Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

1 hour ago, babyviolets said:

It's interesting how both JJS and PBG have the same background and pose in your siggy...kkk

Also, it's my pleasure to join the rewatch.  I'm not sure if I can bring anything new into the discussion as I'm pretty sure anything I have to say have already been discussed before.  Still, I'll do my best to somehow introduce my own perspective of the story and its development.

Oh, and in case you haven't figured it out, I'm quoting you so you'll be compelled to reply to me again so I'll get another chance to see your siggy!lol

My siggy was taken down, I had to adjust, it seems that it exceeded the size limitations... hehehehe...

It was just a coincidence that PBG and JJS got the same background, can't find a pic of PBG with white background so I made it like that... I'm a sucker for balance... hahahahaha...

@tiendoank I love your poem!!! More!!! hahahahaha... So demanding... hahahaha!!!

I really hope more fanfics/poem will be posted soon... hahahahaha...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Grace1003 said:

@packmule3: As promised, here's one of the gifs you requested

If only they made a scene with PBG shirtless or something like this. I think @hafunohane would probably make that her siggy... hahhahahaha... How I wish to see DS react with a shirtless grown up Taek.

• Like 4

Things I wish was included in the R88 drama.

1. A shirtless Taek

2. An OST sang by PBG

3. A duet from LHR and PBG for an OST

4. More fight scenes between Taek and DS

5. A scene where Taek will be speechless/in awe with DS appearance

6. More interactions between Taek and Dong Il

7. How they told their parents that they're together

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Things I wish was included in the R88 drama.

1. A shirtless Taek

2. An OST sang by PBG

3. A duet from LHR and PBG for an OST

4. More fight scenes between Taek and DS

5. A scene where Taek will be speechless/in awe with DS appearance

6. More interactions between Taek and Dong Il

7. How they told their parents that they're together

hahaha

Wait, more fight scenes?lol This could be something I'd take out from my list, as I find it really refreshing to see a kdrama couple that doesn't bicker as much as others!kkk

Also, I'd like to add in the scene where the gang found out about them dating! It'll be hilarious!kkk

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I am silent reader here from the beginning and because my limitation in english I hesitate to post * am I junghwan? XD* but thank you to @packmule3 who has pm & encouraged me :D. I hope its not too late to join discussion and i want to apologize if my english is hard to understand :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

just my opinion here, for me, i will believe what TVN and hyeri *who has already discussion with PD nim before about the character* said/showed to us. Ep 9 (ds taking care of tk) in that video the title is reply1988 ′내조의 여왕′ 혜리 only for 박보검♥ 151204 EP.9 and according to google trans it mean "reply1988 'Queen of Housewives' hyeli only for bagbogeom 151204 EP.9". lastly, in one of hyeri interview she said that "It was Taek from the beginning" "From the first episode, Duk-Sun's heart belonged to Taek. He distracted her, and she wanted to take care of him. That feeling was love." The full interview can be found on the main thread :)

btw, as for all we know, the song that used in reply 1988 was carefully picked for an important scane, so i was trying to make hardsub every song that include tk&ds important scane and foud another interesting part :w00t:. i will post tomorow after my graduation ceremony.

nice to meet you guys :D:D:D

• Like 12

@enigmatic_zephy that scenes where taeki play baduk outside his room, that crappy dancing from DS.. She still dancing.. Its because she doesnt see choi taek came home, remember where she ask choi taek for ramyum? Isnt that time all gangs realize taek already came home?

Eating cake like child, like she did infront JH.. ds eating with big mouth, and cream all over her lips infront Jh, and ds dont care about her appearance, (NOTE: this act happened after she asking him "can i go to blind date?" Isnt she Should act like Lady in love after that, BuT DS JUST ACT LIKE SHE DOESNT CARE.meanwhile Last night i found jh "like me")

and eating normal with choi taek, If you have times, please rewatch reply 1988.. At the scenes where ds eating infront choi taek..

Note: DONT SAW THE SCENES WHEN DS EATING INFRONT OTHER.. Its different from our topic.. We need to see the different habit ds toward JH and taeki..

and please dont count eating scenes at china on ep 9. She eat like stupid, because taek wasnt arround him..

yesterday i rewatch and saw all the eating scenes..

i rewatch million times reply 1988 .. So i will make clear statement about HOW DS REACT TO THE ONE SHE LOVE. 

