[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

I steel myself and rewatch the SBS version and still didn't like it.

I have come to accept that Lee joon gi is the second lead and it make me boil.

Everything they make him do n go thru plus the way hs talks to him. Someone drank poison for you and you gave them the load of trash talk? Sure, she likes him but not enuf. She loves wook way much more, that was very clear to me in the conversation by the river in both versions.

It's very painful for me to say goodbye here, but I am starting the journey.  

I'm with you on this @qwenli. Unfortunately it definitely feels like Lee Joon Gi is the second lead here. If WangSo and HaeSoo is the end game, I'm not sure how they are going to make it believable with only 8 episodes left. I'm just going to stick with watching this till the end, not for the love story but for the love of Wang So who absolutely deserves more than this.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I don't think Wang Wook will die. I can't find the interview anymore since I know no Korean. But there was an interview that KHN said Wang Wook doesn't have a death scene. So therefore, he won't die or at least he'll die naturally. But for sure, 9th prince and Chaeryung will suffer sooner or later. :( I hope Chaeryung's death won't be as terrifying as in the original.

Yeah luckily i've read the spoiler in the forum, or else i would toppled over my chair when watching it at night

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I don't think Wang Wook will die. I can't find the interview anymore since I know no Korean. But there was an interview that KHN said Wang Wook doesn't have a death scene. So therefore, he won't die or at least he'll die naturally. But for sure, 9th prince and Chaeryung will suffer sooner or later. :( I hope Chaeryung's death won't be as terrifying as in the original.

That's a relief. I don't think HS's heart be at ease if somehow she caused another person's death. I hope CR will be in good hands. Exile her and all just don't kill her. Any more tragedy,and  HS looks like she will not be able to mend. 

3hours to go before its Ep13. Looking forward to HS returning that bracelet to WW. Because that's a proper closure. Don't we return the gifts we received from an ex as a sign of closure? Then,  it's the end. No more regrets. No more what ifs and maybe's. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Claudia Koh said:

ah finally I've figured out how to reply to this forum . I'm so happy that I've finally found a platform to express my love for moon lovers and thanks to everyone who analysed the episodes and pointed out minor details . i think we've all come to a safe conclusion that Haesoo IS very much in love with Wangso as well , she just thinks of herself as a misfortune and doesn't want to hinder his future as king . for that, i can forgive. but the scene with Wook made me so confused. "then all is good" after hearing Wook's confession that he missed her too, every second . so whats up ??????? i can't understand why the scriptwriter added the scene . can someone kindly explain to me what they thought of that scene ? also i swear this thread moves at the speed of Wangso's horse i really can't keep up with it but I'm so happy everyone here adores Moon Lovers :heart: (the heart is cute too)

Welcome to the family Claudia!:lol: I'm quite new here too! I love reading the analysis on this thread and sharing my thoughts. Looking forward to read your opinions too :)

My take on that scene is that HaeSoo is finally relieved to get the answer she wants to hear. I forgot which version but before she asked "Did you miss me?", she told Wook "I missed you" twice.But instead of hearing a reply like "me too" or something, all she got was more excuses as to why he wasnt able to keep to his promises.And she's had enough of excuses.So she asked him the question.His answer to that was what she wanted to hear in the first place.Her saying "then all is good" is like implying 'I want an honest answer.I dont want excuses'. Perhaps this scene also puts her mind at ease knowing that Wook did genuinely love her so it isnt a one-sided love.But she accepts this relationship isnt going to go anywhere. 

• Like 11

Still doing my backreading and 20 more pages to catch up..I think I could make it always..so if anyone posted this view, sorry for double post... 

16 hours ago, rcalma said:

Yeah Chae Ryeong and the 9th prince Wang Won will still have a loveline right?? now that we were on Ep12 do we still have to wait for these last OTP to develop? i hope soo... 

seeing these pre-pics... they were paired up... seeing these two i do like there chemistry

If it is according to C version...Chae Ryeong(YuTang) and 9th doesnt really have loveline, she is just a spy that he place with Rouxi...but she love him tho, as he is the one who saved her life...

16 hours ago, larinalove said:

I think we all would have been more tolerating and patient with this progress of plot in the drama if we knew the drama has up to 25 episodes or if the progress of the "main romance" was more, how do you say it, yes, actually progressing (sarcasm intended). But the drama is not 25 episodes and we are more than half way through without anything big actually being resolved. We still  have a silly, naive HS pinning for Wook, we still have Taejo alive, we still have left to see 3 kings die and up until now the progress of the WS-HS romance has been at a snail pace, no actually there is romance but just a one sided, unrequited love and the writers had the brilliant idea to fit all this in the last 8 episodes?! Well I am no expert but it doesn't seem smart and logical.

Now, I am off to watch cat videos to calm myself!! Love you all! 

Sorry to cut your post short...just thinking...what if we do not have 3 kings to die but have only 2 kings..JM and Taejo said...only Mu and So have the king star..or fated to be king...they never mention Yo actually..IMO...this show took creative license.. they might place So to be the next king after Mu? Tho I saw Yo die..not too sure whether is he in King dressing when he die anot..

