[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

hhhhhhhhhhhhh My Hwarang!! :w00t::love: really I'm loving these quizezs they always on my side!! :lol::love: 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/08/quiz-male-k-drama-star-will-date-valentines/

Spoiler
You got Park Seo Joon!
You
images.kpopstarz.com
Park Seo Joon’s sensitive and warm heart will make you want to keep him forever. He’s not only handsome, but he’ll do everything he can to make it the perfect day for you! He'll plan ahead and have the entire day organized so that you're well taken care of.

Watch: Park Seo Joon Lends Voice To New OST For “Hwarang”

park seo joon

Hwarang” star Park Seo Joon has shown off his singing voice in a new OST for the popular drama!

On February 6, KBS released the music video for the latest “Hwarang” OST entitled “Our Tears,” which features the vocal talents of lead actor Park Seo Joon and was written by the show’s music director Oh Joon Sung.

Check out the video below to listen to the beautiful ballad, as well as see footage of Park Seo Joon recording the track!

Watch “Hwarang” by starting with the first episode below!

read here: https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/06/watch-park-seo-joon-lends-voice-new-ost-hwarang/

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

I have no idea what he's saying other than dates and Hwarang :lol: but I love seeing him and hearing his voice!! :wub: 

Based on your info I found our HS was giving the same celebratory message because of Kstyle 5th Anniversary (http://www.kstyle.com/) with his group too:

Spoiler

http://bts-trans.tumblr.com/post/155325645350/eng-161226-kstyle-5th-anniversary-a

There's English translation too.  Wow, they are really good in Japanese too!

@nassyra yes!! I'm always "don't speak in formal speech with him!!" and I get happy when he fails to keep the formal speech and get back to speak in banmal hhhhh :wub: and when he called him by his nickname and told Yeo Woo to protect "Sun Woo" made me so happy because he cared for his friend not the King and the same thing for Yeo Wool and Dan Se!! :wub: and yes they were great too and I loved Dan Se from the 1st time he made Han Sung sign to join the Hwarang and I'm happy that we saw more of him since then!! he's a good brother and I love his interaction with Sun Woo and Pa Oh!! :wub: 

Yes, love that you said that they see him as saving a friend first.  :blush:

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

well they'll find out he was protecting the real King but will they find out he's a royalty too?!! that's funny and confusing at the same time:at 1st they hought he's a low birth man, then Sun Woo a half-breed, then King Jinjeung, then back to Sun Woo then royalty (Prince) that we don't know his name yet!! :blink: hhhhh

Haha yeah that's so true!! Like what if Sun Woo is actually a prince as well ^_^ This is why we need to know Sun Woo's identity right now!!

2 minutes ago, emiry32 said:

Park Seo Joon singing "Our Tears" :wub: So beautiful :heart:

Yes his voice sounds so wonderful :wub:

I really liked what the dramabeans recapped said about Episode 15 and 16 :) One part that stood out and love what DB recapper said:

Spoiler

I don’t blame Ji-dwi for asking Ah Ro one last time to be with him — I think he knew her answer, but he’s on the edge of a precipice and he just wanted to confirm, once and for all, that a life with her isn’t going to happen. I don’t even think he really would have given it all up if she’d said yes. I believe that he knows what he has to do now, that it’s time to take his throne even before his mother is ready to give it up. I think Ji-dwi must know that if he waits for her to make the decision, he’ll never really be the king he wants to be, so he must take his throne now rather than wait for his mommy to give it to him. 

I also loved that push that Hwa-gong gave him with the poem, reminding Ji-dwi that the longer people think Sun-woo is the king, the harder time Ji-dwi will have when he reveals his true identity. If Sun-woo gains enough momentum as “king,” wanted or not, the people will rally behind him and revolt when they discover that Ji-dwi is really King Jinheung. Ji-dwi may not feel ready to rule, but he may not have a choice anymore if he doesn’t want to have a rebellion on his hands the moment he takes his throne.

What she (?) said about Sam maek Jong is so on point. With him going to Aro and asking if she is willing to go with her, and him confirming with her one more time if she will go with him. I agree with what she said about SMJ. Even if Aro did say yes, I don't think he would've gone with her anyways. Now he is really determined to claim the throne now.

