[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

On 10/19/2016 at 0:21 PM, ruizaio said:

The MLSHR complete edition release effort team has created a clip from episode 16 combining scenes from the domestic version and international version in order to promote the demand survey. I have added English subs, so be sure to click on the CC icon!

I can't open the video. It was block because of copyright ground. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, millie10468 said:

I'm back with the Question Challenge to play with while we try to hold on to life while waiting for Episode 17 (which might also be canceled thanks to the world's worst game ever Beating head against the wall animated emoticon )

1. Pick any character (doesn't have to be your favorite character) and identify ONE thing they did that you'd do differently in their position; or

2. Pick a character in the drama you'd WANT to be; and then pick the character you'd MOST LIKELY BE if you were in Goryeo (just know I'm side-eyeing all those who will say they'd most likely be Wang So...)

1. Chaeryung. I won't go with Poisoning King Mu. If Mu reigns longer then we have our OTP peaceful longer too. panda-emoticon-35.gif

2.It's gotta be Baek Ah.. I'm so envious of him that he is an active So-Soo shipper panda-emoticon-54.gif but I don't wanna be him, I want to be with him panda-emoticon-16.gif oh shoot this question is driving me crazy. Most Likely be? Uhmm.. I don't know if I have the guts like Ha Jin does, to survive in that scary 10th century-dark-period were killing is a form of living, treachery left and right.. bloods killing their own, innocent child getting abandoned :mellow: I bet I won't last a day or two :sweatingbullets: sooo I want to be stars or the night sky.. that way I could witness their dates kyaaa~ :wub: Jk. hmm, I'd probably be female version of Eun :) He's the closest I could mirror myself.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

In Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, we follow MLSHR live (TVOneAsia is paying TV). But the reaction is totally different from Korea. The rating is skyrocketing up to 73%.

But not for the masses right? Is it 73% of all shows aired at that time slot? - Primetime??

Meaning ML is beating your local content shown ( has any local content ever achieved such viewership) - Are you sure you are doing apple to apple?

Because that is all i can gather... for low ratings in Korea.. primetime, choppy editing in the beginning.. and PBG+Moonlight decent treatment just gave them an edge...

Rest ya, can't say.. I mean no offence but I don't think Doctors or Heirs was a grt drama but that managed grt ratings because of star cast.. so ya never know

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ceda209 said:

Hehehe...he can't feed himself with his left hand, but he can feed HS just fine.  Our wolfy boy is too much.  Anybody else love the way he's sitting with his legs crossed waiting to eat his lover's cooking.  He looked so cute & vulnerable.  *heart flutters all away to Pegasus* 

I remember watching him in one of the episode (cant remember which episode) where he fight with a group of monks in a temple. He use left hand for his sword fight. Holding a knife on his right hand. Not sure if he is lefty or not. Perhaps he trained both hand for sword fighting. 

• Like 12

Reading Lee Jun Ki's interview just breaks my heart. He is doing an phenomenal job, his performance is so freaking good, it deserves an Oscar. It's heart-wrenching that he blames himself for the low ratings, thinking he must be lacking in certain areas. For god sakes what could he possibly be missing?! He nails the micro-expressions, he gotten better at the kiss scenes, HE DOES HIS OWN STUNTS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, and his ability to literally breathe life into his character is a rare quality. The true and the greatest flaw in this show is not the actors/actresses, but in fact the editing. Honestly I would like to see the editors formally apologize (if they haven't already) because had the editing been crisp and clean from the get go, maybe, just maybe SH:Ryeo may have been able to get an edge over MBDC or at least compete more fairly. Better editing means showcasing the actors performances, and if the editing doesn't do justice, then it will cast a bad light on the actors.

AND GOD DAMN IT, IF HE DOESN'T GET AN AWARD, WE THE VIEWERS GOTTA GIVE ONE TO HIM BECAUSE HE FREAKING DESERVES IT.

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

Please excuse the off topic request. Anyone here knows the email address lf namoo actors agency? Kindly pm me the address. Thank you

It's PR@namooactors.com

I got the email address from Namoo's website and I did send an email to them re LJG & Moon Lovers last week.