I made clear statement too, for you. It seems you saw ds still eating like crap, because she eating with other, not infront taeki..

honestly, most of ppl here, rewatch million times to all scenes. . So they will make clear statement.. Not random act from DS, but more specific and detail. You know other thread telling us too much theory???? That because we watch the scenes million times. .i honestly wanted to tell you,the way you thinking its better to bring that on MT. You seems like neutral shipper..

we born with this thread since arround december.. So we look alike. .this fandom was made for choi taek as ds husband. . Everything about him and ds, always get more and more love..

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, hyuki4ever said:

Hello everyone, I am silent reader here from the beginning and because my limitation in english I hesitate to post * am I junghwan? XD* but thank you to @packmule3 who has pm & encouraged me :D. I hope its not too late to join discussion and i want to apologize if my english is hard to understand :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

just my opinion here, for me, i will believe what TVN and hyeri *who has already discussion with PD nim before about the character* said/showed to us. Ep 9 (ds taking care of tk) in that video the title is reply1988 ′내조의 여왕′ 혜리 only for 박보검♥ 151204 EP.9 and according to google trans it mean "reply1988 'Queen of Housewives' hyeli only for bagbogeom 151204 EP.9". lastly, in one of hyeri interview she said that "It was Taek from the beginning" "From the first episode, Duk-Sun's heart belonged to Taek. He distracted her, and she wanted to take care of him. That feeling was love." The full interview can be found on the main thread :)

btw, as for all we know, the song that used in reply 1988 was carefully picked for an important scane, so i was trying to make hardsub every song that include tk&ds important scane and foud another interesting part :w00t:. i will post tomorow after my graduation ceremony.

Wow! I think you must've read my mind when you posted this, because I was thinking of reposting that same article myself!hahaha

Anyway, for everyone's reference, here is the link to the article hyuki here so kindly mentioned:

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/27/hyeri-explains-why-taek-was-the-husband-in-reply-1988/

I know we all have the freedom to interpret the story however we like.  Still, we should also take into consideration in our interpretation the thoughts of the people who were in the production itself, and who better to know the inner thoughts of DS than the actor who portrayed her. Hyeri, who surely had privy info on her character that may not have been translated on screen, has shared her insights on the development of her character's love line. Note that this is not just a mere opinion from some random person, but a statement from DS herself, and thus can be taken as fact.

However, two people who are looking at the same horizon may still paint different pictures of it. One may see a burst of orange and red, while another may see a subtle marrying of blue and purple hues. One may feel a sense of accomplishment at the signal of another day's end, while another may find relief at the promise of silence that the night brings.  We all see the world differently, depending on our own core values and experiences, and there is no right way to look at the world. In fact, it's not even about who's right or not, but the experience that horizon brings to each of us.  I hope we all take this into consideration the next time someone comes to share a view that's different from ours, not just in this thread but in our daily lives as well.

oh, and welcome to the thread @hyuki4ever !!! lol

• Like 6

8 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

@hushhh I think you didn't read the entire bit..it was in response to someone's quote in their own tone.. The other person asked me..why cutting pork is not wifey duty because JY's father did the same for Mi Ran... and I answered back with the same logic..because more often than not drawing parallels helps to put things in perspective..

I an afraid, I Haven't read your full post... because the opening statements made me think it would be another jump to conclusion post about my POV.. I shall read it and get back to answering your questions in some time

So, if you felt those questions are intriguing..it is to soemone else's credit..

@bebe1989  hmm.. there is one scene where in he definitely closes the door and chooses to sit outside playing baduk..

SHe always eats like that....and we have seen that there is no reason to suggest she doesn't do so in front of CT - china (hogging), they are always eating in taek's house...come to think of it..i haven't seen her eat normally anywhere except for 24 yr old DS

hey there chinggu, hope you finish reading all the posts since those are in reply to your posts. :)

anyways, after rewatching the full series twice, i do realize that DS had never been in love with JH. the reply people are masters of trolls so most viewers always end up imposing their fluttered hearts on their favored character. this happened to me in reply 1994 so in 1988, i avoided all analysis until i finished my second watch.

Taek is the most mature among all the four boys. He understands clearly the world of adults - a single father's need of companionship, a mother's worry towards her sick child, a grieving son who just lost a mother, etc. and these have been clearly shown in the series. 

if a viewer can't see this, perhaps a rewatch is a must. 

