[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

8 hours ago, sirina said:

I join this thread because of PSJ and Go Ara and I really love all the Hwarang boys but it's so sad a lot of PHS fan here and I feel like this thread belong only to PHS fan I would like to enjoy to read all the story  line and the people discuss about each character but a lot of end up with their personal issue actors don't get me wrong I like PHS too but this drama PSJ is the lead male you should accept it when you start watch this drama you shouldn't bash another actor I'm sorry if my comment upset anybody I think I will leave this thread because I don't like to see bad comment about PSJ and Go ara because they both very good acting at the end I have to say thank you for the people who put pics,video and recap for this drama.

I don't recalled reading anyone here bashing PSJ. The faults and blames mostly go to the writer and I myself am angry with how she wasted our casts' talents. Maybe there are some who have issues with Go Ara's acting but even as fan, at times we have to be open-minded and admit the shortcoming, especially if the flaw is too jarring. In Hwarang, I sincerely feel that Go Ara has taken a step back in her acting but for the most part, it's the writer's faults for writing such a poorly written characters not only to Go Ara but also to PSJ, PHS and the rest. I think PSJ has been nothing short from spectacular especially being given such limited materials with how far his character could be developed. On another hand, I am not sure if this thread is flooded with Park Hyung Sik's fans. I don't dare to claim on others' behalf but I became his fan because of "Hwarang" and not coming to watch Hwarang in the first place because of him. I say Hwarang turns me into becoming his fan but I admit, I stay watching only because of him. As how much I feel upset seeing Ji Dwi being cornered in order to propel Sun Woo, I don't think anyone of us here would be so insensitive to bash Park Seo Joon just to elevate Park Hyung Sik. After all, all of the casts are good actors in their own rights.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after watching the subbed episode 16...

i like every scene with PHS... arrow/sword scene... with the princess.. with MM... with hwarang 's teacher... with the villain...with AR he was showing all his cards to her and willing to give up everything.. such an expressive eyes.. i was impressed once again.. especially for someone who started as an idol... 

the love line story is not doing anything for me.. i have a feeling of disinterest.. regarding the love story of the two main lead..

i am interested with the love arc of BH and SH's sister.. they were so cute that when BH said to not like him anymore... and she cried..i was quite moved and sad for them..

another week of waiting for the next two episodes...

7 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I don't recalled reading anyone here bashing PSJ. The faults and blames mostly go to the writer and I myself am angry with how she wasted our casts' talents. Maybe there are some who have issues with Go Ara's acting but even as fan, at times we have to be open-minded and admit the shortcoming, especially if the flaw is too jarring. In Hwarang, I sincerely feel that Go Ara has taken a step back in her acting but for the most part, it's the writer's faults for writing such a poorly written characters not only to Go Ara but also to PSJ, PHS and the rest. I think PSJ has been nothing short from spectacular especially being given such limited materials with how far his character could be developed. On another hand, I am not sure if this thread is flooded with Park Hyung Sik's fans. I don't dare to claim on others' behalf but I became his fan because of "Hwarang" and not coming to watch Hwarang in the first place because of him. I say Hwarang turns me into becoming his fan but I admit, I stay watching only because of him.

same case with me, i onky became a fan of phs because of hwarang. have no idea who he was prior to watching this drama. he won me over by his portrayal of smj.

42 minutes ago, fionnoula said:

For me All the best scenes and dialogues from this ep all involving Sam Mak Jeong. Him with the swords, him with the princess, him with WW, Him with Sunwoo, Him with Ahro, Him with that evil minister etc...
He is all that I care about..I even cry when he confess for the last time to Ah Ro #sight

I know that he know he doesn't stand a chance between ah ro and sun woo but he said it anyway, for that 1 % possibility that ah ro understand how much he love her and for her to to consider and love him back...

His chapter with ah ro is closed for good..all that left for him is to find the real purpose of his live, which is to protect his subjects and live for the new nation that he is about to built.
I want sunwoo to be by his side as his military general. They would make a great pair because they balance each other weakness.

