[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I have a feeling that HS life just shorten even more when she saw CR burrito and her fights with WS causing more stress on her heart. and next episode with him asking her about her and Wook that will make her state go into depression and when she leaves, probably her life is shorten from 10 to 5 years 

Omg is that what we'll call her now?CR Buritto?:joy: I think I'll stay away from burittos for awhile...may remind me of the whole scene where CR gets beaten and then HaeSoo pushing WangSo away thereafter.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Aramyas said:

If she is found to be pregnant (by So of course) after she leaves with Jung, wouldn't that cause another misunderstanding?  I guess it could work considering the C-version.. 

edit @briseis

Hide contents

Where 14th gets tired of being spied on by people reporting everything back to 4th.  

In the C-Drama he creates a misunderstanding by making it appear that Rouxi (this would be Hae Soo) is now intimate with him.  This caused 4th to get mad and cancels the spying/reporting and ignores them until.... (the C-drama ending still is like a knife to the heart)

KG can conclude that HS didn't love him as much as she loved WW because WW beat him in the number of years they had a relationship, then for her to immediately "jump" to another man right after they broke off, I wouldn't be surprised. And when KG decides to sentence WW, she will beg him not to since she thinks he is only doing it to hurt her and WW, not knowing that it is also because of the poisoning.

What more if WH is discovered to be a spy? Another misunderstanding.LOL

WRITER-NIM, give us all the misunderstandings that can be fitted in 2 hours. We are all prepared because you trained us well in the past 18 episodes!

• Like 9

@ruizaio I can't agree that HS doesn't love WS, there was enough 'evidence' IMO.

Both have faults, HS lacks understanding and too idealistic, much was written about her so I won't elaborate; WS doesn't share much with HS regarding his decisions. He talks to her about his worries but not about his plans or motives. How he didn't want to give explanations regarding marriage to little princess, leaving for north capital, throne struggle. Even in palace after they are settled as a couple he tries to mask his worries with smiles and never shares a word. In this ep. as well he doesn't approach her twice during wedding night, and I can imagine how long and hurtful was that night for HS.. Maybe he thinks he protects her but that's only his thoughts! What happens is it seems now he wants her as a lovely bird in a golden cage, waiting for him and him only and telling him she understands anything he does. Any attention to other person or thing is met with suspicion. WS's childhood trauma is really deep and multidimensional, he has such high expectations about setting happy family, my heart is broken that he won't be able to get this...

Also they are from different times and have different moral values which is very hard to overcome or get used to. It became apparent to me in the scene when HS accuses WS of killing CR cruelly. I was impressed and startled when she suddenly started shouting at him in informal language (first time in the drama), which indicated how deep her emotional pain was and how frustrated she was seeing the closest person acting in the way she cannot accept. Maybe from her perspective she was waiting for smth like Sorry it hurted you so much but there was no other way. All this is immensely sad.

• Like 24

I believe that there are many things we've all learned from this drama. But, one thing I'm definitely sure learning now is LJG acting is DAEBAK! Of course having a handsome face is an added bonus! Can I say that his acting skill surpass the other so-called A-list actor in Korea? Or... is he already in the A-list? Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I don't have knowledge about this. 

• Like 20

I bet the Dead Bird has something to do with Yeon Hwa turning on her Brother. And soon Wook will turn on her to save his own life. But the Truth comes out sooner or later, let it be sooner for our star-crossed Lovers.

Also, I wonder what HaeSoo was planning on doing with all those copies of the poem? 

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

She may think she loves him, but she doesn't trust him, and she's the one who seems to equate trust with love, so in my mind, she doesn't love him. She's the one fooling herself this time. She's so generous to others. She's so willing to understand where other people come from and embrace their shortcomings. But when it comes to So, no, he's doomed to be a bloody tyrant and she can't accept any of that. Of course, this is only my interpretation.

that's just so weird if she was fooling herself. she understands and kind to him too if you rewatch the previous episodes... but well if that's what in your mind then   dunno-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Aramyas said:

@sosooyah19 she said that ..

but i mean not to wook at least.. but i guess in the preview she admitted that she was indeed accepted wook back then,,,, *sigh* my weak heart cant take it anymore, esp when WS said not to see her anymore... after all this time? WS seriously? its in the past? 0_0

• Like 9

2 hours ago, glacial said:

so many people here are blinded by WS's hotness and like him so much that everything is HS's fault if the ship sinks. lmao :sweatingbullets:

2 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

She may think she loves him, but she doesn't trust him, and she's the one who seems to equate trust with love, so in my mind, she doesn't love him. She's the one fooling herself this time. She's so generous to others. She's so willing to understand where other people come from and embrace their shortcomings. But when it comes to So, no, he's doomed to be a bloody tyrant and she can't accept any of that. Of course, this is only my interpretation.

