[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

15 hours ago, andy78 said:

'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' Lee Joon-Gi teases special episode, Gwangjong meets Hae-Soo; Season 2 petition launched by fans [SPOILERS]

•   Reveal hidden contents

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.'

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.' (Photo : YouTube/drama sparks)

It has only been three days since SBS' "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" aired its finale episode, yet many fans are already yearning for a second season. The 20-episode historical drama starred Lee Joon-Gi and Lee Ji-Eun aka IU.

Like Us on Facebook

Recently, avid fans set up an online petition with the aim of collecting at least 35,000 signatures or supporters. It is said that the petition will be sent to SBS' President/Co-Rep Director Lee Woong-Mo.

Despite the low and unjustified ratings in South Korea, "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" drew a favorable response abroad. Since it is based on Hunan's "Scarlet Heart" (2010-2011), fans wanted to ask the SBS Network to make "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" Season 2, just like the Chinese version.

The petitioner, Charlene Mae Perez, also asked SBS to keep the contracts of the show's cast member valid. As of date, there are only 8,711 supporters needed in order to reach the goal of 35,000.

While many are glad about the claims, it is important to note that nothing is official yet. Talks about the possible "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" Season 2 started after the drama's cliffhanger ending left fans with so many questions.

The finale episode, which aired on Nov. 1, Tuesday, saw the death of Hae-Soo (IU) after she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Hae-Soo's soul then returned to her incarnation in the 21st century.

While struggling to get over the trauma of her experiences, she passed by a gallery of Goryeo Dynasty-era paintings.

The heroine then realized that everything happened was not a dream and felt sorry for leaving 4th Prince Wang So / King Gwangjong (Lee) behind. Meanwhile, in the Goryeo Era, Wang So promised that if they are not from the same world, then "I will find you, my Hae-Soo."

Hence, many believed Wang So and Hae Soo's love story is far from over. It intensified after Lee took to Instagram on Nov. 2, Tuesday and shared a clip from the finale episode with a "SOON" emoji.

Further, Lee seemingly hints at an extra episode of the SBS drama in the midst of "My Love Lee Joon-Gi" fan meeting. Speaking before a predominantly Korean crowd, as translated by a Tumblr user, the Hallyu star stated King Gwangjong will surely meet Hae-Soo, but stressed that he does not know when will it be released.

"At any rate, I won't spoil you," Lee added. "I do believe that Gwangjong's true feelings for Soo were delivered to her. I guess this is what you call an open ending?"

http://en.yibada.com/articles/171381/20161104/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-lee-joon-gi-teases-special.htm

@andy78 and chingus, I pray that to have MLSH season 2 but please don't follow the BBJX season 2. That's really" s..t".  SBS should create their own storyline,..putting all crews together again, especially WS and HS....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

HJE, thankfully she wasn't casted. That girl from Oh Hae Young would I think be better than HJE.

I hope you weren't thinking of the "ugly" Oh Hae Young, no way do I want her to ever partner with LJG, however if you were thinking of "pretty" Oh Hae Young, she had chemistry with LJG in Joseon Gunman but I think both of them look too old to play a teenager. IU was perfect for the part.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, ziggy123 said:

I dont know how people watch joseon era kdramas, i for one cant handle the hat and puffy clothes the men have to wear. Thats really annoying cause i really want to watch ljg other sagueks and so far i was only able to watch ilijimae but not arang or scholar. If he does do more sagueks i would prefer it if they were goryeo era but his modern drama two weeks is so good, the only thing i re-watched after MLSHR.

I have watched all his dramas over and over again, but after MLSHR his other sageuks pale in comparison. His costumes and acting were so amazing in MLSHR, he suits the Goryeo period sageuks. Currently re-watching Hero but hate the orange hair look. I don't know why he dyes his hair orange these days, doesn't look flattering on him.:(

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Hhhhhhhhh....... even LJK Still cant move on from SHR, Still post about SHR in his IG :wub::sweatingbullets:

He is so good to his fans so maybe he is holding our hands to help us get over MLSHR :wub:

• Like 10

Hae Soo has shown maternal instinct over the course of the story:

Spoiler

004-a.gif?v=1473135427

"But you're hurt!"

017-a.gif?v=1473137917

“Our 14th Prince! You’re already so reliable and strong. You’ll be a great man soon!”

004_a8c39daf-d9cd-418d-8311-409564a8c455.gif?v=1473749900

"Don't worry. Unni already knew your feelings for her."

008_ed090821-eab7-46d4-aabd-e6e01071a068.gif?v=1475017602

“How about the 4th Prince? Nothing bad happened to him, right? It couldn’t have. He isn’t someone who would die so easily, right?”

015_26fcd034-0ced-432d-a04b-3152eacb2d96.gif?v=1475019866

"Listen to the doctor. Rest -- you shouldn't be walking around. And don't visit again."