And the fact that the DB recapper talks about it being hard for SMJ to take the throne if people think Sun woo is the King... Yes yes! Time is running out for SMJ a being a faceless King and he doesn't have a choice anymore because he's getting pressure from people all around him. I still love how the Hwarang chief believes in SMJ regardless of what he did and still gives him advice.

Also I was reading some of the Dramabeans comments and one talked about  out of all the people SMJ decided to reveal his identity to, he did it to Youngsil, the person that wants to take him down. I hope there's a plan for SMJ doing this. I'm deep down hoping that all of this was planned by SH and SMJ but I don't think that'll happen :sweatingbullets: but I hope SMJ has a plan and reason for revealing his identity to the evil ahjussi... what do you guys think?

8 hours ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

@sheza   I think both PSJ and PHS are doing a great job as actors,  in their respective roles, bringing to the fore the characters they play.  

One is rough around the edges by nature,  uncouth,  having been brought up the way he was,  with no name and unknown parents, in a place  where life was harsh and survival was the name of the game.   Hwarang brought out that innate leadership.    The other is refined, rich, educated, trained and overprotected to the point of being hidden incognito;   with a mother putting him down,   he has an issue with  confidence,  and fear instilled, that the king could be killed even before his reign.    They are polar opposites, in a sense. 

Their similarities:  without a name and assuming the identity of his dead friend gave MM/SW an  entitlement that  enabled him  to be in Hwarang.   Without a known face and assuming the name Jidwi,  allowed him  freedom  to join Hwarang.

All set ups --joining hwarang,  the characteristics and complexity of the people surrounding them, everything that was good or  bad, rich or poor,  friend or foe,  the politics,  the  statement of the king being within hwarang,  seeing the blood of a friend, comrade,  and common people,  are a learning process, developing the future king to be the Great Jinheung, and the other, hopefully be a great warrior for and ally of the king.  The two of them do make a formidable team when they work together.

You are so right, agreed 100%, reading your analysis is so refreshing :wub:

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Haha yeah that's so true!! Like what if Sun Woo is actually a prince as well ^_^ This is why we need to know Sun Woo's identity right now!!

1 hour ago, emiry32 said:

This is just my guess. I guess maybe Sun Woo is Queen brother son  the man with the injured leg & he didn't knew it. If that'S true daebak. Then he is a prince too. SMJ cousin lol :wink:

On 2/7/2017 at 1:30 PM, sirina said:

I join this thread because of PSJ and Go Ara and I really love all the Hwarang boys but it's so sad a lot of PHS fan here and I feel like this thread belong only to PHS fan I would like to enjoy to read all the story  line and the people discuss about each character but a lot of end up with their personal issue actors don't get me wrong I like PHS too but this drama PSJ is the lead male you should accept it when you start watch this drama you shouldn't bash another actor I'm sorry if my comment upset anybody I think I will leave this thread because I don't like to see bad comment about PSJ and Go ara because they both very good acting at the end I have to say thank you for the people who put pics,video and recap for this drama.

I am so sorry that the posters in this thread have made you feel this way. This is the main reason that I stop coming here. I have continually spoken out about how the posters in this thread need to stop placing so much focus on PHS and SMJ but it goes over their heads. All they do is bash PSJ, Go Ara, the characters of MM, Ah Ro and their loveline in the drama. They need to realize that with them doing this they are alienating other posters from commenting who don't want to deal with their negativity. The fact that moderators have not reprimanded them over their actions is mind boggling to me. 

I just want to believe ban ryu is not that bad^~^(denying fans)

It's too easy for SMJ come to PYS' s room,he's the most dangerous person in silla

SW like waiting person in that pond,than SH,YW, DS come directly after the assassin come.

And btw I'm not PHS' s fans before hwarang^~^

The reason I watch hwarang actually after I see PSJ body on 1n2d when they're do jumping rope(wow he's HOT)

I've enjoyed their char include SW in the beginning ,amazed them when soccer game,they're really cool there,I love all of them,but SMJ char really amazed me,and want me to know PHS more,and more I dig abt him more I love him.