• Like 5

I think my favourite part of this episode is how reinvigorated Soo is in the presence of Wang So, her body is physically receptive to the strength of his love. Mercifully, Wang So is tenacious and resilient in his pursuit of her and those altruistic rejections. The writer has incorporated the noble idiocy troupe but as a subversion that manifests in the female protagonist than the male. Fortunately, Wang So is sufficiently perceptive to combat this with sheer sincerity and persistence. Her dormant feelings must be awakening if she cannot forget him...

And I confess, I was not immune to the proposal and reunion scene. I swooned...

• Like 16

To write or not to write....

First  @qwenli sweetheart...do you really want to leave???:tears:  well, maybe you need to rest for a while with all this emotional roller coaster...but please come back, okay? we'll be missing you.

Second, I always think that HS is always keep her mind in secret..not only to everyone in Goryeo...but to us...US as viewers...I mean...why would the writer made HSs character like that? be so secretive even to the viewers???? Maybe we don't used with that..we as viewers usually are shown the mind work of the characters..their inside struggles..but no...we actually should play hide and seek in this drama...should guess what are the characters think. (okay..only for Hae Soo character in this case). So I came into this conclusion...please skip reading it if you don't want to..coz this could be a spoiler 

Spoiler

In BBJX (Scarlet Heart Cversion) we barely know RXs feelings..she only showed a little..but at least it is shown to us the viewers...At the last episodes we could see RX fell ill and she's missing her 4th prince badly so she started to write a letter for him..hoping he will come to see her. This letter actually shows all of her feelings...all of her thoughts for long times..the answers to all of the questions that we, as viewers, wanted to know.

Actually...I'm always wondering from ep 8...is this what it means?the reason why is HS being so secretive?is it because the writer wants to reveal all of this in the end???REALLY??? So you actually wants us viewers to stick to the show for hoping of HS revealing feelings someday??is it Writer-nim???if it is so...then I'm going to stick until the end...I want to see if my prediction is right...

Or maybe the writer will reveal HSs feelings to the viewers at tonight eps??? (very small possibility) but fingers crossed it will reveal tonight..for the sake of our mental health :sweatingbullets:

That's only my rant anyways...you can ignore it chingu :)

• Like 11

7 hours ago, rei_smasher11 said:

I think I got it thanks to you and @sharreb

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!! :wub:

IMG_3574_zpsvutir3wj.jpg

this may happen when shes wearing lady oh's clothes, the sang goong outfit because her hair is still pulled back, and i think her last change of clothes would be back to noble, her hairstyle is like yeon hwa, so maybe she will be a non royal wife of wang so or adopted by someone or something. possibly by next week or ep 16. 

Edited by glacial
  • Like 14

10 minutes ago, riuenu said:

Still doing my backreading and 20 more pages to catch up..I think I could make it always..so if anyone posted this view, sorry for double post... 

If it is according to C version...Chae Ryeong(YuTang) and 9th doesnt really have loveline, she is just a spy that he place with Rouxi...but she love him tho, as he is the one who saved her life...

Sorry to cut your post short...just thinking...what if we do not have 3 kings to die but have only 2 kings..JM and Taejo said...only Mu and So have the king star..or fated to be king...they never mention Yo actually..IMO...this show took creative license.. they might place So to be the next king after Mu? Tho I saw Yo die..not too sure whether is he in King dressing when he die anot..

I agree with you on this. I think they will skip WY becoming king.

A hint to his downfall has been given I think when WJ says that his greed will get him into trouble. 

Off-topic, to WS-HS shippers - Today's episode might put a  permanent shift in HS's feelings towards WS. She will let go of WW from her heart ...............and then WS will find out that the one HS loves is WW. I wonder what his reaction to that is going to be? She will love WS now but he will think her heart with WW coz of the  way she has been treating him?! So frustrating this triangle :crazy:

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Claudia Koh said:

ah finally I've figured out how to reply to this forum . I'm so happy that I've finally found a platform to express my love for moon lovers and thanks to everyone who analysed the episodes and pointed out minor details . i think we've all come to a safe conclusion that Haesoo IS very much in love with Wangso as well , she just thinks of herself as a misfortune and doesn't want to hinder his future as king . for that, i can forgive. but the scene with Wook made me so confused. "then all is good" after hearing Wook's confession that he missed her too, every second . so whats up ??????? i can't understand why the scriptwriter added the scene . can someone kindly explain to me what they thought of that scene ? also i swear this thread moves at the speed of Wangso's horse i really can't keep up with it but I'm so happy everyone here adores Moon Lovers :heart: (the heart is cute too)

@Claudia Koh 

I wrote my impressions of E12 (focusing on HS's potential feelings for 8th and 4th) here:

Below are excerpts I noted down from the forum, which struck me as interesting and/or insightful. I apologize deeply for not being able to credit the excerpts to people; I copied them without noting down the authors.

Spoiler

She said she missed him but at the same time she started to draw a line. She digested everything that happened and made her own resolutions. She is not going to accept any offer and hanging to any hope, she is just going to live as a shadow. Live and breathe. That's all. She still blamed herself and tried to punish herself that way. 