"Always lecturing."

040_425ad22e-75d8-4d86-a096-b2f1ac798ee6.gif?v=1475630962

“If I came to you, I didn’t think you would forgive me. But I thought you would understand."

credit: starberrykoko

Being helpful and sympathetic is in her nature. A nature that unfortunately (or is it fortunate?) cause the princes to fell for her one by one (can you blame them tho :P) which is why I buy the pregnancy as the reason she desperately wanting out of the palace. It is the height of her maternal instinct. She would sacrifice everything to protect her blood and flesh, even from the man she love ;,;

• Like 22

Hello All, I still haven't watch the finale episode for not wanting to say goodbye to this gem.. 

I think Gj would have respected Hs wishes to not have there child grow up in the palace because it would have been no way she or GJ could protect that child and YH would certainly would hate the child and every chance she gets she would torture the poor girl.. Treating her like the redheaded stepchild the first chance she could get she would have struck a deal with the kitians to have her married off into that tribe so she don't have to look at her.. Also being that she's Hs and Gj love child the poor child would be used against Gj from the ministers..  

• Like 13

Guys, I can't move on :bawling::bawling::bawling: I don't know if it's only happen to me but I can't stop refresh twitter, instagram in searching of some updates about the alternative end. It's the first time for me. I have been watching dramas for seven years but I've never been so obsessed with a drama until this moment :bawling::bawling::bawling: Do you believe that Lee Joon Gi with that "Soon" was referring to his Asian tour?  Then why did he use the last Wang So's scene? He is cruel :bawling:

• Like 22

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

From Ep14 onwards, her performance is totally forgettable for me in almost every scene, because the serene-looking HS doesn't get to portray much emotion or acting skills. Even when HS was pleading with WS to re-accept/forgive her after Eun's death, her crying could not move me much, because by then, HS is almost a shell of her former-self, and her demeanor doesn't allow her to truly show the depth of her emotions.

Yes! the state that required her character to be stoic 'conceal, don't feel' doesn't give her much material to work with, I guess... another scenes with So are swoonworthy ofc :D , but the greatest punch came in Ep 20, when she cry and apologize for leaving So alone (actually at the same night that scene was replayed in my mind and became the sole cause of my depression at 4 AM, besides the sucky ending) 

1 hour ago, zi4r said:

I feel really sorry for both IU & Baekhyun. It seems when the casting decision was made, it was only to use their star-power to draw eyeballs. Then, the production team seems to have decided that they would suck at acting...... so they were given very light/side-lined roles, which makes their acting look sucky. Self-fulfilling prophecy, really.

From the few scenes where IU & Baekhyun were really allowed to show their abilities, they acted their hearts out. And those scenes show that they are truly capable. The script's utterly relentless focus on LJG is almost criminal. (I love him, and he was absolutely heavenly in the drama, but that's no excuse for wishy-washy handling of other actors' roles.) And other members of the cast suffered for it.

Whoops, the truth has been spoken hehe. I thought I'm the only who ever thought of this... the fact that the 4th prince seems like an especially tailor-made role for LJG  shows the elaborate attention that has been given to the character: from dialogue, gestures, POV, everything's almost flawless compared to other characters (Wang Eun's disappearance for almost half of the series (and his comeback for the sole reason to get butchered) made me suspect that he has been sent to another world or something :blink:) They should've changed the title to 'Scarlet Heart: Wang So' at this point.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, shiraru said:

Seems that LJG is also So-Soo shipper, ahahahaa...I think he also wanted the happy ending for both of them, but since it got cut, he posted this for his and the fans's healing process :D Strangely, I started to think that this is what he meant by "Soon"...I kinda feel that we won't get that happy ending cut, because of the things that happened behind the scene (writing, editing, etc) seems really complicated. I can only speculate though, I might be wrong...

... :mellow:

which makes sense, ofc. by 'soon' he mean the edited photo of the happy family (finally) together...

which still doesn't offer complete answer to, "If we are not from the same world, I will come to you, my Soo."

still, if this is the answer...

I guess I have to strangle someone.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Me too, wants a special episode to give us a happy ending. At least a more obvious hint that WS is somewhere around 21st century.  I don't need season 2 because I'm afraid PD and writer will crush my heart again. 

