[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

Dear Chinguls, 

I know we've been speculating for months how the drama will end and how severe WS and HS's eventual breakup will be. 

I  would like to raise another important question for discussion!

WHY IS JIMONG IN GORYEO BUT ALSO IN THE FUTURE? I am sure this is a crucial point the writer will visit at the end of the story!  is this plot point in the original novel? 

Since JM traveled to the future, met HS and went back to Goryeo when he drowned as a child, it would probably mean that he knows HS is from the future (the scene after the rain ritual also suggests this). after HS dies and GJ becomes devastated, perhaps he works hard to devise a way for GJ to meet HS again in the future (cause GJ to have a near death experience during an eclipse and transport him to future)? what will actually happen? I am soo curious!! I think JM is the key to the happy ending we are all looking forward to!

I didn't read your post at all but liked it simply because your name is awesome.  

• Like 11

For the C-drama's sequel (three years after C-drama was shown), they were able to get the main couple and several other characters (emperor, head eunuch (lady oh equivalent), CR/Yutan, Ruoxi's sister (Myung Hee equivalent), and maybe other characters, but I'm really bad at recognizing people when they change their hairstyle). Since Moon Lovers is so popular, wouldn't the actors and actresses want to do a sequel to gain more popularity?

• Like 12

18 hours ago, kathylim82 said:

Sorry if it has been posted before. Let's show our support for LJG and MLSHR by voting him and the drama. The first one is apparently an actual award presentation. He's currently 6th now. 

Spread the love. :heart:

Please vote for Lee Joon Gi Oppa! Let's give him all the support we could! :wub:

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

For the C-drama's sequel (three years after C-drama was shown), they were able to get the main couple and several other characters (emperor, head eunuch (lady oh equivalent), CR/Yutan, Ruoxi's sister (Myung Hee equivalent), and maybe other characters, but I'm really bad at recognizing people when they change their hairstyle). Since Moon Lovers is so popular, wouldn't the actors and actresses want to do a sequel to gain more popularity?

Notwithstanding contractual obligations (see my post above), sometimes it comes down to scheduling. If a sequel is pre-produced like the SHR was, someone like Baekhyun has to clear a six month window in his schedule to accommodate filming. With his EXO concerts, promotions, obligations, Baekhyun could be conflicted out. 

But I would die for a sequel. I have ideas on how to turn it into a romantic comedy to accommodate LJG's wish from his Singles magazine interview.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Notwithstanding contractual obligations (see my post above), sometimes it comes down to scheduling. If a sequel is pre-produced again, someone like Baekhyun has to clear a six month window in his schedule to accommodate filming. With his EXO concerts, promotions, obligations, a six month window is probably difficult. 

Hoping they have a contractual obligations to do a sequel.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be, but 10% of C-dramas's sequel had Liu Shishi playing herself and her evil twin sister in the same scene, so I think it should be possible for Baekhyun to do his scenes separately, then be CGI into a scene with other people, so he wouldn't need a six month window to film. And moving from one location to another should be easier if its not historical setting.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

It might not be that hard depending on their contracts. They might be contractually obligated to do a sequel (and whether or not there is a sequel is at the network's discretion). It's common in Hollywood which is why you'll sometimes see a movie and think, "why would the actor agree to do a sequel?"

A very good example is the third instalment of the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise. David Cross was not happy at all and said he was "forced at legal gunpoint."

Hmm..but i really don't want the same editing team

• Like 9

1 hour ago, pass3rby said:

Forgive if someone has brought this up. I am trying to understand something.

Before Ep 16, HS rejected WS offers to leave the palace mainly because she did not want to interfere or change the course of history that she knew. In other words, she wanted WS to stay in the palace and fullfill his--so called--destiny to be King. NOw, in Ep 16 HS questioned WS on his decision to be king. Even after WS explain why he wanted to be king.

Ep 10 after the forced kiss, they were on the beach, WS offered him to run away. She refused. Maybe because Wang Wook this time.

Ep 12 WS offered her again to get out of the palace when he just back from his journey

Ep 12 too, WS proposed her. So they could get out of the palace.

