[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Nobody can truly understand what it is like to be sitting on the throne unless you are there!!  This is the part where Wang So did not get it despite the warning from his friend, the astronomic guy.  It is the position that may force you to throw away the person who you love the most.... Just like King Taejo had his only love, the Head lady of Damiwon, executed.

The same with Hae Soo. She is not totally prepared for Wang So's changes after he has become the King, despite the fact that she has witnessed so many of those situations with the past 3 Kings she had served.

I am getting to feel that this drama is going to end in tears judging from the atmosphere this week's episodes are showing. 

:(

• Like 17

Past midnight. I should be sleeping coz need to wake up early to prepare for tomorrow, but I'm so wide awake. 2 scenes I want to mention before I zzzz.

One was YH is starting to show fear of WS. Notice her reaction in QY's room when WS entered and announced that he will tend to his mother himself and no one is to enter the room without his permission. Then again when WS offered the deal to betray her clan.

Another one was a heart-breaker. The dying QY was reaching her hand out to WS's face (yeah we don't know whether to caress or to scratch/slap him) but apparently WS interpreted it as to caress his face, but sadly before her hand touched his face, she breathed her last and the hand dropped, which was swiftly caught by poor WS and he had to bring the hand to his face himself because of the longing of a mother's touch. :bawling: My heart breaks for him again....

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, am420 said:

I have been guilty of forgiving WS some things because Joon Gi's face is so perfect, but I think that they are both equally responsible for the ship sinking. These two would have benefited from some open honest conversation. GwangJong should have confided in her about the problems that he was having consolidating his power and she should have told him the truth about how she was feeling and how the decisions that he was making affected her. They didn't talk about anything, him trying to shoulder the burden of being king by himself and her still trying to keep the peace made things worse. 

They both stupid, that is all I can say.

Gwangjong want to punish CR, that is fine. But can you at least tell your girl first before the killing?

"Just so you know, your friend murdered my brother, the second king. I have to kill her because apparently you can't kill the king all you want. Can you at least make new friend?"

Something like that

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Silvermaine said:

I'm not even going to deny it lol. But you have to admit, a lot of Hae Soo's actions have directly or indirectly caused a number of heartaches in this drama. 

It's true...lots of headaches. :lol: But I hope we all can see the 2 sides of the coin based on the situation that is happening now, not in what the old Wang So has did for her in the past. 

• Like 10

11 hours ago, may6 said:

I don't know what so wrong about wanting to keep your wealth and power and passed on to your offsprings...that is just human nature... that as a personal note and as  a king ... it is the duty of a king to procreate and provide an heir...people in those times tend to die early...diseases,way of life so many causes...if a king was not to have children he most likely will be overthrown and thought little of by his people...we are talking about the middle ages ,the federal system and what was expected of monarchs ...and it was a things that it was  universally practiced...all over Europe the monarchy interchanged wives...sisters and cousins...to keep the control within  small fraction of the powerful few ...Henry the 8 was one who went crazy for a male heir thus he saw ways to not only indulge himself in the company of women but to obtain his male heir...WS and HY had 2 boys...one died at a young age and 3 girls ...so obviously  the pressure from a male heir....and again how many people marry for love in the monarchy..you think a girl from Austria (marie Antoinette ) or a girl from prussia like Katherine the great and so many others were willing to marry their partners because they were so in love  with them...these were girls that were taken from a very early age to leave their costume, language, and basically everything they had known thus far...in order to enter  these political marriages , where they were no more than property and could say no to nothing ...in the early formation of Spain as a country isabella of castilla married fernando of Aragon  to consolidate their power within the peninsula and drive the arabs out ...these women had no saying... everything had to be yes..yes to cheating, yes to abuse,yes to child like husbands( even when they were the older ones) yes to child brides...yes to bed the person even if you don't like him,  or find him repulsive and can't even communicate... eternal true love might not exist..., but it does...it is something you make on the way ...not the ideal aspiration of love.. that you may find on books, dramas ( although they entertain us) and disney per se ...it is the practical imperfect love that makes it true  ... because love requires work and compromise ... it is bound to bring forward disagreements and swim in disappointments ....love is just as imperfect  as we are ....and there are many forms  and many ways to love a person...that is what love is for me and how i have  understood it over the years.. i guess what i'm trying to say is that ,the essence  of love is a constant in our lives  and that will never change ,in that aspect love is eternal ...what changes is how we live it ,because for it to be true ,it only has to be sincere ...my point is ,that even if you experience a bad break up , despite the bitterness of the after effect( that is if there is one) there had to be a time were you were sincere and in that form, love was eternal ,because you willingly give the best of you to the other person...when this is not done ...then there was no love to begin with..  this is how i picture WS and YH ...when you don't give that vulnerable part of yourself to the other...then there cannot be a bond that  will have a physical and intellectual level of gratification...and someone is bound to get hurt...i know people that grief for years and years ... they say they can never experience that bond  again no matter how hard they try ... I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, or sell my idea,  and if i offended anyone then i apologize...is just that i wanted to give my 2 cents on this...firstly because we cannot always be so rationally , I give it to you as it is...   about matters of love ...because truly love is an experience  and it cannot be judge in black and white ..there are gray areas..we cannot be cynical either  ...there is love...is not like you enter into a relationship telling the other person that hey...love doesn't exist ...so don't expect that from me...and secondly to obviously  point out that you do not need love in order to have a sexual encounter ...and there are many ways in which this can happen...we have appetites physical pleasure is one of them...you cannot expect a guy and girl ...yes to live in complete celibacy ...unless you make a religious  vote and even then is questionable ( with all the things that occur in churches ) he could be drank ...she could seduce him...HS won't be there and his pain is far too great...plus he has a duty to fulfill...i will leave it here because by now i think i wrote a lot...have a great everyone or night ....it all depends on your side of the world....:)

