[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hello everyone

Any news yet regarding the extra deleted scene?  I'm still reading related news about MLSHR.  I guess people are still upset with the ending.  I'm somewhat glad that I managed to turn my sadness into something more positive.  Was hoping that someone at DB would view the ending in a more positive light but I guess that didn't happen :(  Can't blame them though.  I think my love toward LJG's acting and the 'love-story' as a whole might have played a part to 'justify' the open ending.  Here are some of the comments from the re-cappers at DB:

Javabeans: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Was there anybody who watched this finale and thought, ”Oh hey, that was a pretty good way to finish that story, I really enjoyed that”? Despite the show being frequently messy and flaw-ridden, I have found it very watchable, so I was hoping for an ending that, even if not perfectly satisfying, would provide a measure of closure and resolution. What we got, though? A finale that felt so pointless that it negated value retroactively from the rest of the series. I don’t care if there was extra footage filmed or more logical reasoning in the book or better intentions elsewhere: In the end, what is shown onscreen is the only story that truly happens in this drama. Who actually thought this was an acceptable finale episode to put on the air and put their names on?

girlfriday: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: Life’s a richard simmons and then you die.

gummimochi: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: It saddens me when I think about the hours upon hours I wasted watching this show and wishing that the execution was just a tad different here or there. So here are my parting words: Walking until the show’s edge, I sat and watched as my brain cells rose up and disappeared. My… Sanity. [ I personally like how she incorporated the poem that WS wrote to HS in her parting words. brilliant!]

LollyPip: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo: I’m still way behind, and sadly, I’ve been hearing enough about the second half of the show that I’m seriously considering dropping it. [ It's comments like this that makes me even more sad.  Granted the drama is a hot mess but I want more people to enjoy LJG's acting and get sucked into this 'scarred heart' obsessions like I do :P...]

What could've been:

A fan who got LJG & HJH :heart: 

• Like 21

35 minutes ago, ldwon4 said:

I think it's only me that thinks IU's surprised faces were fine... her eyes are generally big and she's also extremely pretty with young looking features so she probably couldn't help herself with the close up shots they took. Maybe it was because they did so many of the shots that it got annoying to viewers...but at the early episodes, Hs was still in the shock of that she TRAVELED BACK 1000 YEARS into the past and anything to her was still surprising.

I tried to make surprised looks in the mirror and as a fellow person with generally big eyes, I could not make my expressions  much better than she could, except not as pretty because I'm not as pretty as her XD. I guess blame the director's tendency to get a lot of close ups of her, which was her being shocked a lot in the first 3 episodes XP But cant help being pretty in every shot since she's an extremelypretty person. XD

I also love the shocked eyes of her,actually this is my first drama of her..and im totally inlove with her acting n now i'm iu fan plus wth her haevenly voice..

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Evelyn C said:

IKR? IU is one of the few actresses who can successfully pass for a 16 year old and then a 30-something year old in the space of a few months! :)

I actually has no problems with IU's acting and this is her first drama that I watched. She's convincing and likeable. 

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, NitaA said:

Both actors; JiSoo and Joon Gi are excellent in this scene. They were feeding of each other's energy making this scene is gut wrenching and worthy of a recognition. I wonder how many takes did they do this. I can't picture if they had to do more than one take of this...... If only Soo can hold on bit longer, if only So found the letter a bit sooner, if and if and if.......:bawling:

Aah ..so truly..this part is the saddest...jisoo n LG excellent here..and i also wish the same too..if only so read the letter a bit earlier we all also can be more satisfying..huhuhu

• Like 6

11 hours ago, makino92 said:

. :blink: why the ajummas were chasing after her ? :confused:

From what  GHJ  said to JM (and later, as HS to lady Hae) regarding her ex-boyfriend and her financial debts, I assume that her ex-boyfriend scammed those ajummas (a pyramide scheme scam maybe?)  using  GHJ  as front(wo)man . As frontman, GHJ was legally liable to pay back those ajummas who were scammed.  Obviously she couldn`t pay (her ex took all her savings and her house, along with the money of those ajummas), therefore the ajummas were chasing her. Of course, HS had nothing to do with the scam, she was also scammed and betrayed.

The issue of financial debts is mentioned also in relation to original HS. In the first days of  "our" HS in Goryeo, CR is asking her why she was so late outside ( the night the original HS had the accident that resulted to her death). And she wonders  if  HS  was out to meet a guy  or it was something that had to do with her debts from gambling. (I don´t remember in which version appears this dialogue, though I think the first  3 episodes had one version). Anyway, "our" HS was  rather shocked hearing that HS either was involved with a guy, either was gambling. So, it would be good if we had at least a scene explaining something more about the original HS. Because if she was also in debts and in a  destructive relationship like the modern GHJ, then  the link between HS and GHJ becomes more significant  for GHJ´s travel to Goryeo and her hosting in  HS ´s body. .

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

Jung kept Soo's hairpin that she used once to protect him from So by threatening to kill herself if he entered Damiwon. It has become his treasure since. 'Foolish' for holding on to his unrequited love for many years; marry her and take care of her unconditionally even tho he knew he can never replace So in her heart.

Just sad, really.