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, hyuki4ever said:

Congratulations!! I didn’t you know you were graduating tomorrow. This must be an exciting and emotional time for you.  All the best wishes for you, @hyuki4ever. Fighting!

Thank you for bringing up that YT video. I’ll post it here for you.  Did you mean this one?  It was posted by tvN itself. 

Yes, that looks very interesting that they wrote down in English “ONLY FOR” and put a heart in there.  

I think it’s been mentioned here by other ladies, @bebe1989? @Grace1003? that it was highly unlikely that the production team and the lead actors themselves didn’t know who the OTP would be, from the start. I'd consider this title to be another one of their “insider’s jokes,” meant to be discovered AFTER the show’s end…like the wedding parodies in Episode 2 and Episode 11, and the joke about the romance books that Hyeri was reading. [The titles of the books fit the characters.] 

I don’t frequent the R88 Main Thread anymore. After the second shutdown, I decided to stay out of it since the JH/BS/Gaeddeok shippers wanted it so badly enough to keep the Taectanic people out of it. They can keep it afloat if they want to…but I guess they don't want to because they’re lurking here in our thread. 

If you have time -- no rush – please post here that Hyeri’s article you’re talking about. I think I must have missed it. :D  

I’m glad you posted here. I know @phikyl would be happy to know that you’re also meoki [did I spell that correctly?]  from Taeksroom. You really shouldn’t allow English to be a barrier.  You did well.  WE can understand you well. I like that JOKE you did about hesitating to post here so you're JH. hahaha. 

As I’ve told you in PM, DS didn’t let the language difference bar her from speaking up on behalf of TK. You shouldn’t too. 

tumblr_o4r7dm1bGK1tulljko2_540.gif

tumblr_o4r7dm1bGK1tulljko1_540.gif

credit: @kepogee

Have fun tomorrow!!! And don’t trip on your toga, dear!! lol. 

whoops, edit. Since @babyviolets already posted it. Thanks, BV!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/27/hyeri-explains-why-taek-was-the-husband-in-reply-1988/

• Like 9

1 hour ago, hyuki4ever said:

Hi! Welcome to our thread. No worries with your limited english. Being a Suntaek shippers makes us very good at reading between the lines. Hehehehe... Hope you have fun in joining us. By the way, Congratulations on your graduation!!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Hi! Welcome to our thread. No worries with your limited english. Being a Suntaek shippers makes us very good at reading between the lines. Hehehehe... Hope you have fun in joining us. By the way, Congratulations on your graduation!!!

OMG! How could I have missed out that part where she was graduating tomorrow!lol  I think I was too excited at the mention of the article that I totally forgot to read the rest of her post!hahaha

Anyway, congrats on graduating @hyuki4ever!  Looking forward to your fanvid! kkk

• Like 4

Just want to just put it here. Thanks to @babyviolets, @packmule3 and @hyuki4ever for reminding us of this article.

"To Hyeri, this is why Taek was the one who was supposed to be her husband from the beginning. “Taek’s start was different from Sun Woo’s and Jung Hwan’s. Duk Sun did not know Taek liked her. Still, Taek was on her mind. ‘Why isn’t he dressed properly for the cold weather?’ ‘Why can’t he sleep?’ She worried about him. I think they were feelings Duk Sun was not conscious off. She wanted to take care of him and he kept on appearing in her thoughts and bothering her. Because she had never experienced love, she didn’t know that she liked Taek,” explained Hyeri."

Case closed. DS loved Taekie from the beginning of time.

@babyviolets I've posted twice in a row. You can stare at them for all you want... hahahahaha... And I'm adding in the spoiler the fanart I've made in the YTBLSS... Hehehehe... memories...

Spoiler

soonshin_zps5adf7e62.jpg

• Like 9

on motherly love, i am happily married and there are times when my husband becomes my eldest child lol! and yeah to be fair, there are many instances i am also like his child. that's the kind of love that is deeply rooted and i hope will last till we're both too old to hug or kiss or you know... lol! 

so you should be happy if your crush is motherly or fatherly to you. seriously. and run, if he's making you feel bad about yourself.

because of these views, R88 has become my most favorite drama. it's the most real story ever in kdramaland. and DSxTK is my ideal OTP. I dont know if i can consider myself a shipper but since this OTP is my favorite, I hang out on this thread because i want to know more about them. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, koreanlite said:

on motherly love, i am happily married and there are times when my husband becomes my eldest child lol! and yeah to be fair, there are many instances i am also like his child. that's the kind of love that is deeply rooted and i hope will last till we're both too old to hug or kiss or you know... lol!

so you should be happy if your crush is motherly or fatherly to you. seriously. and run, if he's making you feel bad about yourself.

because of these views, R88 has become my most favorite drama. it's the most real story ever in kdramaland.  

