was not the quality of the English but the arrangement of the music. Chaa he is young he has loads to learn!

It would make sense to ride on the wave that he currently has regarding his album and it could set a foundation for him to do pretty well later on if he takes improving his skills seriously.

I do not know how you measure the quality of a voice. For me, his voice is perfect in its tonality. To me, Remember Your Eyes sounds a wonderful song with the "Buddhist" breathing touch I like. But I am very partial, not beeing Chinese (which I regret profoundly, and I only hope, if have to be reincarnated, to be as so), I appreciate the flaws in the diamond. (the most valuable diamonds are the colored, blue or rose, and this is due to flaws).

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Ariodante said:

ZZ's having some me-time in JPN, whereas poor JY is shopping solo for groceries miles away :tears:

(cr. to the owner)

It's business trip? ZZ is working because he did not wear a mask.

What is that many snack in front of JY?  He seems to be tired.

• Like 7

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

Before I start working, I like to let you know that I've had seen people agreeing with the ban on weibo. They say that being obsessive about stars and show is a complete waste of time. Especially, stars of a show that is so "morally corrupt". It's a way to control the raging hormones of youth and stop them from wasting time. They are better studying.

My response is that they should look at how it has become a source of motivation for people to produce artwork, music, videos, translation, and novels. It has also become the places where people practiced their reasoning, observation, and detective skills and in some cases apply what they learnt in philosophy, history, sociology, etc. These skills belong to the kinds of jobs that are not easily replicated by machines. They could be part of the portfolio or cv that make these people stand out in the future.

What's more, the underlying message of the creative endeavour is love. So, thank you all for sharing. I see a lot of good here :)

• Like 21

29 minutes ago, jdyz said:

Hi, first post :D

About Zhou's musical ability, please don't forget that he knows a lot more than this generic C-Pop balladeer image may lead you to believe. He has put a considerable time to hone his many skills even though music is just a "hobby" (his main passion is still acting, and he's still in drama school through all this). Zhou has been exposed many kinds of music from Latin to traditional theater and he's been through experimental phases with metal and rock (as he said "I was able to reign myself back before I went to far") so these songs are simply another experiment to him, even this mysterious rap song which, I suspect, I'm gonna hate.

I think he's still trying to figure out what he should do, the mini album is just an accidental project thrown in along the way. He's a smart person and he's in it for the long haul so I bet he's listening to feedback (he knows fans mock his selfie skill lol and is quite self-depreciating about it) and taking time to better himself. So what if his voice is not distinctive enough, it requires a lot more to succeed than just a voice, and vocal techniques can be improved upon. I'm more interested in how he would use his skills and influences going forward. First off, his stage presence is OFF THE CHART, he knows how to work the audience not just by words, in almost all his appearance he's just radiant on stage, confident, smiley, emotive and very professional. He knows music, not just sing it, plays guitar and bass (and piano too iirc) that's a big plus compared to being a plain "singer", he's classically trained in stage performance in a prestigious academy, that's another plus, he can absolutely dance, that's another BIG plus if he ever moves on from ballads, and he's willing to try new things. The most important plus is that he can write his own songs, by request (iirc both By the Sea and Walk Slowly were written in a very short time, perhaps only a few days) or for himself, it elevates him from singer to musician. And finally, not to mention his appreciation towards fans because annoyingly cocky idols have fans too, well, he has his look. Even if the songs suck, a multi-talented and relatable (and handsome) performer can always make lots of fans.

You don't need to be exceptional to be special, look at Addicted, it's plagued with amateurish artistic values, but it's a once in a lifetime little precious thing that you couldn't make even with all the money and best talents in the world.

I'm not overestimating his potential here though, after all, he's still very inexperienced in the real showbiz world. But people can learn, esp. smart and hard-working people.

He's actually one of the most fascinating individual I've ever encountered this far in the idol world. Unlike others I judge on their works - like even if they have a bad personality but the songs are good, I'm still listening or they're nice irl but their acting sucks, then I'm not watching - this is the first time I actually literally don't care about one's acting or singing though haha, just a fan of him, as a person, so there won't be any disappointment coming from me.

For a first post, you did very strong and high ! You perfectly replace things where they are, with a good dose of this relative rationale I cure myself to endure the pain.

You forgot ZZ's particular skill at knitting. And all great actors do not know knitting properly (here, Cary Grant) :

tumblr_o5ykcpJq3g1uqc2n6o3_250.gif

• Like 12

6 hours ago, htuvecila said:

Hide contents

Enlight can't do much with ZZ coz he's still under FengMang, so I think Enlight did quite a good job in providing resources to him.

Let's assume Enlight thinks ZZ is worth enough to bring him over, they can make a counter offer to CJD's company by giving her resources to film some series other than BL. I believe it's what FM needs atm after her most remarkable work Addicted has been put to stop and she has yet to earn some profit from releasing CD. However real questions are "Is ZZ worth it?" and "Can FM manage to convince Enlight of their capability to make use of those resources so that Enlight wants make a deal"

Next is rumor about JY, I thought he was supposed to take 2nd lead role in that drama, then turned it down for another movies? Together with the cancellation of TAR, the fandom mentioned this role was removed too. I wonder why the rumor is coming back now. IIRC when JY joined a conference with H.Brothers some directors laid their eyes on him tho.

Still waiting for his appreance on "Stars, let's date" that was produced by H. Brothers which will aired in mid May to see how things turn up. But seriously I still don't think individual schedules are banned too. 

I have a question. I'd like to listen your thinking.

I had never thought JY and ZZ are real couple. I think they are only friends. 

But, after thai fanmeeting, I have a question. Why they tried and managed to seperate them not in public? The mc of thai fanmeeting said that..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I think the actors had no problems. Because when the 4 of them meet, and it's meeting by accident, you can only say that they only met accidentally, they would greet each other, say hi, shake hands. I saw with my own eyes. I can feel that they are still friends, that they still care about each other. But...they cannot interact. They cannot be in the same room, I saw it clearly. Their rooms must be separate, and they must eat separately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard the dinner after thai fanmeeting in hear (forum)

"They ate their suffer seperately, but Jy had druken and got into other 3's room. at that times, Jy's team tried to stop him, but they failed."

This kind of controls must have been managed by their management team, not government. In their free time and private spaces, they managed not to meet each other.

Why they do this difficult things though actors don't like it? They worry actors or their agencies dislike each other? Is there some problems for foreinger not to understand? Or, they are real Romeo and Julliet?

Thanks,

• Like 4