In Ep 12 HS lived under her premonition on the future that she did not live at that moment. For me, HS and WS move to opposite direction. Nevertheless, The Earth is round, no matter how two things move to opposite direction, they will meet at one point.  It will take a long time and way for them to meet. It might take a thousand years. :mellow:

I think that at this point she is just being greedy and wants to keep him as he is and away from the palace.  Eventually, she will come to understand that she cannot change history and will decide to stay by his side because she loves him so much, however she will end up paying a price :tears:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, cojulie said:

Oh I totally get it!  Consider me "old school" but LJG has always done well in what he does despite some of his works being flops and I love that he makes an effort to be on screen once a year so that his fans can see him.  I'm in my 30's too so I don't see how he's past his prime as he's aged so well and has gotten only better both acting and looks.  I also get upset when people say the same thing about my favorite music group (Beast).  Just because these new guys come out doesn't make them stale ... It's also always bothered me how seemingly unpopular they are compared to their newer counterparts.  LJG has a little over a million followers and has been in the business over a decade now but you see these newbie boy bands that debut a year ago with 2-3 million followers and I don't get it.  Where is the loyalty in the kpop fandom?!  They just keep hopping from one entertainer to the next.  That's not to say I don't like Park Bo Gum and the popularity of Reply 1988 members but my heart still belongs to LJG/Beast as my first loves in acting/music.

I couldn`t agree more! Popularity in entertainment is such a brief thing today, one moment you`re on the top and then a new thing appears and you`re done. Tbh, this actually just prove how good LJG is, he`s been 10 years on the market and is still popular and relevant to the entertainment business,  Isn`t easy to keep a consistent career when new actors keep popping up every day, but he did. 

Which makes this "he passed his prime" even funnier is that thanks to his performance in SRH, he's everywhere. He was topping the searches in China (was it china?), got more than 600.000 followers on IG as fast as a bullet, he's on top 10 on that popularity poll, top 5 in another two tops ( Good data and  drama actor Brand Reputation for October)... he's definitely not doing badly as a veteran actor. 

• Like 22

18 minutes ago, sriskaddict said:

i have been rewatching older episodes. i noticed whenever WS is angry or flabbergasted, corner of his lips tremble. how LJG does that?

actually I notice YH, WH and some other casts (I don't remember exactly) also do that lips corner trembling. But so far LJG's the best, his is most natural and hitting the right point, not less but not too much. I still wonder how they do that though. I tried in front of the mirror and look silly, like why I even tried lol

• Like 18

1 hour ago, runitaaa said:

Just reading your speculation, it already broke my heart!! I can stand CR poison Soo which lead to miscarriage (maybe Won ask her to do this) but I simply cannot stand the idea of So chosing Yeon Hwa over Soo, whatever the reason might be!! Moreover, she lost THEIR CHILD not just her child, he should have sympathy for her NOT ABANDON her! If your speculation turning to be true, we might see each other at the therapist...

I can't see So abandoning Soo after all that they have been through. I think after the miscarriage he will let her leave for her own safety and peace of mind because of palace politics.  I just hope everyone bad gets punished including YH.  Better still if So can arrange a deal with the Hwangbo family to replace YH with Soo, if they want to survive his anger.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@penelop3 

I would like to join to this conversation about the ranking in evilness:

