[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

2 minutes ago, MrsRyu said:

Guys can you find Lee Woo Jung phone number for me? I will stalker her like Si Won omma do :angry:

count me in!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, papulichan said:

I wonder why are they showing JH flashback so early on..... Wasn't PD-nim saying how the last episode will be the OTP flashbacks.... then why JH so soon... why are the covering his back story w.r.t. DS so early on.....my stomach is all in knots and I'm on verge of crying....

i believe the flashback is about the husband AND deoksun. how deoksun actually feels the same since long time ago. and this flashback is from junghwan's pov. to tell us that he likes her. he notices her far before the alley.

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, purple31 said:

Someone in main thread said that people who interviewing adult DS is the same people who interviewing TK in episode 16? But i think come on that's already like 20 years or more.... The people who interviewing TK in episode 16 already like an ahjussi.... In 2015/2016 i think he's already so old.... 

I hope the proposal scene.... Already done by junghwan when he pick up deoksun to meet with DR and SW, but they doesn't want DR and SW know about that first so JH lied to DR and SW tell them it's only a joke... But in reality JH and DS already become a couple...

argh what am i talking about... I'm stressed saw tonight episode

omooo chinguya I like this scenario.. they're actually already a couple from the previous car scene (will explain later in the flashback) and they just want to troll their friends kekeke.. and when they're going home they'll dying of laugh because of SW and DR expression..

well, like so many of us said, a girl can dream right :phew:

• Like 8

Just realized something:

1. Even Jung Bong and Mi Ok had to separate to reunite again in the future

2. The same thing happened to Bo Ra and Seon Woo, before in today's episode BR confessed that she's been missing him as richard simmons. I guess they got back together cause the next day SW was smiling after he got up. BR also had a really cheery expression as soon as she got up.

3. Conclusion: DS and JH have to somehow separate first (I guess it's after the confession tragedy) to then get together.

So, isn't it a bit off that TK is the husband? TK isn't the husband because he doesn't even have to part ways or at least say goodbye to DS, whom he loves. Come on, writer nim, you told JH to narrate that it's all about timing, right? of course it is, because the right timing for JH to get together with DS isn't now, but later on. JH is definitely gonna date so many girls after his confession to DS to "move on" but he realized he just can't. And so they will get together. 

• Like 14

hey guys! i'm not a very active poster on this thread or anything but i posted slightly inaccurate translations once in a while lurking the rest of my time here. your posts were all very insightful, humorous and exactly what i needed the days the drama didn't air. i can't remember obsessing over a drama this much since fated to love you (the k version) aired awhile back. i forgot how much i missed freaking out with people who felt the same way i did, staying up late to watch live streams of the drama and coming here to spaz when it didn't go the i wanted it to.

as far as who the husband will be in the end i still think it's jung hwan and even with all the cute taek/deok sun moments the writers are giving us i really do think there is no possibility they will end up getting married. i keep having r97 and r94 flashbacks and they did the exact same things in the pre finale week episodes with the future husband as they did with jung hwan this week. i wouldn't have minded if they told the story in a way it made sense but at this point i have no idea how the writer would turn the narrative around and make tkxds believable (kudos to them if they can somehow manage tho). i mean making jung hwan have a huge crush on lee mi yeon, getting the actress to play the grown up version of deok sun and not having the two end up together is really cruel in my opinion lmao. i really hope we get to see jh and ds actually get together and not just some rushed version of them dating and getting married. ofc if jh isn't endgame that's a totally different story but i really don't want to think that's a possibility right now lol. 

do you guys have anything specific you want to see by the end of the series? i remember reading a post about this a while back but after this episode i think i need to read multiple possible scenarios to stop my heart from hurting so much haha.

personally ever since i read the spoiler (that turned out untrue but whatever) about a kiss scene at the airport between jh and ds i can't stop thinking about it. even if it's just a scene of a normal work day and not a part of a big dramatic confession or whatever i really want to see it happen.

(sorry if this is a long post i have so many feelings rn and i need to get them out before i watch the full episode later today)

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Adwina Oltariani said:

Just had to repost this scene.. THIS IS TOO FUNNY, It cracked me up :D:D:D

I could relate to No Eul, though. He must have been shocked to see Junghwan behaving this way :D

Wonder if No Eul reveal his thoughts on JH's behaviour to DS when he sees how frantically JH is.. he even kick his butt off in order to help him deliver the gift . LOL. But he did said it softly, JH must be crazy and DS feels surprised, isn't it.. 

how come no one is suspecting JJ might be TK's wife XD.. cuz in real life that baduk player is married with a young wife..

• Like 8

Because this ep is so much from JH POV, i really can feel his pain while watching it live stream. It feels so real, that i don't even realize it's just fictional (not until my mom n my bf staring me like a crazy person - Yes they're watching me going crazy because a drama :vicx:). I'm sooooo mad at the end of the episode because the writer makes JH sooo miserable.

But after see all your post here (many thanks - virtual hugggg :wub:) and watching it again (just JH part), it's not as painful.

But i hope in the last two episodes we can see JH happy though. After a long angst and pain, he totally deserve it. Please writernim.

Note: JH and his jeep is love. Totally super love the scene with him and his jeep. RJY is so damn hot OMG. I'm never felt this much before over an actor. Tsk.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, papulichan said:

I wonder why are they showing JH flashback so early on..... Wasn't PD-nim saying how the last episode will be the OTP flashbacks.... then why JH so soon... why are the covering his back story w.r.t. DS so early on.....my stomach is all in knots and I'm on verge of crying....

Omg... My hope is going down again... :(((

Or maybe... They will show it from deoksun point of view? Because that is what we have been waiting, to know her true feelings, no?