YEAH I'm guilty I know~  But I think it's more his vulnerable character and his steadfast love for HS that makes me side with him.  He has suffered so much and has never been shown love so it's easier for me to forgive his shortcomings and understand that he doesn't know how to deal with situations.  He was born in an age of death, where his father went to war to win the throne and you either married or killed to get rid of threats and he's always had to kill to just survive.  I can't really hold it against him.  

But for HS, she has adjusted in many ways I think to Goryeo (I thought she was going to give him grief about YH honestly) but I don't think she fully understands WS or tried to in the recent episodes.  To understand that as king, he can't just let things slide because it's a sign of weakness.  That at the end of the day, everything he does is so they can be together and this war between families can stop (which is a little naive on his part), even if it's not the best way to do it, the genuine intention is there.  What happened to the HS who watched him throw the prayer stones and when he said "I killed someone" and replied "tell me why" rather than being scared?  She just got mad at WS about CR but didn't try to understand why or where he was coming from but she was quick to excuse CR's betrayal "she was born a slave".   In that sense, I have to agree with ruizaio.  I think her predisposition to KG's history makes her loyalty and love for WS a little less appealing because she has always subconsciously feared him.

It's a little late in the game for WS to get mad at HS for her relationship with Wook but I can understand it too.  She had promised herself, her heart, to another man, the same man who recommended he be exiled while WM was King, poisoned his brother, used CR to betray HS, co-erce him into marriage with YH and still threatens his command and seat as king.  If it were anyone else, I don't think he'd be this upset (maybe BA).  I don't think it's fair to compare this to his marriage with YH.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

KG can conclude that HS didn't love him as much as she loved WW because WW beat him in the number of years they had a relationship, then for her to immediately "jump" to another man right after they broke off, I wouldn't be surprised. And when KG decides to sentence WW, she will beg him not to since she thinks he is only doing it to hurt her and WW, not knowing that it is also because of the poisoning.

she didnt jump immediately.. she was actually telling him to stay away from her... its just that Soo was not honest in fear of WS killing WW (i just dont thing WS could do that...) and so she wont complicate the already complicated relations of WS to his brothers.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Akiddo said:

Has anyone of you watched a kdrama and reacted the same way before? This is the last time I am watching a drama live. It has destroyed my daily life! But I cannot let go. I will endure till next Tuesday.

Ep 18 is hard to rewatch. We have body count in almost every episode since ep 5. It is tiring and depressing.

Good stuff: couple date. OTP looked so lovely together especially when he hugged her from behind and planted a kiss on her cheek. 

Sad stuff: HS telling So that she was alright with not marrying him. They were both not ok - neither were we. So's longing for motherly love never stopped. I wasn't sure if Queen Yoo was trying to touch or scratch his face. Oh well - just assume she caressed his face.

Bad stuff: Jung's facial hair is magnified on TV. Awful. He needs facial wax asap. 

Soo and her departure: Many are hopping mad. Some  mad with Soo, some mad with So.

In one of my earlier posts - I mentioned about love changes over time.  Soo is still Soo. But the rest of her world is changing. Gwangjong is no longer the So she knows. Chae Ryeong was also one of her first friends in Goryeo. The first few people that she met when she was first transported to Goryeo are no longer around - Lady Hae, CR, Eun...how many deaths can one take in a span of 10 years? I am afraid I can't take even a death of a loved one every 10 years - what more one almost every year or every other year for Soo? She witnessed the deaths of Lady Hae, CR, Eun, Soon Deok, Lady Oh (she didn't see the hanging but it was bad enough), King Taejo, CP Mu, Prince Yo...did I miss out anyone? 

I will give Hae Soo a break. I don't agree with everything she does - but I can understand. So is angry but at least he already knew there was someone before him. His ego is terribly bruised and he is hurt by Soo's misunderstanding of his actions. 

Her heart has weakened significantly - starting with the decision to let So marry YH. I am not sure how long Soo stood at the praying rocks on the wedding day but she was there from day till night - thus CR brought her the pillow or warmer for her aching legs.  Every step So makes that she doesn't agree with weakens her further. Jung's exile, refusal to let Jung see his mother, So's anger and sadness...the list goes on. CR's death is the first nail into Soo's coffin (CR's death inevitable in my opinion - not that cruel compared to steaming! She was chirpy even in her death letter. Duh!) 

