Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Watching it from the start in believing Taek IS husband I'm seeing crazy foreshadowing theories 

1.The First Love. Deok Sun's love for Sun Woo evolved in old fashioned way. Writing post cards, giving sweets and dramatic closure with regret.

image.pngimage.png

2. The Sweet Surprise Love. Deok Sun's love for Junghwan evolved in youthful and colorful way. Concert dates, birthday celebration and medicore closure with no angst.

image.pngimage.png

3. The Last Love. Deok Sun's love for Taek is comfy. To be honest it  evolves more maturely. (Bora's denim jacket ^^) They need to run as fast as they can to have their comfy marriage. 

image.pngimage.png

@packmule3

YLjfa1v4eEDhSynINsIOYrtKzX0t38RbSbZUrxwI

• Like 21

@SongMira

It's not official, and it's just speculation from a fan (an angry one).

방금 공개된 #응답하라1988 19화 예고편에서 덕선이가 택이를 거절하는 듯한 장면이 나왔다. 고로 남편은 택이인가 보다... 아주 이 놈 시키들은 드라마가 끝나는데도 낚시를 하네..

Translation: In the episode 19 preview that was just released, there is a scene in which it appears that DS rejects Taek. So it appears that Taek is the husband... These freaking bastards continue to bait us even when the drama is ending.

So, yeah, definitely not official.

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, meguna said:

I'm quite sad the there's some negativity around the r88 related threads and just when the series is ending too. But I can understand why some things are going like that but I hope this shipping wars won't get in the way of everyone in enjoying the series. We can't be too confident but we can't be too pessimistic as well. Reply 1988 had more to offer than just finding out who is the husband and surely everyone enjoyed the moments that were not hubby hunting related. So let's all hold tight to this roller coaster ride, you never know if the writer prepared something big that will change the course of everything or a straight up plot that will launch us to the sky. We're all in this together. Whether you're on TK's team, on JH's or just neutral. I really love this series and although I favor TK in the hubby contest, I do like JH as well. Everyone in the series is precious to me and all that happened to them are things I want to cherish no matter what happens. The preview was really something but I can't really come up with anything or rather, I don't want to. I just want things to unfold when the episode is out. I admit though that seeing the preview quenched my thirst for r88 a little bit haha. Have a nice day everyone!

@meguna love your post! same to me, i love all of characters on this series, very precious! :heart:

• Like 5

Btw, some ppl assume that ds reject TK? When im sure their on abroad, the prove from 2 vase like they were in china, and prove the spoiler photo with tk manager(not in korea) lol. Why they assume ds refuse TK? When they go to honeymoon at htl room? At least if ds reject tk, shouldnt they on cafe or still in korea? 

Why ds reject tk on htl room?

you all must call me crazy, but it seems ds want confession from tk, or she did it by herself. Looks what ds really want? When she clearly said " we re friends"( i added) i want certainty about our relationship. 

And taek seems surprise !

happy sailing chingus ! Nomu saranghaeee

• Like 17

@meguna Hear, hear, sista. Deokseon and I agree with ya! As Deokseon BFF, let me tell ya that there is more to R88 than the husband hunting… Mi Ok and I can attest to that (goat bleats…) Peace! 

Edited by deokseonbff
Bad video insert
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, melissala said:

Hmm... Taek doesn't look devastated at the end of the preview, he looked surprised at what she said.  PBG is red eyed lately because he's exhausted probably, but that doesn't mean Taek is crying lol 

Yeah I don't think he is crying. Look at those eyes the most negative emotions may be fear? 

image.png

• Like 17

@salz I am also waiting for this drama to end lol.[Just trying to say it out loud,so it makes the withdrawal syndromes less harder =/].Considering  I was working from home for a while,this drama totally ruined the whole process for me lol.I've been on this *thread for two weeks[Nope,more]? maybe on and off =S.[Things we do for kdrama].This drama would stay dear to my heart and this being a kdrama that I am so satisfied with in months/year maybe..makes the dose of happiness double.Add to that all the wonderful 'remarks,analyses and photo montage' we get here from the special work force team lol.Can't believe this is the finale time and reply does not air next week =[[.Gonna miss the show and all of you brilliant,terrific girls from this thread.A lot.

