Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

46 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

So someone here wanted to know the age of our characters yeah? Got this from the main thread.. (Cr: mrukki)

Kim Jung Hwan: March 1971

Deok Sun (Soo Young) and Sun Woo: August 17 1971

Taek: October 8 1971

Dong Ryong: January 28 1972

DR the youngest feels so strange to me. Lol 

OMG! Taek birthdate,8th October.... it's so coincidence that Taek is sharing the same birthdate (not year) as my mum!!!!! no wonder i like Taek so much, hahaha...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

Talking about birthdays Chingudeul Leo DS Libra Taek lol funny 

Opps quote not working for some reason sorry

"When Leo and Libra join together in a love match, theirs is an agreeable union. Being situated two signs apart in the Zodiac, Leo and Libra experience a deep understanding of the inner-workings of the other. When the Lion’s unbounded energy mixes with Libra’s natural sense of harmony, this is a romance of great balance. Leo and Libra are both outlandish versus reserved, direct versus peace loving. They can enjoy a very smooth relationship because each can appreciate and benefit from the positive attributes of the other.

Libra calms and soothes Leo’s flamboyance. As a couple, Leo and Libra are well balanced. Libra lays on the charm and good manners, which tame Leo’s direct and acerbic personality. But Leo is far more decisive than Libra. Leo can help their partners to make decisions more easily and act on them, and they can teach the art of spontaneity.

Leo is ruled by The Sun and Libra is ruled by the Planet Venus. The two Signs coming together form the basic foundation of relationships — warmth and passion. The Sun and Venus go well together. The sun is a masculine energy and Venus a feminine, so this relationship strikes a balance between energies. Venus is about the beauty of romance, and The Sun is about invigorating life spreading warmth. This couple sustain one another for a long time.

Leo is a Fire Sign and Libra is an Air Sign. These two elements combined either fuel one another seemlessly or diminish one another’s efforts. Libra can negotiate with the impetus and vigor of Leo, and both partners tend to take part in one another’s projects. They have established a perfect balance and tick clockwork! When they are joined, anything is possible, but this couple must be mindful of one another’s feelings and desires. Leo’s action-oriented approach to may conflict with Libra’s more passive, come-what-may outlook. Both Signs have a variety of interests, and Leo’s need to get involved gives them great stories to share with the more reserved Libra.

Leo is a Fixed Sign and Libra is a Cardinal Sign. Leo’s endurance outpaces the fleeting whims of Libra, the initiator. They have to work together to make their dreams come true. Leo will be the leader because of their strength and forceful nature. Libra will quietly take the reins from an intellectual and team-oriented perspective. Leo likes to give orders through personal authority while Libra charms others into doing things and is happy to placating Leo’s giant ego. It’s important for Leo to understand sacrifice. Libra, able to see both sides of the argument, can compromise easily, while Leo may be more put out over having to yield.

What’s the best aspect of the Leo-Libra relationship? It’s the harmony resulting from the union of Venus and The Sun. The balance between self and other represented by this relationship is a great learning experience for both partners. Each partner makes up for what the other is missing, so theirs is a highly compatible relationship."

http://www.astrology.com/game/compatibility/zodiac-signs/love.html

Edit: By the way Leo's Color Yellow and Libra's Color Blue and (EDIT GREEN)  LoL this production driving me crazy ^^ Help Chingudeul 

Wooow you brought our obsession to another level :D hahaha, love it! The one thing that I love the most from this thread is our freedom to express whatever it is that caught our attention in regards of Taek & DS's development both as character and pairing. Whether silly color theory, zodiac analysis, to "serious" contemplation, you are free to express your analysis on the narrative. It's been a while since I am absorbed fully to a story, it's starting to become unhealthy (sleep deprived, can't wait for next week). I am soooo grateful that we have this medium to share.

• Like 10

anyonghaseyo!