PS. is it only me ? I feel strong chemistry between SMJ and the princess. I was holding my breath the whole time after she call him oraboni..with their face so close to each other, I feel that they would kiss each other out of passion anytime ( and I am not ready to see sister and brother kiss each other ^^;)

i also went onboard the smj and ah ro ship even though i knew it was doomed to begin with. ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean but i've already accepted it. that does not mean that i'm not heartbroken over it, because i am. i'm just really sad that their chemistry i wasted and am hoping thay phs and go ara will get to work in a new project together soon. till then, i'll wait for fics about smj and ah ro to help heal my broken heart. something i've picked up from reply 1994, when i also boarded the wrong ship. :lol:

The one thought that stayed with me throughout this episode was... WHY DID YOU BREAK UP WITH SOO YEON, BAN RYU!?? :bawling::heartbreak: Arghhhh...please let SY and BR get back together. I loved this couple way too much...please let there be a happy ending between the two :tears: 

Dang...that scene between the princess and SMJ though...

I am glad there's progress coming along! It seems that SMJ will announce he is King from the preview. I feel like Moo Myung understands SMJ more from his words today. Yes, he may still be angry about the death from his friend, but SMJ talking about how he lived in the past was sad and heartbreaking. I just hope their friendship won't waver and become stronger as time passes! 

Also, my favorite scene was when SMJ retrieved his bracelet. You go SMJ!!! Show that evil master who you are! :w00t: 

The next episode seems exciting just from the preview...here comes the long wait for Monday again sigh -_-

i love this thread!!! hahaha

I enjoy reading every SMJ fangirls, then there's some who are think that this thread turn to be PHS's thread then there's some who will explain that it's not the case....that we all love hwarang boys but SMj character is so much to talk about.

And like others already said, PSJ is not bashed on this thread, it's just the character of SMJ is getting all the attention since we are all waiting when the writer will reveal to all that he is the king!!!, and we are more concern of the hwarang/politics issue than the OTP, because at the very start we already know that SWand AR are the main leads, those who root for SMJ/AR already loss long time ago... hahaha

Oh dear, I just finished watching Episode 16 with subs and are we finally getting somewhere in the plot? Can I believe the preview for once and believe that SMJ is going to take the initiative this time to become King and take the throne? Can I believe the plot is finally moving forward and we're going to get some action?

Where should I even start with this episode... Do I begin with what the heck is the Queen's plan and why is she trying to use Moo Myung... Why would she want him to pretend to be King. She said herself that SMJ is still a child and unable to take the throne. Well I hate to break it to you lady but he ain't gonna be ready if you're constantly doing stuff like this... SMJ himself is struggling to not be afraid and stay in hiding anymore, so what good is it going to do MM is covering SMJ even more? Please do something that makes logical sense woman. By pushing SMJ to be in the darkness more and more, we're never going to get anywhere lady...

I'm confused with Soo Ho... At the end of the scene, he calls Moo Myung, Gaesae and Sun Woo, but if he thinks Sun Woo is the King, wouldn't he have said protect "majesty"? Maybe he said it since the group of assassins were around, but the assassins know or think Sun Woo is the king...is it me or is something fishy going on here.. Did SMJ and SH plan something...or am I just thinking too far :sweatingbullets: I swear watching all those mystery, detective and action drama makes you think too much..

But Soo Ho though. Oh how I feel so bad for him....why did he have to choose the Queen to like... :sweatingbullets: You chose the wrong woman, SH!! I hope he has a wake up call and it isn't meant to be with the Queen... And tsk tsk, I'm still disappointed in Ban Ryu even after watching this episode with subtitles... I hope this isn't what BR really wants.. I said this before and I'll say it again, I really want to see BR grow a backbone and stand up for himself against his adopted father!!! I want to see him bring together his courage and go against his father. Who cares if that old ahjussi abandons you? He's going to go to prison anyways by the end of this drama (Actually this is more like something I am hoping for.. Seriously, enough is enough with this evil ahjussi. He is the first person I want to see SMJ or whoever to deal with. Throw the old man in jail and let him rot there!) Ahem, I apologize, I'm just really angry at what the evil ahjussi is doing. Letting the plague go on within the citizens and not giving medicine :angry: And then using Ban Ryu for his own use and trying to kill SW at the end of Episode 16.... 