You are missing the point..

There is nothing wrong.. and we are not even debating if WS loves HS or not..

The thing I am trying to point out is... that WS has feelings for YH too.. and that can't be denied.. so the rosy statements of she didn't have his heart has absolutely no evidence or anything to base it on..

Essentially HS does not remain the only woman in his life..and that makes the love a little short of being EPIC only one woman love story

( kids is the logic that everyone is giving.. i accept it.. but why 5/6 kids??? How do you decide on the number.. If your ojective or rationale is to have baby for the empire..then have 1 or 2.. moreover he should know better than others how even real brothers fight for the throne... So being with YH only for the kids is not a very stable argument..... its more than that.. he accepts her as his queen..moreover accepts her as his WIFE... and feels responsible to that.. that's a b'ful committment from his end)

• Like 5

Wang So gets the throne but not the girl... Yeonhwa gets the crown but not real love...

Poor Wang So it looks like everyone he cherish leaves:( no wonder he became so cold. Looks like Chaeryung was the nail in the coffin for So & Haesoo's love...:mellow: 

IDK why but I found Woohee's shocked expression during that scene with Chaeryung to be hilarious! She just looks so constipated LoL:lol:   

• Like 9

1 hour ago, redfrommars said:

1ST OF ALL, I SWEAR I WAS F***ING NEAR ON DESTROYING MY LAPTOP AT THAT MASK YH AND DRUNK SO SCENE!!!!  hate onion head

So... we have Su wanting to leave the palace and in the preview So don't want to see Su ever again?   oh onion head

WRITERNIMM I WAS PRAISING YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL CHARACTERIZATIONS AND THE STORY BUT WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED??!!!!

WHERE IS THE SO WHO SAID "I WILL NEVER LET YOU GO" AND THE SU WHO SAID "YOU HAVE ME, I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU"?

WHY THE HELL DID YOU DEVELOP THEIR COMPASSIONATE LOVE FOR EACH OTHER IN 17 EPISODES ONLY TO BREAK IT IN 1 EPISODE OF A DEAD (TRAITOR BAD) FRIEND AND A RELATIONSHIP WHERE SU WAS ALWAYS UNSURE AND HAS SUNK MANY YEARS AGO??  kicked2 onion head

DIRECTORNIMM, PDNIMM, EDITORNIMM, DID YOU EVEN HAVE ANY PLAN IN USING THIS?

Hide contents

HOPE0_zpsd1kxfjig.jpg

AND WHAT ABOUT THIS?