If So misses the opportunity to say his final good bye to Soo - that will complete the cycle of pain for this ill fated couple. I am as tired as Soo. Had she known so much could happen - she should have either died when she cut her wrist or marry King Taejo in ep 6. Had I known, I wouldn't have started this painful love affair with MLSHR. (I didn't watch BBJX live so that doesn't count.)

I am too tired. Sleep beckons. 

Thank you for your post, it describes my feelings exactly, from the beginning until the end. I haven't seen the episode yet but I've read the recaps, I knew we were headed for the demise, I even wrote today that the sweet scenes between WS and HS this episode will be the last ones but of course seeing it happen pains us still. 

As I said in my previous posts here, I hoped they wouldn't infect WS with the curse of the throne, everyone gets mad when they take it upon themselves to ascend it. I understand the burden of it, the responsibility that comes with it but this is a drama and character development and motivation is important. Yes, WS always had this rough side of character, he was never a saint but to be so ruthless so suddenly seems out of character and what have been portrayed of him for quite some episodes now, I understand some of his decisions, he has to solidify his position as the king and make it known no one will take him lightly, departing myself from my modern sensibilities and understanding that this is a 10th century Goreyo I even can understand the methods used for torturing and punishing the traitors but still I cannot help and see that it is all happening all too soon and without the opportunity to grasp everything. What happened to all that progress WS has shown until now, I always said that it shouldn't matter that it was WW the one she loved but I also knew they would make it a conflict between them. I hate it when things happen just for the dramatic and shock effect of it, there should be a reason to why things happen and why they change, plot wise and character wise.  

Now, about HS, as you perfectly said it, I also don't agree with everything she does but I can understand her, she cannot change, she is who she is, she will always see the best in people and make excuses for them, she has been through so much loss and pain, she is ill, the man she loves married someone else, so I also will give her a break because it's not fair to put all the blame on her. Although it makes me sad to say it but she truly has no place in the palace, in the meaning that someone like her will be broken easily and would have to be in constant vigilance, she is simply too good and soft and won't survive it and it's been proven for years of her being there. It also pains me to see so many people commenting, saying it would be better if she just died in order for her to not feel pain anymore and maybe if they choose that route for her to get back in the future. Isn't it this a clear indication of how much we identify and understand her pain? 

It will be very sad to see HS die and WS not getting to say his goodbye because of his bruised ego, maybe I am too cruel but if he will let her go just because of WW and ignore her then he will deserve not getting his goodbye. Which even writing it makes me angry because the WS we have come to know and love would not do that, he loved her when she rejected him for years so it makes me mad if they make him act this way.

And to answer your question if I ever reacted like this to a k-drama I have to say, no, never. I have watched k-dramas as most of us, some I've liked a lot, some I've only watched for the fun of it but never was I attached to them like with MLSHR. When I started watching it I knew nothing, just happened to see on my fb feed the clip when WS tells HS in the first episodes "don't ever appear before me again" and her responding "why did I do?, is a crime to want to live?" and I liked the intensity of the scene so much I decided to give it a try, it is actually my first saeguk drama and so here I am. I don't regret it but had I known as you said it would be so heart wrenching maybe I would have let it end and watch it all at once, maybe then it would feel less painful and sad, but now it's too late and just for the experience of being here and sharing it with our amazing thread members and getting to know LJG and IU and others was definitely worth it.  

It's only 2 more episodes and it will end, it's been one hell of a ride gals but I still loved it with all it's ups and downs, not every drama has to be filled with flowers and happy endings, we knew what we were doing when we decided to continue watching it and I know we still cling to the hope that somehow, somewhere we will see our OTP get together but even if it doesn't happen don't be too sad, it's the way of the world.

Love you all and sorry for the long post.

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, imaginary24 said:

I believe that there are many things we've all learned from this drama. But, one thing I'm definitely sure learning now is LJG acting is DAEBAK! Of course having a handsome face is an added bonus! Can I say that his acting skill surpass the other so-called A-list actor in Korea? Or... he already in the A-list? Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I don't have knowledge about this. 

he's already an A-list and a hallyu star back when he did "King and Clown",,,

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

Sorry to cut your post short - I wholeheartedly agree: GIVE US PROOF THAT THE WIND DIDNT BLOW OUT THAT CANDLE PLS! I dont care anymore if the baby gets to live, at least show us the proof that So hit a home run with Soo at one point in his lifetime! 
I'm also completely DONE with them if So sleeps with YH while Soo is still alive.  Like Court Lady Burrito done.

