[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, sosooyah19 said:

because HS did not say the magic words yet! also she rejected the marriage proposal, she also wants to leave causing him to question her love to him.. also HS was always asking for Wook's life to be spared.. that's what really pissing me off, she did not bring the argument up to the present relationship situation...

And you know what? I'm pissed off that just because Soo knows that So will reign for 26 more years, it's like So can't be collateral damaged goods too. Look at all his scars Woman! So can be hurt.  Why is it that she never understands that So needs some mercy too.  

• Like 8

i think its ironic that they decided to remake this targeting Korean viewers who have yet to watch BBJX and does not know how the story will end, however, the key audience ends up being the international viewers, of which most are already exposed to the drama's ending.

On the one hand due to the production's original intention (to target korean audiences who have not watched BBJX yet), i think the last episode will be EXACTLY like the c version (HS dies, WS does not get to meet her, in future, HS sees WS by chance but he does not recognise him). 

On the other hand, i hope that the production is smart enough to actually film 2 endings (one same and one different from the c version bbjx), knowing that their key audience is us who already know what happens in c version and actually want to be surprised. Also the ending in the C version was written with the hopes of being able to produce a sequel. However, the Korean version DEFINITELY has no hope for a sequel (sorry guys, but i can tell you 100% it will not happen).  Perhaps it would also help to explain why there is no preview of next episode (as they are still deciding which ending to broadcast). CHAEBAL.....

• Like 9

I understand HS leaving the palace, I really do, I understand she feels suffocated and it's been years of too much pain, seeing people she loves dying, seeing the man she loves marrying someone else BUT not even considering to give WS the benefit of the doubt and try and understand why he's done the cruel things since he became king and just wanting him to be the king she has idealized in her mind with her modern sensibilities and idealism is hypocritical of her, she seems to understand CR, WW and everyone else but when it comes to WS she sure is quick to pass a judgement and punish him for it. 

Gahhhhh I am just too angry, I will not watch this episode, I haven't even watched 18 episode, I guess I'll watch them all together and just drown in my own tears.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

in sbs version, WS did not know yet abt WW-HS past before this YH incident..

WS asked YH to betray her family if she wanted an heir, thus that's what happened..

UGH... she sits on the bed... grrrrr.... (sbs version was edited and cut where they are only standing after a short convo)

the editing makes all a difference if we will hate WS or not hehe

So.... did he sleep with her? I still can't get a clear answer, I don't want to watch it though. I know about their deal, but did "it" happen in SBS version or international or not at all?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

Then is she not seeing Wang So suffer? of all people she should know.. Wang So seek her comfort every time he's broken. She is that very person who hates to see everyone around her suffer.

she decided to leave when she was allowed.. WS rejected her and said that he wont ever let her touch him again... so what would Soo do? *scratching head*, she should have cleared things with WS... grrr... anyway.. that's the plot...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sosooyah19 said:

ive seen k-dramas go 24, 30 and 50 (50 being a weekend kind of family drama) so im wondering why they only opted for 20... maybe just like what LJG said, the team was new to pre-filmed drama, so the ending was draggy.. the team did not anticipate the outcome, that they needed more episode, but the time is running out since they have to deliver it on time for international buyers of the drama... :mellow:

Probably cause it's not a "family drama". I mean if you look at all the K dramas that has about 50 ++ eps, it's usually all family dramas. So I think the max they could have for Scarlet Heart is 20. Sometimes it could be due to budget as well so they can only go up until 20 eps.. It'd be awesome if there's a season 2 in future. Since the C version could do it, why not the K version! Not now probably, but in future? :)  

• Like 1

Omg why do I feel Wang So will go cray next episode? Why do I feel that Wook Won and Yeonhwa are behind all these, behind drifting Hae Soo and Wang So apart? When Wang So find out about all these he will go soooo mad. Don't tell me they will get away with it. 

Edited by Rose34
  • Like 8

Ok, each suffering because of 2 people like this? is this the start the writer make the story?! 

King Taejo - Queen Yoo & Lady Oh

Wang So - Hae Soo & Yeon Hwa

Wang Wook - Lady Hae & Hae Soo

Baek Ah - Lady Hae & Woo Hee

Wang Eun - Hae Soo & Seon Dook

Hae Soo - Wang Wook & Wang So

Yeon Hwa - Wang Yo & Wang So (is she the winner?! I hate it!! my body got burn when Wang So came into her room, arrghh...)

• Like 9

Ep 19 - I think the preview pictures were more exciting than the actual episode. Too rush..too abrupt. To me - this is the worst episode ever.

The writer is out to torture Wang So. He tried so hard to hold on to HS. Gah!!! 

Hae Soo - her inner thoughts are all not shown until the end. It felt as if she never loved Wang So! 

I would skip everything until the part where Wang So confronted Hae Soo till Soo leaving. Everything before that was messy. Editing is the greatest culprit here. Even LJG couldn't hold it together in this episode.

Ep 20 has to be better than this. It has to! If not - my devotion to MLSHR for the past 10 weeks has been in vain!!! 

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, lilac_alex said:

Oh was it? Maybe i got crossed eyed for a moment from watching two streams at the same time. I thought I saw Chinese characters and not hangul. Thanks for the clarification chingu.

I dont think its HS diary. I think its the book that Won and Wook talked in early of the ep19. And I remembered reading in wiki about GJ studied about Emperor Tang's book or something. So I think thats the book that reforms his political system in Goryeo.