First, I had thought Queen Yoo was the big villain because she was so manipulative, ruthless, cruel and mean to her children, except Jung,  but after watching so many episodes, I have changed my mind. For me, Wang Wook is the big villain because not only did he plan to kill his own brother Mu, but he also targeted So and Eun as well. Then contrary to YH or Yoo, he has blood on his own hands. We know that he killed himself three people at least. Yoo never had blood on her own hands, while she planned the assassination: she used her son or people as pawn to do it. So she has definitely less blood on her hands. Then if I compare Yoo to Yeon Hwa, it is more difficult because both are really similar. Nonetheless, I believe that Yeon Hwa is scarier because she participated in Eun's death. She betrayed her own brother so that she has definitely her share of responsability in Eun's death. Yoo wants to kill So, but she never succeeded, while YH succeeded in killing Eun. Yes, it was because she didn't want to become a hostage. But let us not forget that from the start, she wants to become the Queen. Therefore she is planning with her brother to go back to the palace because she wants her brother to become the king or she wants to become the Queen herself. She has no problem to have an arranged marriage. She is scarier than Yoo in the sense that she is lying to Wang So. Wang So has a false image of Yeon hwa. She might have told him where Eun was hiding, but in his mind, she might have tried to save him. So doesn't know that Yeon Hwa revealed it to Yo and Wook in the first place. In the end, she tries to act like a nice lady in front of him: Yet she is responsible for Hae Soo's torture and for endangering So's life. In my opinion, Wang So doesn't know Yeon Hwa very well. He knows that she is ambitious but he has never witnessed her ruthlessness. As conclusion, Yeon Hwa is scarier than Yoo. She will manipulate So... however, I would like Wang Wook to hurt his own sister by revealing Yeon Hwa's involvement in the poisoning!! I am sure, it will happen after the marriage. So my list is:

1- Wang Wook

2- Yeon Hwa--> both siblings express no real remorse!! They don't suffer from their misdeeds.

3- Yoo: because she manipulated Yo to kill his own brother (Mu) and she had no problem to kill lady Oh. She even enjoyed her death.

4- Won: with his lies and actions, he has no remorse to turn his back on everyone. He is responsible for Mu's death. Mu died under terrible conditions. He was the one who received the mercury and gave it to CR. So he has definitely blood on his hand. Moreover, he doesn't feel any remorse about Eun or Mu's death at all. 

5- Yo: because of his guilty conscience.

6- CR

Just wanted to add that it was also WW's idea for Yo to use Soo to get So to be his dog, and withheld information on the poisoning to cover up YH's involvement. I know that his twisted mind makes him think or justifies everything that he is doing is for his family and HS, but his inaction to reveal the truth about the poisoning would have led to the execution of Soo, the "love" of his life, if Lady Oh did not step in.

• Like 15

37 minutes ago, Once Upon Time said:

Hi moon lovers,

please vote daily for only one actor for Asia Artist Awards

http://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/lists/3?sort=nickname&search=

wow.. baekhyun number for real? exo fans really into it,,,,

i hope mine was counted, the number didnt change when i tried, just when refreshed so i dunno if its someone else...
oh well... lets hope for the best..

• Like 5

@chi13lou Yes,thanks for completing my point about Wang Wook being the big villain. good job onion head I know that I could have mentioned even more than that. He is so manipulative and hides behind his gentle manners that's why he is so scary and dangerous. He has always used people to get his results done and he is still doing it:

- Lady Hae: behind his gentleness, he was coldhearted. He made her hope that he would love her back at some point. He used lady Hae's death to get even closer to Hae Soo, well aware that she had given her approval before her death.

- Yeon Hwa

- Lady Oh

- Won

- Chae Ryun Now, he is preparing to become the next king before So. He acted as if he was concerned (asked for a doctor), yet he left with Jung to get the support of Yo's uncle. 

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

Notwithstanding contractual obligations (see my post above), sometimes it comes down to scheduling. If a sequel is pre-produced like the SHR was, someone like Baekhyun has to clear a six month window in his schedule to accommodate filming. With his EXO concerts, promotions, obligations, Baekhyun could be conflicted out. 

But I would die for a sequel. I have ideas on how to turn it into a romantic comedy to accommodate LJG's wish from his Singles magazine interview.

thats a good idea.. aside from "my girl", which only he is second lead/support, i wanna see him in romantic comedy (did he even have one?) even just once... :):):)

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, tinniet said:

actually I notice YH, WH and some other casts (I don't remember exactly) also do that lips corner trembling. But so far LJG's the best, his is most natural and hitting the right point, not less but not too much. I still wonder how they do that though. I tried in front of the mirror and look silly, like why I even tried lol

oh yeah YH also does that. i forgot. i too tried, but couldn't do

• Like 10