[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

13 hours ago, fengari said:

IU was the perfect match for  WS/LJG. Visually are the epitome of harmony and grace.And indeed, she was brave and confident enough enough to take the project :imo,  LJG outshined all his partners (with the exception of Shin Min-ah maybe)  untill now.Furthermore, IU presence was a plus for WS´s charm: they were like the visualisation of  a "perfect pitch" together. :)

Completely agree, although IU acting is not impressive at first, but I really can't imagine if Hae Soo was acted by other actress and I can't think of other actress who is suitable for this role. Hae Soo character need look youthful and mature as well. Hwang Jung Eum was rumored to play Hae Soo character, I think she look too mature for young Hae Soo on earlier episode,

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

Completely agree, although IU acting is not impressive at first, but I really can't imagine if Hae Soo was acted by other actress and I can't think of other actress who is suitable for this role. Hae Soo character need look youthful and mature as well. Hwang Jung Eum was rumored to play Hae Soo character, I think she look too mature for young Hae Soo on earlier episode,

HJE, thankfully she wasn't casted. That girl from Oh Hae Young would I think be better than HJE.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, shamael said:

As far as I can tell, the timeline was all over the place in the second part of the finale - in both version.

WS & HS's daughter is supposed to be born around 952.

Queen Heonjung was born around 966. Wang Chi, her brother, was born in 960. So, when WW speaks about "the children" it is supposed to be around 969 for he died in 969 - BA's visit happens around his time of death - and the girl is not a baby.

The problem is it is referred to Ju's birthday in two instances in the international version and, as there is no sense of time in visual narration, our brain automatically links the two to create the timeline. So we assume - really it is totally normal - it is the same moment in time as it should be but if it is then WS & HS's daughter should be around 17 and GJ 44, but at the time YH speaks of the reforms as if it is something on going or at least quite new which would put it around 960.

And we should not forget that the actual Baek Ah, whose precise birthdate is unknown, is estimated to  have been born somehwere between 936 to 943.(King Taejo  married Baek Ah´mother in 935, and he died in 943). So, the whole existence of  our"  Baek Ah is a product of  creative liberty. And probably the same liberty was applied to  his bride-to-be.

• Like 6

I am highly grateful that HJE was not cast as Hae Soo, her acting is..too erratic and exuberant to depict the quiet resilience of Hae Soo in later episodes, although I will concede that she would have been suitable for younger and optimistic Hae Soo. 

IU diminutive stature and the fragile quality to her beauty wonderfully obscured Hae Soo's strength and fortitude. She was the perfect feminine harmony to the surprising but all consuming masculinity that LGK exuded as Wang So. 

• Like 20

I dont know how people watch joseon era kdramas, i for one cant handle the hat and puffy clothes the men have to wear. Thats really annoying cause i really want to watch ljg other sagueks and so far i was only able to watch ilijimae but not arang or scholar. If he does do more sagueks i would prefer it if they were goryeo era but his modern drama two weeks is so good, the only thing i re-watched after MLSHR.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, shamael said:

As far as I can tell, the timeline was all over the place in the second part of the finale - in both version.

Queen Heonjung was born around 966. Wang Chi, her brother, was born in 960. So, when WW speaks about "the children" it is supposed to be around 969 for he died in 969 - BA's visit happens around his time of death - and the girl is not a baby.

The problem is it is referred to Ju's birthday in two instances in the international version and, as there is no sense of time in visual narration, our brain automatically links the two to create the timeline. So we assume - really it is totally normal - it is the same moment in time as it should be but if it is then WS & HS's daughter should be around 17 and GJ 44, but at the time YH speaks of the reforms as if it is something on going or at least quite new which would put it around 960.

Yes, the timeline is really hard to follow.

The scene with wook, baek ah, and little girl appeared before wang so met his daughter. So, I just assumed it happened at the same year or even much earlier than time with wang so and his daughter.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, penforella said:

Guys on episode 17 So asked Soo to tell him a story, then he said "We're nowhere near a thousand yet." Is that in reference to 1001 arabian nights/stories? Does anyone know?

yes!or  at least, I think so :). I was about to write about this something baroque ;) like "intertextuality in MLSHR"-but, thank gods I am too lazy, so I am glad that you mentioned it.  So, yes I think it is a reference to the 1001 nights. And if it is so, then it is a common element of the two  eras/worlds (Ws world  and Hs world).
The story-fairytale of Secherazade  (who marries the hurted/emotionally scarred King in order to save the girls, and postpones her own execution  with  stories succeeding  in the end to heal emotionally the king) was known in Asia  already in  6th century. This story was the frame for a collection of fairytales. In the form of "1001 nights" it is product of the modern world (i think 18th century when Galland gathered the stories) 

• Like 14

7 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

Moonlovers, chingus, like I promised here's Book II of Escape From the Palace. Things will not be what you expect b/c I'm an butth*le writer who does not like giving audiences what they want. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8474035/chapters/19416754

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12219889/1/

Aargh! you got me crying again :tears: my nose has already taken so much punishment from kleenex :lol: and you left it on a cliffhanger! I will wait for your next installment :) Comsamida !

• Like 5

7 hours ago, shinaabby said:

Im really hesitant to sign the petition... BBJQ (the second season of BBJX) killed it for me. I'm not trying to say that MLSHR will be the same, but rather I fear the possibility that the second season will disappoint us in some way... If they do end up making a second season, I'd still watch it to support the cast (& LJG) keke :3

I am not sure either but if they get a good writer, it could be a good romcom.  Imagine present day Soo taking So to task for having 5 children with that witch YH, and him defending himself against a 1000 yr old grudge from an ex-lover :w00t:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, bitofmadness said:

I just started watching the first episode of Entourage in hopes of curing this withdrawal syndrome and then....BAM...Kang Haneul's cameo 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_mg8ebp5eI51re752fo1_400.gif

And then I realised...wow the first 20 minutes of the show really reminded me of MLSHR's case and what might be happening behind the scenes (less dramatic of course) 

Reveal hidden contents

suspicion-gif.gif

Gosh this withdrawal syndrome is not going away anytime soon. Why can't I just move on? 

Reveal hidden contents

large.gif

I know what you mean. I watch one percent of something and I picture LJG and IU as the leads, then I watch K2 and the characters are so boring especially the damsel in distress lead, however I like the lead antagonist  or (anti-heroine?) not sure yet but I am drawn to her character because she reminds me of WS, vulnerable yet powerful. I will have to wait and see what happens. Bottom line is that every kdrama I watch now is compared with MLSHR :P

Those analytical posts that I love in this forum sure changed how I watch a show now. I hope future kdramas will have strong female characters in them like MLSHR because I can't go back to watching wishy washy damsel in distress characters anymore.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, shamael said:

I think they rushed the timeline to show that he didn't like his son and was cold to YH but I think it would have been better if they showed that she had no children yet and was anxious about it. Maybe, there should have been some inner thoughts that WS knew of the poisoning incident and gives her the cold shoulder, that would have been a more fitting ending for YH.

• Like 5