Nice to meet you all! I have made an account because of this thread, I couldn't help myself to join this thread anymore.

really thankful to be here, i have read almost every comment as much as i can. I love this thread so much not just because it's about teak-sun, but because all the heartwarming comment and how you guys share your thought. REALLY it feels like we are in the same neighbors just like in the series. ^^

@gerimisore hi ^^ after i read your comment, I really want to say that I agree with you about teak character. When teak forget to eat or don't know how to do daily routine doesn't mean he's a baby at all. I have a friend how very smart but her daily routine was a mess...she doesn't know how to used chopstick (just like teak) but that doesn't mean she a baby at all. She is someone who our group can lean on and ask for advice : ) Also about eating, personally Im studying architecture, I always forget to eat. Someday I have only one meal or someday I just have only a snack and coffee for the whole day. About sleeping too Im always doing my project the whole night and forget that its already morning hahhaa what I tried to explain is Teak is normal, all of his daily life is normal too. He is not a baby buy everyone just like to treats him like a baby. one last thing many guy friend that I know like to have girlfriend who similar to their mom kekeke >////< also many girl really bound to guy who make her feel like home more than friends >//////////< aweee (or just me?? hahahaha) 

ps. srry for my bad grammar T^T I will try my best to correct it next time.

Edited by pspim
  • Like 13

After watch ep 14 with subbed, the more I feel convinced that TK is the husband.. I know I should think differently to save my heart from broken heart and I always said to myself that JH is the husband but how I ignore all the signs.. Otoke?

i don't know if someone already mentioned it or not, the only guy that doesn't like to use socks is TK, and in this ep they zoomed it (when DS cover his feet with blanket), so I checked the previous ep and again he rarely and almost never uses socks.. And guess what, the future husband also doesn't use socks in every episodes that he showed up.. I know that people can change especially in 27 years but a small habit like that almost never change.. It's hard to change habit (eg. Someone who likes to bite her nails) and I don't think JH won't change his habit (wearing socks) because he has weak body.. so Is it clue or red hearing? I don't know

And when TK makes jokes about BR must be DS in her past life (because DS said that BR has been studying so hard), I feel like watching the future ds and her husband.. maybe I'm delusional but I just feel like the future husband jokes is similar with TK's jokes (when he said that she might be need a mirror or when future NL comes and he's got hurt and the future DS asks her husband then the husband said sarcastically that he needs stitches).. The thing is I haven't see JH-DS jokes around like that, when JH tease her, usually shout or yell at her.. 

JH is great guy, but in recent episodes, he becomes more and more like 2nd lead (sorry JH ship) which makes me even unsure that he's the husband.. 

For me SunTaek has more complex love story than JH-DS.. JH-DS is a high school crush to love relationship despite they're childhood friends but they're not as close as SunTaek.. But SunTaek is close friends (best friend) to become lovers.. of course it's harder for DS to realize her feeling when dealing with her relationship with TK.. The line between best friend and lover are so thin that not many people can see it..

that's why (imo) the writer makes SunTaek moments not so obvious (cover with many layer such as brother-sister relationship, mothering, friends and love relationship).. It might seem to normal moments rather than romantic moments but their moments are detail and quite climax compare to other ship.. On the other hand JH, is about grand gesture, romantic moments and cliche kdrama moments.. When I see JH, i feel like I'm back to my 18 when I'm having huge crush to someone but in the end, I choose someone that I feel more comfortable than my crush..

DS is such a beautiful gem that many guys would fall in love with her in a second.. She's caring, loveable and sweet..no wonder these two great guys likes her so much.. From what I see, her feelings towards JH is not purely her true feelings.. her behavior before and after her friends tell her that he likes her is 180 degrees different.. Of course makes us wonder, if she truly likes him or not and thankfully DR said the perfect words that makes her think about it..

i know that this is about family drama but I can't help it to guess who's the husband.. I'm still enjoying other characters but I can't stop to not see the clues.. Hehe 

sorry for my rambling, i hope it makes sense (i'm not really good with words) and I hope I don't insult JH ship 

• Like 23

Lordy, finally I can delurk and join you guys again. Finals got me like

11645979_690334401099262_1345200058_n.gi

2 hours ago, ebito said:

maybe someone has said this... but i will say it again... it's a total loss for anyone that watch reply 1988 only focusing on who is the husband... the story outside the guessing game is soo good that they actually doesn't even need that ridiculous game...  