Hope it helps! It does break my heart... T_T

• Like 17

I truly hope this tweet stays true until next week this time...last week there are news of SBS not airing MLSHR, but then it changed and the game still aired on SBS...pleaaaaase, let this one be the true, pleaaaaase!!

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, tinniet said:

For the first 3 episodes they aired the same version with the international version though, and they received heavy criticisms along with the decreasing rating. I remember that we actually got pretty good rating for eps 2, but it just goes downward ever since. I'd still stick on the editing problem, because even here and in Dramabeans, people are commenting about the editing problem on every single episode, particularly the few first episodes. They failed to attract viewers from the beginning, and with MDBC going strong, people just let go of this drama. The first episodes are the key, if they failed to hook the viewers, it would go that way no matter how good the rest of the episodes are.

for me, the first 3 episodes were not particularly   that bad ,i have no eye for editing problems so i was ok with them...they just didn't  make me  as addicted to the drama  as i am now ...to be honest had the drama only been the international version ,i will not be watching it with so much devotion...i would have liked it nonetheless and would have watch it regardless ,but I wouldn't have been so affected by it ... as it stands now, i  even make time in by bussy schedule to watch it raw, look  for translations and participate in the forum...that is how bad ML has affected me...i should be doing other things but now and then i like to come here to commend, so i won't feel so lonely in watching  the drama by myself ...RL friend buddies don't watch K dramas...how unfortunate of me... so i am one of those who 's thankful that there are alternatives to the episodes, i much prefer the SBS version ...my favorite...I don't know how i would have feel if i was aware that they cut one of my favorite scenes ( make up-i will make you mine scene ep 8 or hug scene in ep 16)and i wouldn't be able to watch it....i am So centric so i like his personal development in the SBS version the most...i like how they concentrate on little details of our ships developments it doesn't feel so force and you can appreciate the reciprocity between the  characters....

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Thanks!!.. You taking or taken classes in editing?

I love this technical analysis... we don't get to understand the specifics behind film making and i am reading all of this for the first time ever.. so incredible.. 

Do you have a regular blog or posts regarding this topic (editing .. not mL..) . would so love to read it..

• Like 14

15 hours ago, ucieh said:

It's PR@namooactors.com

I got the email address from Namoo's website and I did send an email to them re LJG last week.

Hope it helps! It does break my heart... T_T

I just sent an email to that address. I hope our email can give encourgement, hope and support to LJG. 

15 hours ago, shiraru said:

I truly hope this tweet stays true until next week this time...last week there are news of SBS not airing MLSHR, but then it changed and the game still aired on SBS...pleaaaaase, let this one be the true, pleaaaaase!!

I dont believe this anymore. They posted the same thing last week and on Monday 17/10, out of the blue they posted baseball game is on. 

15 hours ago, minmar said:

I didn't see that... not at all. I will grant I do not have a lot of experience with Kdrama...  but I didn't see any editing, continuity or timing issues with MLSHR... I did note a few glitches but the one that made me crazy wasn't even mentioned anywhere that I was aware of... (and it was the stupid double saddle..because yeah as a warrior I ride with one of those all the time)  ...that scene should have been a double take, one using the double saddle to accomplish the stunt of picking up Hae Soo and one without the double saddle so it wasn't visible  as Wang So rode toward her to pick her up and after he put her down. The other glitch was the Yo disappearing and reappearing trick when he was first detained only to appear later running to the cliff.. that was a editing glitch.

What I find unbelievable is the fact that the audience in SK can watch the same tired cliche story lines over and over and over. Yet complain about technical flaws that appear in a literary classic. If the other elements were all equal. If SK said NO to those I would respect their comments about MLSHR but when they continue to lap up the 33rd amnesia case for the women pretending to be a man, who has lost her family and lives in poverty yet meets a multimillionaire and becomes a secret agent who falls in love with a man who is out to avenge his murdered.....well you get the idea.  PLEASE... this they are blind to but film editing they are all professionals. meh

That exactly my thought!!! Brilliant post!!:thumbsup:

• Like 20

Question :huh:

These Korean broadcasting companies have Foreign partners right? broadcasting companies of other international countries.
And they sell airing rights (by contract) to these outside broadcasting companies.  So it means THEY EARN MONEY FROM THAT TOO?  IT'S A SOURCE OF REVENUE?