Moving on.... Oh my gosh, when I was watching SMJ confessing to Aro and saying how he wants to live as a normal citizen, together with Aro...

Spoiler

Sums up how I felt during that scene...

9OxUixc.png

And then Aro says she knows the eyes of somebody who has given up, but SMJ hasn't given up yet. Oof!! Just hit me right in the heart with the feels man.. SHE NAILED IT. Oh my gosh, even though SMJ and AR aren't in a love triangle anymore, I am still loving their interactions together. I love love love how well Aro knows SMJ... Gahh, even if they don't end up together (which they won't), I really hope we can see them as friends. Because I love their chemistry together.

Speaking of MM, can I just say that the Princess pretty much nailed it? What she said about Moo Myung.. The Princess knows what is up!!

Spoiler

DiBLdnR.png

AyMSDWK.png

Okay, but about MM... I really really hope that the drama doesn't take the route of Moo Myung wanting the throne, and SMJ and MM end up fighting for it... Please writers... jaebal.. Don't ruin the story by doing something like this.. Hasn't SMJ had a enormous pitiful life already, and now you're going to make MM try to claim the throne?? I'm not saying it'll happen for sure, but seeing how things are going with the drama, it seems the writers are thinking to take that route.. After what Jisoo's brother said to MM, you can't say that MM wasn't some what interested in what he said... Plus notice how Moo Myung didn't go home on his day off and instead stayed at the Hwarang school? I don't know...maybe i'm thinking things to far but seeing how the writers is taking the drama, who knows what'll happen.

We had adorable OTP scenes today as well, but at the same time, I couldn't help but cringe at the cheesiness ^_^ When they were holding hands while treating Soo Ho, oh man overload, overload!!! Honestly I would love the romance plotline, but I don't know.. For this drama, I feel as though it would've been really good even if there was no romance....but then again, I would've never gotten Second Lead Syndrome... :sweatingbullets: I'm not sure....

Aside from OTP scenes, we also had bromance scenes as well :D I love how BR, SH and SMJ were all in the room, sitting on the bed and thinking about what just happened to them. SH, with trying to give the Queen's fan back to her but ends up getting scratched on the face and the Queen walks away. BR, with his adopted father sending a letter saying although he worked hard, it was all in vain. And then SMJ holding the golden or bronze horse and thinking about the scene with the Princess.. Even though it was a silent scene, I thought there is some bromance in it. Also another bromance scene is at the end of the drama where Yeowool, Soo Hoo, Moo Myung and Han sung's brother in the distance, are all together... Ahhh, love how they swooped in and saved Moo Myung and then SH handed him his sword :D Ahhh~~

Lastly, I am glad that SMJ is finally taking the initiative to take the throne and be a King. I think Sun Woo acting as King and proving that he can actually be a worthy King is a wake up call for SMJ to 정신찬려 (Like get your head together.. I don't know, the English translation just doesn't fully interpret the actual meaning of it...if that makes sense). I'm super excited to see him take some action and stand up to his mother :D I wonder what his plan is to confront Youngsil like that and confessing he is the King.. I also wonder when all the Hwarang boys are going to find out SW isn't the King but SMJ is? Can't wait to see what happens in Episode 17 and 18 and what SMJ is going to do~ I'll just leave this photo here...

o9qy1dz.png

I apologize for my long post :sweatingbullets: I just had to say all my thoughts about this episode.. Thank you for those of you that read my whole post~

just finished the ep 16...