• Like 9

I don't know how many times I've replayed the dream!kiss scene. The soft focus and all the pink, that song, the hint of tears and heartbreak in TK's eyes, DS's soft gazing and the shy averting of eyes. And of course the swooping in for the kiss. Swoon.

I, like many others here believe that it wasn't a dream at all. Like the scene in manga Itazura Na Kiss where Kotoko thought she was dreaming, but it was real - Naoki actually kissed her while she was sleeping.

Anyway, in ep 18 when DS was told to sleep in TK's room she replied: "You don't want me to get married?", but she has already spent (some part of) the night in TK's room that kiss episode! I guess it doesn't matter when she's going to get married with TK anyway :heart:

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, nearsea said:

@salz I am also waiting for this drama to end lol.[Just trying to say it out loud,so it makes the withdrawal syndromes less harder =/].Considering  I was working from home for a while,this drama totally ruined the whole process for me lol.I've been on this *thread for two weeks[Nope,more]? maybe on and off =S.[Things we do for kdrama].This drama would stay dear to my heart and this being a kdrama that I am so satisfied with in months/year maybe..makes the dose of happiness double.Add to that all the wonderful 'remarks,analyses and photo montage' we get here from the special work force team lol.Can'tieve this is the finale time and reply does not air next week =[[.Gonna miss the show and all of you brilliant,terrific girls from this thread.A lot.

haha yeah i hate when im being too obsessed over a drama and feel the need to refresh and checking every minute..even my phone quota can't stand it XD i have mix feeling part of me glad all the drama and question gonna end while part of me already missing the casts and all the character we already learnt to love..

but im glad to have this thread it keep me sane while waiting or sometime crazier reading all the theories and imagining things..im happy we have lot of smarties and csi here directing us into the right path..if im alone i might overthink the worst lol.i don't contribute anything but still feel glad to be part of the awesome Taeken or whatever nickname have been made lol

Taek last expression definitely a surprise over something DS said..he might be preparing for the worse that he is getting rejected with DS saying they are friend thinking there no hope but end up listening to her confession and their feeling is mutual then the rest is history XD

haha yeah Sung sister ftw driving the brothers crazy over them

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, st4rdust said:

Have no fear my dearies!! 

I don't think its rejection!! 

Pls watch the gif.... 

He starts off looking dejected.... but whatever she says.... surprised him very much...

The Sung sisters, even they confess is the same.... driving the Choi boys mad hahahahahaha ♥ 

Remember how Bora was making Sunwoo quite depressed when she started off her speech?? 

I think his surprised face is about to break into a smile! There's that little glint in his eyes and I feel like the corners of his mouth are pulling up!

Edited by pixiemoondust
  • Like 5

Hi Guys!

Before I sleep, I will need to just give my thoughts about this ship. 

If in any case that Taek is not the husband and DS ends up with another guy, I AM 100% sure that he will never ever fall in love with another girl ever again. Or it will never work out with anyone. It's either he will bore his new girl to the brink of divorce or he will just live his life alone. Because that is how Taek is. He is only comfortable with people he has known. And that is how DS entered his heart. But again in any case, if this happens, I would be really sad for him. 

If in any case Deok Sun ended up with another man, well she really has a bright personality. That is why we adore her. She will be fine with ANYBODY as long as she is in love with the guy. She has to choose someone. If that someone is not Taek, I can still imagine Taek comforting her when DS and her husband fight. When DS had her baby, Taek will be there to carry and welcome the baby into the world. Or if DS and the husband are busy and their kid needs a babysitter or someone to pick him/her up from school, Taek can take their place.

I can still imagine Taek just being there with his one-sided love. Because that's how he is. (UGH DO YOU GUYS KNOW SNAPE FROM HARRY POTTER)

I find this beautiful as well.. because I know his love is pure and honest and unconditional. True love needs no reciprocation. 

