[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Soooooo.... the ratings continue to climb!!!

Lemme celebrate a bit...

... before I dig into the episode. Gonna watch Dramafever version first (because I know it will disappoint me --- why on why did I get premium for this?) Then will properly enjoy the SBS version.

Oh! And my husband has my (new) secondary monitor screwed into the table... so that yesterday's incident will not be repeated.

The good of this thread is that I always see the HOT! symbol everytime I lurke the soompi forum

• Like 11

I think the ending will be very sad.

The real Gwangjong aka Wang So.. married his half sister.. Wang Wook's sister (cant remember her name ... ermhhh) later being coronated as Empress Deamak.. 

She did said to Gwangjong's mom that she will be sitting on throne herself... 

As for Soo.. she might go back to her own time.. why? You might ask... 

There will be another eclipse... and Ji Mong is a time traveller himself... 

Soo might going back to the future before she met with her back stabbing bf and her bff. There she meets with a person who has resembelence of Wang So..

Just my prediction... am very frustrating... not knowing the outcome of the drama...

• Like 7

8 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

do we have jisoo's cut scene anywhere

@enigmatic_zephy Not sure if anyone has posted this, here's the cut scene of jisoo:

Since I dont watch BBJX, can someone please remind me again on Prince 14's character development in BBJX.
Since it's a creative license, the Korean version cannot copy the storyline completely like BBJX. Some must stay faithful to Korean's history - hence the reign of Wang Moo and Wang Yo. But during So's era, the trail should back on track with Jung becoming a well-known general and a man who loves Soo's unconditionally. 

In BBJX, does he also feel vengeful towards Prince 4th, like he is now with So?
Will Jung change side to So, in the final episodes?

Thank youu

• Like 9

This is beyond what my heart can comprehend.

My heart is really weak now, after watching the last two episodes... all the rejection, betrayal, the end of 13th‘s ship (I hope not) and (preview) child marriage!? If that child is CP daughter, I hope CP get/ask/forces WS to married her for her protection after CP pass on... and I hope WW has no part in suggesting it to CP to do it... (He is way down at the bottom of my list now, any lower he will below evil queen)

Does that child happen to be CP only child?

I would rather WS married YH than a child..... WS needs a strong Queen; YH is currently the best candidate.  

• Like 5

@penelop3: In the Chinese drama, the 14th prince definitely didn't feel vengeful towards the 4th. Mad at first, but ultimately resigned that the 4th prince obtained the throne that should have been his. The 4th prince's successful scheming meant that 14th prince didn't have chance to fight him from the throne until it was too late.

Spoiler

The Chinese drama ending scene for the 14th prince is him playing a board game with the 13th prince and the 14th prince living a carefree life locked way in his mother's palace.

• Like 10

Even though I like the ensemble cast, I feel its unfair that the lovestory between So and Soo hasn't even full on started yet. We have already done with 13 episodes showing Wook-Soo love story. With his impending marriage with a child bride niece and evil half sister, I really don't think SoSoo's love story is going to be that epic. 

Also I think Lee Joon Gi's screen time is too less. I feel like I hardly see him for like 15  mins per episode.:tears:

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

Why Wook really hate So? (We all can see how much he hates him during the sword scene). I cannot recall any scene that turn their relationship from friendly brothers into enemy, beside the love triangle. Can someone enlighten this for me??

Besides being jealous I think he sees Wang So as a threat, the crown prince prefer Wang So over Wang Wook so of course he'll pass the throne to him when the time comes, but if there's no Wang So it's definitely Wang Wook who'll take the throne since Wang Yo is out of the way...or that what he thinks 

the other princes are not a threat  

• Like 11

9 hours ago, zi4r said:

@sunshinefate Yep, yep. I have given up on trying to catch up on the thread. With the limited time I have, I usually manage to go back like 5-6 pages tops. Sigh.... I'm missing out on a lot.

@Noor IsmahwatiI Very true. The international popularity is very much established and we have discussed on the overall success of the drama quite extensively. But nevertheless, I feel the need to celebrate it doing better on home turf as well... because the cast & crew deserve much better recognition than they are getting now. My fear is that, without higher domestic ratings, LJG and KHN would not be recognized for their excellent acting during award season. **Fingers crossed** They deserve all the praises in the world.

That's also my concern. I'm afraid that Lee Junki will not get the awards he deserves and be lost to another high ratings drama's actor. However, last year, I Have a Lover was a low rated drama but the actress and actor got the awards they deserved (the popularity awards or netizen awards I forgot, the best couple award, and best actress award for the villain role or something like that). So, at least, we can still hope for the best for our drama. They have to know that this drama is really popular internationally, therefore they must know the netizens' reactions if they don't give any honorable awards to our great actors' and actresses. Our Queen Yoo, Yeon Hwa, Ji Mong, and Wook deserve the awards

9 hours ago, gobsmack said:

Even though I like the ensemble cast, I feel its unfair that the lovestory between So and Soo hasn't even full on started yet. We have already done with 13 episodes showing Wook-Soo love story. With his impending marriage with a child bride niece and evil half sister, I really don't think SoSoo's love story is going to be that epic. 

Also I think Lee Joon Gi's screen time is too less. I feel like I hardly see him for like 15  mins per episode.:tears:

Also feel that. Maybe it's because this drama only has 20 episodes. If only they make it into a 24episodes format drama. Our Joon Gi:bawling: this is the first drama I watch it with live streaming.