I wanna be Chief WeHwa in SMJ's world that's full of turmoil. 

Even though it hurts how SMJ begged AR to be with him, that it doesn't matter even if she likes SW as long as she will be with him, what a shame, that hurts but i need to thank AR for her brilliant response, it's a NO but her answer made SMJ do his next move, getting his act together and focus on becoming the king. Thank you AR. 

SW and SMJ interaction, including the preview, i don't like it that SW pretending to know all about the king, but i think he is on the way of understanding SMJ feelings and issue. 

And SH, he is trying to talk politely to SW, but when he saw that SW is about to pass out, he shouted "DOG-BIRD!" ahhahahahahah I couldn't wait on his reaction if he found out that JiDwi is the king. haha

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

I don't recalled reading anyone here bashing PSJ. The faults and blames mostly go to the writer and I myself am angry with how she wasted our casts' talents. Maybe there are some who have issues with Go Ara's acting but even as fan, at times we have to be open-minded and admit the shortcoming, especially if the flaw is too jarring. In Hwarang, I sincerely feel that Go Ara has taken a step back in her acting but for the most part, it's the writer's faults for writing such a poorly written characters not only to Go Ara but also to PSJ, PHS and the rest. I think PSJ has been nothing short from spectacular especially being given such limited materials with how far his character could be developed. On another hand, I am not sure if this thread is flooded with Park Hyung Sik's fans. I don't dare to claim on others' behalf but I became his fan because of "Hwarang" and not coming to watch Hwarang in the first place because of him. I say Hwarang turns me into becoming his fan but I admit, I stay watching only because of him. As how much I feel upset seeing Ji Dwi being cornered in order to propel Sun Woo, I don't think anyone of us here would be so insensitive to bash Park Seo Joon just to elevate Park Hyung Sik. After all, all of the casts are good actors in their own rights.

me too.. :D

but for me.. i started watching Hwarang because of PHS. :wub:

I think Sw will wake up and reject the princess from kissing him and he make a confession someone already in his mind..always happen in kdramaland..

But for the promise they made between ah ro and sw..I think ah ro will die or hurt..if ah ro die one said 1 hwarang will die then it will be sw.(but i dont want that to be happen tho..pls writer dont make us sad)

No SMJ - Pa Oh scene in this week :cold_sweat: I miss my real OTP, my true bromance in this drama :bawling:

source.gif

For me, I didn't know PHS before Hwarang and  I started to have an interest in him while watching his great acting in this drama. Some people complained about the thread has a lot of PHS/SMJ fans. You are wrong. Simply by charisma of the character SMJ make many people want to gush over him :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

No SMJ - Pa Oh scene in this week :cold_sweat: I miss my real OTP, my true bromance in this drama :bawling:

For me, I didn't know PHS before Hwarang and  I started to have an interest in him while watching his great acting in this drama. Some people complained about the thread has a lot of PHS/SMJ fans. You are wrong. Simply by charisma of the character SMJ make many people want to gush over him :rolleyes:

totally agree with you!!! :D

I don't agree that the writer is putting down SMJ to elevate SW.  I think the writer is trying to document the journey to maturity that made SMJ a great king that he is.  I don't think I am putting down PSJ  either when I said the romantic scenes are really lacking but I think it is deliberate since he is uncouth and lacking in the finer things.  Go Ara also couldn't really bring out the emotions and she's lacking the mannerism of women of her times.  I am not bashing her but this is just an honest opinion of her acting in Hwarang.  I think she did better in Reply.  I like both leads but I think SMJ really shines here.  He emotes well and the King's character suits him.  I think just because one is shining more than others, causing people to take notice doesn't make another bad so let's not make a fan war out of this or blame the writer.  I actually like how the story is going plot wise though I do think the story line need to be tighter.  It is fast moving in some parts and slow in others.  Remember that the characters in the drama are all flawed in one way and part of the fun is watching them grow into better characters.     

