[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

Park Seo Joon, Go Ara And Park Hyung Sik Form Love Triangle In ‘Hwarang’

Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, Go Ara

The cast for the upcoming historical flower boy drama "Hwarang" has been confirmed.

Go Ara, Park Seo Joon and ZE:A's Park Hyung Sik have taken the lead roles in the KBS drama about the hwarang or flower boy knights of Silla, one of Korea's ancient kingdoms. The Silla kingdom lasted from 57 B.C. to 935 A.D.

read more here http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/111582/20160105/park-seo-joon-go-ara-and-park-hyung-sik-form-love-triangle-in-hwarang.htm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm SO looking forward to watch this drama. I really like the leads (PSJ & Go Ara). Besides, it is produced by the same production house of Flower Boy series, and it's preproduced! How good it'd be to get rid of the horrible liveshooting system?

6 hours ago, nonski said:

i am a big PSJ fan and was happy reading this news

@nonski, me too.  I loved him ever since OWW. I cried with him in the end. I hope this role is really good for him.

I also like PYS since Nine Times Travel.    So am looking  forward to this drama. I don't think I have seen anything with Go A-Ra.

'Hwarang: The Beginning' to be 100% pre-produced...Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Shik & Go Ara confirmed

a1.jpg

Osen - Naver: 'Hwarang' to be 100% pre-produced... confirmed to air at KBS on July 

1. [+708, -23] More and more dramas are opting to be pre-produced latelyㅋ Seems like the production environment is getting better. I know of 3 pre-produced dramas for this year alone

2. [+546, -26] A pre-produced drama is definitely worth-recommending

3. [+441, -18] Korea should really get rid of the live shoot system

4. [+261, -14] The title's 'Hwarang' but it sounds funny with the added "The Beginning" ㅋㅋㅋㅌ

5. [+70, 0] Take out "The Beginning"... Why add an English title in a sageuk

6. [+61, 0] Either name it 'The Birth of Hwarang' or 'Hwarang: The Beginning'. The title in Korean sounds sufficiently cool but sticking 'The Beginning' gives it the feel of an internet novel. The person who named the drama must be a fan of American dramas or just dumb

7. [+49, -5] Looking forward to this lineup

8. [+56, -9] I'm totally anticipating this!!!! Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Shik in one drama

Nate 
1. [+40, -1] Dramas recently are given titles as if they're movies... 'Saimdang, the Herstory', 'Hwarang: The Beginning'.. Feels very foreign with the added English words in the title

2. [+19, -1] Not really looking forward to it.. Isn't this Park Seo Joon and Park Hyun Shik's first leap at sageuk? And Go Ara's acting was disappointing in 'Joseon Magician'... ㅠㅠShe was the best when she played Sung Najung

3. [+8, -1] Must they stick that "The Beginning" in the title? This isn't even a regular drama but a sageuk

source

• 1 month later...

Lovely couple,, Great news for me , I have been anticipating Go Ara comeback to drama land since her last work with Seung Gi though I did not like that drama so much but had watched it because of them and sure the hot CSW Ajussie!  

so hopefully this one will be better and on the same level of success or even better than Reply 1994, She was pretty & Kill me, heal me ! :wub:

SHINee’s Minho Joins Park Seo Joon and Go Ara in Upcoming Historical Drama

SHINee’s Minho Joins Park Seo Joon and Go Ara in Upcoming Historical Drama

Reps from the upcoming KBS2‘s new drama, “Hwarang: The Beginning,” confirmed that SHINee member Choi Minho will be starring in the drama.

“Hwarang: The Beginning” takes place 1500 years ago and is the first drama to tell the story of the Hwarang, or “Flowering Knights,” an elite group of male youth in the kingdom of Silla. Described as a “youth historical drama,” “Hwarang” will the tell the story of passion, love, and growth of a group of young men in the Silla dynasty.

Choi Minho’s character is the heir to an aristocratic family of Silla. He is full of chivalry and has a positive attitude and natural confidence that helps him overcome any obstacle. He also has formidable swordsmanship skills that rounds him out to be a “perfect man” of Silla.

Park Seo Joon, Go Ara, ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik, and Do Ji Han has also been confirmed for this drama. It is slated to air in the second half of this year.

source: soompi

SHINee Minho to Appear in Drama ‘Hwarang: the Beginning’

7qda2gf28bo2irt3m6yos6xn16bomj1i.jpg

[by Kim Young Shin] Actor and singer Choi Min Ho, better known as SHINee member Minho, confirmed that he will act in KBS’ new drama ‘Hwarang: the Beginning’.

He will transform into a Hwarang, the elite knight of ancient nation Silla, one of the Three Kingdoms of Korea which existed 1,500 years ago. All of the episodes of the drama will be taken before its premiere in the second half of 2016.

Choi personates Soo Ho, an heir to the highest noble family in the nation. The character is born with concrete self-confidence which helps him to optimistically get over his enemies and obstacles. Moreover, he is the leader among the young aristocrats with his exceeding swordsmanship and righteousness. His large eyes with passion and purity suit the perfect man of Silla.

He made his debut as a member of boy group SHINee in 2008. He actively built up his career as an actor through appearing in dramas including SBS ‘To the Beautiful You’ and MBC ‘Medical Top Team’. He especially received favorable comments for expressing the subtle change in emotions of Yoon Tae Oh, a man who found his first love, in OnStyle drama ‘Because It’s the First Time’. Additionally, he took parts in films such as ‘Late Spring Grandma’ and ‘Marital Harmony’ which will hit the theaters later in 2016.

‘Hwarang: The Beginning’ is much anticipated by the mass public and the media from in and out of Korea because of its excellent casting.

A staff of the drama said, “Choi Min Ho’s positive, faithful and bright image corresponds the one of Soo Ho, a manly, brilliant and optimistic character. Please look forward to see him shining more than any time.”

The historical drama will depict the passion, love and growth of the flower knights, Hwarang, that existed 1,500 years ago in Seorabeol, the capital of Silla. Park Seo Joon, Go Ara and Park Hyung Sik will also appear in it.

The drama caught much attention from Asian nations. LETV, a Chinese media group known as Chinese Netflix, already made the contract to purchase of the drama in the highest rate.

Choi Min Ho joining in the program will raise its values further.

Meanwhile, ‘Hwarang: the Beginning’ will begin filming in the first half of 2016 and be released later in 2016 on KBS 2TV. (photo by SM Entertainment)

Archived