Hide contents

HOPE1_zpshtwbklwp.jpg

IS THIS JUST ONE OF YOUR PROMOTION AND ADVERTISEMENT?

AND FINALLY...

HOPE5_zps4hqqwoe8.jpg

HOPE6_zpsvymftegx.jpg

HEALING?? HAPPINESS?? ALL I RECEIVE ARE ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, STRESS AND BROKEN HEARTS.  bleeding onion head

IF YH WILL NOT GET THE KARMA SHE DESERVES BEFORE THE SERIES END AND IF SO WILL CONSUMMATE WITH HER AND HAVE LOTS OF KIDS AND IF THE ENDING IS NOT SATISFYING, I MIGHT WANT TO HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS FOR THE DVD UNCUT VERSION. I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS!!  nonono onion head

SERIOUSLY!! OUR SOSOO BABIES DESERVE ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD AND WE ECLIPSES DESERVE THE HEALING AND HAPPINESS LJK MENTION!!!!  desperate2 onion head

Please don't make me regret watching this. I've never been so in love, desperate and devoted for a drama and OTP before... DRAMAGODS DO SOMETHING!!!!  wait onion head

i just can't cut anything... i feel you... :bawling:

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, fidda868 said:

I wish i could catch those million of stars up there and give it to LJG for his outstanding acting in this drama!!! :lol: 

LJG shiii..if you happened to read this..you deserved to have this stars..:wub: 

Can we buy a new star and named it as Lee Joon Gi? :P

Hide contents

maxresdefault.jpg

Beautiful!

If you stare long enough in the middle of the pic, you will see two figures holding each other. One with a distinct robe, another with a ponytail hair. Can we imagine them WS and HS?

• Like 10

Lol LJG might have been shooting a different drama because I don't know what is talking about. This is not an happy drama.  Still love it though, but bro! People die in every single episode now. I see that Wook is next! Great! Get them, So! I can't wait to go home and watch it with subs. :)

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, minibunny said:

Hi all.. I usually just silent reader here but after watch ep 18 and read many posts here.. I can't hold it anymore..

I don't understand why many people blame HS in this matter.. I understand why HS being like that, she's from 21 century, things in the future handled differently than in goryeo..

1. HS cannot be queen. YH family has the upper hand and HS can't or not allowed to change the future.. it's killing her to reject WS.. and if she forces their marriage, WS will face more hardship in politics.. she has to do that..

2. I understand why WS are so angry and hold grudge against his mother.. I understand he wants her for himself.. but he cannot force HS to be on his side, because in HS mind, it's not the right things to do, didn't allow his brother to see his mother.. jung just wants to see his mother before she died

3. Despite everything CR had done.. CR is HS first friend, she treats her just like her own sister.. and it's normal for HS to have that reaction after seeing CR being hit like an animal.. yes she's blind by her first love but remember she also just a slave, she didn't has the power to say no.. at least gave HS chance to talk to her.. 

All I want to say, just gave HS a break.. she and WS are from different periods, the way their mind think are different.. and because WS is a king now, he became so busy, and eventually time for them to be together have been reduced.. this cause many miss understanding..

I didn't get why HS mentioned that she was a slave. Wook had freed CR from slavery so she could enter Damiwon. And, if CR had told HS the truth, wouldn't HS have helped her? She chooses to help Won and slowly kill MU and causing his insanity. I think slowly killing someone through repeated poisonings is way worse than if CR had just poisoned his tea or another method that would have resulted in a quick death.

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, briseis said:

This post is so on point... (And it made me crack up big time) I haven't watched episode 17 or 18 yet but at this point I don't want to watch it because of what I heard from everyone's post :(

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

( kids is the logic that everyone is giving.. i accept it.. but why 5/6 kids??? How do you decide on the number.. If your ojective or rationale is to have baby for the empire..then have 1 or 2.. moreover he should know better than others how even real brothers fight for the throne... So being with YH only for the kids is not a very stable argument..... its more than that.. he accepts her as his queen..moreover accepts her as his WIFE... and feels responsible to that.. that's a b'ful committment from his end)

I can't remember exactly but someone shared here that the 5 kids are 3 daughters and 2 sons. With only 2 sons, it's probably not enough to ensure the security of the throne, since mortality rate was high during that period.

• Like 7