[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, Aramyas said:

I think I may have a solid reason on why King So/WS/GJ gets enraged over Soo & Wook having a relationship in the past.

Soo ACCEPTED Wook's proposal. They made a promise.

Soo NEVER accepted a single proposal of King So/GJ. She only vowed to stay by his side and comfort him. 

My earlier post got me thinking more so I've made a little list of possible reason our Wang So blows up in anger at the finally revealed relationship between one Wang Wook & one Hae Soo

1) As stated above Soo had accepted Wook proposal before but never accepted So proposal. (She may not have told Wook to his face "yes" but came damn close to. She said "yes" when speaking to Court Lady Oh.) And it very may well be IMPLIED that she fully accepted when the reveal happens. How is So to know otherwise?

2) Wook cornered So with the marriage to YW (taking away his dream of being happy and ruling with his lover as his queen)

3) Back in the beginning when So first thought of Soo as "his" after saving her from a beating, Wook showed up and said the equivalent of "No, she is MINE"

4)  Hell for the many times he's made a guess on who her previous love was and she never said who.

5) Soo asking for leniency on Wook during the Yo/ Wook 1st rebellion

6) The fact that Wook didn't help Soo when she was in the jail being tortured after So gave him the information he needed.

7) His suspicions with Wook regarding the poisoning/downfall of Mu. He doesnt trust him but seemed to tolerate it for Soo. Don't get me wrong, So still looked for evidence & if he found any I just know he would act on it.

----------

About the So & Soo date proposal... Her wanting So to propose to her seemed like her wanting one dream to at least come true even though she "had" to decline. It reminded me of the boat date in reverse, they meet up but one of them can't act or say what they want to because of an ultimate decision they made. Another parallel would be the preview for each. SBS showing us something that promises to be all we want for them and it ending up to be so bittersweet.  

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, jjingjjang said:

she does love him, remember ep 16? she waited 2 years when WS decided to "throw" her away for the throne (refer WS, BA and JM conversation with general park), and then they got together again when she went to nurse him..

She may think she loves him, but she doesn't trust him, and she's the one who seems to equate trust with love, so in my mind, she doesn't love him. She's the one fooling herself this time. She's so generous to others. She's so willing to understand where other people come from and embrace their shortcomings. But when it comes to So, no, he's doomed to be a bloody tyrant and she can't accept any of that. Of course, this is only my interpretation.

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Sorry but IU cuts were taken from Producer. I don't know from which drama JoonGi cuts were taken. Plus the giveaway is his cheeks compared to WS'.

Goddammit. Thanks for the fact check though. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Aramyas said:

My earlier post got me thinking more so I've made a little list of possible reason our Wang So blows up in anger at the finally revealed relationship between one Wang Wook & one Hae Soo

1) As stated above Soo had accepted Wook proposal before but never accepted So proposal. (She may not have told Wook to his face "yes" but came damn close to. She said "yes" when speaking to Court Lady Oh.) And it very may well be IMPLIED that she fully accepted when the reveal happens. How is So to know otherwise?

2) Wook cornered So with the marriage to YW (taking away his dream of being happy and ruling with his lover as his queen)

3) Back in the beginning when So first thought of Soo as "his" after saving her from a beating, Wook showed up and said the equivalent of "No, she is MINE"

4)  Hell for the many times he's made a guess on who her previous love was and she never said who.

5) Soo asking for leniency on Wook during the Yo/ Wook 1st rebellion

6) The fact that Wook didn't help Soo when she was in the jail being tortured after So gave him the information he needed.

7) His suspicions with Wook regarding the poisoning/downfall of Mu. He doesnt trust him but seemed to tolerate it for Soo. Don't get me wrong, So still looked for evidence & if he found any I just know he would act on it.

----------

About the So & Soo date proposal... Her wanting So to propose to her seemed like her wanting one dream to at least come true even though she "had" to decline. It reminded me of the boat date in reverse, they meet up but one of them can't act or say what they want to because of an ultimate decision they made. Another parallel would be the preview for each. SBS showing us something that promises to be all we want for them and it ending up to be so bittersweet.  

did she accept? what i remember she was thinking to accept when she was debating with Sanggung.. oops sorry havent finished reading,,, im so stressed right now but i cant help watching them..

• Like 6

Some visual differences between the two versions that @ruizaio pointed out to me (thank you!):

1. After So sees Soo praying at the prayer tower on the night of his wedding, he returns, stands and hesitates at the door of a room, then leaves.

SBS version intercuts to Hae Soo sitting at the bed, while International version intercuts to Yeon Hwa waiting, still in her wedding finery. Different versions, indicating different rooms.

2. Their secret date at the market had more intimate So-Soo scenes in the SBS version, compared to the International, with them having fun hooking their little fingers and thumbs together, then So holding her hand.

• Like 21

If she is found to be pregnant (by So of course) after she leaves with Jung, wouldn't that cause another misunderstanding?  I guess it could work considering the C-version.. 

edit @briseis

Spoiler

Where 14th gets tired of being spied on by people reporting everything back to 4th.  