I think Go Ara trapped in the tone of the first several episodes where she was set to think that sunwoo was his brother

and she cant't get out of that mode.

There's no clear transition in her manerism/attitude toward sunwoo from interacting as a sister to her brother, to a woman in love. So it came out forced and awkward. The chemistry is just not there.

I agree with @sheza : she lacks two things : the mannerism of the woman from that era and and the mannerism of the woman in love.

I can't differentiate her action when she think sunwoo was his brother and sunwoo as her lover. The acting need to be more nuanced.

OMG ! I loved every post here ! You guys have said everything that raced across my mind while watching last night's episode(16).

@ferily chinguya, excellent write-up ! I kept nodding my head agreeing with what you said, even your anger too... KEKEKEKE....

After watching the episode this what I thought while putting two and two together. First of all, Hwarang is not formally established per se. It is still in its nascent stage and more so, irrespective to what the Queen told Master WH or what WH thinks in return, Hwarang was supposed to be the Queen’s clandestine weapon against her group of ministers who are in a bid to try and overthrow the Queen. The Queen herself, in “trying” to protect her son ( SMJ) is in fact not ready to give up her power of the throne. That is why she keeps dismissing SMJ on his ability to be the King , which in other cases, the Queen mother is always egging or encouraging her young son to be the King as soon as possible and take the reins of the country. This brings me again to the fact that even though the writer meddled with the historical facts ( of course it’s a drama after all), it is a given that SMJ will take the throne and as history goes, it is King Jinheung who actually establishes the institution of Hwarang. The King or rather SMJ was never suppose to be a part of Hwarang. When SMJ entered Hwarang under the assumed name Ji Dwi , it was firstly to come out from of his mother’s shadows , the secrecy in which he lived since the age of 7 and moreso, SMJ wanted to rebel against his mother’s authoritarian treatment. And, so along with SMJ , here comes five ( and several) other boys from different arenas of life, still raw and young unaware of their own calibre. Some of whom like BR, still being used as mere pawns by their family.  So, that’s why I can now relate why this drama is titled “Hwarang : the Beginning”( the drama has commenced under this working title only to be revised later). The foundation of Hwarang itself is yet to be constructed and the unison of the brotherhood is yet to be formed.  BUT, that does not mean I forgive the writer. I still have my grudges with the script…HAHAHAHAHA…..

Btw, after watching the episode, I can understand why BR wanted to stay away from SY. He did not want SY to get drag along in his mess. Aigoo…..although it pains me to see this couple breaking up, I can still see how much BR cares about SY. Everytime I see Master YS onscreen, I’m like ….haraboeji let go of BR and stop using him as a pawn in your malice.:crazy: Let him just enjoy his love for SY…..HAHAHA….. But, Master YS does make a very good villain.:wink:

25 minutes ago, fionnoula said:

I think Go Ara trapped in the tone of the first several episodes where she was set to think that sunwoo was his brother

and she cant't get out of that mode.

There's no clear transition in her manerism/attitude toward sunwoo from interacting as a sister to her brother, to a woman in love. So it came out forced and awkward. The chemistry is just not there.

I agree with @sheza : she lacks two things : the mannerism of the woman from that era and and the mannerism of the woman in love.

I can't differentiate her action when she think sunwoo was his brother and sunwoo as her lover. The acting need to be more nuanced.

Ara has always been attracted to Sun Woo, even when she accepted his claim to be her brother. In the scene when she taught him how to write, the voiceover gave her conflicting emotions. Her character is a capable, no nonsense, working woman type, it would be odd to be giving shy looks or fluttering her lashes.

But this show seems to bring a lot of the modern times into the Shilla era, 6th AD(?). I always thought that in the old days, anywhere in the world, women were not free to roam around alone. Only maids and old women would go to the market on their own. It was not safe and considered low class behaviour. So I find it odd that Soon Ho and Ara moving around freely in public places and even hanging around waiting  for Ban Ryu. At the eating place, it was like a regular modern cafe with women freely mixing.  Maybe I was wrong. 