Even if their major priority is the local Korean audience ? they also market their shows outside Korea ?
So the international viewers is also considered THEIR AUDIENCE ? IT IS STILL AN ADDITIONAL REVENUE for them? right?

And exactly, this SBS Company have an

"SBS International "  - with an office address in California ---- SO WHAT FUNCTION DOES THIS "international" sister company of them do? when the mother office is bullying, picking on a "very popular" drama of them outside Korea.  Sure it failed locally, but does international success not count? at all? so why have International offices for -  what's the use?

SBS INTERNATIONAL
3530 Wilshire Blvd Suite #1000, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Tel. 213-381-2121 Fax. 213-381-2131
E-mail: info@sbs-int.com

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, minmar said:

I didn't see that... not at all. I will grant I do not have a lot of experience with Kdrama...  but I didn't see any editing, continuity or timing issues with MLSHR... I did note a few glitches but the one that made me crazy wasn't even mentioned anywhere that I was aware of... (and it was the stupid double saddle..because yeah as a warrior I ride with one of those all the time)  ...that scene should have been a double take, one using the double saddle to accomplish the stunt of picking up Hae Soo and one without the double saddle so it wasn't visible  as Wang So rode toward her to pick her up and after he put her down. The other glitch was the Yo disappearing and reappearing trick when he was first detained only to appear later running to the cliff.. that was a editing glitch.

What I find unbelievable is the fact that the audience in SK can watch the same tired cliche story lines over and over and over. Yet complain about technical flaws that appear in a literary classic. If the other elements were all equal. If SK said NO to those I would respect their comments about MLSHR but when they continue to lap up the 33rd amnesia case for the women pretending to be a man, who has lost her family and lives in poverty yet meets a multimillionaire and becomes a secret agent who falls in love with a man who is out to avenge his murdered.....well you get the idea.  PLEASE... this they are blind to but film editing they are all professionals. meh

Hmm.. nice to hear that..

More than the technical flaws.. its the interruption in the flow of the story.. I still do find that jarring.. we have some scenes.. and then someone else has to mention some other scene from some other version from some other episode to make its relevance or impact clear..

So, that is the bigger problem than technical stuff..

But speaking for myself, the acting draws me in.. and initially it ws all due to cinematagrophy and LJK.. editing still bugs me with immediate mood changes and inconsistency in flow.. it doesn't rile me up because I have been watching from ep 1 so broadly able to piece all of it together..

But grt.. that viewers like you have found it seamless in its flow..that's encouraging..

And we can't say what is boring to whom.. a lot of people loved Healer.. and personally again, i didn't find it so overwhelming.. So you never know what may click with whom

MLSHR is also romance genre .. nthg spectacular.. in terms of genre.. from politics angle, koreans have some extremely amazing dramas with taut script.... so korean audience knows korean audience the best

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, tinniet said:

For the first 3 episodes they aired the same version with the international version though, and they received heavy criticisms along with the decreasing rating. I remember that we actually got pretty good rating for eps 2, but it just goes downward ever since. I'd still stick on the editing problem, because even here and in Dramabeans, people are commenting about the editing problem on every single episode, particularly the few first episodes. They failed to attract viewers from the beginning, and with MDBC going strong, people just let go of this drama. The first episodes are the key, if they failed to hook the viewers, it would go that way no matter how good the rest of the episodes are.

yes they made mistakes in earlier episodes. but they already made it up. they even re-aired those episodes. didn't korean have instagram? twitter? the changes are all over it.  and so many things amazing about this drama from the first episode and they drop MLSHR because of the editing? i watched moonligt first when my friends told me about MLSHR after they aired 4 episodes. and i accidently watch this amazing drama from episode 1 before the editing and i regreted it why i haven't watched this from the beginning. yes the editing was a problem but much other things hooked me to this drama. but i'm not korean though :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, minmar said:

I love everything about this post ...even the meh at the end ...i couldn't agree more with you on those things...