101613973_03328BFF2C2A929_zpsivhpvbva.gi

And sorry if only talk abt his char(it's not bcos I dun like other char,but bcos I can't express my feeling like other's member on this thread)

So instead tell people not only gush abt PHS since he's not the lead(But he's part of this drama)why you're not gush over PSJ,SW or AR by yourself,so other know why you like them.

Sorry for talking too much^~^

8 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your statement, I am only saying that being uncouth does not mean that you don't know how to bring it on.  No fault of the actors, the pairing was not right.  Those things happen.  I do not know if this drama was pre-produced or produced as the series ran.  If this drama was produced while the series ran, the writer should have made some adjustments to the script and taken much of the romance out.  

I would have preferred it, if they had to have a triangle (which I am not a fan of) have one between SMJ, AR and the princess. or MM, the princess and SMJ. Perhaps AR would have been better if she was paired with one of the other leading Hwarang.   

agree with the love triangle, if they really wanted to have one in the drama, maybe it would have been better to have smj, ah ro, and the princess. smj and ah ro for the most part but will break up because smj will need to marry the princess to ensure his stake to the throne and that he chooses his duty to the people over his own heart.

sw can have his own loveline with another character or can also be with the princess. if it's with the princess, breakup will also be for the same reason as smj and princess. ah ro and sw can just have a platonic relationship and treat each other like brother and sister. 

I was looking forward to be here today .... but some postings ..... sigh....

I love Ep. 16 so far ... (although they are some who do not like it, it is fine with me since it is our own preference..)  There are so many scenes that I like to talk about but if I do that in just one posting it will be too long and I rather have a few posts that are shorts.  This is the second post:

The scene between SW and SMJ's conversation when both did not go home although they have their day off:

(Translation taken from one of the online site)

SMJ: Why are you here?

SW: And you?

SMJ: I had nowhere to go.

SW: Me neither.

[A friendly vibe, till SMJ's next word]

SMJ: I am pretty good looking for a King, am I not?   Every one else say you are the King but you seem to still think I am.

SW: Did you live like this all your life? [SMJ, turned with a surprise facial expression and the BGM coming in] That King, I mean.  Worrying if someone will try to kill him.  Worrying if people around him will get hurt.  Being too worried to sleep.  It was like that for me.

SMJ: That cannot be all.  

SW:  If not?  Would he think about how to make the world more of a mess or if it is possible for just the King to fill himself.

SMJ:  How could the King who was never treated like a King ever think of things like that?

SW:  That King  [looked disbelief] can relate to people?

SMJ: Not that he knows the people.... [pause]  but he probably lived like one of them

SW: [turned to look at SMJ] I heard that the King who lived like one of the people kills anyone who sees his face. [clenching his fist]

SMJ: That is right! [looking right back at SW intensely] Probably .. He may have found out later or passed by without even realizing it.   But most of the time, he probably did not know someone died because of him because he is stupid, foolish and too weak to say not to kill them.

SW:  And what can a King like that do? Can he change the world? Why must he still be alive? Why must he still be alive?

SMJ: Do you want to kill him?  Then kill him! [Facing each other]

I like it when they translated in into a "third person singular" from the beginning of their conversation but the KBSWorld translate it into the "second person" like in the preview of ep. 16 .. thus sound stronger here. Hmm I'm not sure which is the exact translation...

SW: What can the King do? Why are you still alive? Why aren't you dead yet? 

SMJ: You want to kill me? Then kill me!

Love both actors who are able to portray the characters and situation well.  As in my previous posts and also some of the members here... they referred to the characters who have their similarities and differences that complement each other. Looking forward to that future scene.

2 hours ago, dani4lane said:

I am so sorry that the posters in this thread have made you feel this way. This is the main reason that I stop coming here. I have continually spoken out about how the posters in this thread need to stop placing so much focus on PHS and SMJ but it goes over their heads. All they do is bash PSJ, Go Ara, the characters of MM, Ah Ro and their loveline in the drama. They need to realize that with them doing this they are alienating other posters from commenting who don't want to deal with their negativity. The fact that moderators have not reprimanded them over their actions is mind boggling to me. 