Heehehehehe... I remember telling my friends that I have 3 kids. The eldest is my husband, the 2nd is my daughter and 3rd is my son. Hahahaha... I am honestly having a hard time finding a new drama to love. R88 ruined me... hehehehe

• Like 3

7 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I know @phikyl would be happy to know that you’re also meoki [did I spell that correctly?]  from Taeksroom. You really shouldn’t allow English to be a barrier.  You did well.  WE can understand you well. I like that JOKE you did about hesitating to post here so you're JH. hahaha. 

@hyuki4ever + 1 Million likes! Post more, post more! Also, congratulations on your graduation! 

@enigmatic_zephy The reason people are getting so riled up in response to your posts is that you do come across as someone who is not a strong supporter of DS/TK. Most people who have been replying to you have many previous posts with screenshots, video clips, script analysis, etc as evidence backing up their point of view. Differing points of view are welcomed but we want evidence to back it up. For instance you said earlier that you believe DS was crushing on SW and JH at certain points. I disagree and have evidence. 

From when she was supposed to be crushing on SW:

Spoiler

0302_zpsyk8ycxdt.png

That doesn't look like the face of someone in love to me. 

0303_zps4w9upabu.png

Nor does this. This is after the tteokbokki restaurant scene, when she's thinking about what her friends said to her

ep%203%20ds%20sw%20boyfriend_zpsg7qaaa7w

That's someone with a crush on SW? I don't know about anyone else but if I had just heard that my crush liked me, I'd be over the moon. I'd be grinning from ear to ear and bouncing in my seat, not looking as though I was about to be sick.

0304_zpsmabvgyik.png

When SW comes to get DS [Geisha makeup] this is her expression. She doesn't look thrilled at all that he's there. Her makeup in this looks pretty so I don't believe that she was worried about not looking good for SW. DS is a pretty girl, who knows how to put on makeup. In my opinion, this scene was to show that she wasn't trying to be attractive to SW but rather the opposite; she wanted him to stop thinking she was attractive. 

From when she's supposed to be crushing on JH:

Spoiler

1_zps6wdwbmb3.jpg

Apologies, I have more evidence in my head for this part but this is the only screenshot I have ready at the moment. In this scene, her friends are congratulating her again about JH liking her but she is insisting that he's just a friend. It's just her and her friends here; the town gossip wasn't there and Bora had left when they came in the house so why would she need to continue the facade of JH just being a friend?

@cooleet I'm going to try to make it for the rewatch [timezone differences kill me] but I can't guarantee it. Work schedule this week is bad for waking up early. My siggy was also taken down [probably for size limits]. I wish they'd be more specific about the limits. It just says 4 lines of text, 2 pictures. A stated vertical pixel limit would be nice so we know exactly how much to adjust signatures to keep them up. :(

12 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Just want to just put it here. Thanks to @babyviolets, @packmule3 and @hyuki4ever for reminding us of this article.

"To Hyeri, this is why Taek was the one who was supposed to be her husband from the beginning. “Taek’s start was different from Sun Woo’s and Jung Hwan’s. Duk Sun did not know Taek liked her. Still, Taek was on her mind. ‘Why isn’t he dressed properly for the cold weather?’ ‘Why can’t he sleep?’ She worried about him. I think they were feelings Duk Sun was not conscious off. She wanted to take care of him and he kept on appearing in her thoughts and bothering her. Because she had never experienced love, she didn’t know that she liked Taek,” explained Hyeri."

Case closed. DS loved Taekie from the beginning of time.

@babyviolets I've posted twice in a row. You can stare at them for all you want... hahahahaha... And I'm adding in the spoiler the fanart I've made in the YTBLSS... Hehehehe... memories...

Hide contents

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

you defo know the ways to please this fangirl @cooleet!kkk

Also, I had nooo idea this fanart was from you! A belated thank you! I love it!

Lastly, I don't know why, but when you said DS loved Taekkie from the beginning of time, it sounded really funny to me--or maybe I was just really happy at the thought!wahaha

• Like 5