Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

I skimmed through Sassy GoGo just for Eunji, too but I think she's getting stereotyped into that kind of role. 

I liked Eunjj's character but now that I've seen R88, I like DS better.

I rather enjoyed Sassy Go Go. Eunji is fun. I've rated it 8/10 but if you only skimmed through it, go watch it for real (and not read my review as it contains spoilers). I was seriously gripped by it and finished it in 2 days.

Yes, Hyeri is a better actress, but consider R97 was Eunji's first K-Drama (I'm ignoring whatever Hyeri didn't do before R88 :P ) 

1 hour ago, phikyl said:

I'm behind on Supernatural; got sidetracked by K-dramas so my American/British shows have fallen by the wayside. :phew: It's all about Dean, Castiel and Death:D ***Season 5 spoiler blacked out***

You're way behind lol :D 

1 hour ago, bebe1989 said:

@packmule3 i think Only REPLY/ANSWER ME SERIES got successed on korean production drama, each series got more attention and excitement from viewers.

other drama just failed after second season: Ex: Iris 2, full house 2, Princess hour 2, dream high 2. :D

Dream High 2 had SISTAR's Hyorin in it. Damn. And Ailee. Damn twice. That was some powerfull singing. For the rest, meh. Not good at all.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

You're way behind lol

Oh, S5 isn't where I stopped. I'm somewhere in S8 or 9. Still way behind but not 6 seasons behind. Lol! That just happens to be a spoiler I accidentally gave away to one of my friends who watches the show and he got on my case about it. Castiel is from S1 or 2 though. Early early on so I'm less hesitant to talk about him than the whole 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse thing. 

Eunji is also in Trot Lovers but I've never seen it so I don't know if it's any good. I've heard her acting there is pretty good though. I also enjoyed Sassy. It was cute; not too deep but not too shallow either. Exactly what I'd expect from a high school rom-com. I just loved the way they dealt with the love triangle in that though. Some drama adults should take note. ;)

@packmule3 some ppl hate lee soo jin always has grumpy side (included lazy witty bum like you said) While i thought he is funny person. :D

@CamelKnight the cast was great, probably the story line wasnt really good :D

@phikyl i watch alot korean drama, my priority was popular,beauty,talented for actor actresses. :D 

(Just ask me if anyone want to watch good drama. I have long list for that. Note: i dont really watch family drama with long eps Hahaha but i watch some of them)

Adults drama (especially Makjang) always kill each other in love triangle. (Because their were on different level). But IN REALITY High school students did "extreme action for love triangle, or some case  like bully, and threat from seniors/the strong one" 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phikyl said:

Oh, S5 isn't where I stopped. I'm somewhere in S8 or 9. Still way behind but not 6 seasons behind. Lol! That just happens to be a spoiler I accidentally gave away to one of my friends who watches the show and he got on my case about it. Castiel is from S1 or 2 though. Early early on so I'm less hesitant to talk about him than the whole 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse thing. 

Eunji is also in Trot Lovers but I've never seen it so I don't know if it's any good. I've heard her acting there is pretty good though. I also enjoyed Sassy. It was cute; not too deep but not too shallow either. Exactly what I'd expect from a high school rom-com. I just loved the way they dealt with the love triangle in that though. Some drama adults should take note. ;)

Oh I could spoil so much for you on Supernatural but I won't :)

About Sassy Go Go. Don't read the spoiler if you haven't seen it yet. I've warned you. Also if you've skimmed it like @packmule3 don't go there. Don't click it. I know it's tempting but you'll lose such a major part of the drama if you open it. Just don't. Watch it instead, it's 12 episodes. You can do it. You've got the time.

Spoiler

I thought the stuff surrounding the suicide attempt was done incredibly well in Sassy Go Go. How her friends came to her aid when she was in the hospital recovering was really moving for me. It was the main reason for me rating it so high. I was SO shocked... Everything was friendly and cuddly and suddenly BAM... :o 

1 hour ago, bebe1989 said:

@CamelKnight the cast was great, probably the story line wasnt really good :D

Did you mean Sassy Go Go or Reply 1997? Though thinking back I guess that's the case for both drama's. Both have some strong points in the storyline but both could've done better had they had a better story like R88.

• Like 1

@CamelKnight Yes, please don't spoil Supernatural for me. Lol! I actually really enjoyed that show, I just got too caught up in K-dramas and the one season for a full story thing that they do. So I ended up behind on the only 3 English shows I really watch. 

As for Sassy Go Go.... [Insert Camelknight's spoiler tag "don't go there" bit here]

Spoiler

I did think that they way they handled both the suicide and the child abuse was very well done. They managed to incorporate it in a way that enhanced the show rather than taking away from it and still kept the mostly lighthearted flow.

The one thing I didn't like was how fast the redemption seemed for her. It was almost literally: one minute she's the enemy, the next she's a good friend. I get that it was Yeon Do's way of dealing with things that gave Soo Ah that easy redemption but I wanted to see a bit more remorse on her part. The suicide attempt shouldn't have completely taken away any punishment she should receive for the things she did before but it was a good way for the rest of the kids to see just how much pressure she was under.  

I still think for the amount of time spent putting the show together, R97 was really good. The only installment that I think doesn't live up to expectations is R94. Of course, R88 is hands down the best. No arguments there. Lol!

15 hours ago, packmule3 said:

But were their variety shows like Grandpas over Flowers and Youth Over Flowers, and Three Meals a Day successful, too?  Lee Seo Jin fascinates me so I've heard of these variety shows. He's the kind of lazy witty bum that grown women find appealing to rehabilitate. lol. 

Darling, you know nothing about this man. 

• Like 1

I actually really liked that Bora didn't tell SW that she was in the countryside to drop off his mom. She did the good deed but she's not looking to get credit for it. It's this side of her that I really enjoy watching. 

2 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I actually really liked that Bora didn't tell SW that she was in the countryside to drop off his mom. She did the good deed but she's not looking to get credit for it. It's this side of her that I really enjoy watching. 

I forgot about that. Good point.

She wasn't looking for brownie points with him -- but then why would she? She didn't seem to care about other people's opinions about her. 

I liked the way she rejected SW here. She was upfront about having a boyfriend already, and not seeing him as a MAN. But I also liked the way SW handled the rejection. He didn't flinch or hit her back. 

Or said,  "hahaha. Just joking!!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

She wasn't looking for brownie points with him -- but then why would she? She didn't seem to care about other people's opinions about her.

She wasn't looking for brownie points from anyone there. She even told the adults that she couldn't drop SW's mom off because she was going to a friends house, but then she ended up waiting outside by her car until SW's mom came out to leave. 

Haha! All of us so rankled here about the JH confession...

@tiendoank iirc, we see DS's paper later on says JH which leaves JH as having TK. 

4 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

Neo Eulie and his constant respect to Future Brother in-law

90 degree bow when The Master left..

You're here!!!

Yes, I like the way NE was always in awe of his future BiL.

Which makes the Adult TY's comment about being unable to speak informally to NE till years later after his marriage to DS, also funny. They mutually respected each other. lol. 

This also highlighted how NE regarded JH. He refused to deliver the gloves and he called JH crazy. lol.  

• Like 4