Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

We also see how they give us a proper 360 degree pan of Taek's room..the trophies,the comics collections,the posters at the wall,there are also random books.Lol maybe I am looking too much into the scenes.But,the sub helps.Yes,that tv show and that particular scene has been picked for a reason right? As you said the dying man wants to come back to his family,it's all about family after all.But we get that dialogue on ep 20,the dialogues get cut by DR's eating disorders on ep 1 lol.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, moonkeeper said:

I'm here....^__^  this ep..i hate Bora...Sorry...But I hate how she communicate/Talk to her sister or bicker in front of parents..

The funny thing is SW loved her. So there must be something good about her -- apart from the episode at his father's funeral -- that he saw and we didn't.  

We also know that SW is the "most normal of their kind on this block".

And that SW also is the #1 enabler of TK. In this opening scene, he was already telling them off for ordering TKie around. He said that TK just got back home. 

His character would be fun to dissect. 

I wouldn't mind having a son-in-law like him. The only problem is I only have sons and they're not into guys. lol  

• Like 17

@packmule3 i was curious about ep 19, at hotel scene. When ds told tk " why? Do you wanna kiss me again?" 

Why she told tk about "awkward? They are friends. And still awkward till now, and she said "but.........." I need explaination about this things, ds just said awkward? Why she wont told him about her feeling? 

Thank youuuuu for coming back lol

• Like 4

Just now, nearsea said:

We also see how they give us a proper 360 degree pan of Taek's room..the trophies,the comics collections,the posters at the wall,there are also random books.Lol maybe I am looking too much into the scenes.But,the sub helps.Yes,that tv show and that particular scene has been picked for a reason right? As you said the dying man wants to come back to his family,it's all about family after all.But we get that dialogue on ep 20,the dialogues get cut by DR's eating disorders on ep 1 lol.

Yah! Don't laugh at my DR's eating disorders. If he didn't have that incident in the soccer field, then we wouldn't have that bridal carry, and we wouldn't have that "real dreamy kiss". So one can reasonably argue here that DR's gastroenterological problem was also a plot device. kekeke. 

But yes, DR had the explosive pop with the bag of chips (shrimp crackers? I've seen those in the oriental stores here. Aren't they too salty?) And in Episode 20, he also had the explosive fume of gas coming out of his netherworld.  lol. hahaha. 

Bookends. 

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

The funny thing is SW loved her. So there must be something good about her -- apart from the episode at his father's funeral -- that he saw and we didn't.  

We also know that SW is the "most normal of their kind on this block".

And that SW also is the #1 enabler of TK. In this opening scene, he was already telling them off for ordering TKie around. He said that TK just got back home. 

His character would be fun to dissect. 

I wouldn't mind having a son-in-law like him. The only problem is I only have sons and they're not into guys. lol  

hahahha!!her character is not easy to get along specially if you really don't know her..I appreciate her in other ep...but this ep. she's so brutal to DS ...You can see how alpha her character is..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, delulu4kdrama said:

I think Sun Woo and Taek are the only 2 DS introduced without their last name. I guess that already gave some clues on the closeness of the relationship 27 years later. 

oooh. Good catch!! Were JH's and DR's last names mentioned in their respective introductions? 

Another proof to add to the 1001 proofs we already have that the scriptwriter knew what she was doing from the very beginning...See? She didn't leave anything to chance. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Yah! Don't laugh at my DR's eating disorders. If he didn't have that incident in the soccer field, then we wouldn't have that bridal carry, and we wouldn't have that "real dreamy kiss". So one can reasonably argue here that DR's gastroenterological problem was also a plot device. kekeke. 

But yes, DR had the explosive pop with the bag of chips (shrimp crackers? I've seen those in the oriental stores here. Aren't they too salty?) And in Episode 20, he also had the explosive fume of gas coming out of his netherworld.  lol. hahaha. 

Bookends. 

Hahaha yeah..DR is our official MVP no doubt! Ironically it's funny that only he got all the digestional problems from the crackers..randomly stuffing his stomach with foods,while the rest of the gang did not have to suffer from any of these.Especially deok sun was always the one having cake competition with JB or roughly handling her food on the episode at china lol,it should have been her call =D.We do get the toilet jokes between the gang often,like on that time when DS was going for a washroom break,and DR keeps teasing her [not going into the details ermm].[That episode when TK confessed in front of the boys that he likes her and it's funny that he's doing it the next scene,in DS's absence]

• Like 7

1 minute ago, packmule3 said:

oooh. Good catch!! Were JH's and DR's last names mentioned in their respective introductions? 

Another proof to add to the 1001 proofs we already have that the scriptwriter knew what she was doing from the very beginning...See? She didn't leave anything to chance. 