I was thinking of another curved ball, maybe SMJ and SW were twins of the Queen. As in Man in the Iron Mask, one is in trouble. Maybe she instructed one to die but he lived to be SW.  

That poor princess, one or the other, she will marry her brother.

58 minutes ago, maribella said:

Ara has always been attracted to Sun Woo, even when she accepted his claim to be her brother. In the scene when she taught him how to write, the voiceover gave her conflicting emotions. Her character is a capable, no nonsense, working woman type, it would be odd to be giving shy looks or fluttering her lashes.

IMHO, Go Ara the artist doesn't deliver that emotion clearly, or maybe she just lack the gracefulness that I expect coming from women from the old era. (Doesn't help that the character was always crying and whinning when sunwoo was around).
If we talk about a capable, no nonsense, working women type then Da Jang Geum come to my mind. No shy looks and fluttered eye lashes, but still so gracefull and feminine and commanding respect from all the people around her ( I know Go Ara is no Lee Young Ae ..and hwarang is no Da Jang Geum).

ahh this show belong to the category of "what could have been a great drama story wise" to me if only the writing is better. But I just can't stay away now, I need to know how the king journey will end.

And to be clear, I am no fan of Park Hyun Sik before this drama, never heard or know about him.
I watch it because one of my friend recommend it. From all 3 of the main lead, I only watched Go Ara in Reply 1994 before and she was great in it.

From DB:

1.4 Amie February 7th, 2017 at 11:45 PM

Good thing they angled the camera for the kiss in the last scene. Ahro or Ara doesn’t hv any sex appeal, there I said it. They compliment each other in height but that’s about it. Park Seo Joon might as well kiss Ji Dwi maybe they could spark some chemistry. I thought this was only 16 eps coz I just want to be done with Ahro.

I was laughing at this comment. I did wonder about the angle of the camera too. Very different angle from during SMJ kissed Ah Ro. 

I like the bromance but that will be Ewww.

All these dumping on Ara.... isn't there a wee bit of jealousy there, two good looking lead guys after her?:lol: just kidding girls. 

I am eagerly waiting for SW/MM's birth secret and of course PYS's punishment. 

How is Ban Ryu going to redeem himself? I think there will be a war scene with Baekje for the King to prove himself and BAn Ryu to be worthy of Huarang. 

Just want to compare and contrast SMJ and SW for the sake of the story and not on the merit of acting cause I love them both!

SMJ grew up knowing he is king and a true bone and hence he is supposed to have a healthy self esteem according to societal expectations.  The way he approached Ah Ro was full of confidence but the irony is when it comes to stepping up to the plate, he was unable to.  He lacked courage.  SW on the other hand grew up thinking he is the lowest of the lowest and the way he approached Ah Ro was tentative, not feeling worthy but when it comes to stepping up, serving and speaking on the people's behalf he was full of boldness and courage.  There lies the problem with the caste system that Korea had.  It was so problematic that people are marrying off their children with relatives causing a genetic problems.  The people were honoured based on their blood ties and hence their identity and self worth is tied to something they cannot change  but the drama gives us hope that anyone like SW could possibly become king if they have the heart for the people, to be able to sacrifice oneself to serve the people.  They should not be judge according to their blood ties but on merit of character.  It was a perfect set up to show up the hypocrisy of the olden times because here lies a faceless king whom nobody knows and thus they could have accepted just about anyone with the courage and attitude like SW.  Of course we know from history that SMJ will become a great king one day but this story just put a spin to it.  King Jinheung was a great king because he started to abolish such caste system allowing Korea to be what it is today.  And who knows all this could be due to his experience while being a Hwarang.  And perhaps SW will be that great general besides the king just like Kim Yushin in history. 