Many are upset about why she is still hung over Wook, since it has been a year. But the way I see it, it was a year without closure with someone she trusted and planned to spend the rest of her life with. She has no idea about any of the factors that made him walk away from her, and I think at this point she doesn't care whether they end up together or not. (Some) feelings still lingers for Wook, but she no longer places any hopes or ambition on a future together.

People, that convo Soo had with Wook was an official break up. There was nothing romantic about it. A year had passed, Soo never got her closure up until that point. She was verifying if what she had with Wook was real, and it was to a point. She was relieved that she wasn't the only one feeling it, and that she wasn't suffering just on her own. Now all he does is utter excuses, which she interrupts because she was sick of listening to them. , which is why she tells him she's seen enough of it and for him to not hurt himself while trying. ... Watch the scene again. It is clear that Soo is heading towards acceptance. She is not delulu, she is just trying to understand why and cope.

I love that HS actively goes through the trouble of limping up the stairs so she could talk to WS, but doesn’t try to talk to Wook even though she had the perfect opportunity. I feel that negates her saying she missed him. And their encounter at night was so different from previous ones. HS no longer accepts and believes Wook’s promises. To me, it seemed that her “I miss you” was an admonishment of why didn’t you visit me instead of making these excuses. That if Wook had really missed her, he would have visited her sooner despite all the reasons he listed out. It’s so different from HS’s first words to WS after a year of not seeing him.

At the point when Hae Soo had the meeting with Wook, I don't think she was trying to get him back or anything...the way I interpreted it, it was just that she wanted to know that her feelings were reciprocated at some point and that she didn't dream up the fact that he had sincerely cared for her at some point. I honestly believe at this point she doesn't want a relationship with any prince because she thinks that she will give bad luck to anyone that comes near her. When she said "That's enough for me" when he said that he did miss her, I think it was more like "that's enough for me to move on" as opposed to "that's all I ever needed let's live happily ever after". Especially since she tells him afterwards not to do anything that will cause him any potential danger. I think some interpreted as a scornful/sarcastic remark, but personally I think she just really doesn't want anyone to hurt themselves for her sake anymore, after what happened with Court Lady Oh. She seems to be resigned to the fact that if she leads a quiet life of loneliness, she won't cause anyone any trouble.

(cr. icesiren)

RE: the convo with WW, the way she asks him if he missed her - her tone is somewhat accusatory and bitter. When he tells her that he missed her every day, she says "Ok. that's enough".  The way I read this line is, she just wanted to make sure that her love and faith in him was not entirely misplaced. that her judgment wasn't so lacking - a confirmation that she wasn't wrong to like him. Because the next thing, she cuts him off as WW tries to tell her that the situation will change shortly and when he gets more power, she says in a strong tone, "don't go to such troubles for me. Don't put yourself in danger. I've already seen enough of that."  The whole scene had a bittersweet feel to it that didn't make me think she was dumbly, blindly still in love with him. I just think she has had enough of it all and wants to let everything go.

• Like 8

I was able to finally pierce together something I was trying to understand.

The scene that Woo Hee stabbed Baek Ah is similar to how in the original when the 13th prince was imprisoned for a long time due to the 8th prince's doing (it was in fact revealed to be Ruoxi who warned the 8th prince which triggered the bomb :P - hence she is indirectly the cause). Here, Wook has his hand in part of Yo's plan. So Yo's plan caused Baek Ah to suffer just like how 8th prince caused 13th prince to suffer in the original. So the 8th prince in the original got divided into Yo and Wook in this situation. And of course, there's the warning that Hae Soo gave to Wook before. So it's coming together.

Also, in the original, it was the 8th prince's wife who led to Ruoxi's realization that she was the cause of the 13th prince's imprisonment. I have a feeling that Yeon Hwa will be the who telling Hae Soo about that or something similar after Chaeryung's death (if everything follows the sequence). Eventually, Hae Soo will blame herself later on for what happened despite the King's advice to her. She already did something or "contributed" to the change in history.

• Like 8

@qwenli thank you so much for all your recaps! I stay up late just to read your caps.  I hope I'll still be able to enjoy your posts and recaps until the end of the drama! 

Lurker alert here... I've started reading about the drama and started watching based on this forum. I read it almost religiously! First time posting on a drama overall so...that says a lot!

the frustration, the anxiety, the butterflies we feel whenever Wang So is doing something totally cheeky and manly.. Gosh, can he be any more imperfectly perfect! 

HS drives me insane but I think all for good reasons. I do agree the story line is going a bit slow.. To much filler and not enough of a bite. I think we are all waiting for that epic BITE in the drama. It's just taking to long and to be honest exhausting... I think 12 eps in just lay down foundation is sorta dragging it out in Kdrama land.  As for WW, given the hype of his character, homeboy has way to much screen time for a "second" lead. Like... I want to skip the live feed and just pass his parts. Just saying.. 

Ill continue to watch, just to get my frills from our 4th prince. I enjoy reading everyone's posts! @qwenli FIGHTING chingu! Looking forward to tonight's ep! 

• Like 16