• Like 3

HELLO!! 

I follow this thread for the 3 weeks...but I didn't have got account because of my english.. english is not my main language and I'm not good at in english..Im sorry:sweatingbullets:

First, i believe JH is end game.. and this comment about why JH is end game...

1. i think evertbody heard this..its about chekhov's book '' Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there.''

junghwan never forget about shirt and I dont think shirt only used for the JH's feelings. we will see shirt in another ep

2.Old deoksun and future husband talked about 1988 and 1989 college music festival. and deoksun said 'we saw it on TV' and hubby denied, deoksun said 'he isnt remember..ahh he was clever in old days'  what is it mean?   she is talking about he remembered kind of this at many years ago... and we know Taek is not good at remember 

3.THIS IS BEST 

RA MI RAN IS PREGNANT!!!!!! she keeped looking calenders when kim sajang and JB is watching tv 

in REPLY 1994 na jeong has got a little bro....

4. in other reply series male lead and female lead separated from  each other....but in R88 same thing happened for JH and Taek...I think nonsense....

5.in today's ep future hubby and deoksun talk about manhwa (korean comics) and we know JH READ MANHWA(exp. when DS dance in taek's room and JH laugh so hard, there is a manhwa in his hand)  and taek didnt have got any own manhwa in his room....

ok we'll think taek changed and he bickering with his wife but he start to read manhwa.... it doesnt make sense I'm sorry this is wrong writer-nim.....

ım sorry because of my english...

and chukkae uri cheetah.. 

• Like 21

13 minutes ago, noname noname said:

Just wondering why the ring was left in the table and the camera focus on it. Does it mean JH decided to left or say good bye to DS *the one who he wants to give the ring to*

Might be, in the next ep with DS POV, we can get flashback scene, where DS came back to the resto and picked the ring? Which means she picked up the feeling that has been abandoned by JH...

I hope it happen, it will become another beautiful scene, for sure...

i have a great feeling pd want to show us how ugly the ring was and how it's really remind us of trash's choice. so i hope they will show a flashback of trash helped junghwan to pick a ring for deoksun. lol just the thought of it makes me smile because these guys doesn't have a sense on things like this

• Like 7

Also guys look at the end credits and what not

Why would the play a montage of Jung Hwan and DS scenes and also show us that JH truly liked her from the start and was not kidding like he said he was in his confession? 

I think its a way for the makers to say that these two have too much between them for their ship to sink

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, airasara said:

Omg... My hope is going down again... :(((

Or maybe... They will show it from deoksun point of view? Because that is what we have been waiting, to know her true feelings, no?

I hope so too chingu.... Hwaiting !!!!

• Like 4

Can I make a wish?

I hope ds will think about jh confession carefully. He remember all their memories even after 5years. He told her everything, what he hv done to her. only deoksun will know his true heart after all. Only if Ds realize all his action to her back then..

I want ds ask jh again bout the confession, ask if he really said the truth, that he trully love her.

• Like 17

Today really felt like WORLD CUP quarter finals.

Ep 19 Semi Finals

Ep 20 The BIG GAME

Cant stop sighin aigoooya...I am exhausted from the thinking and re thinking and reading and thinking some more.

One more thing

I like Taek and everything but really if he wanted to back out from the game then shouldn't he just mind his own business now?? Why do you care about DS. Why can't you let her be? Why can't you let JH make the move? I mean you had 6 years dude. 6 years dude..like wtflip? You are getting on my nerves. How long does it take to consider ones feelings? When JH went away should you not have then atleast done something about it? Why are u sitting on the fence? either confess or get out of the picture! Pick one!

Had you confessed and had DS reciprocated your feelings then surely our JH could have moved on. Yet you decided to be a jerk and toy with him (by not revealing the wallet pic incident and by NOT doing any thing for the past years you gave JH hope) and  DS.

tbh I don't really see any of Taeks good characteristics - call me blind ..I don't give a donkey's richard simmons! I think he is selfish!

• Like 18

Finally watched the real thing after reading the recap and honestly the fake confession hurt me way less than I thought it would. Also, I can proudly join the #rjyisthehusbandanyway tag (and promote a #writernimpayformyhealtexpenses too).

I don't know if I'm biased, but from mt prospective DS was so touched and in a bliss hearing his confession and they zoomed out from her face when JH said it was practice to hide her expression of disappointment/hurt/shock (they'll give us that expression next week as a flash back) and even if they didn't show her immediate reaction today, when they zoomed on her face later it seemed to me like she hasn't recovered anyway.

Conclusion for me is that JH likes her and DS still likes him back and maybe they'll finally show us more of her feelings next week, still as a flashback (because they love to hide the good things and gave them to us much later in the show).

That said it's not that now I like the scene, let's not go overboard, but the fake confession must have a purpose in the storytelling (right?) and I'm not sure how.. JH finally said what he wanted to say from the very beginning and he'll try to move on. DS will understand that the things he said were all true? I mean, I couldn't get the whole translation yet but, from the bits I've read until now, that was a pretty detailed confession, you can't just made up all the things he said he has done because he loved her. Also, I get SW, but how come DR, The Conseulor, coudn't see the painful truth behind JH's facade?

In the end I still think they'll be together, but now that JH made this idiotic move trying to sink his own ship, they'll sail only if DS will be proactive, maybe with the help of other people around them or maybe opening her eyes on all of the clues there.

If the decisive item ends up being the pink shirt I'll die laughing, before this angsty week I even wrote that drabble titled Pink Polo (http://soohart.tumblr.com/post/136790236587/pink-polo-reply-1988-os) as a fluffy and easy piece, but now I can't look at it with the same eyes lol 

• Like 21