• Like 15

8 hours ago, ceda209 said:

I find it ironic that WS has been wearing a mask practically all his life, but the mask doesn’t hide who he really is.  Whereas, WW has always shown his face, but really hiding behind an invisible mask. 

@ceda209 Totally agree with you. 

Because of his scar, So feels he has nothing else to hide. People automatically make a bad assumption of him and this is not something that he can control. When someone is mocked, feared, and avoided all his life, there's no point in preserving self-image. Even his act of kindness is perceived negative by others. So he behaves like what the society is expected of him, not caring of others, act mean, etc. 
So in this case, is living a 'light' life. No obligation, no demands from society and the palace (except later on we found out about King Taejo's objective for So), no family, no estate - thus no real responsibility. 

Wook, different from So, is living a 'heavy' life. Everything that So doesnt have, Wook has it and has to bear responsibility about it. 
He, on the other hand, because of his upbringing and his status, acts according to what is expected of him as a Prince, the leader of a clan. He puts on a facade that ooze nobility, dignity, and trustworthiness. He's like a painting: from afar looks very beautiful, but upclose, you can see flaws. Nobody is ever allowed to see the flaws and he covers it up well with his calm demeanor, gentle words and kind acts. Remember the charity work and the poems, cant remember the rest. 

It's interesting to compare and contrast these two men. Like LJK said in one interview, both of So and Wook see the same thing but perceive it differently.
For example: 
So sees Soo as the love of his life, without which he is nothing. He is humbled by that fact and this notion is what drives him to actively trying to possess Soo (in a good way and which making me toes curled :sweatingbullets: everytime he does that)
Wook sees Soo as a distraction something that can relieve him the burden of his heavy life. Does he think of her seriously, maybe yes, maybe during that time, his infatuation turns to love, but certainly that love cannot outweigh his reasoning. 

So sees the throne as a way to get someone's heart, a simple yet difficult wish - nobody can own someone's heart just by being a King. Wook sees it as gaining power so that he can control things, owning Soo, clear his burden. 

• Like 17

WW is clever. Sending a message to CP was a good move and from the ep 14 preview it looks like he will use it to get what he wants. But it's a pity because he will never be king.

Court Lady Oh is dead but in the end her name was the king's last word. Poor queens. I think this is the start of queen yoo's fall. 

There were scenes that implies WW-HS is no more. I really hope that in the next episode we will finally see a closure to that.

It's always a pleasure to see WE and PSD. They balance the show with their cute banter.

YH. Oh, this girl. Still thinking about power while facing her father's dead body. History says she married WS. The next preview showed WS with the girl who is the daughter of CP. I can't wait to see what will happen. 

When WS stopped WW from shooting WY. When he extended his hand to catch WY. When he cried to HS about it. Those actions just proved that he is just and respectful and loving. Queen Yoo doesn't know what she's casting aside. Sigh. 

Episode 14 looks promising. For the first time in my life, i want monday to come sooner. :D

kisspic_.jpg

• Like 21

26 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

@enigmatic_zephy Not sure if anyone has posted this, here's the cut scene of jisoo:

Since I dont watch BBJX, can someone please remind me again on Prince 14's character development in BBJX.
Since it's a creative license, the Korean version cannot copy the storyline completely like BBJX. Some must stay faithful to Korean's history - hence the reign of Wang Moo and Wang Yo. But during So's era, the trail should back on track with Jung becoming a well-known general and a man who loves Soo's unconditionally. 

Thank youu

Spoiler

In the Chinese version, 14th prince is 4th prince younger brother. The 4th prince ascend the throne after the old king died. Base on historical, the 4th prince took over the throne legitimately. But his mother accused him that he stole the throne from his younger brother(14th prince). 14th prince also believed his older brother stole the throne from him, so yes, he did resent the 4th prince.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

In BBJX they never liked each other but they didn't hate each other either. 14th prince was in the side of 8th prince at the beginning, 8th prince was his beloved brother after all. He adored 8th prince…but as years passed 14th prince began to notice that himself was king material. So I think, he was not in the side of 8th anymore, he was on his own side that secretly wanted the throne. A throne that he really deserved.

In SPOILER if you want to watch BBJX…but is NOT a spoiler of Moon Lovers. 

Spoiler

Everybody wanted 14th prince who was really smart and skillful warrior to be the king. The king (father) at the end before dying told 4th prince: "The new king will be 14th prince" and 4th prince decided to falsificate the king's edict and become the new king in his place. 14th prince got really mad because he kind of knew it but couldn't prove it. 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

In BBJX they never liked each other but they didn't hate each other either. 14th prince was in the side of 8th prince at the beginning, 8th prince was his beloved brother after all. He adored 8th prince…but as years passed he began to notice that he (14th) was king material. So I think, he was not in the side of 8th anymore…he was on his own side that secretly wanted the throne. A throne that he really deserved. Everybody wanted 14th prince who was really smart and skillful warrior to be the king. The king (father) at the end before dying told 4th prince: "The new king will be 14th prince" and 4th prince decided to falsificate the edict and become the new king in his place. 14th prince got really mad because he kind of knew it but can't prove it. 

Please note it has been discussed before that this falsification of edict is a folk legend becos someone posted already that the edict at that time was written in different languages (Manchu n chinese + one more can't remember), so it wasn't easy to edit all versions.

• Like 14