I thought it was along the lines of, but it looked like a chunk of wood. (LOL) I was expecting So to take their daughter back but I was so relieved to see at least Jung gets to be a father - whereas So is completely alone. That ending was a killer to my heart, my god I didn't expect it to be so painful. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ldwon4 said:

I think it's only me that thinks IU's surprised faces were fine... her eyes are generally big and she's also extremely pretty with young looking features so she probably couldn't help herself with the close up shots they took. Maybe it was because they did so many of the shots that it got annoying to viewers...but at the early episodes, Hs was still in the shock of that she TRAVELED BACK 1000 YEARS into the past and anything to her was still surprising.

I tried to make surprised looks in the mirror and as a fellow person with generally big eyes, I could not make my expressions  much better than she could, except not as pretty because I'm not as pretty as her XD. I guess blame the director's tendency to get a lot of close ups of her, which was her being shocked a lot in the first 3 episodes XP But cant help being pretty in every shot since she's an extremelypretty person. XD

You're not alone, I like LJE's surprised looks too :) 

For me her acting was fine throughout) Actually, I find people and journalists' comments like "IU acting improved a lot towards the end of the drama" quite funny, because episodes were shot randomly in time, all mixed together! I suppose that was what LJG meant when he said LJE 'can see big picture', so she could act as awkward time traveller one day and the suffering court lady next day!

• Like 19

8 hours ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

The moment I love come after this scene. After this So grab her hand and asked if she isnt scared, by which IU answered, "Why wouldn't I be afraid of someone who always uttered death threats?"

im confused while reading this, shouldnt it be: SO:"it doesn't bother you to see this ugly face?Do you pity/feel sorry for me?" then HS answered:" why would I feel sorry/pity someone who always uttered death threats?"

• Like 8

23 hours ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Annyeong Chingudeul,

It took me a few days to find the time to write down my version of the ML-SHR final. But I eventually finished and updated it on my asianfanfics account. I hope you’ll enjoy reading it. May it help to heal all of your broken hearts.:wub:;)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1190152/until-we-meet-again-moonlovers

As you’ve probably noticed I've tagged everyone who liked the posts about my writing below. (I hope I didn't forget anybody! If so, please excuse me! It's quite late over here and I'm just about to go to bed. :huh::sweatingbullets:

Please note that English is not my first language. I hope you still have fun reading! Feedback is always welcome!:lol:

Much love,

Soul

Chingu..... TQ. You mend my broken heart... lovely ending :wub:

• Like 9

22 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Reveal hidden contents

CwdpDFxVIAE0SiU.jpg

first backhug between them

and the last backhug a big difference:)

.... and we didnt get to see the last back hug on screen... might as well they dont release the pic.. :mellow:

• Like 7

http://www.joysofasia.com/season-2-part-2-of-moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-clue-soon-was-posted-by-lee-joon-gi-in-his-instagram/

The article in the website above gives evidences on possibility of season 2 occuring.I'm still not going to get my hopes up tho.

And check out the IG account of this person!The drawings there are amazing!

• Like 23

2 hours ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

I was so worried about the ending so I didn't watch until now.
I didn't understand one scene: Can someone explain to me what WJ kept of HS that Baekha said 'that was foolish of you' 

I cried more on this version than the Chinese version, and I like how ambiguous but determined both of their feelings are for each other. 

Jung kept her hairpin because he was in love with HS and BA saw so he told Jung that it was foolish of him to fall for HS knowing So is the love of her life and that she never stopped loving him.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

I read that speculation somewhere (i forgot) and I was like, "Ooohhh!"

I totally thought JiMong and WM had a gay-esque relationship. Started with WM's death scene. JM is just too worked up for a friend, no matter how close

• Like 7

2 hours ago, garnetstar24 said:

I do think he's the type of actor that needs a role that lets him express himself in a grand way. Almost like a theatrer actor. I do think this role fit him so well and called for him to act with a subtlety of emotion that really suited the character and himself as an actor. All those close ups showed how good he is with micro expressions. That last close up of him wiping away the make up and staring straight into the camera just....wow....I think everyone watching knew what he was feeling and thinking without him saying a word (well besides the voiceover ;))

I was thinking a K2 type drama or healer would be a good way for him to go but it needs a unique element to set it apart from just an action drama. It could be an updated Iljame for the 21st century were he acts the fool but is really a bad richard simmons fighter. I don't know just something cool for him to stand out again. Wang So had so much depth and character development and his chemistry with IU was so amazing I hope his next partner can give him that same energy. That's why I praise IU for being able to spark with Joon Gi. When it comes to romance he is awkward and has not had luck and his partner needs to dish it out so he has something to work with and she did that and then some. 

I think he could do a Korean version of Dexter well. He said in an interview once that he wanted to be a serial killer with a tortured soul, something like that, but not for the next project I hope. We need something light and happy from him :) Wang So was a very impressive role and hard to forget so it will be awhile before he should do another character in a Sageuk.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I think he could do a Korean version of Dexter well. He said in an interview once that he wanted to be a serial killer with a tortured soul, something like that, but not for the next project I hope. We need something light and happy from him :) Wang So was a very impressive role and hard to forget so it will be awhile before he should do another character in a Sageuk.

Please do make K-version of Dexter with LJG as the serial killer who collect blood sample.

Pretty please???

Or, LJG as young Hannibal Lecter (K-version)

Or, LJG as K-version of Jack the Ripper, young and good looking one?

What is wrong with me? :crazy: why do I want LJG as young, super sexy, super hot serial killer ??

• Like 17