[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

49 minutes ago, clarissasan said:

Hello all, :D even though I try to let go of this after-effect drama feeling, but I still somehow wishing for an update about the extra scene. I keep checking everyday  .......this is killing me slowly :')  

Meanwhile I wonder if you guys already discuss about GJ's painting. In my opinion this painting is actually nice if only the nose is more sharp so it resemble LJG better. 

So I realized the face shows different expression side by side. I wonder if it's how they intended it to be (another theory of something), or is it just the imperfection asymmetrical from the painter's mistake during painting :)  Because if you notice the expressions are really different from each other, it's like two different people in one face (sounds creepy lol).

In the left expression we see a determined face, full of confidence, a leader, a rising king. Look at the eye, it shows the power of King GJ himself who will not hesitate on his decisions, can't let anyone manipulate him,  The eye clearly shows confident and strong willed man, but somehow for me it looks empty at the same time.

Meanwhile In the right it shows a really different expression. ( I was surprised myself) The face looks sad, the eye shows deep sorrow. It represent a man who somehow broken inside. I think this is the true WS who begin to fade behind GJ's presence. The two of them is always there, living as one, but this WS personality of him is getting weaker by time and GJ is the dominant one now. 

If this is what the PD nim or the writer really want to show us, then I would like to applaud them for the detail.^_^ This painting clearly shows how WS and GJ are truly different but still the same person in the end.

Wow, you have amazing eyes. I never realize it before (mainly because I cry so hard at this scene it is hard to see anything :lol:).

Wang So & Gwangjong kinda remind me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the good and the bad side of a man

• Like 14

18 hours ago, ziggy123 said:

Why doesn't the director agree on directors cut DVD, does he lose profit or something?

All we want is the DVD, i just dont understand why it's so hard to say yes.

There are so many reasons explained by our Korean friend here (I forgother nick in this forum). Basically, it involve a lot of works to prepare the deleted/edited cut into DVD. 

16 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Goryeo fashionista :tongue:

• Like 12

7 hours ago, NitaA said:

I am beginning to think Joon Ki's "Soon" is actually referring to IU's hankies posting. Since probably they also felt robed with how the ending was done, they maybe decided between them selves to give us closure. Joon Ki's  "Soon"  posted, gave IU a week, and she wrapped it up with the hankies posting, a sign that there was a reunion in the future. After that, "keut"....the end...... 

I am anxious to see if they will make guess appearance in their events, or if fans would be asking question demanding explanation.......

I'm really starting to think that the "soon" thing was about his next projects as an actor-singer and have nothing to do with Moonlovers anymore.

• Like 15

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wholeheartedly agree with what you've written above.

Btw, someone once pointed out that Wook's wife's name is just Hae Myung (Like Hae Soo). Not Hae Myung Hee. Noted from IU's instagram post caption where she posed with Lady Hae and Lady Oh.

12 hours ago, briseis said:

Fools in Love

In the end, out of all the surviving characters in episode 20 it was Wook who received a proper closure - fitting, tragic and symbolic - he sacrificed so much for power and his family only to be abandoned by them and ending up powerless; but most of all, when asked about love during the final days of his life THE ONLY WOMAN HE COULD THINK OF WAS MYUNG HEE. And judging from his symptoms (muffed coughs, loss of weight, …), IN THE END HE DIED FROM THE SAME ILLNESS SHE DID (tuberculosis) ; so perhaps one day after he pays for his sins in the various levels of hell, he will meet her once again.

UQNAmZK.png

“Why couldn’t I say it? I knew she wanted so badly to hear it. I couldn’t tell her I loved her. I did not think I did. But, Soo, those feelings were love. I thought I was just grateful. It was love. I thought she was just comforting It was love.” - Wook

Despite everything he has done, in the end you have to pity this man who fell in love with his own wife, but was too young and foolish to realize it, instead chasing an idealized version of what he thought was love, WHEN HE HAD THE PERFECT LOVE ALL ALONG. Perhaps, the reason why Wook and Soo were attracted to each other to begin with was because of HOW VERY SIMILAR THEY WERE - BOTH FAILING TO RECOGNIZE TRUE LOVE UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE, LETTING IT SLIP BY because they dragged their feet and kept hesitating for far too long; HAE SOO NEVER MANAGED TO TOLD SO DIRECTLY HOW MUCH SHE LOVED HIM, JUST LIKE WOOK NEVER MANAGED TO TELL MYUNG HEE.

c5EEJlb.png

“You’re so foolish. You are both so foolish.” - Myung Hee

In the end, Myung Hee was right all along - they were both the same blind fools.

gaJwKtJ.png

Agree with you. In fact I quite pity of him, he is after the throne and trying to protect his love. But he end up with nothing, just because of fate. 

I forgive WW for what he had done. At least, he repents...and remembering his wife for the last moment...