(BUT I WILL OBVIOUSLY CRY FOR X DAYS BECAUSE I KNOW PARK BO GUM WILL PORTRAY THAT VERY WELL)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, salz said:

Taek last expression definitely a surprise over something DS said..he might be preparing for the worse that he is getting rejected with DS saying they are friend thinking there no hope but end up listening to her confession and their feeling is mutual then the rest is history XD

Hahah yeah after all we got the lesson on the baduk etiquette and low expectation from TK himself right..lol.So it's no wonder that he has no hope.And he's not supposed to know in the first place that DS likes him.

All the mentions of the word "friend" here is making me a bit suspicious.Writer knows very well that right now they're quite opposite of being friends,lol,tk-ds.So,to ward off the tension/uneasy vibe between them,ds keeps mentioning that they're friends.First to her friend,the flight attendant and then to tk.Because she knows very well that she can't see him as friends anymore,that's why it's like she's trying to assure herself that they're nothing but friends.She's  very confused all the time,after all.Just look at that scene just after deok sun met the boys at the library,on ep 17,she's making up crazy theories on  her own.'He must be busy.Am I a nobody to him? Yeah,that's what I am.A fool'.And this being a girl who rigorously went after the boys because she wanted to have a bf lol.So,when she's very calmly answering her friend that tk is nothing more than a friend.Some thing seems totally off.All those times her feelings have been superficial,but her actions have been quite opposite.Now when her feeling is quite genuine she stays mum.Is not that speaking volume here?

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, brose_stv said:

@SongMira

It's not official, and it's just speculation from a fan (an angry one).

Translation: In the episode 19 preview that was just released, there is a scene in which it appears that DS rejects Taek. So it appears that Taek is the husband... These freaking bastards continue to bait us even when the drama is ending.

So, yeah, definitely not official.

Yeah,I am very good at Korean,and after reading it I was in shock,I was hoping she didnt copy it from offical pages) Dahengieyo! Thanks anyway for confirming it. :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, nearsea said:

Hahah yeah after all we got the lesson on the baduk etiquette and low expectation from TK himself right..lol.So it's no wonder that he has no hope.And he's not supposed to know in the first place that DS likes him.

All the mentions of the word "friend" here is making me a bit suspicious.Writer knows very well that right now they're quite opposite of being friends,lol,tk-ds.So,to ward off the tension/uneasy vibe between them,ds keeps mentioning that they're friends.First to her friend,the flight attendant and then to tk.Because she knows very well that she can't see him as friends anymore,that's why it's like she's trying to assuring herself that they're nothing but friends.She'sy confused all the time,after all.Just look at that scene just after deok sun met the boys at the library,on ep 17,she's making up crazy theories on  her own.'He must be busy.Am I a nobody to him? Yeah,that's what I am.A fool'.And this being a girl who rigorously went after the boys because she wanted to have a bf lol.So,when she's very calmly answering her friend that tk is nothing more than a friend.Some thing seems totally off.All those times her feelings have been superficial,but her actions have been quite opposite.Now when her feeling is quite genuine she stays mum.Is not that speaking volume here?

yeah the stronger and more genuine her feeling the harder for her to admit or show it for fear of losing him not just as friend but from her life...

when she like SW&JH she always try her best to show her affection at them, even faking her leg hurt to get JH to hold her..

but with TK it different she keep over think this and that and what is she to him because it the real deal..she even hesitated when he try to piggyback her maybe because of DR comment she too heavy she don't want the person she like think that way too?

she can go back as friend with SW&JH after misunderstanding over even there awkward moment but they still able to back to normal..

but if it fail with TK can they be friend anymore if she have feeling for him but he doesn't so maybe that why she choose to have one-sided love at him in silent only thinking he don't see her the same way and try to forget him through dating..like someone say during the con probably she also taking that 1% he would come running to her if she matter to him..

i need flashback what happen after the con since she seem to keep waiting for him

• Like 17