In the C-Drama he creates a misunderstanding by making it appear that Rouxi (this would be Hae Soo) is now intimate with him.  This caused 4th to get mad and cancels the spying/reporting and ignores them until.... (the C-drama ending still is like a knife to the heart)

• Like 12

i think i can predict that almost all episode 19 will be angst and likely Soo will leave palace in this episode...

20 is the wrapping up the drama so we got Soo dying , So will totally be like 4th as right now i can't see why Jung will ever let him know about Soo and just break down regret every single thing he said and done to Soo...

i wonder if they can make at least 30 minutes of modern part if there is one....

• Like 11

I'm kind of impressed that this show can successfully raise my hope each episode (I was so so hopeful when WS saw what he thought was HS under the mask waiting for him in his room) only to viciously drop it into abyss. Or, I'm just being really stupid for continuing to be hopeful. In the Chinese drama, from episode 2, the show constantly reminds the audience that the ending is fated to be tragic and I'm prepared to crying for the entire last 20% of C-drama, but Moon Lovers keeps giving me a sliver of hope. Argh.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

Sorry to cut your post short - I wholeheartedly agree: GIVE US PROOF THAT THE WIND DIDNT BLOW OUT THAT CANDLE PLS! I dont care anymore if the baby gets to live, at least show us the proof that So hit a home run with Soo at one point in his lifetime! 
I'm also completely DONE with them if So sleeps with YH while Soo is still alive.  Like Court Lady Burrito done.

i second that.. huhuhu

• Like 12

I have a feeling that HS life just shorten even more when she saw CR burrito and her fights with WS causing more stress on her heart. and next episode with him asking her about her and Wook that will make her state go into depression and when she leaves, probably her life is shorten from 10 to 5 years 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I have a feeling that HS life just shorten even more when she saw CR burrito and her fights with WS causing more stress on her heart. and next episode with him asking her about her and Wook that will make her state go into depression and when she leaves, probably her life is shorten from 10 to 5 years 

in BBJX from 10 to 5 when RX miscarriage and shorten to 8 month when she leaves 4th because she just give up with her life... so my take is Soo don't even survive the 1 year with Jung...

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, briseis said:

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 19 Preview

“From now on, I do not wish to ever see you again.” 

Everything is going to hell, to all 18 levels of it to be precise, including 18 episodes of Wang So’s character development, or at least it seems so from the preview for episode 19. The fact that WS would actually abandon Soo because he learns that she was “engaged” to Wook is just PLAIN BAD WRITING and it’s only ruining his character as such choice on his part makes no narrative sense whatsoever. 10 FREAKING years ago Soo had confessed to him that she loved someone else, he hadn’t minded then, 6 years ago he didn’t mind when she told him it wasn’t Jung, FOR 10 FREAKING YEARS HE HAVEN’T GIVEN A DAMN, SO WHY THE 18 HELLS SHOULD HE START NOW?! I think I will simply selectively forget that something like this will ever happpen.

The second thing is that HS’s whole past relationship with Wook is so ineffective as something that would inspire in So mad jealousy because it was so impotent and platonic from the very beginning. On the other hand, RX’s relationship with the 8th Prince in the novel/cdrama was a torrid affair and their trysts were much more physical and chemistry-charged than her encounters with the 4th Prince (they even made-out on a dirty ground!).And there is HS WHO NEVER EVEN KISSED WOOK! SO’S BEEN HER FIRST KISS, HER FIRST LOVER, HER FIRST EVERYTHING. Plus in all those 18 episodes, HE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN JEALOUS BEFORE! The writer has changed the story so much, but most of all she has CHANGED THE CHARACTERS WHO ARE DIAMETRICAL OPPOSITES TO THE ONES IN THE NOVEL, PARTICULARLY SO. Now it appears, that she will be transplating Yinzhen’s brain into So’s head in the last 2 episodes and that simply IS NOT RIGHT, HE DESERVES BETTER.

Now, WHERE IS MY MISCARRIAGE PLOT?! This show made me into such a masochist THAT I SIMPLY NEED THAT MISCARRIAGE PLOT! 

By the way if So sleeps with YH before HS’S death, IN THAT MOMENT THIS DRAMA WILL BE OFFICIALLY OVER FOR ME! Because this would be another thing that would go against 18 episodes of character development, and So would never do that. Come one, show, Queen Daemok didn’t get pregnant until 955, there is still enough time for So to die way before THAT!

But perhaps, this is another one in the series of misleading previews and this all is just a huge misunderstanding (please, drama gods!).

EXACTLY. The writers got lazy: "We must write in a major crisis for OTP before the finale because all dramas have one but we only have 2 episodes left! (scratches head) Let's just cut and paste from the novel / C-drama because our drama is adapted from it."

Me: (hits head) BUT the novel and C-drama version took so much time to develop that conflict and you only have 2 episodes left!

• Like 24

WTF ??? I really hate this drama! I'm depressed now but in the same time relieved because  HS will  be free from WS and WW. It's just an illusion that you can change someone like Lady Oh said before to HS. She don't belong to this area so it's for the best.

Finally WS and YH deserve each other !

I'll not cry for him later because he'll be lonely and regret letting go of HS.

:angry:

• Like 8