• Like 15

1 hour ago, clarissasan said:

Hello all, :D even though I try to let go of this after-effect drama feeling, but I still somehow wishing for an update about the extra scene. I keep checking everyday  .......this is killing me slowly :')  

Meanwhile I wonder if you guys already discuss about GJ's painting. In my opinion this painting is actually nice if only the nose is more sharp so it resemble LJG better. 

So I realized the face shows different expression side by side. I wonder if it's how they intended it to be (another theory of something), or is it just the imperfection asymmetrical from the painter's mistake during painting :)  Because if you notice the expressions are really different from each other, it's like two different people in one face (sounds creepy lol).

In the left expression we see a determined face, full of confidence, a leader, a rising king. Look at the eye, it shows the power of King GJ himself who will not hesitate on his decisions, can't let anyone manipulate him,  The eye clearly shows confident and strong willed man, but somehow for me it looks empty at the same time.

Meanwhile In the right it shows a really different expression. ( I was surprised myself) The face looks sad, the eye shows deep sorrow. It represent a man who somehow broken inside. I think this is the true WS who begin to fade behind GJ's presence. The two of them is always there, living as one, but this WS personality of him is getting weaker by time and GJ is the dominant one now. 

If this is what the PD nim or the writer really want to show us, then I would like to applaud them for the detail.^_^ This painting clearly shows how WS and GJ are truly different but still the same person in the end.

@clarissasan Very interesting analysis on the GJ's painting. 

The left eye indeed looks sharper, with more of a piercing stare.. while the right eye looks, like you mention, more emotional and sorrowful. I think maybe because that's where WS has his scar and he also predominantly covers his right side of his face with his mask previously. So there may be some truth that the right side of the painting will reveal more of his WS's original character. Since for most people, the true self is sometimes the side people want to hide the most. As WS ascended the throne, he had done away with the mask and his scar(covered by make-up). So maybe that's when this true WS personality began to fade and engulfed by the dominant GJ self(as you have described).

Like you have said, it could really be a way for the PD-nim or writer-nim to reveal this hint through the painting.

• Like 15

@tinniet Ahhh yes the lips are also different, Thanks for the information! ^^ just like you said I also believe it's not coincidental because the two expressions are way too different from each other ><

@antiherofans Thank you ^^ actually I just realized it yesterday when someone in ig post a more close up version of the painting then I realized why so different?! lol .... Yes I was crying too in that scene :tears: </3 what a heartbreaking scene......

@roneddski Thank you for your further analysis! I was wondering why the sad expression has to be on the right side, I can't find an answer....and because of your post I realize I forgot that GJ/ WS has scar! What a terrible fangirl I am :P...

The left eye indeed looks sharper, with more of a piercing stare.. while the right eye looks, like you mention, more emotional and sorrowful. I think maybe because that's where WS has his scar and he also predominantly covers his right side of his face with his mask previously. So there may be some truth that the right side of the painting will reveal more of his WS's original character. Since for most people, the true self is sometimes the side people want to hide the most. As WS ascended the throne, he had done away with the mask and his scar(covered by make-up). So maybe that's when this true WS personality began to fade and engulfed by the dominant GJ self(as you have described).

Like you have said, it could really be a way for the PD-nim or writer-nim to reveal this hint through the painting.

Completely agree with you. :)

• Like 17

I know I'm a bit late, I want to ask this before but always forget, sorry if it was discussed before,

Anybody know that what is the age of every prince and Hae Soo at 1st episode? Is Wang Jung supposed to be younger than Hae Soo?

And how many years in detail and in total Hae Soo spend in Goryeo era?

• Like 3

Did you guys notice that all the casting team lost their weight throughout the filming...? Not only LJK lost the weight, IU, KHN and the rest,..I guess all of them lost their weight at least 3kg..hahaha.., except for LJK OPPA lost ???  he is too skinny right now, I hope he will consider putting some weight to look more jjang...

• Like 14

2 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Thanks God...... finally they all "teleport" to future :sweatingbullets:

Hope they all have a happy ending in modern era........ ;)

this is the first time no sign "hot topic" in our thread today..... everyone already move on.... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

16 hours ago, redlion said:

Thanks God...... finally they all "teleport" to future :sweatingbullets:

Hope they all have a happy ending in modern era........ ;)

this is the first time no sign "hot topic" in our thread today..... everyone already move on.... :sweatingbullets:

Wait until someone post something like hand,veins and hankerchief. This thread will alive again :lol:

• Like 6

8 hours ago, redfrommars said:

Sorry to cut your post.

I need help~ How many songs does the CD contains? Is there any other MLSHR goods included in the package? Where can I buy it? 

I actually got mine on amazon... it was 20 dollars but I think the price had gone up now. Also,  not sure where you're located and if that affects things on amazon. 

It comes with two cds one with the 13 ost songs and the second cd with the 15 instrumental tracks. It also comes with a little booklet with descriptions of the characters,  song lyrics,  and just some pictures from the show. 

• Like 8