Hahaha... For me to sign up for Season 2, first there has to be a written agreement signed by PD and the writer not to do an encore of that shitty excuse of an ending again... :P

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

Yes! the state that required her character to be stoic 'conceal, don't feel' doesn't give her much material to work with, I guess... another scenes with So are swoonworthy ofc :D , but the greatest punch came in Ep 20, when she cry and apologize for leaving So alone (actually at the same night that scene was replayed in my mind and became the sole cause of my depression at 4 AM, besides the sucky ending) 

Thank you! Missed out that one. Edited my previous post to include it.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

Whoops, the truth has been spoken hehe. I thought I'm the only who ever thought of this... the fact that the 4th prince seems like an especially tailor-made role for LJG  shows the elaborate attention that has been given to the character: from dialogue, gestures, POV, everything's almost flawless compared to other characters (Wang Eun's disappearance for almost half of the series (and his comeback for the sole reason to get butchered) made me suspect that he has been sent to another world or something :blink:) They should've changed the title to 'Scarlet Heart: Wang So' at this point.

They should have.:blink::grin:  Wang So was the reason many are watching this drama. I, for one, considering it's my first drama of of LJGs.  The first 3 episodes were one of the favourite episodes, those of Wang So parts. The less screentime didnt matter because every single scene of Wang So in those episodes left an intense impression. 

Wang So is the core of this drama. That's what made this drama formed its originality.

This drama is divided into two parts.

1. The rise of Wang So to the throne and his reign.

2. Wang So's love affair.

Will he be able to have both or will he has to let go of one? For me Hae Soo is just the variable.  

Otherwise what's the point of watching this drama if we expect a cut and paste from its original material or to the first adaptation.

The reason why viewers can't move on because this drama is well done plus Lee Joon Gi portrayal of Wang So is phenomenal. This drama has hit the viewers to the gut. That is why you and I are still discussing about this drama even it has already ended. It has flaws, yes, but it's better than any kdrama I've seen.

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, briseis said:

I think this is merely one point of view, then there are those who have spend the past 2 months complaining that Kang Ha Neul had too much screentime, that he was the PD's favourite, and that LJG's role felt more like a cameo appearance than a lead role. Actually, I think most of what people perceive as "tailor-made" role for LJG is actually LJG BEING SO SUPERIOR TO ALL THE ACTORS AND MAKING THE ROLE MUCH MORE THAN IT WAS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN.

Personally, I think that the screentime and attention that Wang So's role received was appropriate to that of a male lead and pretty regular to what all kdrama male leads receive. The reason why most of the side characters felt underdeveloped wasn't because LJG had too much screentime but because THERE WERE TOO MANY SIDE CHARACTERS FOR A 20-EPISODE DRAMA. For instance, if there were 6 more episodes, it wouldn't feel like that. Unfortunately, the writer didn't take this important difference into account while writing the story. She should have simply done without some of the characters, and that would have given her the possibility to develop more characters.

I agree with your post 100%. The way joongi plays wang so overshadows all others which makes people think the drama is too wang so centric when in fact that only started happening in the second half of the drama. If you think about it many of us wouldn't have sympathised with wang so or liked his character as much even if his story is tragic if it wasn't played by joongi. I personally wouldn't have continued the story after the a while considering how annoyed I got with hae soo damsel in distress scenario but I did it for wang so/ljg.

• Like 15

On 11/4/2016 at 3:06 PM, hrkharis said:

I think maybe Jimong is actually an angel ... LOL. :grin:

He can appear anywhere and at different times...... 

At first he appeared as a beggar......

14853113_567102020149141_2108526980750754652_o.jpg

then became an astronomer and advisor to the king .......

14917069_568312480028095_6796862227344988241_o.jpg

and last appeared as a historian ....

14938328_568314643361212_4508074783821374588_n.jpg?oh=3de6e3a76e02f625e3c5a1ea7826021f&oe=58883D9D

The point is that Jimong had used Hae Soo to help him make Wang So be a king of Goryeo. In the end he let her with her confusion and acted as if he never did anything. Meanwhile, for Hae Soo, the events that she had experienced, drowned in the lake, in a coma for a year, and survived, is an experience which is like a nightmare. She continues to be haunted by her dreams as if she has really experienced it.

So Jimong is really an angel who was not responsible because he does not appear again as an angel in the end and brings together HS and WS in the 21st century, so that all the audience of this drama be disappointed....... LOL :grin:

That's why I feel that Jimong character is creepy, and I doubt that Hae Soo actually never return to her before coma timeline, but switch to another timeling/dimesion which history has changed.

And I'm curious if Ji Mong really recognize Soo whether before coma, in goryeo era and after coma??

55 minutes ago, makino92 said:

Guys, I can't move on :bawling::bawling::bawling: I don't know if it's only happen to me but I can't stop refresh twitter, instagram in searching of some updates about the alternative end. It's the first time for me. I have been watching dramas for seven years but I've never been so obsessed with a drama until this moment :bawling::bawling::bawling: Do you believe that Lee Joon Gi with that "Soon" was referring to his Asian tour?  Then why did he use the last Wang So's scene? He is cruel :bawling:

You're not alone chingu, I even wake up at midnight just to stalk their instagram and search for hashtag #scarletheartryo . My mood is terrible these few days.

• Like 19