I wish people could appreciate more of Sun Woo's character. All they ever talked about is SMJ and how pitiful he is while SW has also grown and proved himself to be a great leader in Hwarang. He didn't want all of these in fact, he was forced to be in Hwarang but he has shown many times that he can even be a great king if the situation turns out that way although I am sure he does not want to be a king. They complain about how the writer lets SMJ down to elevate SW. Can they not appreciate the potential of SW himself, I wonder? Especially, in Ep 15, PSJ's acting was on point, portraying how SW was so afraid of Ah Ro dying, portraying angst and anger in the fight scene with Crown Prince. SW really shined in that episode, in my opinion, showing his potential as a king, negotiating with Crown Prince and fighting for the subjects, but no one here mentioned that. I don't hate PHS or SMJ. PHS's acting has also improved from his earlier days I believe and he, as a young king, is very charming, indeed. But, still, I started watching this drama because of PSJ and still watching because of him. It makes me sad to see that all comments in this thread are mostly about PHS and SMJ. 

8 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I normally have issues with the Korean film-as-you-air schedule for dramas.  However, in the case of this drama, I wish they could change things with the plot.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy watching this, but mainly more because I want to see the end.  The thing is, they focus so much on Sunwoo-Aro, and I just don't find them very compelling.  That being the case, I find myself more and more finding things to nitpick about.

For example, Sunwoo's hair.  Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that Sunwoo is the only person to wear a full lion's mane on official outings?  Shouldn't he be in the full Hwarang uniform, including how his hair is styled?  Am I also the only one who thinks he makes a more aesthetically pleasing appearance when his hair is up?  His lion's mane is unkempt, so not practical for fighting, and makes him look like the half-blood lowborn who grew up in poverty that everyone makes fun of him for.

Second, can we please stop seeing that same close-up shot of Sunwoo's mouth as he yells that he's the king of Silla?  I put up with it in Episode 15 because it was a big turning point.  However, it wasn't really THAT big that it needed to be replayed, over, and over, and over, and over.  And then, when I finally think it's over, they show it 2 more times in Episode 16.  Please!  My eyes and ears are begging for an end to that scene.  Aside from the visual, the other reason the constant replay of that scene bothers me is because it's something that I would expect from normal air-as-you-film dramas--actors, writers, and staff are overworked and tired as the drama nears an end and they don't have as much material so they continue to use and reuse "filler" material.  What's the excuse in this drama?  They weren't up against some crazy schedule where the editor was editing the episode 5 minutes before it aired.  Couldn't they find other material?  And perhaps it would have been effective to show it just a couple times.  But the constant downplay took away the impact for me.

Third, I just don't really care about Sunwoo and Aro's relationship.  The two actors are very awkward together.  Also, for me, the draw of this show is the bromance, or what I expected to be some bromance.  This is supposed to be about the Hwarang.  Instead, it's about Sunwoo and Aro playing footsies.  It's not written well, it's not acted well, and therefore, there's no relevancy to it.  There is so much that needs to happen still in this drama--Jidwi gaining the confidence to ascend to the throne, Minister Park's downfall, Banryu's internal conflict.  Why not focus on these instead of showing us a supposed "love story" that has no relevance.  Quite honestly, if the writer had instead made the scenes between Sunwoo and Aro more platonic and about how the two try to live as brother-sister (Sunwoo in memory of his friend and Aro in memory of her brother who was forced to live a lowborn life), maybe something like that, then I would find this more compelling.  Instead, all we see is awkward Sunwoo and pouting Aro.  Enough.

And I keep asking myself why someone doesn't just kill Minister Park?  The Korean royal court was never shy about offing rivals and Jidwi has been in hiding for most of his life out of fear of assassins.  So I doubt that anyone would think twice if Minister Park were to be found dead one morning.