1 hour ago, Ainee Etp said:

From DB:

1.4 Amie February 7th, 2017 at 11:45 PM

Good thing they angled the camera for the kiss in the last scene. Ahro or Ara doesn’t hv any sex appeal, there I said it. They compliment each other in height but that’s about it. Park Seo Joon might as well kiss Ji Dwi maybe they could spark some chemistry. I thought this was only 16 eps coz I just want to be done with Ahro.

I was laughing at this comment. I did wonder about the angle of the camera too. Very different angle from during SMJ kissed Ah Ro.

just my opinion:  PSJ and PHS are both hot kissers.  So it is definitely not the men!  I do feel that Ah Ro has better chemistry with PHS.  She is just a tad more comfortable.  But lately in Ep 16, Ah Ro is looking more comfortable with PSJ.  Who knows?  Maybe they should show us the BTS.  

10 hours ago, ferily said:

And then Aro says she knows the eyes of somebody who has given up, but SMJ hasn't given up yet. Oof!! Just hit me right in the heart with the feels man.. SHE NAILED IT. Oh my gosh, even though SMJ and AR aren't in a love triangle anymore, I am still loving their interactions together. I love love love how well Aro knows SMJ... Gahh, even if they don't end up together (which they won't), I really hope we can see them as friends. Because I love their chemistry together.

Lastly, I am glad that SMJ is finally taking the initiative to take the throne and be a King. I think Sun Woo acting as King and proving that he can actually be a worthy King is a wake up call for SMJ to 정신찬려 (Like get your head together.. I don't know, the English translation just doesn't fully interpret the actual meaning of it...if that makes sense). I'm super excited to see him take some action and stand up to his mother :D I wonder what his plan is to confront Youngsil like that and confessing he is the King.. I also wonder when all the Hwarang boys are going to find out SW isn't the King but SMJ is? Can't wait to see what happens in Episode 17 and 18 and what SMJ is going to do

9 hours ago, notohaterfans said:

Even though it hurts how SMJ begged AR to be with him, that it doesn't matter even if she likes SW as long as she will be with him, what a shame, that hurts but i need to thank AR for her brilliant response, it's a NO but her answer made SMJ do his next move, getting his act together and focus on becoming the king. Thank you AR. 

Firstly yesterday's episode was nice. way better than what we had got till recent times. Anyway in my opinion SMJ takes initative to become king is for 2 reasons

1.After hearing to master we hwa's words he got strength in him and also when reading the poem he understood the inner meaning of it.   

2.Ah ro's words just made him realise who he actually is and what he should do next not only that led him to revel himself in front of Park young shil as king but also didn't get the fear he had been facing all through of getting killed  ( infact he reveled himself to most villainous person in shilla who had been plotting to kill him since beginning.-_-

Next thing what i noticed in the episode is about ban ryu. He looked  like a child who does all antics to get attention of father or mother..    I feel he wants his father's approval very badly so he is ready to anything even betray his other hwarang as long as he is regarded by Young shil. i was really heartbroken  when he broke SY 's heart. :(

I liked the princess(first timeB)) confrontation to SMJ. That showed how much she cared about him when she asked with tearful eyes how long??..

Other thing that is bothering me is Hansung's grandpa's meeting with YS. Hansung's granfather says if things go well then you must keep the promise and make suk family part of your family.. so does this mean Ban ryu has sister or as such ..:o i was literally laughing whe YS told BR about himself becoming king  ( i was like dream on :Dyou'll never be)

SW and SMJ's conversation really intrigued me.(Esp. SMJ's  expressions ) i felt it was like SW was questioning SMJ and he was clarifying about mak moon's death. It was more like speaking in puzzle still able to relay one's feeling to other. SMJ was speaking about his life while hiding and SW guessed it rightly of him being worried of hurting people next him ,not able to sleep because of that was like RIGHT ON!!! 

.anyway lot more serious plots to come over next week and lots of SMJ's retaliation :wub:  queen's frustration and epidemic ??Can't wait for monday?? I always hate to wait for these days till next week-_-

(phew .. first long post of my life..:D)

Archived