I wholeheartedly agree with @ebito, RL1988 offers so much more than just the love triangle or the "infamous" husband hunt. It's so heartwarming and relatable that I sometimes forgot about the love line. I say those who get too invested in the husband hunt ruin the show for themselves.

Finally got my Tuesdays dose, and hell.. ep 13 is by far my favorite. I caught myself cry so much watching it which I never did with previous episodes. I don't get why a lot of people think it's boring or a filler episode. A whole episode dedicated to all the fathers out there is just way too touching to not cry. Kudos to dads, our forever supermen.

All the little stories brought up have hit home too hard. I just couldn't contain it anymore when Taek's dad was gone crazy when he couldn't get in touch with Taek. It reminds me so much of my dad. I remember when I first went away for school and things didn't go the way I wanted. With all the frustration had been bottled up, I called my dad and cried my eyes out. I told him I could not do it anymore and how I just slowly fell into depression. He cried with me. He couldn't bear to see me that way; his voice was broken while trying to cheer me up. And at that very moment, I realized I shouldn't make him worry  about me and have to be stronger. Gosh... Memories are rushing back *goes cry a little some more*

I just love this show so much. :wub:

• Like 14

@Meliere Your posts get me every time. This one I think puts to words what all of us have been feeling but struggling to express. Beautifully done. With an awareness of the world inside the show as well as the larger dramaverse.

22 minutes ago, Meliere said:

In a kdrama universe populated by Kdrama heros so perfect they are basically inhuman, the very human and very flawed Taek stands out like an ugly duckling.

Your post also brings me down to reality, the reality of kdramas, where a character like Teakie's brings fleeting respite to the tried and tested and stale and uninspiring brand of male leads. And if he is so unconventional, then is being endgame a necessity? I honestly don't know anymore. The drama could write itself out to make Taek's journey and his love deeper than that of the "OTP" and yet still not see to its rosy resolution. I think when we got on board this ship, many of us knew that this was likely going to happen, and are ready to face the ensuing heartbreak. I'm just grateful at this point that the show gave me a character whom I could get behind a 100%. So effortlessly compelling.

• Like 13

We're actually seeing a lot more of Taek, and it seems his personality is just getting closer and closer to the husband's. 

In Episode 14:
To Deok Sun, "Bora must have been you in her past life."
"We're not okay with it." During Junghwan's birthday party. Then quickly saying he doesn't like those kinds of movies. 

• Like 10

You know, I dunno if I have said this here before but for us in this thread, we sure do write eloquently don't we? Most of what we have written can be turned into a novel. We have a way of analysing and making valid points, explaining ourselves easily by a clear expressive language. I love reading every post here. It broadens your way of thinking whereby we try to understand each other. :)

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, mustardmaimai said:

@Meliere Your posts get me every time. This one I think puts to words what all of us have been feeling but struggling to express. Beautifully done. With an awareness of the world inside the show as well as the larger dramaverse.

Your post also brings me down to reality, the reality of kdramas, where a character like Teakie's brings fleeting respite to the tried and tested and stale and uninspiring brand of male leads. And if he is so unconventional, then is being endgame a necessity? I honestly don't know anymore. The drama could write itself out to make Taek's journey and his love deeper than that of the "OTP" and yet still not see to its rosy resolution. I think when we got on board this ship, many of us knew that this was likely going to happen, and are ready to face the ensuing heartbreak. I'm just grateful at this point that the show gave me a character whom I could get behind a 100%. So effortlessly compelling.

Yes.