• Like 3

I've always rooted for HS since the beginning. Because I've personally made dumb decisions before  (but hey I was a teenager back then too so please forgive me) But tonight's episode really challenged my bias. I want Goryeo to be a place to develop her character. She does not necessarily have to change - but what's more important is that what she has been through should sharpen her senses on the people around her. I am perfectly fine if she still holds on to her 21st century core values, and parts ways with WS because of that. The palace is suffocating. Return to the 21st century and become a Go Ha Jin that is more aware of the people around her. While her progress is not as fast as I want it to be, she has taken baby steps up until now. However, the scene about CR being sincere and how she part ways with Wook really left a bitter taste in my mouth. Am I missing something out here? Maybe it's because I didn't watch the subbed version. Is it just a way for the writer to create more bitterness? Or is my emotions clouding my judgement. Maybe there is more to it after tomorrow's episode. I don't know. I need sleep. So many questions after tonight's episode. I'm left confused. Looking forward to enlightening posts tomorrow. :tears:

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

So.... did he sleep with her? I still can't get a clear answer, I don't want to watch it though. I know about their deal, but did "it" happen in SBS version or international or not at all?

its just like that with HS, we do not get a clear picture if they really did... with YH, it was a red room so we can only assume (but of course we can be on denial).. but was not shown.. in SBS he only asked her if she made up her mind, and she said yes.. then cut to the next scene with the dead bird..

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

True I agree with what you said. If the K version had as many episodes as the C version then it will make more sense as there's time for the story to develop. However since for k dramas like this it's max can only be at 20 episodes, so the writer has no choice but to try to squeeze in all the important scenes and the entire story into just 20 eps. This would then make it a little messy and will not make sense at all. 

But I believe if there was a chance for this show to have about 30 + eps, it will develop nicely and make sense as well! :) 

The thing Moon Lover is not c-drama. It's very well established that Hae So and Wang So are not meant for each other. They only have the love for each other but not fated to be together.

In EP 3 there was a clear hint that YH has affection for Wang So and vice versa. Did you remember when Wang So said that he was curious what kind of woman YH have become? Wang So may not have the same affection he has for Hae So but YH is the best partner him. YH can give up anything for GJ and the throne. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

*sigh* you're just right..... tsk tsk.. there is really trust issues here, since WS / GJ could kill (she always reminds him that right)..

maybe in HS mind in the past, 8th cannot kill anyone - reason why she hoped, except that WS incident where WW rebelled that she finally let go..

but if im HS (hahahahaha) ill stay simply because i cannot let him be alone when people leave him one by one... CR betrayal, though it hurts, i may understand.... oh well...

I know is it because of Wook's confession? how he needed to kill to protect her family.. you know what from that point.. I think that's when it all started her fales hope living in Goryeo. She thinks too highly and magnificent of Wook that made her believe Goryeo is not that bad after all this kind of person exist.. and guessed what she's badly mistaken. 

HAHAH! I wish for you to even at least make a cameo and knock some sense to HS lmao jk :phew:

• Like 2

To me I think HS is mad at WS for the way CR was killed. It would have been easier if she jus got hang or get her head cut off but been beaten to death like a dog in front of many people is a slow painful death. I feel like HS understood why CR has to die but the way she died she couldn't accept. But it seems the writers were having a hard time trying to convey that in the story plot either that they just got lazy and decided to write it like: HS is still mad at WS for killing her "so called sister" and will hold that against him cause she needs a reason to make him believe she really wants to leave. I know I shouldn't defend HS and her stupidity and naive self but there got to be a reason why even when she knows what CR did was wrong. I feel like its jus executed poorly or how her character is written 

in the cversion, RX know the reason why YT had to die but she couldn't accept the way she died was too cruel. So maybe HS was mad at WS for that but the writers seems lost on how to convey that in the plot. Also when Jung entered in the palace with the decree man there was no tension built up lol it was like o.O.... 

But overall I feel like the whole thing was jus written in a rush since they got a limit of 20 episodes so they cram everything in the last two and the editing seems choppy. Let's just hope the last episode is better than 19 lol 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

Probably cause it's not a "family drama". I mean if you look at all the K dramas that has about 50 ++ eps, it's usually all family dramas. So I think the max they could have for Scarlet Heart is 20. Sometimes it could be due to budget as well so they can only go up until 20 eps.. It'd be awesome if there's a season 2 in future. Since the C version could do it, why not the K version! Not now probably, but in future? :)  

if its due to budget, are sageuks really that expensive to film? what about Empress Ki with more than 30 episode? DOTS even went abroad....

oh well.. tomorrows the ending so we can do nothing abt it..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, zi4r said:

You know the ranking of my sympathy/love for the characters this episode?

#1 WS/GJ

#2 JM (cuz he didn't do anything much at all)

#3 YH (yes, she ranks this high...... because I can stand "evil" more than I can stand "stupid")

#4 Won (he was kinda useful, after all)

Everyone else can flush themselves down the toilet. YOU'RE ALL DEAD TO ME!!! kill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377

P.S. Please, everyone....... Try not to take anything I say tonight too seriously.

Agree with you. All I can say is I hope Wang So and YH can live happily ever after. I hope they can rule Goryeo and have beautiful kids. They both deserved it because they have brains and actually use it. Unlike the idiotic moronic character I see in this episode. 

PS : same here. Please don't take this post seriously because I am still in my insane mode. 

• Like 15