Hoping next week will focus more on Jidwi and Banryu, as well as Danse and Hansung, and even Suho.  Otherwise, they should just change the name of this drama to Sunwoo and Aro.

totally agreed with your post. every single point. :D

5 minutes ago, mz4jun said:

I wish people could appreciate more of Sun Woo's character. All they ever talked about is SMJ and how pitiful he is while SW has also grown and proved himself to be a great leader in Hwarang. He didn't want all of these in fact, he was forced to be in Hwarang but he has shown many times that he can even be a great king if the situation turns out that way although I am sure he does not want to be a king. They complain about how the writer lets SMJ down to elevate SW. Can they not appreciate the potential of SW himself, I wonder? Especially, in Ep 15, PSJ's acting was on point, portraying how SW was so afraid of Ah Ro dying, portraying angst and anger in the fight scene with Crown Prince. SW really shined in that episode, in my opinion, showing his potential as a king, negotiating with Crown Prince and fighting for the subjects, but no one here mentioned that. I don't hate PHS or SMJ. PHS's acting has also improved from his earlier days I believe and he, as a young king, is very charming, indeed. But, still, I started watching this drama because of PSJ and still watching because of him. It makes me sad to see that all comments in this thread are mostly about PHS and SMJ. 

I agree with everything you said!!!!!  Off topic, but did you write the article at mydramalist about Park Seo Joon? If you did, I just wanted to say thank you for that because PSJ deserves so much more love and recognition that he is woefully not getting in this pathetic thread and from the posters here. I don't hate PHS or SMJ either but I could take a lot less gushing over him and the character of SMJ. I started this drama for  purely for PSJ and continue to watch for him. Trust me when I say this if it wasn't for him I would've never watched this drama at all.  

@dani4lane may i know which posts exactly you're referring to with regard to the bashing of psj? i haven't really seen any posts that bashes him. also, since this is hwarang thread, shouldn't it be open to posts to all characters/actors involved in hwarang?

@jechoi1 agree with each and every single point, most especially the bromance and love story. i would have wanted to see more about the journey of the boys and their growth. for the love story, the chemistry is just not there. 

finished reading three last page and just want to say i love Ahro and enjoy her scene with or without SW/SMJ :blush: and i really enjoy Hwarang so much that make me uneasily waiting monday for come... when Hwarang end i think i cry a river cause dont know when i can see my three lead together again :bawling:

4 eps to go....reveals please!!   As for me, I am invested in the drama, and am equally appreciative of the two lead men and the characters they play.  Plus they both sing well, whoa. :)   That said, I also respect all opinions. 

SW was an unwilling "king" and knows it, but only spoke up because of Ahro.  He never thought it would open up a pandora's box--being a decoy open to assassination, threats to both himself and Ahro, politics, king makers and an identity still not revealed at this point.  

SMJ had already told SW that what if the King did not know/realize that people were being killed because of him?   It will sink in to SW.  And they wil be friends and allies for life.  I trust in this.  The drama is not a heavy one, intended to entertain and not end up a tragedy. 

BR?  He needs to be his own man.  His adoptive father is powerful and he knows it.   A promise to be king, or a prince, is tempting,   But he probably does not realize how much of a villain the man really is, at this time.   Am still hoping that he will change his mind when he learns that the evil man withheld medicine to let the epidemic spread more for political and financial gain.  BR was also witness to common folk  who died mercilessly at Baekje, and even within the Silla side of the border.   His roomies, one of which is a friend who was injured,  with a sister he likes,  and one of which is the real King, will eventually weigh as well. 

The princess intended for SMJ:  they do intermarry in the era, to preserve the sacred bone.  SMJ himself was a product of intermarriage, for real (i googled Jinheung). 

@mz4jun : it's not our fault that we come to like Sam Maek Jong as a character and Park Hyun Sik the actor more after this drama. The heart like what it like.

As I read from at least 10 pages, Most of the viewers and commenters here are not PHS fans, most don't know him before and most watch it because of Park Seo Joon. But as the story unfold, people fall in love with his character and related to his character the most. He is the dark horse. Nobody expect him to win people's heart over Park Seo Joon. 

I think a big part of it because of PHS ability to convey his inner turmoil with his eyes and facial expression perfectly. (His regal apperance and kingly behaviour in this drama make me curious about his real life personality and as I see some of his interviews, he is so different from SMJ. SMJ is manly but PHS is cute). It make me search for his other drama to see if he is also that good before (and he is. I've watch high society last week while waiting for new episodes, and he also steal the spotlight from the main lead there).

Honestly, I can't force my self to talk about sunwoo, because I don't find him interesting enough but I am 100% sure I never bash him or Park Seo Joon here. (PSJ is so handsome in the recent pictorial btw :wub:. he looks 10 times hotter in the modern clothes then he is in shila clothes)

Archived