While I wish Taek could live a long & healthy life with the girl he loves, I'm emotionally prepared if he isn't 'end game'. If the writer commits to the trajectory she has lovingly mapped out for our taekie (and I think she will, unless she wants to commit the authorly version of seppuku), I'm okay if his journey ends up being one separate from the DS-JH "omg OTP". 

I will be shamelessly cheesy and quote another poem:

I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle--
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories,
And not a single regret.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, chocolatepie said:

I'm your 언니 if you are a female...hehehe.

@Meliere, nope, Taek in 2015 is not my oppa..... :( we are 동갑(same age)... i prefer 1988 Taek to 2015 Taek (if he is the husband)... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋchocolatepie

@chocolatepie   언니:D  me too prefer Taek 88, this 2015 is nervous :) like a real possible husband in real life..not drama ideal man but like husbands are all over the world 

17 hours ago, mellinadear said:

So someone here wanted to know the age of our characters yeah? Got this from the main thread.. (Cr: mrukki)

I made a birthday post waaaaay back on this thread, and I still think DR's birthday is actually in 1971, making him the oldest. While it does make sense that he would be pushed to 1972 because he's still in their grade, tvN's official character bio states that he was born in 1971, so I think the order is

On 12/9/2015 at 9:43 PM, liteulkwin said:

DR - January 28, 1971

JH - March XX, 1971

SW - September 17, 1971

DS - September 17, 1971

TK - October 8, 1971

Additionally,

BR - September 14, 1968

Specifically, I think JH's birthday is March 4th or 5th because his birthday happened between the 2nd and 10th (as shown by dates in the drama), but DR said that JH's birthday was during the weekend. Sooooooo as the human who has a bunch of time on her hands such as I am I looked back to the 1989 calendar and the 4th and 5th are the weekend dates between then. :)

Also correction to their list, DS and SW are September babies, not August. This is shown on DS's passport.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Wendy Wang said:

I find it so funny how when Deok Sun asked Dong Ryong, why no one likes her, Dong Ryong literally gave her a hint by saying, "It's Taek." 

U know I wish to see more and the finale but at the same time I don't :(

@Meliere. Totally true...Actually we're not heroine (DS) but somewhat we expect her to choose what we would like to choose. When one of our aspects as same as a fictional character we don't want to hear/read about them being criticized by others. Sadly that's how it is, for most people. That's why I beware myself when I see debates starting with  "I am/was like that too..." I know I'm supposed to stop right there because why would I offend a person who has emotions  unlike fictional characters? So I speak to writers who is creator of this story. The thing I appreciate about Reply series, It has flawed and more realistic characters which allows us to analyze them and predict their future not based on cliches but based on how they're written.  For example previews, just look how we perceive them on basic level first time we watched but some of us can argue, this can not be that character would act upon. To be honest two character whose inner thoughts haven't exposed yet, are Taek and Deok Sun. Since we are all in Taek's Room I guess now we know him much or less by helping out each other. On the other hand Deok Sun  can surprise us anytime , one thing most of us haven't take it into account is girls are complicated than boys specially emotional ones lol. That's why when I read comments against Taek being husband I kinda get the idea since I myself would think twice before marrying someone like Taek since I'ld be worried to leave him alone.  lol But I ain't someone like Deok Sun I'm not generous, patient or even violent which is sometimes  better than saying things cruelly just to hurt someone's pride. That's why watching Taek's and Deok Sun's interaction warms me up, story itself telling me that  they are 'the one' for each other. But like someone quoted before soulmates may not maintain life long partnership, I agree unless they do think they wouldn't feel this much blessed with others ^^ Let it be Taek writer-nim!! 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mellinadear said:

According to reply 1988 official character's descriptions, those 5 were born on the same year (1971) so the oldest is Yoo Dong Ryong then the youngest is Choi Taek

• Like 8

1 hour ago, liteulkwin said:

I made a birthday post waaaaay back on this thread, and I still think DR's birthday is actually in 1971, making him the oldest. While it does make sense that he would be pushed to 1972 because he's still in their grade, tVN's official character bio states that he was born in 1971, so I think the order is

Specifically, I think JH's birthday is March 4th or 5th because his birthday happened between the 2nd and 10th (as shown by dates in the drama), but DR said that JH's birthday was during the weekend. Sooooooo as the human who has a bunch of time on her hands such as I am I looked back to the 1989 calendar and the 4th and 5th are the weekend dates between then. :)

Also correction to their list, DS and SW are September babies, not August. This is shown on DS's passport.