One simply does not get pregnant from having sex once. (though that can happen sometimes)

The good news is that the wind blowing out the candle is a solid proof that So definitely hit a home run with Soo. Because that's standard drama convention to indicate a sex scene due to inability to show it on screen. (other conventions being: a petal falling from a flower, lightning striking, camera panning elsewhere while OTP fades out kissing and falling onto the bed).

Ehem. And notice Soo had one layer of clothes missing as she lies beside So.

• Like 20

So I've just been sucked into the Scarlet Heart Ryeo world from all the ads I've seen on Facebook! I pride myself on my self control but what should have been 1 hour of my life turned into 8!...then the next day, I missed my classes to completely catch up! Seriously, what is wrong with me?!!?! Is this normal?!

anyway, I see lots of hate on Hae Soo and I just want to know why?!?! Maybe it's because I've watched 17 episodes in 2 days..granted she's not the smartest person to be sent back....but a lot of what wang so did to her in the beginning (the scene where he tells the assassin to kill her, the multiple times he choked her, when she made the choice to enter the palace so no one would be killed and Prince So was like "whatever...she made her choice...bye," after the birthday scene when he tells her he hates the way she looks at him, when Prince So stayed mad at her for looking at him without his mask on but forgave everyone else).....when he was still mad at her and ignoring her during the time of the rain ceremony scene and she still helped him cover his scar!!!!!......all those scenes are still fresh in my mind.

I can totally see why she took a long time to fall for prince so...the fact the he treated her so cruelly and she was still kind to him... willing to help him was probably what made him fall in love with her in the first place...Maybe we, as the audience can see his feelings and intentions, but she couldn't (too busy trying to survive in Goryeo?).

In her eyes, he went from disliking her to all but claiming her his in span of a day!..(plus wook is mad handsome and he was super nice to her...at first anyway:(......She wasn't going to just fall into So's arms....

I love Prince So....MY GOD, I love that man.....but did everyone just forget how he treated her in the beginning? He MORE than made up for it in the middle but it's so devastating to see him treating her coldly again in the next episode:(

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

We are near an iceberg worst than the one of titanic! :sweatingbullets: I decided to sink with the ship while playing a violin. I will die with honor. Here for us to practice:  

Hide contents

:lol:

I swear LOL reading your post! HAHAHA

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, eunki said:

@ruizaio I can't agree that HS doesn't love WS, there was enough 'evidence' IMO.

Both have faults, HS lacks understanding and too idealistic, much was written about her so I won't elaborate; WS doesn't share much with HS regarding his decisions. He talks to her about his worries but not about his plans or motives. How he didn't want to give explanations regarding marriage to little princess, leaving for north capital, throne struggle. Even in palace after they are settled as a couple he tries to mask his worries with smiles and never shares a word. In this ep. as well he doesn't approach her twice during wedding night, and I can imagine how long and hurtful was that night for HS.. Maybe he thinks he protects her but that's only his thoughts! What happens is it seems now he wants her as a lovely bird in a golden cage, waiting for him and him only and telling him she understands anything he does. Any attention to other person or thing is met with suspicion. WS's childhood trauma is really deep and multidimensional, he has such high expectations about setting happy family, my heart is broken that he won't be able to get this...

Also they are from different times and have different moral values which is very hard to overcome or get used to. It became apparent to me in the scene when HS accuses WS of killing CR cruelly. I was impressed and startled when she suddenly started shouting at him in informal language (first time in the drama), which indicated how deep her emotional pain was and how frustrated she was seeing the closest person acting in the way she cannot accept. All this is immensely sad.

WS after all was left alone by his own family at an early age and the adoptive family was no help at all, thats why he was so multifaceted... aside being burdened by the throne.. either he sits and protect it or become a dog and die for someone else.. HS on the other hand cannot live with the politics of the palace, now that a new queen sits beside the throne, knowing YH, she wont just be a wallpaper.. Both misunderstand since circumstances began to affect them..
but yeah, CR beat up scene is cruel, even with all the reasons presented... they could have tortured her and jailed her but not like a burrito...

• Like 13

I think the look in his eyes betrays, the wolf dog cleans just his cave of rats. That's why he said he must be a monster for Hae Soo now. But I think this is tactical calculation. Of course Gwangjong Wook will suffer for it. For his inability. I think suffering will be worse than death for Wook. Wook is perhaps now cornered us finally reveals Yeon Hwas lousy play.
  • Like 6