Yup JH and DR were introduced as Kim Jung Hwan and Yoo Dong Ryong

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

@packmule3 i was curious about ep 19, at hotel scene. When ds told tk " why? Do you wanna kiss me again?" 

Why she told tk about "awkward? They are friends. And still awkward till now, and she said "but.........." I need explaination about this things, ds just said awkward? Why she wont told him about her feeling? 

I'll get back to you on this, okay? She's essentially saying that she's open to, receptive to, ready for, willing to have a change in their relationship as friends EVEN THOUGH it may cause some kind of awkwardness for them.

Her "but" was  like a traffic signal. She was giving him a GREEN light. So Taec went vroom vroom and his lips bumped against her lips in a mouth-to-mouth collision. [That's my PG+ explanation, lol.]

But if there are others who would like to answer this, too, feel free to join in.  

• Like 21

41 minutes ago, bebe1989 said:

My take is, DS was never sure of Taek's feelings for her. Remember, Taek said he liked someone and was planning to confess soon. Plus, that morning after they kissed, DS dismissed it as a dream, and Taek said, "That's a relief." It's only natural for DS to assume that Taek didn't like her.

If she confessed and Taek rejects her, then it would be awkward for them to be friends again, especially after having kissed. She didn't want to risk their friendship, because she couldn't imagine not having Taek around in her life. 

Afterwards, she said that things could become awkward now too - if Taek rejects her - BUT... That's that green light @packmule3 mentioned. 

• Like 17

18 minutes ago, __jesse said:

@packmule3

And as I replay the phototaking scene, I believe something special happened between the two there and then.

DS: Damn it… I don’t look pretty today.

She didn’t wear the sweater because she looked pretty in it. She wore it because it was Taek’s sweater.

Taek: You look pretty.
DS: Really?
Taek: Yeah, your clothes are pretty, too.
DS: These clothes look okay?

I have different interpretation on this conv. When Deok Sun said “I don't look pretty today.” Taek  didn't even look at her before answering “You look pretty.” And he  knowingly smiled which means he knew Deok Sun said it just to confirm  she looks pretty and as expected it didn't surprise her “Really?” smiley  ^^ These kids knows each other better than anyone lol :D 

• Like 12

I found it a bit odd that when JH dad was speaking ill of SW mom's food,his wife asked 'how did you know that it was made by her'..and took the rice bowl away as fast as she could lol.Is there something I'm missing here? =/..

• Like 3

@packmule3 welcome back! I am a fan of your analysis. Very glad that you are able to post again.

I have a question: back in 88/89 do you think TK knows of DS's feelings? I remember the scene where he told SW that he's afraid that DS would not believe him, not that he would get rejected.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, __jesse said:

And as I replay the phototaking scene, I believe something special happened between the two there and then.

DS: Damn it… I don’t look pretty today.

She didn’t wear the sweater because she looked pretty in it. She wore it because it was Taek’s sweater.

Taek: You look pretty.
DS: Really?
Taek: Yeah, your clothes are pretty, too.
DS: These clothes look okay?

DS was startled that Taek would mention her clothes. She paused slightly, before turning her head and asking him, “These clothes look okay?” A more literal translation of this question would be, “These clothes are okay?” She felt sheepish about wearing his clothes, and was indirectly asking for his permission. What she really meant was, “Is it okay to wear these clothes?”

Taek: Yeah.
DS: It’s your clothes.
Taek: Oh.

Read what I wrote again. ;)

Yes, she wore it because it was Taek's. I told YOU and people here that girls borrow their "boyfriends" outfits because they like to claim the boy as their own. It's a psychological thing in grained in women above 15+ years old. It belonged to TK, so sure, she wanted to wear it. 

But you can't dismiss the fact that she chose it because she looked pretty in it, too. Come on now. Aren't you a girl like me? You know how this works, right? WE like to look GOOD in front of the guy we adore. There are undoubtedly OTHER sweaters in TK's closet. But she went for the PINK because she thought she looked especially good it in. 

Why do you think she wore a PINK sweater again to her trip in China in 1994, when she knew TK was going to be there? lol. That wasn't because she "accidentally" grabbed a pink sweater off her closet. That was intentional. She likes pink. [from Episode 1] Pink was the sweater that she borrowed from TK.   

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, nearsea said:

I found it a bit odd that when JH dad was speaking ill of SW mom's food,his wife asked 'how did you know that it was made by her'..and took the rice bowl away as fast as she could lol.Is there something I'm missing here? =/..

i think pretty much everyone know SW mom's cooking skill is bad lol except for maybe the person herself maybe because SW never complaint..

i remember she want to give food for TK appa but he look scared

• Like 6