Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

1 hour ago, __jesse said:

If you remember, we saw DS peering into the fridge. The fact that Shin PD had specially set up two cameras inside the fridge for this DS found the juice immediately, but she mumbled to herself, “Where is it?” The chocolate bar she had left in the fridge was missing. She looked around and found the other chocolate bar - the one that belonged to JB. She then proceeded to sneak JB’s chocolate bar into SW’s bag.

So, when JH told DS not to eat JB’s sausage in the fridge, the writer was actually referring to JB’s chocolate in the fridge.

<truncated>

There. Any thoughts, ladies?

@__jesse This reminds me of that cassette-tapes-on-the-fridge swap debacle that ruined Ra Miran's audition. Recalling from a faulty memory, was the other tape for egg-vendor?

On egg, when the gang had their ramyun "Kim-house" style in episode 8, the boys picked out sausages (*blush*) and raddish(?) while DS picked whole-egg (*double-blush* naughty PD).  

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

. I think Sun-Woo is too nice and therefore too boring.

LOL she's funny though. I don't agree with everything, but your translation makes is appear more lighthearted than others... thanks so much. 

I also agree everyone was really immersed into their roles. One thing though, with Taek I feel people don't get him. YES, he needed care, but Taek was a child in an adult's world and I do not think any of the other four could have handled things like him. He was the most mature/adult of them all. People also don't seem to get he acted needy at times because he liked DS so much. The guy could also learn to do things by himself eventually. By 1994, he wasn't someone who needed constant help with everything.  He never really was anyway. He had help in his travels, but he also could do things on his own fine as well.  His strengths lie elsewhere tbh.  He doesn't have to know everything about life, if he's able to treat his girl with so much love and respect.  

• Like 14

1 hour ago, st4rdust said:

The night of Saturday 3/11/1989 was when DR and DS had that conversation in the stairwell, during which Ancestor told her to figure out her own heart.

Please excuse the side bar here, but this is a major pet peeve of mine and the reason why I HATE the English subs on Dramafever.  :angry:  In the scene above, DS does not refer to DR as "Ancestor" as translated in Dramafever.  She calls him "도사님" which means "guru" or "sage."  Watching the Dramafever subs makes me very ornery because not only are the translations most often incomplete, oftentimes they are simply WRONG.  This makes me mad because accurate translations are important in this drama to ensure that you don't miss important points and clues in addition to providing context.

*rant over*

• Like 17

I am sharing this article on soompi's main page: SOURCE

Hyeri Reveals How Her Father Reacted After Seeing Her Kiss Scene With Park Bo Gum

Girl’s Day‘s Hyeri revealed what happened when her dad saw her kiss scene with actor Park Bo Gum in “Reply 1988.”

On January 28, news outlet Sports Joseon posted an interview it did with Hyeri. In the interview, the star talked about how her father reacted when he saw the kiss scene.

Hyeri started off saying, “My father seems to be okay with everything except the kiss scene with Taek (Park Bo Gum).”

hyeri park bo gum reply 1988

She continued, “My dad saw the scene where Taek kisses Dukseon in the hotel in China and started bawling because he was so surprised. My dad said, ‘Aigoo’ while crying. It was funny yet a bit sad seeing him react like that.”

Hyeri added that she couldn’t call her father much afterwards because she was so embarrassed.

Source (1)

Awwwww Lee papa.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

Ep.9

1989/01/04 - Braised ribs / Taek’s dad’s friend collapses

1/11 - Starry Night Jam concert

1/14 - Taek eats dinner at DS’s house / news about foreclosure auction of SunWoo’s house

1/15 - Taek’s dad collapses

1/18 - DS arrives in China

1/19 - Baduk Asia 1st round on TV

1/20 - 2nd round / Ni-Ko-Taek Discovery (???) / SunTaek photo / SunBora meet at Pa-Ju / Sun-Young and Moo-Sung (SW’s mom and Taek’s Dad)

I think Ni-ko-Taek is Nicotin + Taek i.e. the discovery that Taek smokes :lol:

• Like 7

Okay, let's start @aleen1412.

6 minutes ago, aleen1412 said:

@packmule3 reporting in!

I love the opening scene. Little did we know that this camcorder would shoot an important scene later on. lol.  Foreshadowing. And as I said, chekov's gun.  

Such a troll, director. Kim Jong Bung wasn’t there because he was at the arcades.

@hafunohane! I see the Olympic mascot on JB's table. 

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

ha caught yea @packmule3

lols

have fun watching :) 

This lady, everyone, is my longest BFF here in soompi. Angelangie, I know that you know that I know. or is it: You know that I know that You know. 

See you later, Capitan! 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, st4rdust said:

let's dramaaa~ hehehe

Episode 2 - interesting how DS asks each of JH and SW how she looks in her "new jacket" yet doesn't ask Taek how she looks.  Also, do you notice how Taek's eyes stay on DS' face even while he is drinking his milk?

• Like 14

Bring on the waterworks... TnT

So the title : One thing you misunderstood about me

- misunderstand her dad's sorrow?

- adults misunderstanding Taek's state of mind? I can't say maturity right? becos he is mature, even if he does miss his mum everyday... 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, aleen1412 said:

I love this man and his love of documenting his family. Voice recording on cassette tapes and now video.

Yes, I so empathize with him. But look at the reaction he got. 

Really NOTHING from JB. 

Door slammed on his face from JH (if he were my son.. tsk. tsk. tsk...just shaking my head). And did you notice how the dad introduced him as his "lookalike"? mwahahaha. >,<

And from his cheetah and jaguar, a direct hit. That must have hurt. 

Poor guy. 

• Like 7