OK sooo when people talk about astrology I have to include myself hehe

now y'all are using the middle eastern methods of astrology ( which has been influenced and influenced Chinese astrology)

so you go by Chinese Astrology all of them were born in the year of the pig, HOWEVER a mistake people make is they dont know that the day,month, hour are important as well! ( its important for the other form of astrology as well, your moon, sun and ascendant will individualize each person's fate)

so for example for DS and SW have their month in the red chicken and the element of fire, their day is the green snake and the element of wood. ( according tho their lucky element, they should wear yellow and brown for luck hehe). It is actually interesting when DS and SW do the same things, because according to astrology, they would have relatively similar personalities ( not completely, as the hour one is born is one of the most defining factors)

but we have to keep in mind that the birthdays were really manipulated for the narrative ( like bora and DW being so close in days to create conflict, or TK being the next one to highlight his introduction, still believe that DR bday has to do with the photo album >.< )

------

so i just saw the comments on soulmate=not being together....and that can be trueish...we can have potentially multiple soulmates and they can be in our lives at different times, but I dont know what philosophical stuff you all read but everything I have read ( like implications of the red string of fate from 1994...) point towards soulmates always finding each other and a lot of times our whole life journey is reuniting the separated souls. Religious text and etymologies of the word for soul/soulmate/love mostly all point towards searching and reuniting, so unless someone dies here soulmates would not separate long term. Hence, why so many art forms have been built on the angst of reunited soulmates having to separate because of one dying, because according to the law of soulmates, you will always find your way to each other but Death aka Supreme power aka God is the only one that can get in the way of that. Again reincarnation, and soulmates go hand in hand for a reason. ( just wondering does anyone know the etymology of love/soul/soulmate in Korean? considering how much their dramas focus on fate I feel a strong link...)

• Like 7

It's not the same as baduk but I want to make a parallel. One of my acquaintances is the best friend form childhood (and still) of No  1 tennis player - Novak Djokovic. I heard a stories how Djokovic-ssi was like Teakie in sense that he only had in his life tennis and practising (like young Teakie with 17 years). He never had other people except his family and very few friends from the early childhood. Because he never had a time. He was shine, always listening only his father and mother, absolute clues about real world. His family was poor so he always needed to win to pay of loans to loan sharks. But now he is totally different persona. Maybe too loud for my taste and sometimes arrogant. But totally different persona. And not just that now he looks more like business person than a tennis player...

So life of professionals  is cruel. Child or not in the world of baduk hahhahahaha those people are like poker players. 

Considering JH issue I agree with @Meliere - why I don't see his dreams ? He is great guy really really manly, smart, good all the best. And we all mentioned here it's ok if he is the husband. We believe in good story till the end. We want all the best for al 5 families. They deserve it :) ! They give us the power to be as much human in the good meaning as they all are. I only regret why JH never ever tell something good to DS about her good looks. I know he is shine. But c'mon man! A cat won't eat your tongue if you give your friend a compliment either you like her or not. My friends who are guys so many times told me beautiful things about my looks in normal brotherhood way. That's ok.

15 minutes ago, Meliere said:

I watched ep. 13 - 14 last night with subs, and most of what I want to say has already been brilliantly summed up by @mustardmaimai @minibunny and many others. I know people have been frustrated with the lack of love-triangle movement. But I wouldn't trade 23589789 kisses for the Sunwoo-dad scenes and the DS-class president scenes. Both hit me so hard in the guts ... omg. 