• Like 23

32 minutes ago, faeriealice said:

Reading Lee Jun Ki's interview just breaks my heart. He is doing an phenomenal job, his performance is so freaking good, it deserves an Oscar. It's heart-wrenching that he blames himself for the low ratings, thinking he must be lacking in certain areas. For god sakes what could he possibly be missing?! He nails the micro-expressions, he gotten better at the kiss scenes, HE DOES HIS OWN STUNTS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, and his ability to literally breathe life into his character is a rare quality. The true and the greatest flaw in this show is not the actors/actresses, but in fact the editing. Honestly I would like to see the editors formally apologize (if they haven't already) because had the editing been crisp and clean from the get go, maybe, just maybe SH:Ryeo may have been able to get an edge over MBDC or at least compete more fairly. Better editing means showcasing the actors performances, and if the editing doesn't do justice, then it will cast a bad light on the actors.

AND GOD DAMN IT, IF HE DOESN'T GET AN AWARD, WE THE VIEWERS GOTTA GIVE ONE TO HIM BECAUSE HE FREAKING DESERVES 

Its.ok.....he.is the best

I read somewhere next week..baseball will.show.at.sbs.sport

At last.they.think something...its weird.to.put.baseball.game in drama.slot

• Like 13

On 10/20/2016 at 6:54 AM, MAROSA_JIN said:

Lee Jun Ki shares his thoughts on his acting career and disappointing 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' TV ratings

By alice101   

Actor Lee Jun Ki recently posed for a photo shoot with 'Singles' magazine, charming everyone with his fall-inspired outfits and gorgeous looks. During an interview at the photo shoot site, the actor discussed his thoughts on his dramas, TV ratings, and his overall acting career and some choices he has had to make. 

When asked to talk about his current drama, 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' Lee Jun Ki admitted, "I have worries about the TV ratings." As a big drama with its original, Chinese version having had huge success, the Korean version is not doing as well in terms of TV ratings. Lee Jun Ki stated, "I feel sad. All the actors and staff worked so hard. Everyone worked so hard..." Aside from the TV ratings, the drama is getting a lot of positive feedback, and many are praising Lee Jun Ki's acting. However, he did not make excuses, saying, "I have no regrets. As a leading role, I must have a sense of responsibility with its success, including TV ratings. As I watch this drama, I am looking for what it is lacking." 

His monitoring does not end there. Lee Jun Ki says that he reads all the comments on articles related to him. He explained, "Not just my works, but I watch almost all dramas and movies that are out to analyze what people like, why certain dramas have high ratings, and why some don't do as well. It helps me be a better actor for the next work and also helps me to select scripts." 

When questioned about plans to get married, he responded, "I have my priorities. I want to be settled as an actor first. It's not just about performing well as an actor. I think a lot about how I can be chosen by the public consistently...Yes, I do feel frustrated with myself sometimes too." 

Reveal hidden contents

ALLKPOP

===========

Lee Joon Ki talks life after Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

Lee Joon Ki is ready to meet fans and continue to grow as an actor!

With only four episodes left in Scarlet Heart:Ryeo, the leading actor is already talking fanmeetings and future acting opportunities with Singles magazine. The 34 year-old actor modeled the latest trends in suits, crocheted sweaters and leather jackets for the black and white photo shoot, while he chatted with the publication.

He is all in when it comes to fan gatherings! Fanmeeting preparations take about a month, because he is very hands-on with the entire event. From songs to special events during the meetings, he does it all. "I am grateful to all my fans, and I am trying hard to be together with them," he said.

Reveal hidden contents

Although he is very happy he met the great cast and crew on the set of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, the Hallyu star is ready to embrace the future. His next role is Commander Lee in the Hollywood film Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, which releases in US theaters on January 27. "It's just a special appearance, and I think of it as a good experience... I have been acting for more than 10 years now, but there's still a lot I want to show everyone. I haven't met my true character yet. I hope to in the future."

Fans are more than willing to take that future ride with him. I think Lee Joon Ki has done an unbelievable job as Wang So these past couple of months. I was 100% Team Wang Wook until recent episodes. He's very persuasive.

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/lee-joon-ki-talks-life-after-scarlet-heart-ryeo-/

Thank you for sharing the article, now I desperately want Lee Joon Gi to win an award..:tears:
I don't get it, why MLSHR get low rates.. With a great cast all the actors & actress fit their role perfectly, Sigh..so sad..
even my hubby admits Lee Joon Gi really Great Actor, after watching Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo

(he often dislikes Kdrama) now he always watches MLSHR with me but keep teasing me when I'm fangirling LJG :wub:

• Like 23