I have just one thing more to add:

Right now, after subs, I'm leaning towards a 60- 80% chance that Taek's the husband (LOL major improvement from the 10-20% of bygone days).

I say this not because of clues (though they are fun!), but because of the narrative:

• A good story sets its foundations before it drapes its finishing touches; writers will generally throw out paving stones to prepare a narrative course. With the story and information given to us so far, it seems to me that the writer is mostly concerned with portraying JH as he is in the present. His scenes have such a strong "here and now" quality because they've been so consistent: almost every episode, we see JH struggling to express himself well (to his mother in ep. 1, to Sunwoo in ep. 2, to his father in ep.3, to Bong hyung in ep. 8, to DS in episodes 11-14), but in the eleventh hour (i.e. literally close to the episode's end), there is a reversal and we find out he is a total gooey marshmallow nice guy. This setup is essentially a theme and variations that's been repeated so often that viewers know JH really well as a person and have come to love him. But from a novelistic perspective, this is also JH's greatest weakness: he is so grounded in the present that few paving stones have been thrown for his journey into the future. Outside of DS and Ssangmun-dong, who is he as a person? Aside from teen preoccupations with exploring his sexuality and studying and playing soccer, what makes him tick? Who does he want to become? What are his private dreams? What is his relationship with teachers and students and people outside of Ssangmun-dong? If JH is my choice for end game, I'd be very nervous right now ... because DS is developing into her own person outside of the love triangle, but 90% of JH's scenes is love triangle angst. 
  • Right now, Taek is a like a loaded gun with several bullets stocked. So! Full! of! Kinetic! Energy! His "you know nothing about me" line to DS sent chills down my spine. SERIOUSLY TAEKIE? The girl thinks she's got you in the palm of her hands, and you're telling her she know nothing? NOTHING? Holy crap? Are you working for the CIA? Leading a double life? Doesn't it seem like a direct challenge to DS, the narrative, and to drama viewers? Aside from the challenge, there's also a promise: we are given hints of exciting developments to come. In this sense, the writer is concerned with portraying Taek as he will be, in the future. Also, look at his scenes: like DS, his screentime isn't limited to love triangle developments; out of all the Ssangmun-dong characters, he is the character who consistently ventures out beyond the fish bowl. 

BUT THIS COULD ALL CHANGE! The Reply writer has a history of taking turns backing male leads into terrible corners, all to keep the husband game alive until the last freakin' episode. So the next two episodes could feature major developments for JH, while keeping TK stagnant. Who knows... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

haha yeah your last sentence the reason i can't be so sure Taek the husband since they might drop the bomb next ep and give JH major development that no matter how hard we try that development will be the one that change everything if they ever gonna do it to support JH as husband..right now he just getting deeper in his love triangle misery while Taek and DS leaving their comfort zone slowly and moving to bigger picture(idk if im making any sense lol) so if writer gonna redeem JH and making him as awesome like in beginning they need to stop dragging his selfmade misery since TK&DS development is leaving him behind and not looking back...if they continue to drag on JH lovelife without much development in many more ep i would really think that Taek is the real main lead here only if they have no intention to give conclusion..

but considering that husband game is one of their obsession so not gonna surprise they dragging that triangle until the very end of series but it would only become lame ending if they don't develop the main couple properly and just gonna announce the husband last min to keep the game going...

but oh well no matter what the storm gonna hit our Taekkie next ep the boy have come so far from 0% out of everyone radar to actual strong submarine that can shake the huge ship from below so i have no regret being here..

the fact he gotten big character development but still manage to be mystery that have unlimited layer to peel and not even DS palm can hold him is enough to make me excited for what in store in this precious boy future im sure the writer won't ruin him after all their careful nurturing of his unique story no matter he end as husband or not Taek still one of best discovery of kdrama land so he should not be wasted 

• Like 13